As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

I really want to watch the one about Shaxx.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’m kind of surprised Black Armory and Drifter don’t offer 3-perk armor like Dreaming City rewards. Most of those items have as much of not more time investment than anything you can get in DC. Especially Drifter, which gates your ability to get powerful Gambit armor via the three levels of Reckoning.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Honestly would love to listen to the Shaxx writing panel, wonder if it would cover Drfiter and Saladin too

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Wow, I'm running a strike with Cayde-6 himself! I can't wait to see-

WZ2M6yL.jpg

Oh. Right. Bummer.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Last night was one of those demoralising ones, compared to the string of good nights I had over the weekend. Both gambit prime and competitive crucible threw me up against the sweatiest teams imaginable.

I love getting murdered by a stack of recluse wielders while trying to climb to fabled. I equally love fighting stacks of clans with gambit auras and 21% delirium when my team of special randos will steal motes in front of me when I’m 19/20 with my collector aura on.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Apropos of nothing, I found myself killing time and had a couple of these pop into my head. With that in mind, I did my best to come up with a full list. I give you, Destiny storylines/expansions/seasons as mutated movie titles:

Destiny 1
    A Series of Events That I Don't Have Time to Explain

The Dark Below
    I Spit on Your World's Grave

House of Wolves
    Don't be a Menace to The Reef While Drinking Your Vex Milk in The Vault

The Taken King
    Look Who's Taking Too

Rise of Iron
    How SIVA Got Her Groove Back

Destiny 2
    Dude, Where's My Light?

Curse of Osiris
    The 4000 Year Old Virgin

Warmind
    Tremors: (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Javelin)

Forsaken
    The Assassination of Cayde-6 by the Coward Uldren Sov

Black Armory
    Last City Slickers II: The Legend of Ada's Grind

Jokers Wild
    Cool Hand Dredgen

Anybody have a better alternative to any of these?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Tonight I tried to solo charge up the tokens for the Wish Ender quest. I got the first one down easy but I didn't realize that you only get one try on the second and fucked it up. So since there was no reason to keep going I left to go do the Heroic Adventure on Mars (something I was originally going to skip in favor of getting Wish Ender), lucked into an Escalation Protocol, and got the SMG from it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Anybody have a better alternative to any of these?
    Destiny 1
    Insert Joe Staten Rolling His Eyes Here

The Dark Below
    Lagswitching Crota is Canon

House of Wolves
    Space Elves on Junk Island(™)

The Taken King
    My Dad is Gonna Be So Mad When He Gets Home

Rise of Iron
    None of This Is Gonna Matter Later

Destiny 2
    Angery Turtle Grandpas: Tactics: Advance

Curse of Osiris
    My First Retcon aka The Darkest Timeline

Warmind
    Old Awoken Yells at (the) Cloud

Forsaken
    Nolan North by Northwest

Black Armory
    10 Things Ada Hates About You

Jokers Wild
    Local Homeless Man Won't Leave

Local H Jay on
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Hotfix 2.2.0.2 patch notes:
    Director Challenge Rewards
    -Players should now have higher-Powered rewards, through 690 Power, from daily and weekly Director challenges; once reaching 690 Power, these rewards will continue to give minor Power increases (usually +1 Power compared to a player's average Power)

Quests and Bounties
    -Fixed an issue where players were unable to access the Allegiance quest if their Pursuits inventory was full
    -Decreased requirements to complete the weekly Collector bounty for Gambit Prime; this bounty should now align with requirements for other weekly bounties

Reckoning
    -Removed the Glass Modifier from Daily Reckoning Modifier rotation; this has been replaced with the Prism Modifier

Triumphs
    -Fixed an issue where the Dark Age Arsenal Triumph was not properly unlocking when players won Gambit matches with a full set of Gambit gear equipped
    -Fixed an issue where Glory Win Streak Triumphs from previous seasons were updating on wins in Season of the Drifter

Sandbox
    Fixed an issue where players could cancel Blade Barrage Supers, propelling them to unintended playspaces

Misc
    Players may now exchange stacks of five Gambit Synths at the Drifter for 100 Glimmer

tl;dr
    The good news: Soft cap increased to 690! Tier III Reckoning here I come!
    The bad news: I thought they were buffing Dreaming City cosmetics in this update, but that's coming in 2.2.1, which is "in a few weeks."

awsimo on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Too bad they didnt just remove the Glass modifier from the game instead of only in Reckoning.

Sirialis on
    *moments before disaster*
    GLORY RANK

Oh cool, I just need to win 1 in 3 comp matches this week to hit Fabled! What could possibly go wrong?

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Hot damn, I'm languishing at like 300 Glory. I need to get on top of that.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    GLORY RANK

Oh cool, I just need to win 1 in 3 comp matches this week to hit Fabled! What could possibly go wrong?

Gah @Peen was right, the weekly bonus for Comp is 120 points when you are at Heroic.

Which foolishly means had we not played our last match on Saturday night (which we lost), I would be at 2102 as of this reset. Whoops!

Welp, I can only blame myself for saying we should play just one more but I guess it means just like you, I only need to win one of three this week, unless my math is off.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Somehow my Glory is going up faster than my Valor

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I kinda still wish they would say fuck it and do a double glory weekend

Like I know they already doubled the Glory but ... C'mon Bungie

Arteen wrote: »
    GLORY RANK

Nothing went wrong! I won my first match!

yIqzUGJ.png

Now I just need to spend the rest of the season making my teammates hate me as I grind out the various competitive quests.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Apropos of nothing, I found myself killing time and had a couple of these pop into my head. With that in mind, I did my best to come up with a full list. I give you, Destiny storylines/expansions/seasons as mutated movie titles:

*snip*

Fuck, these are fun. :+1:

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    Finally.
    Fucking finally, after at least 2 runs a week since November, and 1 run a week since Forsaken launch, I got me a Dreaming City Ghost from Ascendant Challenges.

h204ramt3cj5.jpg

That was about the only Seal I thought I'd get besides the Lore one, so it's finally done. Maybe I'll go for Reckoner now or some such.
    Phew.

While grinding glory, some guy on my team with a Not Forgotten and a "verified" checkmark on their Xbox profile sent me hate mail for sucking and losing the match.

Bro, we ain't even in the same league.

I'm sure this loss at ~900 glory must be devastating. You'll never get your Recluse now! :rotate:

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    30+ Riven clears and still no Sampson's Last Wish

bungo pls

I've been cleaning up in the Crucible with Child tho

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I didn't see it brought up here (and a search of the subforum for "thorn" didn't show it), so just to save anyone else the pain:

If you're doing the modified strike for the last part of the Thorn quest, make sure you kill the 2 Knights before you kill the boss. If you don't kill them, the quest doesn't complete.

I, uh... wish I had known that.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I saw a reddit post about someone already having the Reckoner title complete.

And, uh, that's a whole lot of Destiny in a very short timespan.

Sigh. Started after reset about 1420 glory. Up and down playing for 4.5 hours, went as high as 1550, settled on 1366.

Lost the last four matches, and according to Destiny tracker we didn’t have a chance in hell. One match I remember getting drubbed in, enemy team was favoured 80% to win.

Bungie why. -.- I cannot wait to hit fabled so I can ditch this trash dumpster fire of a playlist

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I saw a reddit post about someone already having the Reckoner title complete.

And, uh, that's a whole lot of Destiny in a very short timespan.

The only way I can fathom playing that much Destiny in that period of time is if it’s their job. Which it may very well be. But otherwise, unless you are a child who has completely neglected school and sleep, I don’t know how that happens.

I’d be curious to know how much raw time it took them by hours to figure out how many hours per day they played.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    I played four games of gambit prime last night and there was never any premade group larger than a two stack on either side

Wtf Bungie why didn’t you just do this from the start why can’t you ever just take the easy win

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    also i hate shooting at an invader with the improved overshield

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    I played four games of gambit prime last night and there was never any premade group larger than a two stack on either side

Wtf Bungie why didn’t you just do this from the start why can’t you ever just take the easy win

Playing in a 4-stack in Gambit and getting matched up against 4 solos is now quite scary. We lost both times that happened to us last night

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    also am I missing something or are the reaper and sentry perks way worse than the collector and invader perks

To be fair to Collector, their weekly bounty is some serious bullshit.

The first three Reaper perks are great, especially HVT Marking and the Special Ammo Dropper.

I think they changed it yesterday to lower the requirements.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

I think they changed it yesterday to lower the requirements.

Yeah, that's what the patch notes say.

Well hot damn maybe I will get me a Tier 3 helmet then.

Well hot damn maybe I will get me a Tier 3 helmet then.

Oh fuck me, that is how you get helmets... I forgot and ran so many unfruitful T3s last week. I want my money back.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Collector Prime Weekly is still garbage. I'm not sure it's realistically completable in under 4 matches (with 5 more likely), as 40 motes in 15/15/10 increments grants 20% of the Prime requirement. Whereas Reaper is doable in a single match.

4 matches is better than the like 15-20 it was before, so I suppose I suffer from stockholm syndrome.

Matchmaking is brokeeeen, matchmaking is brokeeeeen

Up to 1650 and back down again because Bungie. Why yes, my team of heroic ranks are a suitable match for 4000+ glory Cosmic clan sweaties

7 of my last 8 comp matches were Countdown. What did I do to deserve this?

Also, trying to get hand cannon kills for Luna's Howl when everyone else already has Luna's Howl is an infuriating experience.

Seriously. I’ve been 3 wins away from fabled. Now I’m 6 wins away. I’m getting so tilted.