As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    At the very least don't get all whiny and shocked that after spouting wretched shit at a dude who could bend you into a pretzel and is 8 feet away from you doesn't take your crap.

Like oh did you suddenly realize that the person you're screaming at isn't behind some invisible forcefield?

Literally people being internet tough guys in real life and the realizing "Oh wait he can actually do stuff to us!"

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Honestly, I'm sure it's a shitty stereotype, but as soon as I saw the picture of the dude Westbrook was arguing with, I went full "I'm with Westbrook" on this. I assumed there was no way he wasn't being shitty, and likely racist.

And then the internet sleuths dug up his twitter, and all was confirmed.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Good news

That dude was banned from all Jazz games going forward

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Good news

So glad he got an interview to tell his side of the story

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I actually blame the NBA a bit for the whole thing. They've consistently let celebrities bad mouth players and refs right from court side like it was a big joke for years. Jack Nicholson, Drake and Spike Lee all set the stage that yelling at the players and behaving poorly is a part of the game. They need to start ejecting fans no matter what their stature and better overall behavior will follow.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The line of fans being able to talk shit to players should be drawn at the edge of the stands. Once you're court-side you shouldn't be allowed to antagonize the players in any way. Nothing good can come of it and we all saw a whole lot of bad can come from it.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Good news

So glad he got an interview to tell his side of the story

Best part is that after his interview people tracked down his twitter account, where I’m sure people will be totally shocked to find out he says lots of super racist shit.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    How hard is it to just not be an asshole.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit Luca Doncic

5 for 18 from the floor

1 for 7 from three

1 for 9 on free throws

9 turnovers

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    1-9 on fts when you lose by 7 is a bad look.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Or even like, 1-9 on any shot, ever, no matter the score.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    What the fuck was that

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    "You ain't got no bones, that's your problem."

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Knicks pause the tank for one day to finish the sweep of the Lakers

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    My brother in law and his kid was at the Warriors/Wolves game the other night.

They went back to the hotel and ordered a pizza. He went down to get the pizza and held the elevator door and in walks Kevin Durant.

He tells him that his son won't believe he was in the elevator with Durant and he's going to be so mad he didn't come down.

So Durant asks if he wants him to knock on the door and deliver the pizza.

Of course he says yes. There's a video of the whole thing.

Pretty cool.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I see that Harkless move and all I can think is, "Idiot".

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How could you be Moe Harkless?

• Options
    Catch that and other great hits on my album "Popular Songs About Garbage NBA Players." Also featuring: "We Got Thabeet"

• Options
    That video of Durant is on the ESPN FB page now.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

It looked like a great way to get a broken neck when a net unexpectedly gives way.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Nevermind

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

It looked like a great way to get a broken neck when a net unexpectedly gives way.

Adamantium nets

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I uh really hope the Cs can draw the sixers in the first round somehow

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
  • Options

For full internet points they should've asked him what kind of pizza he was delivering.

"Is it snake pizza?"

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I wouldn't want that, but I don't like my team going through the ringer so what do I know

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular

For full internet points they should've asked him what kind of pizza he was delivering.

"Is it snake pizza?"

That's just low hanging fruit.

It was ssssssicilian.

• Options

this post is amusing after the celtics took the L.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

not really. The second half really didn’t change my outlook. The celtics are pretty much the worst possible matchup for the sixers. chances they meet in the playoffs are pretty much nil though

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Quick! Get Adam Morrison on the phone!

• Options
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

not really. The second half really didn’t change my outlook. The celtics are pretty much the worst possible matchup for the sixers. chances they meet in the playoffs are pretty much nil though

toronto with kawhi playing is far worse.

simmons is a potato against leonard at this stage of his career.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    though if they play even half as bad as they did against atlanta and now this absolutely pathetic orlando game the sixers are losing the first round in 5.

only the sixers are bad enough to make shit ass michael carter williams look like a great player. didn't score a basket for 11 minutes 52 seconds in the 3rd into 4th quarter. beyond pathetic for a team fighting to keep the third seed.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Do not watch Nurkic's injury.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    My understanding is that it's worse than Kevin Ware's break.

• Options
    So sad about Nurk. Blazers are probably done for this year and next.

Collins really needs to step up.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Do not watch Nurkic's injury.

Well now I have to....

This discussion has been closed.