As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    We all saw that weird cut in the middle of the fight, right? Above ground and then below the arena. And that white glow thing just before?

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    We all saw that weird cut in the middle of the fight, right? Above ground and then below the arena. And that white glow thing just before?

Yeah it seems like there's some interactivity at work that lets you change the stage completely. I wonder if that's actually how it's going to appear in the final product or if there's some level transition planned that isn't there yet or didn't trigger for some reason.

• DeansDeans Registered User regular

Yeah it seems like there's some interactivity at work that lets you change the stage completely. I wonder if that's actually how it's going to appear in the final product or if there's some level transition planned that isn't there yet or didn't trigger for some reason.

Nah looks like the white glow was just a time rift thing that happens in that stage. That elbow crushing blow doesn't lead into that glowy uppercut, the footage just cut from that attack to a different attack in a different stage.

Deans wrote: »

Nah looks like the white glow was just a time rift thing that happens in that stage. That elbow crushing blow doesn't lead into that glowy uppercut, the footage just cut from that attack to a different attack in a different stage.

Was wondering if it could be a time rift thing. Personally I think the stages look cool enough as-is. A few unstable areas switching around would be great, I hope they don’t overuse the idea as a gameplay element.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Now that I’ve had the chance to actually watch the video

I really love these new forcefield grenade things Jacqui has

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Is it me or was that a Jacqui Briggs reveal, rather than a Kotal Khan reveal? They showed her fatal blow and fatality.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So here’s a video with Kotal’s Fatal Blow and one of his Fatalities

https://youtu.be/YHB1CyAMg6c

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Those were great.

-Loki- on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I love the arena level, sometimes I feel like half my love for mortal kombat is the stages so I love how great the ones we've seen so far are.

Also that jacquie fatality was wonderful, if you up the YouTube resolution you can see the half the heart beating, looks incredible.

On an unrelated point I really love shao khans design. I've never really liked his design in previous mk games, in the older games especially he just looked like a big doofy he-man kind of character, I never felt like he was something all these other badass characters should be scared of. But his new design makes him so much more menacing. It's not like it's a redesign either, it's more that it's just finally with more detail now the look is better, more fleshed out and clear. I especially love his like claws and beastial edges to his face, and his like understated but intense eyes. It's made me really look forward to him being included.

It's cool when a character I've always just kind of treated as a throwaway actually gets some substance behind them and becomes interesting, even if only visually.

Prohass on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I, also, think this is the first good Shao Kahn design.

I just wish they hadn't given him bunny ears.

I was always pretty into the original Shao Kahn design. MK2 convinced me to buy into him pretty quick (the intro? him standing atop of the tournament ladder? running the show from an arena of thousands?) so even though he IS the Samurai Skeletor who workshopped under Darth Vader for a summer, I’ll always have a special place in my heart for him and what he represents in MK.

That said, the original design ah...an agrument can be made that it lacks a certain...visual fidelity. He was due a redesign that plays to the strengths modern hi-poly rendering. There’s also the very strong likelihood that you’re not just getting Shao Kahn, but an additional customizable fighter with his own array of helmet, gauntlet and hammer choices to mess around with. There’s gotta be some classic gear also available for him.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    On an unrelated point I really love shao khans design. I've never really liked his design in previous mk games, in the older games especially he just looked like a big doofy he-man kind of character, I never felt like he was something all these other badass characters should be scared of.

Honestly, this is part of what made him work for me back in the original series

This dude is going to show up in nothing but his underwear wearing somebody else's skull for a hat, and he's going to beat the shit out of you with a hammer while straight up laughing at you during the fight

That demands respect!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I wonder if they will ever do another MK vs DC?
    Burnage wrote: »
    On an unrelated point I really love shao khans design. I've never really liked his design in previous mk games, in the older games especially he just looked like a big doofy he-man kind of character, I never felt like he was something all these other badass characters should be scared of.

This dude is going to show up in nothing but his underwear wearing somebody else's skull for a hat, and he's going to beat the shit out of you with a hammer while straight up laughing at you during the fight

That demands respect!

It's too bad Shao Kahn was ridiculously easy to cheese in MK2. Kintaro was the real boss of MK2, unfortunately his design turned into a 4 armed Cats reject over the years. He looked nothing like that in MK2.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Jade and Kabal will be playable in the beta (along with the stress test characters - Scorpion, Baraka, Skarlet)

Bow howdy autocorrect and MK are not compatible

Ceno on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

That demands respect!

It's too bad Shao Kahn was ridiculously easy to cheese in MK2. Kintaro was the real boss of MK2, unfortunately his design turned into a 4 armed Cats reject over the years. He looked nothing like that in MK2.

Wasn't it much the same way in MK1 though? Goro was the toughest bastard in the game, once you got to Shang it was "Hey, do you remember how to cheese every fighter in the game?".
    Granted, I rarely made it to Goro, let alone past him, so I could be wrong on that count.

That demands respect!

I swore Kintaro was just another dude like Goro, but wearing war paint and gladiator armor.

Nothing else will ever make sense to me.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

That demands respect!

Wasn't it much the same way in MK1 though? Goro was the toughest bastard in the game, once you got to Shang it was "Hey, do you remember how to cheese every fighter in the game?".
    Granted, I rarely made it to Goro, let alone past him, so I could be wrong on that count.

Actually I thought Goro was really easy to cheese in MK1. Put yourself in the corner and do jump kicks, he will just walk into them until he dies. Could never figure out an easy kill on Kintaro, though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Jacqui trailer, featuring Kotal Khan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3FqG2Cfpk4

Hm, and here I thought they might be dialing back on the bone-breaking being so in-your-face just enough, and then this comes along. Oh well.

Now that they have Injustice to work off of, I think another is overdue.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    I suppose a new MK/IJ crossover game could be a fun way to spice things up in like 2022 or something.

The Chicago stream is starting momentarily.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I suspect today we get erron black and shao khan gameplay

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm in the panel now.

The videos are aggressively loud

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited March 2019
    Noob Saibot was accidentally/"accidentally" revealed ahead of time while they were talking about how they design Fatalities.

iTaZ86T.png

reVerse on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Fuck yes

I'm trying to think of who they could announce for DLC that I would actually give a damn about. Coming up blank, here.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    And they just got to the reveal on stream. Unfortunately the stream kind of started to shit itself when it got that far for me. So I'll just watch a video later. I do find his voice kind of hilarious.

Edit: https://youtu.be/IbNqiV-Y1Lk

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    hoo lawd that noob saibot fatality

Shang Tsung (played by movie actor) is first DLC character and guide through the Krypt.

They really like that splitting body in half animation don't they? Showing up in a lot of fatalities.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung officially confirmed.

Also, a DLC character.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm trying to think of who they could announce for DLC that I would actually give a damn about. Coming up blank, here.

Its
    Shang Tsung

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited March 2019
    Shang Tsung is DLC? The roster leak had him as an unlockable.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Well the roster leak had 2 unlockable characters, one was Shang Tsung and the other was
    Mileena

So now I'm guessing they are both DLC? Which seems kinda fucky, especially that 2nd fighter.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Boon confirms no loot boxes in MK11.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Shang Tsung is DLC? The roster leak had him as an unlockable.

yeah, unlockable through a financial transaction

liEt3nH.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Fucking hell!

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ooooo cyber initiative stage looks so awesome

Also I love his dr claw voice

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Fucking hell!

It's like someone at the studio just said, "Hey does anyone remember the end of The Matrix where Neo exploded out of Agent Smith?

steam_sig.png
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular

Ah! I was trying to place what his voice sounds like. That was it.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf

Inspector Gadget DLC konfirmed.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg