As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I really need to export my shit to a spreadsheet so I can figure out exactly what to get rid of

Also: In addition to weapons and armor, Rosetta stones can be turned into shards.

Javen on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I just sort by attack magic mind turn on synergy simulator and go down the realms. Have 4-5 weapon for each realm. Most realms are taken care of by AOSB weapons with full augments

Don’t use Rosetta stones to shards, put them on items first for the chance of major augment.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Does 1 Magia point invested into a crystal translate to 1 of that stat? IE 1 point invested into Might gives 1 attack? How does that work with elemental attack/resist?

ATK/MAG/MND/DEF/RES are 1 magia point -> 1 stat point
    HP is 1 magia point -> 5 hit points
    Element boost/resist is 10 magia points -> 1% change

Important notes about element boost/resist:
    - resists do not stack with resists from armor or accessories
    - this means that one point of water resist will remove the weakness added by Gigas Armlet (!)
    - but otherwise, element resist is kinda shit unless you're having trouble with an enemy that deals multiple types of damage (4* Tiamat)
    - element attack boost stacks additively with many other common element boosts: weapon, armor, en-element, chain "field" bonus, and the temporary element boost effects provided by certain magicite actives or SBs (Sora/Bartz awakenings, for instance)
    - this means that element attack boost does help you some, but it's surprisingly small relative to the amount of magia points you have to devote. 100 points of fire boost might end up being only an effect +4% damage increase if you're loaded on the other factors (weapon, armor, gen2 chain, fire aura).

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I just sort by attack magic mind turn on synergy simulator and go down the realms. Have 4-5 weapon for each realm. Most realms are taken care of by AOSB weapons with full augments

Don’t use Rosetta stones to shards, put them on items first for the chance of major augment.

Yeah, this is basically what I did, just went through and made sure all +elem and weapons with main stat >215 under synergy were locked, and then rainbowed everything unlocked.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Oh god what the heck everything's different.

FF6 ... TRIPLE!

Longinus: Edgar BSB. Poison/Fire/Lightning
    Scissor Fangs, Sabin OSB. Fire
    Jokers Wild, Setzer USB. Um, wow. Ranged Physical x10 with Full Break built in; Gambling Break followup to all support abilities.

Daily Dungeons reset, and there's now Orb++, which drops random crystals. Oooo.

Edit: WTF Orb++ Is *ONLY*Crystals.

yp4r5i49ou45.png

Or I got lucky when I got 3 Pots in a row.

KiTA on
    Pots are way up for the event. I don't think I've had a single battle without 1/3 being a pot, and numerous with 2/3 being a pot.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

There’s also +element gear to consider, though. And different weapon types

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FYI: 12 rainbow shards gets an artifact to 33/50. It takes another 48 (60 total) to get the rest of the way to 50/50.

For whatever realm artifacts you take it's probably more relevant to get them to 50 than elemental ones, because of how the realm artifacts scale under synergy.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So I’ve determined that the Dark Chain I’ve got (Seymour) is definitely the worst one to have for Lakshmi. He’s the only one of the four to not have access to Dispel in some form (Garland, Golbez and Seifer can use Banishing Strike). If he could Dispel, then Elarra wouldn’t have to be the one to deal with removing Lakshmi’s haste and Regen following Savage Alluring Embrace. Which would be really handy, as she follows that with Savage Poltergeist. Compared to that, Seifer being able to reduce her defense with Odin is kinda small potatoes.

You wouldn’t think that Elarra and a pair of Arcane-havers would be having trouble here, but there it is.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Lakshmi down! Riku and sephiroth made short work of her. Fastest time right now is 30.90 but I think I can get it below 30.

Edge ssb is again a great tool, helps you dodge her worst attack and gets me haste to go along with the 2.0 chain.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    So, I only have 1 dupe on the dark banner, should I swing once for the chain, or just save up and go for ~4 pulls on the chain 4A banner?

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So, I only have 1 dupe on the dark banner, should I swing once for the chain, or just save up and go for ~4 pulls on the chain 4A banner?

If you want Dark stuff, consider the Dissidia villains banner coming up soon instead. Sephiroth Awakening.

Brody wrote: »

If you want Dark stuff, consider the Dissidia villains banner coming up soon instead. Sephiroth Awakening.

I guess I'm answering my own question by saying its more about the chain than the dark.

Also, jesus christ isgebind, please drop something besides Krysta already.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The coming banner also has a chain! Globes chain!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Post Rainbow Shard 100 gems:

FFV-1: Rainbow Shard!
    FFV-2: Rainbow Shard!
    Dark pick-up: Rainbow Shard!

Off to a great start; alternatively, working as intended.

Data for posterity:
    8->9->10->11 misses in a row

40/375->6->7->8 lifetime

2/25->6->7->8 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is -9 under EV, which is catastrophically bad, but it's just a game!)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!), Curilla USB (dupe).

edited March 2019
    The coming banner also has a chain! Globes chain!

Hm.

Well, that's tempting.

Having Theodor's chain would improve my Lakshmi efforts (stronger chain effect to buff damage, on someone who can carry Banishing Strike to free up Elarra to use Shellga. It would also let me summon Raider).

Oh, and I guess Sephiroth's Awakening could be useful.

Enlong on
    Boy is it ever frustrating to see your characters slap the shit out of a boss with overstrike-class damage, only to see Holy Rage activate as a result of you doing that.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Gilgamesh LMR/3

Dualcast samurai. Sure!

Oh, and dupe Galuf BSB...2? The one that does Imperil Fire.

Hm, now that Torments have the Medica RW as an option, maybe I can try re-doing the FFV one as a Fire team. I have Gilgamesh's Chain, Bartz, Galuf's Imperil BSB, and Faris's Fire Burst (or Krile's stuff). It could work.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Krile USB here. Noice!

edited March 2019
    Fffffuck yeah! Day-1 Lakshmi kill!

It may look like an impressive time, but Lakshmi doesn't really let you go much longer unless you're slinging around Astra like crazy.

Team was Sephiroth (USB2, AOSB, OSB), Seymour (Chain), Onion (Ninja Ultra), Elarra (USB1), and Riku (USB, AOSB). RW Guardian, and Main Magicite was Unicorn, who I summoned after the first Poltergeist to dodge Entice and Lullaby.

The biggest hurdle was timing the AOSBs so that they could land like proper hammers instead of being blunted by Holy Rage. Which is super annoying because Holy Rage pops based on her HP, not her turns. Mistiming Sephy's AOSB could mean the difference between skipping Entice or not. Towards the end, I had Sephiroth use his OSB so that her defenses could properly be opened up for Riku to land his AOSB for good damage. I am so glad I chose Elarra on that USB selection. Doing this with Relm would've been a serious nail-biter.

Doing this with the Wrong chain (compared to the other 3 Dark chains) was an experience. I'm gonna save this team and come back for the other copies... later. Maybe after I have some Dark Magia on Riku and Sephiroth. Sephiroth can literally always use more power, with the way his USB works.

Enlong on
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Krile enfire LMR. She's my fire chain for Manticore, so this is extra damage (though not a ton).

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    V: 1/3, no disco. Krile Glint! I have her en-fire LMR and she's my magical fire chain holder, so that's definitely useful for keeping the damage going with less meter required.

edited March 2019
    I'm gonna need to rework my Orb dungeon team.

Obviously it's gonna have no fewer than 2 people who can instantly kill a whole wave on autopilot, but I'm also gonna want to start putting other people in to grind Magia.

Enlong on
  • VargVarg Registered User regular
    Kelger LMR/3 - Not what I really want but at least not a dupe.

Varg wrote: »
    Kelger LMR/3 - Not what I really want but at least not a dupe.

And it’s +Earth Armor.

Bartz bsb1, ugh. I really spent my luck on ffxiii. I can still live with 85 mithril for an ice chain and a bunch of junk though.

I must have mulched 120 5* weapons yesterday. Still have armor and 6* to look at. This is a bigger project than I thought.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I've got a ridiculous amount of accessories to go through still, I've kept every 5* I've ever gotten but now it's just beautiful, time consuming rainbow fodder.

edited March 2019
    So which is easier, Mateus or Manticore? I just got my last Belias so I'm looking to keep going.

Fire is:
    Locke Chain BSB USB1
    Vincent BSB SSB LMR
    Terra AOSB BSB2
    Maria USB
    OK BSB
    Potato BSB SSB
    Braska USB
    Rubicante BSB
    ACE BSB

Bartz USB1 BSB fire OSB
    Galuf Imperil Fire
    Mustadio USB
    Edgar USB
    Yda Ultra

Elarra USB BSB
    Penelo BSB USB
    Aeris USB2
    Relm USB BSB

Alph SSB? Vincent has Radiant shield too.

Any ideas?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So which is easier, Mateus or Manticore? I just got my last Belias so I'm looking to keep going.

Fire is:
    Locke Chain BSB USB1
    Vincent BSB SSB
    Terra AOSB BSB2
    Maria USB
    OK BSB
    Potato BSB SSB
    Braska USB
    ACE BSB

Bartz USB1 BSB fire OSB
    Galuf Imperil Fire
    Mustadio USB
    Edgar USB

Elarra USB BSB
    Penelo BSB USB
    Aeris USB2
    Relm USB BSB

Any ideas?

In a void Mateus is harder because of how tanky it is, but your Fire Chain is physical and you have decent PHY Fire, so you might be able to do it. You have to stack Imperil Fire to counter its NulFire, plus to allow Belias to break Savage mode.

You could probably do Manticore as well with that suite of characters.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Mateus is pretty straightforward other than the NulFire bullshit, but you've got Mustadio so you'll be fine. Manticore dispels haste multiple times which is quite aggravating. For both of them, it is super important to remove their self buff by applying a matching break(down). I have no problem finding time for Elarra to dance off Mateus' buff, and Locke might as well get rid of Manticore's since his offense will be kinda weak.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man Record Dungeons are pretty fun. I've been hacking away at them these past few days and I love just the weirdness of here's Ramza with a BSB, Delite with an SSB and the core guys just running around. I'm actually kinda tempted to pull on the upcoming Core Banner just to use Biggs and Wedge. Too bad Biggs is Earth Based and I'm already done with those magicites.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Man Record Dungeons are pretty fun. I've been hacking away at them these past few days and I love just the weirdness of here's Ramza with a BSB, Delite with an SSB and the core guys just running around. I'm actually kinda tempted to pull on the upcoming Core Banner just to use Biggs and Wedge. Too bad Biggs is Earth Based and I'm already done with those magicites.

It's not a bad idea to draw on the Core banner because if you draw twice you can draw a third time for free.

And the top prizes are quite nice. Dr Mog can do a lot with his USB.

edited March 2019
    Poked at Madeen a bit last night.

I think I've got a team that can beat it, just need to get the pattern down.

Gen2 chains are strong, yo. I've basically got three people chucking 4-hit 9999s, through rage mode. In some cases through shell.

e: I DO have Raines' OSB, too - need to figure if it's more worth entrusting to him to break savage mode or to Golbez so he can have Chain and USB active at the same time.

Jragghen on
    Jragghen wrote: »

Gen2 chains are strong, yo. I've basically got three people chucking 4-hit 9999s, through rage mode. In some cases through shell.

What kinda team are you fielding? I've only tried Lakshmi so far, but want to get some tries in soon to see if Riku and seifer can do this one too somehow.

Ugh it doesn't feel worth bringing Elarra to manticore. Every other move is sap. Maybe Penelo to dodge a sap or Rosa to dodge a slow?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Maytag wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

What kinda team are you fielding? I've only tried Lakshmi so far, but want to get some tries in soon to see if Riku and seifer can do this one too somehow.

Elarra - speed-up bard; shellga; USB; DMT; LM1, LMR
    Raines - dispel; dire heal; BSB (got OSB but right now I'm kinda ignoring it?); +weakness I think it is, LM1, LM2
    Nabaat - wrath; Dark zone; USB; +mag on whip I think? LM1, LM2
    Golbez - Dark Zone; Memento Mori for now but it's kinda pointless; CSB, USB; +dark, no LD right now
    OK - entrust; wrath; mUSB; MM; LMR

I'm still shifting stuff around some. I can consistently get to where there's the hard hit on Elarra/OK followed by stop, and she doesn't have enough meter to heal herself again, so I need to get my entrust pattern to handle that. I completely bypass the dispel at the start (tried a different team makeup which would allow Elarra to bring curada, but wasn't quite quick enough there). Golbez and Nabaat end up doing 9999 on Dark Zone once they've got enDark and the imperils going, and Raines is getting there by the end of the first chain just with burst CMD1, and that's through rage mode.

This is my only gen2 chain - that field bonus is no joke.

I was actually just taking this team and slapping a chain in place of Vayne:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/b3lr01/5_madeen_mastery_no_chainsaosbsaasbs/

I lack his USB (although I do have his OSB and LMR), and I also lack Nabaat's burst, so I was hoping the chain would make everyone more effective and not have hones be an issue. I DO have both Dark Zones at R5 though *pours one out for his Dark Orbs*

This discussion has been closed.