As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    My two biggest complaints are being unable to pet dogs (one just sat shivering with his tale between his legs, staring at me. Never ran. I assume it was glitched) and unable to harvest deer I shoot for food for control points, Oregon Trail style.

Like...c'mon, low hanging fruit.

any game that features dogs should include a 'pet dog' option

also, I've seen raccoons, foxes, dogs, birds, and deer...but no cats?

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »
    My two biggest complaints are being unable to pet dogs (one just sat shivering with his tale between his legs, staring at me. Never ran. I assume it was glitched) and unable to harvest deer I shoot for food for control points, Oregon Trail style.

I *really* hate to say it...but the reason of no cats can be found in the first 3 critters you listed.

Alternatively, maybe cats were even more susceptible to Green Poison than humans.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

The Game Director has clearly failed us all.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Well we could have violins or cats, we chose a new string section for the white house orchestra.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I *really* hate to say it...but the reason of no cats can be found in the first 3 critters you listed.

Alternatively, maybe cats were even more susceptible to Green Poison than humans.

There's a scary number of raccoons around during the day...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    If we ever get to visit the National Zoo, those pandas better be thriving... *shakes fist menacingly*

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    there should be more bugs

maybe i'm just missing them though.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    finnith wrote: »

There are like hundreds of huge god damn dragon flies everywhere.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

And they constantly fuck up my photo mode pictures! >.<

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

Cat.

[edit]
    Also there's a cat on the bench in the intro mission:
    fGQe2GP.jpg

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    So zet was going to eat that cat? Disgusting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »

Cat.

[edit]
    fGQe2GP.jpg

Ah, so they are in the game! Just not, like, everywhere.

• finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular

And they constantly fuck up my photo mode pictures! >.<

Nah I want like mosquitos bothering my PC while she's walkin around. I missed the Dragonfly thing though so I'm probably missing that as well.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The PCs do idle animations where they're swatting at/away insects, fwiw

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Also from what it appears in the game Ridgeway is just a shit leader. Like he's scary and authoritative, but the True Sons are not really that well organized.

To be fair he WAS a commander in the JTF after all. I think New York showed us how effective those guys were...

He is about as good at it as I would imagine.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    squall99x wrote: »
    Also from what it appears in the game Ridgeway is just a shit leader. Like he's scary and authoritative, but the True Sons are not really that well organized.

To be fair he WAS a commander in the JTF after all. I think New York showed us how effective those guys were...

I will say after I watched the video with Ridgeway in it, well I certainly didn't think he was a good person.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I will say after I watched the video with Ridgeway in it, well I certainly didn't think he was a good person.

The collectibles aren't that much better.
    But it's seriously dumb how their dealings with the Castle settlement amount to a protection racket.

I'm assuming the Castle gets restored post-game?

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Name taken from Matthew Ridgway, one of the great military commanders, but since his most notable service was in Korea, he's not well-known today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Ridgway

But it's seriously dumb how their dealings with the Castle settlement amount to a protection racket.

Are you asking about post level 30? Or like DLC because I can spoil some stuff about the castle settlement in that regard.

It does not get restored. At least not yet.

Also it becomes obvious why ridgeway wiped it out when you find out the castle settlement was started by a dude who left the True sons. So Ridgeway was just a petty fuck ass who killed a whole community because one guy broke away from his skin head group

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Seemed to a bit more than that in the audiologs. The Castle leader mentioned that he was done working with the True Sons, and the context made it sound like it was a partnership turned sour that devolved into a protection racket then open war.

I also kind of love how so many True Sons are portrayed as relunctantly evil but too afraid of Ridgeway to do anything but follow orders. It’s an alliance of the assholes and the spineless.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

The cats were behind the money plague all along, sheeple

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I enjoy how in some of the echoes the different factions refer to Div agents as Superman. I thought Batman would be more logical cause, ya know, wonderful toys...but what can you do.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    So people found another exotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAv7JiUBz1w

You have to farm hyena bosses to get it, so I guess I know what I'm doing...

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Zetx wrote: »

Cat.

[edit]
    fGQe2GP.jpg

Ah, so they are in the game! Just not, like, everywhere.

I thought I saw one hop down off a car and slink underneath it, but wasn’t sure at the time if it was a fox

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    This deer's head was stuck on an object on top of a roof so I went up and took a selfie with it.

D2EHZ8dUYAA990S.jpg:large

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    The Division 2: Tactical Nature Photography

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

Should be like the cats in Assassins Creed Origins. Where you crouch near them and Bayek automatically starts petting them, and they start rubbing their head against him.

Just stop near a dog and if there’s no enemies, you just automatically give them a scratch on the head.

-Loki- on
    *resists urge to unleash "deer in weird places" collection on the thread*

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I hope Ubi brings the Predator over from Ghost Recon. I think I could take him as a Division agent.

I hope Ubi brings the Predator over from Ghost Recon. I think I could take him as a Division agent.

They already have a version of him in hunters...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Is Pax Arcadia the right clan? I just requested an invite.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

If on PS4 or Xbox, yes. If on PC, no...the Clan to use is the overflow Clan "Woe Bundy"

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I fought my first Outcasts last night. I was busy fighting 3 purples and a gold elite at a public execution, which already felt a bit absurd for a random event, when I got sandwiched by two more groups. I was fighting them off well enough until a suicide bomber ran up and blew me up.

So I’ll target those first next time.

-Loki- on
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I fought my first Outcasts last night. I was busy fighting 3 purples and a gold elite at a public execution, which already felt a bit absurd for a random event, when I got sandwiched by two more groups. I was fighting them off well enough until a suicide bomber ran up and blew me up.

So I’ll target those first next time.

I get a very Borderlands vibe from the suicide bombers, that's for sure. Also, I both hate them and love them. I hate that they'll pretty much one-shot you if you didn't notice one running up behind you. I love that they explode in the most satisfyingly comic chunky fireball this side of Tron.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

If on PS4 or Xbox, yes. If on PC, no...the Clan to use is the overflow Clan "Woe Bundy"

Yeah I'm on PS4

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Speaking of Hyenas. . .I think I've realized what I hate about the high level mobs. That faction is full of enemies that do not care about cover and will swarm you, which is fine, but when you're dealing with the mobs that two-shot kill you after they dope up, or the "low level" bangers with the guns sideways that just spray you - that isn't fun to die to because all you can really do is run when you're up against a ton of the. . .which also means you cede your position.

Now this is of course exacerabated by the fact that I was running a PUG that literally REFUSED to kit themselves out properly for these fights (no CC, healing on massive cooldowns, likely no mods whatsoever).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    I also got a sawn off shotgun last night. This has become my new pistol. 4 shots to down a gold? Yes. Yes please. I was actually using my pistol slot weapon for once.

Welcome to Club-Sawed, Loki.

*logs in, walks out of the southern white house exit, sees orange glow in the distance*

Oh hey, free kills! *pew pew*

*a wild named elite with friends approaches, and you have no cover!*

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    aqlt4Qc.jpg

Really like the look of Div1's Striker fashion-set. Hope something like it shows up in Div2. Kinda wish there were more backward baseball hat options then just the one from the GRW set though.