As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ketchup

Room temp or Cold?

Food elitists who do not like ketchup need not apply

Tallahasseeriel on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Eat the mayo, Zonugal

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Y'all trying to talk me into that poison mayo.

It won't work.

IT WON'T WORK.

I'm not saying you should EAT it, I'm just saying your housemate likely won't die.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    EAT THE MAYONNAISE

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Y'all trying to talk me into that poison mayo.

It won't work.

IT WON'T WORK.

do it you coward

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The Pod made that mayonnaise for you, Zonugal. Eat the mayonnaise.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Ketchup

Room temp or Cold?

I prefer room temp if it's on something like fries. The only time I really prefer cold ketchup is on a homemade burger on griddle toast, but that's mostly nostalgia talking.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Several years ago, I worked for UPS in one of their international sections.
    Other countries, it should come as no surprise, do not give a fuck about American Thanksgiving. So all departments needed to have skeleton crews working on Thanksgiving Day. To celebrate and commiserate, they had a Thanksgiving potluck the day before.
    Someone (I don't know who, it was another department and we weren't invited) brought in potato salad. Made with mayonnaise. And left out all day.
    Of the . . . I think it was 8 people scheduled to work Thanksgiving Day, 1 person did not call in sick.

Do not fuck with room temperature mayonnaise.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Ketchup

Room temp or Cold?

I prefer room temp if it's on something like fries. The only time I really prefer cold ketchup is on a homemade burger on griddle toast, but that's mostly nostalgia talking.

On a burger is probably the only place I notably prefer room temp ketchup.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    chromdom wrote: »
    Other countries, it should come as no surprise, do not give a fuck about American Thanksgiving. So all departments needed to have skeleton crews working on Thanksgiving Day. To celebrate and commiserate, they had a Thanksgiving potluck the day before.
    Someone (I don't know who, it was another department and we weren't invited) brought in potato salad. Made with mayonnaise. And left out all day.
    Of the . . . I think it was 8 people scheduled to work Thanksgiving Day, 1 person did not call in sick.

These are lies to get you to not eat the delicious counter mayo

eat the mayo, Jimmy

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Condiments should be at room temperature for hot food, and no colder!

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    The ketchup says refrigerate after opening right on the label.

Put it in the fridge, you fools.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah ketchup will ferment if you leave it out

that's actually one way to tell a shitty restaurant

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

No, don't put it in the fridge. Put it in the trash, where it belongs.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    ketchup is good, actually

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

Times like this you remember that mayo is basically blended eggs.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Listen, a ship is safe in harbor.

But that's not what ships are for.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    E̵̟͈͖̫̖̥a̶̱̺t̖͕̜̙ ̢̝͎t̗̯h̴͍̣e͍̦͕̟̙̘̤ ̖͈̞̼̫ṃ̩a̲͖̺̞̫̪͠y̴o̩̮,̧ ̤͚͟Z̲̣͉͇͖o̼n̳͍̳̻͕̣̞͝u̸g̹̮͖̠͠a̬̬̳͓̻l̩̪̤̬̟̺.̟̲̜̹́ ̺̰̜͈̤̝̺͠ ̶̤Ȩ̼̫at̨̜̠̟̣̳̞̞ ͕̼̜̫i͙̣͚̥̲ͅt̶͖̪̫ ͓͈̺̥̻̙̼u̬͉͙n̗͔̞t̳̫̪̗͉̭͡i͉͎͈̬l̼̦͚̞͖̩ ̷̖͉͇̞͔̯̳a͖̞̘͉̥̹l҉l̲̮̲̠̼̭͡ ͚̥̭͙͚͟i̜͞s̹̣̯̻̣̩͉ ̨̯f̪͉̭͉̠̻i̵n̨̻̬̮i͇̗͍͕̞̝͟s̳̯̫̟̜̻h҉̠e̢͕̣̰d̵̥̺̣͔.͝

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

No, don't put it in the fridge. Put it in the trash, where it belongs.

PuT iT iN tHe TrAsH WhErE iT bElOnGs
    1pq988.jpg

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Condiments should be at room temperature for hot food, and no colder!

Hot/Cold is basically the same concept as Sweet/Salty

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I really love cold ketchup on hot burgs, hotdogs, or fries. Cold syrup on waffles. Warm grilled chicken on a bed of cool salad. Vanilla ice cream on warm apple pie.

Hot and cold things are very good!

What.

The fuck.

Hot pies/cookies/brownies a la mode and fries dipped in a milkshake are the most pure form of joy

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This thread forces me to invent a new cocktail

1oz room temp mayo
    Stirred into
    12oz cold PBR

Call it a “Zonnie”

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    What.

The fuck.

Come at me bro

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    knitdan is...a war criminal? A thought criminal? An affront to god and man?

I'm honestly not sure what the proper term would be in response to that post. But maybe if I think about the terminology long enough I'll forget that..."recipe."

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    DRINK THE ZONNIE

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Cold syrup?

knitdan wrote: »
    This thread forces me to invent a new cocktail

1oz room temp mayo
    Stirred into
    12oz cold PBR

Call it a “Zonnie”

I call it "a war crime"

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'll definitely go for hot baked desserts a la mode, and I'm not picky about ketchup temperature but I don't think ketchup being cold adds anything to the experience. Prefer warm or room temperature syrup though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    I want a cinnabon

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    I heard that it only says to keep it in the fridge on the tomato sauce/ketchup bottles because if it’s in the fridge you see it more often and are this more likely to use it more often and buy more. I don’t know if it’s true or not though.

I don’t refrigerate my tomato sauce and have never had a problem.

There is no Cinnabon in town and I am inconsolable

edited March 2019
    What.

The fuck.

Come at me bro

That was for the weird robot commercial, everything you said is good and just and you will be rewarded in the next life.

I assure you this is for the best.

sarukun on
  • kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular

I have to drive almost 30 minutes and cross state lines to find a Cinnabon. Luckily, I have no desire to do so.

I also have to drive almost 30 minutes and cross state lines to find an In-N-Out. Luckily, I have almost no desire to do so.

kilnborn wrote: »

I have to drive almost 30 minutes and cross state lines to find a Cinnabon. Luckily, I have no desire to do so.

I also have to drive almost 30 minutes and cross state lines to find an In-N-Out. Luckily, I have almost no desire to do so.

The second one is basically what people who live in Los Angeles have to do anyway, so you might as well get the full experience.

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »

The second one is basically what people who live in Los Angeles have to do anyway, so you might as well get the full experience.

I don't think many Angelenos are crossing state lines to get In-N-Out.

This discussion has been closed.