As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Where is the opening mission of division 2 set?

Don't think they specify but based on the general environmental details it seems like it could be pretty much anywhere on the south eastern seaboard.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Where is the opening mission of division 2 set?

No clue or indication given in game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I was gonna make a comment that I was surprised that people already made it to the endgame of Div 2 but that comment probably became outdated even before the game officially launched!

Didn't they show a bunch of ships firing on with ship guns in the introduction? Who the heck controls the US Navy and Air Force at this point?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    People were at end game on thursday of last week. They just clearly don't have much of anything there right now, which is kind of bad since you know this is exactly what was wrong with division 1.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Well they're doing a live stream today, right? So figure they'll hopefully clear up some of the uncertainty around end game stuff for those on the bleeding edge.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »
    I was gonna make a comment that I was surprised that people already made it to the endgame of Div 2 but that comment probably became outdated even before the game officially launched!

Didn't they show a bunch of ships firing on with ship guns in the introduction? Who the heck controls the US Navy and Air Force at this point?

In the Division 1, the Navy was actively patrolling the waters around Manhattan. They even modeled the ships in the distance.

But it looks like things have rapidly disintegrated since the first game.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the xbox pa clan did not get a weekly cache, we were only like 75% of the way there.

the requirements for bronze are kinda absurd, but all the break points seem to be set such that you need to be a full clan of 50 playing a lot to get any of them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I guess my issue is they seem to have some problematic things they take a while to even address. Beyond fixing obviously broken things like daily quests, addressing why no exotics are in the game? When I wasn't aware those were delayed nebulously beyond release (and neither were streamers based on titles about exotic hunting). I wonder what the hell they are doing over there when these were almost word for word complaints about division 1. It's almost shades of destiny 2.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Exotics are yellows, right? Is it confirmed that they're not in game? I was playing with a friend on Sunday and he had two weapons drop within a couple of minutes of each other, and I got a yellow gas mask off a dude Monday evening while playing (both of us at level 20+, but not level capped).

No yellows are high ends. Exotics are an orange drop, they work on the destiny style now where you can only have one weapon and one armor piece equipped. Currently in game there are only 2 you can get from putting together pieces from either specific boss difficulty drops, or lock box hunting for pieces and then doing a mission for a specific drop. Neither is really a random chance to get it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I guess my issue is they seem to have some problematic things they take a while to even address. Beyond fixing obviously broken things like daily quests, addressing why no exotics are in the game? When I wasn't aware those were delayed nebulously beyond release (and neither were streamers based on titles about exotic hunting). I wonder what the hell they are doing over there when these were almost word for word complaints about division 1. It's almost shades of destiny 2.

I played Division 1 at launch. I feel like you are being a bit hyperbolic. Yeah there are some stuff that is currently not where it needs to be, bugged etc. But the difference is at least it is there to be bugged and then fixed. In Division 1 there just literally wasn't anything there at all.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Congress needs to get off their ass and pass a law to standardize loot names and colors in all video games.

• CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    I have said this elsewhere so I might be repeating myself but at current max GS and WT4 I still find myself with plenty to do right now. Chasing down hunter masks, maxing my Specialization points, DZ incursions for fun, trying to find weapon perks or armor pieces for later recalibration and helping other PA folks level have all kept me busy.

I haven’t even tried conflict yet or attempted to solve some of the unsolved hunter clues. I absolutely wish that the final endgame grind was in place but I still have stuff to engage with in the meantime.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Not to mention...DARK ZONE!

:).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    squall99x wrote: »

I played Division 1 at launch. I feel like you are being a bit hyperbolic. Yeah there are some stuff that is currently not where it needs to be, bugged etc. But the difference is at least it is there to be bugged and then fixed. In Division 1 there just literally wasn't anything there at all.

With how long it took them to fix skills I guess I'm cynical in how long it'll take for them to address the current "well what do I do now?" Like I can't level up another specialization if my daily/bounties aren't working. I'm hitting a wall, and I'm not the only one based on how long it seemingly takes to match make for group activities at my level.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I hit level 15 last night so I'm still having a blast with the game. End game still seems very far away.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Dang, I finished the NOA Space Center mission last nite, that final boss can kiss my pink rear end. Good thing I had the Oxy Launcher or I would still be fighting him this morning.

With how long it took them to fix skills I guess I'm cynical in how long it'll take for them to address the current "well what do I do now?" Like I can't level up another specialization if my daily/bounties aren't working. I'm hitting a wall, and I'm not the only one based on how long it seemingly takes to match make for group activities at my level.

I am leveling up specializations fine without the daily missions. I’m not sure what is different for you.

Also the skills fix took what, a week and a half?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I stomped Roach last night. Would have got him in one go had I not been grenade/sniped or something weird at the same time.

It was definitely the first fight in the game wherein I felt I had to like, focus and use armor. Mostly because the bomb cars seem to have gained the ability to teleport up stairs.

I'll be sad when grenades stop feeling as hurty as they do right now. An explosion directly under a person's feet is still largely an awful, armor wrecking day.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Croaker wrote: »

I am leveling up specializations fine without the daily missions. I’m not sure what is different for you.

How are you leveling it? Just based on normal level up for 3 points at a time? That's painful.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Err. Are you not getting survivalist points from running Challenging activities? I ran around doing bounties and what not and went back to the QM and had like 60 points banked. I'm pretty sure it even says this in the "quick and you'll forget it" tutorial for spec's that to get more points you just do things as the spec. I'm like 10 off from finishing Survivalist and will probably try sniper next.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Div 2 feels like much more of an open conflict than 1 and it’s interesting to me that they evoke this with relatively simple means: fights between roving AI squads and basic sound design pretty much do the lifting

I had a moment of walking down an empty street with the light bloom and atmospheric sound going as night was shifting to dawn and I stopped at an intersection as a deer looked up at me and then bound past

I watched it go and heard the distant sound of a gunshot that sounded effectively like audio of gunshots in documentaries

I moved in that direction with shots getting louder as I approached the skirmish and it really conveyed that sense of intermittent battles distributed within an urban environment

desc on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I hit level 15 last night so I'm still having a blast with the game. End game still seems very far away.

Same — I’m intentionally taking my time

I’ve turned enough games into jobs

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

The game launched for most on the 15th, I don't recall getting the skill bug until the weekend, so it only took a few days I think?

I stomped Roach last night. Would have got him in one go had I not been grenade/sniped or something weird at the same time.

It was definitely the first fight in the game wherein I felt I had to like, focus and use armor. Mostly because the bomb cars seem to have gained the ability to teleport up stairs.

I'll be sad when grenades stop feeling as hurty as they do right now. An explosion directly under a person's feet is still largely an awful, armor wrecking day.

The roach fight fucked me up when I got to it, like I literally had to swap my guns around to take him out, I was using like an AR/Rifle combo that could not dps all the adds fast enough and those rc car jerks just wrecked my shit. I ended up using an LMG to catch them out of cover and a sniper rifle (its where i discovered I could scope and kill enemy's faster then in the beta/division 1, now I generally always bring a marksman rifle)

pleasepaypreacher.net
    ED! wrote: »
    Err. Are you not getting survivalist points from running Challenging activities? I ran around doing bounties and what not and went back to the QM and had like 60 points banked. I'm pretty sure it even says this in the "quick and you'll forget it" tutorial for spec's that to get more points you just do things as the spec. I'm like 10 off from finishing Survivalist and will probably try sniper next.

I am not getting skill points for doing anything right now. I leveled my survivalist fully, swapped over to the sniper hopefully to level that, completed like a bounty and got nothing, no gear, no money just nothing. Because I suspect the daily not resetting bug, I'm not getting rewards on bounties I've completed but the game still offers to me.

pleasepaypreacher.net

How are you leveling it? Just based on normal level up for 3 points at a time? That's painful.

I honestly don’t even know but I never run bounties and my daily missions haven’t reset since they started. I get 10-20 points every time I look and it’s fine.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So like end game wise quick list.

Dailys broken, once you do them they don't refresh, so you can't get blue prints from them or daily experience. Part of this is bounty targets also broken which was a good way of getting points for your spec, so if you cap one you can't easily level up another.

Clan Cache was broken for me, or our clan somehow did not get a bronze cache last week? And if that's the case I feel thats broken as well.

Exotics not in the game right now as a drop, currently there are two that are like creation drop stuff, but no drops.

Challenging difficulty with 4 people at least feels broken with mob hps and mob damage, leading you to have to basically corner camp to complete objectives, if this is the intent than jesus I fear heroic difficulty.

tier 5 not in the game, no indication when it will be in the game but you can see the empty mission at the bottom of the map where you will get tier 5.

I dunno man the gameplay is fun, but there feels like nothing to do at end game right now.

On PC, we got a silver cache. To get it, you have to pick it up from the big box in the Clan room under the Clan status display.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    It'd be fun if this game went the Forza route and had shifting seasons over the long-term. Yes I know this would be near impossible.

Also what does resupplying control points do other than give you XP? Does it help after the endgame thing happens?

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

The roach fight fucked me up when I got to it, like I literally had to swap my guns around to take him out, I was using like an AR/Rifle combo that could not dps all the adds fast enough and those rc car jerks just wrecked my shit. I ended up using an LMG to catch them out of cover and a sniper rifle (its where i discovered I could scope and kill enemy's faster then in the beta/division 1, now I generally always bring a marksman rifle)

I run Marksman/Rifle and AR most of the time. First go, I fought from the entrance, and it mostly worked except for the gibbage near the end. Second go I did it from the right side, up the stairs. I put the turret across from me and Roach pushed up and toward it.

I focused on popping the snipers and grenaders (revenge) and then focused on Roach himself. A few dudes did come up and try to flank me, but the sawed-off changed their mind after the first few ate it. Interestingly, none of the regular assaulter guys tried to after I popped them like that. Sure, it meant just popping them elsewhere, but still.

Once I broke his armor (IDK if armor gets overheal or not) he went down pretty quickly. I love that about this game. those poison environmental hazards... delish.

edit: keeping control points stocked up helps them not fall in the end-game cycle. Prior to that it gives you a buff that lets you see loot through walls and the like, also it may allow the control point NPCs to trigger various events (rescue, convoy, etc) instead gathering ones.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Just ran my first bounties. Even with the daily reset bug I still get specialization points, so I'm not sure what's happening differently for you @Preacher.

Clearly just getting fucked Croaker.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

"Hey, this guy seemed to advocate Anthem. Screw him in particular."

That would be hysterical / I'd feel so bad for you :(.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Not a fan of hearing that only the Crossbow Specialist seems to get +15% AR damage, my friend mentioned wanting Crossbow spec, so I thought about taking the Grenade Launcher spec.

I wish all 3 spec’s got this, I’m pretty much always using an AR with something else.

Still havent tried specializing yet though, think I’m level 24-25’ish.

Sirialis on
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Not a fan of only the Crossbow Specialist getting +15% AR damage.

I wish all 3 spec’s got this, I’m pretty much always using an AR with something else.

Still havent tried specializing yet though, think I’m level 24-25’ish.

Daryl's getting the best is because we're daryls bro. Like the crossbow is kind of a best of both world in that it can range snipe a bit, and it has explosive damage attached to it. Plus fire nades, increased damage against burning targets and better outgoing heals.

Though that delayed armor panel thing just feels shitty, especially since it doesn't really seem to heal team mates all that good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    This review from Variety is amazing.

I love the game so far and think it's a hell of a lot of fun, but honestly, that review is spot on. I pretty much just have to completely ignore the story and political implications of this game to really enjoy it.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

Yeah, from what I remember Division 1 at launch was basically hit the level cap and...do the dark zone? There was a single dark zone, no control points to capture, no bounties, no world tiers, no specializations to progress. Endgame might be a little thinner than is ideal, but it's definitely nowhere near as bare bones as Division 1.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Yeah, from what I remember Division 1 at launch was basically hit the level cap and...do the dark zone? There was a single dark zone, no control points to capture, no bounties, no world tiers, no specializations to progress. Endgame might be a little thinner than is ideal, but it's definitely nowhere near as bare bones as Division 1.

Or, the Erl-Method: endlessly grind through Hard-mode Missions solo.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Bizazedo wrote: »

"Hey, this guy seemed to advocate Anthem. Screw him in particular."

That would be hysterical / I'd feel so bad for you :(.

There are dozens of us! Dozens!

I love me some Division and I also love me some Anthem.

ObiFett on
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    I have seen two reviews now that reference political themes in the Division 2. I feel like these are being written by political bros who saw something popular come out that is set in DC and want the game to be political. They do not seem like normal game reviewers who noticed political themes in a game. The articles feel like hack jobs. I don't see any other games politics being picked apart like TD2 (bunch of Call of Duty games have tons of political commentary of fictional regimes and nobody bats an eyelash). Is it because the game is set in a real place? I don't see why these guys glommed on to TD2.