As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2019 HOTELS LIVE

12346»

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I called and got email confirmations for my 27th-28th Westin King Bed and my 28th-31st Westin King Bed, but they couldn't merge them. Told me I'd be able to do it when I arrive, don't have Hugh hopes for them to be able to

zmYaVYP.png
  • ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Yeah, I called and got email confirmations for my 27th-28th Westin King Bed and my 28th-31st Westin King Bed, but they couldn't merge them. Told me I'd be able to do it when I arrive, don't have Hugh hopes for them to be able to

Same thing here. Called the Westin to try to get confirmation numbers and to merge my 27th-29th and 29th-31st, and talked to a woman who I quickly found out didn't actually work at the Westin Waterfront when she asked me "city and state," and "which property" the reservations were for. She "notated" the reservations, so I'm hoping they can just merge them when I check in.

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Welp. My stuff is a hot mess. I'll attempt to chronicle it here:
    1.) Booked 2 separate reservations at Westin like others (27-29 Double; 28-31 Single... one extra day that needs to be dropped on top of wanting to combine)
    2.) Early march, fill out Connections website form asking about combining reservations
    3.) March 8, receive call from Connections along the line of "We can get this fixed no problem, we just need you to confirm this detail, if you even just leave a voicemail with that info we can do that for you.
    4.) March 8 (few hours later) call and leave voicemail with requested info (basically confirming names/dates)
    5.) hear nothing
    6.) March 21, Call Westin, reservations line cannot find my reservation(s) at all
    7.) March 21, Call Connections, they are able to give me the Westin confirmation number for ONE reservation, but say the other was just recently transferred so they don't have a confirmation number yet. Confirms nothing has been combined on their end.
    8.) Look up reservation number on the Marriott Bonvoy site, room shows as CANCELED. So that's cool

Basically RIP me? It was recommended for me to call back on Monday so I guess I'll do that.

S2ieAvx.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    8.) Look up reservation number on the Marriott Bonvoy site, room shows as CANCELED. So that's cool

That is awful! I hope they are able to resuscitate the reservation for you. Good luck!

• imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    Welp. My stuff is a hot mess. I'll attempt to chronicle it here:
    1.) Booked 2 separate reservations at Westin like others (27-29 Double; 28-31 Single... one extra day that needs to be dropped on top of wanting to combine)
    2.) Early march, fill out Connections website form asking about combining reservations
    3.) March 8, receive call from Connections along the line of "We can get this fixed no problem, we just need you to confirm this detail, if you even just leave a voicemail with that info we can do that for you.
    4.) March 8 (few hours later) call and leave voicemail with requested info (basically confirming names/dates)
    5.) hear nothing
    6.) March 21, Call Westin, reservations line cannot find my reservation(s) at all
    7.) March 21, Call Connections, they are able to give me the Westin confirmation number for ONE reservation, but say the other was just recently transferred so they don't have a confirmation number yet. Confirms nothing has been combined on their end.

Basically RIP me? It was recommended for me to call back on Monday so I guess I'll do that.

Call Westin directly. The confirmation number I got from connections housing was showing up as cancelled, but they actually made two reservations and cancelled one. The person I spoke to on the phone was super helpful and even linked my booking to my marriot account thing. Call the westin and explain the situation again.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Welp. My stuff is a hot mess.
    this whole thing has been such a mess. I have a back-up hotel booking, and I'm so nervous to cancel that one in case when I arrive the hotel actually Don't have my online reservation.. we'll just have to see. :(

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017

Call Westin directly. The confirmation number I got from connections housing was showing up as cancelled, but they actually made two reservations and cancelled one. The person I spoke to on the phone was super helpful and even linked my booking to my marriot account thing. Call the westin and explain the situation again.
    Got nowhere with the Westin twice.. instead I called Bonvoy customer service directly and finally got some movement. Unfortunately they cannot add my Bonvoy number to my account (because there's an apostrophe in my name lol, stupid), but he was able to confirm that one reservation IS canceled, and the other one (28-31) was changed to a double bed for some reason. He then put me on hold for awhile while he contacted the Westin and when he came back he told me they were adding the 27th to my reservation, hallelujah!

Unfortunately whenever I look up that reservation, it still shows as 28-31... but at least I have a confirmed room now. I'll try Westin again tomorrow to see if they can confirm the added date.

Icing on the cake, tonight Connections Housing finally responded to my email (several days old now) taking credit for the correct reservation dates even though it was the result of me being on the phone for 3 hours and finally getting the right guy to help me.

S2ieAvx.png
    The new Hotel system is absolute garbage. Nothing is going as smoothly as previous years with Onpeak. Can't merge rooms, can't get definitive confirmation numbers.
    I got the official email confirmation from Westin for my Wednesday Night with searchable confirmation number. Confirmation number I got last week for my Thursday-Sunday still isn't showing up. Please PAX, go back to Onpeak.

zmYaVYP.png
  • casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Just want to second calling the Westin and asking to talk to the front desk -- otherwise they will transfer you to their help line. Only the front desk can view PAX reservations apparently, not the help line. I still haven't had anything emailed to me, but I got a confirmation number at least.

casstronaut on
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Somehow overlooked it, but finally received an email from the Westin today with a confirmation number. When I called them to ask a completely different question (can I have my Amazon order of Yoshi deliver there, which the answer is yes), I ran the confirmation number with them and they confirmed I'm good to go.

While I am relieved, I do hope that all of your situations get resolved. This should be our time to relax and celebrate together, not be stressed out. And yes, if a formal petition goes around to have Onpeak reinstated then you have my signature.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Called Seaport to confirm. Looks like they got the info from Connections but no emails sent as of yet.

Edit: Email confirmation received. Maybe in response to my call, maybe coincidence.

jayh0va on
    npyymaqh3gup.png
  • 3ricG3ricG New Jersey/PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    We had booked four rooms for 15 people at the Hilton Downtown, and the connections page said we only had one room with one bed... We ended up having to contact the hotel directly to get any kind of confirmation, but this was kind of stressful considering how smooth it has been in the past with OnPeak. Any chance OnPeak will come back?

3ricG on
    rd4rhJL.png
    update update update: finally got a super sweet woman at the Westin who was able to confirm I now have the CORRECT reservation and am all set for Wed-Sun. For some reason it isn't reflecting as that in the Bonvoy lookup but as long as it's good there I am happy! Finally have that weight off my shoulders.

S2ieAvx.png
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Somehow overlooked it, but finally received an email from the Westin today with a confirmation number. When I called them to ask a completely different question (can I have my Amazon order of Yoshi deliver there, which the answer is yes), I ran the confirmation number with them and they confirmed I'm good to go.

Got my confirmations too. And too funny I was thinking the same thing about Yoshi!

zmYaVYP.png
    Anyone had luck yet having them merge reservations at the Westin?

zmYaVYP.png
  • a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    so i reserved a room at the marriot at coply place..it said standard double.does that mean 2 bed or single bed.didnt even question it till now thinking it was 2 beds,which is what i need...i sappose i can call them up and ask.

• NikkifiedNikkified Registered User new member
    Honestly this was the worst hotel booking system for a con I've ever experienced. I really hope they go back to OnPeak next year.
    So annoyed about this whole process. I'm always the one in my group tasked with booking hotels and I never had an issue until this year.

• mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Nikkified wrote: »
    Honestly this was the worst hotel booking system for a con I've ever experienced. I really hope they go back to OnPeak next year.
    So annoyed about this whole process. I'm always the one in my group tasked with booking hotels and I never had an issue until this year.

For me this was the easiest year yet for me as a group planner. I needed 7 rooms. The website said to email them for groups. I did and they booked all my rooms for me on day two at the aloft. The customer service has been outstanding as I need to tweak and change those reservations.

I will say the day one crash was pretty crappy, but managing online has been just as good as on peak. On peak had its share of issues. Let’s not fall victim to the grass is greener affect.

mayapple on
    e6txb8m8cavf.png

• revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Just for another perspective - I reserved an Intercontinental room on day one. Never got any email confirmation after the initial one, but it seems the reservation was smoothly transferred over. I logged into the Intercontinental site today and saw that my reservation was all set. Perhaps helps that I already had a membership number with IHG.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    mayapple wrote: »

For me this was the easiest year yet for me as a group planner. I needed 7 rooms. The website said to email them for groups. I did and they booked all my rooms for me on day two at the aloft. The customer service has been outstanding as I need to tweak and change those reservations.

I will say the day one crash was pretty crappy, but managing online has been just as good as on peak. On peak had its share of issues. Let’s not fall victim to the grass is greener affect.

I think you had a special case because you didn't have to go through the regular reservation system, you got to email them. Many of us had drama before the hotels were actually available, because someone leaked the info that was supposed to be for enforcers, and our first reservations were then canceled and we had to go through it all again. I'm happy that you didn't have any drama with your group stuff. It's bad enough to stress about it for one room, let alone 7.

Most of the issues here were that there has been no direct communication between the reservation website and the hotels themselves before this week, which is insane when people are making plans to travel far and wide to Boston and can't even confirm they have a place to sleep. (and some did not as their reservations were canceled mysteriously) I remember getting the confirmation number well before a week till Pax in previous years. Plus, the fact that once the reservations were handed over to the hotels themselves, none of the information was kept the same. (only one name on my reservation, address wrong, credit card info missing)

For me, it's not a grass is greener situation, I just want a system that works with at least less of all this stress. I don't care who handles it as long as it's handled. /shrug

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    mayapple wrote: »

I think you had a special case because you didn't have to go through the regular reservation system, you got to email them. Many of us had drama before the hotels were actually available, because someone leaked the info that was supposed to be for enforcers, and our first reservations were then canceled and we had to go through it all again. I'm happy that you didn't have any drama with your group stuff. It's bad enough to stress about it for one room, let alone 7.

Most of the issues here were that there has been no direct communication between the reservation website and the hotels themselves before this week, which is insane when people are making plans to travel far and wide to Boston and can't even confirm they have a place to sleep. (and some did not as their reservations were canceled mysteriously) I remember getting the confirmation number well before a week till Pax in previous years. Plus, the fact that once the reservations were handed over to the hotels themselves, none of the information was kept the same. (only one name on my reservation, address wrong, credit card info missing)

For me, it's not a grass is greener situation, I just want a system that works with at least less of all this stress. I don't care who handles it as long as it's handled. /shrug

For me, I think the missing/changed information and the confusion over when things were transferred over to the hotels officially are my biggest concerns. Personally, for whatever reason, I rarely got confirmations from the Westin in previous years, so I've become used to having to take the extra step to confirm. The reservation process for me was fine, but then again, I don't need to accommodate multiple rooms or merge reservations so I dodged those issues. But it was a bit baffling to me, when I finally got the confirmation at the Aloft, to see that basically none of my info other than my name was there, It just seems like an odd choice not to transfer that information, if for no other reason so the hotel can have the credit card on file to guarantee the reservation. And like I said in a previous post, if I hadn't been looking at the booking site a few weeks ago and saw in that small paragraph that everything was about to transferred to the hotels, I would have thought that they were still waiting to transfer until like a few days ago. With OnPeak, those expected cutoff dates were right on the reservation so you knew well in advance how much time you had to confirm your plans. Its not a grass is greener situation, I think its a communication issue. OnPeak wasn't perfect either. I hate how hotels drop in and out of their system randomly, and if your hotel drops out, you can't edit the reservation until it pops back in, for example. I don't mind this system if they can improve the communication to help avoid a lot of these issues.

XyqJPIp.png
  • SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    Hello everyone! I am cancelling my reservation at Westin Waterfront this morning as I have found an alternative hotel at a cheaper rate.

Just passing this along in case you need a room. Good luck!

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    SullMaster wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I am cancelling my reservation at Westin Waterfront this morning as I have found an alternative hotel at a cheaper rate.

You will likely have a cancellation fee at this point, but depending on the new hotel you got might be worth it?

• SullMasterSullMaster Boston Hardcore Gamer and MLP Fanatic Boston MARegistered User regular
    SullMaster wrote: »

You will likely have a cancellation fee at this point, but depending on the new hotel you got might be worth it?

No cancellation fee, so I’m all set. $100 less per night yes definitely worth it.