As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    yeah the menus are so awful; so much of it works weird as shit with KB+M.

i still don't know how to easily navigate mod slot interface, and usually just mash wasd until it randomly goes to the slot I want to change

I think it's based on the picture/3d model of the weapon, like W moves up the picture, A moves to the left of the picture, S moves down the picture, and D moves to the right of the picture. Not at all intuitive considering the list on the right is....a list.

I'm having to verify my files every single time I launch the game, because apparently something is getting corrupted every time I close the game?

akirasig.jpg
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

i still don't know how to easily navigate mod slot interface, and usually just mash wasd until it randomly goes to the slot I want to change

I think it's based on the picture/3d model of the weapon, like W moves up the picture, A moves to the left of the picture, S moves down the picture, and D moves to the right of the picture. Not at all intuitive considering the list on the right is....a list.

I'm having to verify my files every single time I launch the game, because apparently something is getting corrupted every time I close the game?

Ignore the list. Mouse over and double click the [x] boxes. If you have a mod for that slot, it'll open the mod menu. If you don't have a mod for that slot, nothing will happen.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Ignore the list. Mouse over and double click the [x] boxes. If you have a mod for that slot, it'll open the mod menu. If you don't have a mod for that slot, nothing will happen.

I didn’t know there was another way to navigate the list. This is all I’ve ever done. Takes me about 20 seconds to apply every mod I want to a new gun and even less to strip it (just press tab).

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

I didn’t know there was another way to navigate the list. This is all I’ve ever done. Takes me about 20 seconds to apply every mod I want to a new gun and even less to strip it (just press tab).

Amusingly, category/inventory browse is by default bound to LT. Also bound to LT: Mark/Unmark as junk.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Yellow anything is meant to signify the path forward, a good design decision I think, because it's done subtly.
    Yeah, like yellow nameplates for clanmates.

Well, your clanmates are clearly elite.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I gotta say...

Using gear with the "Berserk" trait really makes me think about how long to wait before applying armor repairs. Sitting in cover at half-stripped? I'll probably wait it out and use the extra bonus DPS to wing it for a bit longer. Running for cover with no armor and ducking behind a bin while taking fire form a flanker? Yeah, I'm probably going to apply armor kit (and watch the 2.5second bar race with my health loss rate). I'm about 50/50 on waiting too long now.

26904.png
    edited March 2019
    I gotta say...

Using gear with the "Berserk" trait really makes me think about how long to wait before applying armor repairs. Sitting in cover at half-stripped? I'll probably wait it out and use the extra bonus DPS to wing it for a bit longer. Running for cover with no armor and ducking behind a bin while taking fire form a flanker? Yeah, I'm probably going to apply armor kit (and watch the 2.5second bar race with my health loss rate). I'm about 50/50 on waiting too long now.

do you feel stupid when your gambit doesn't pay off?

tastydonuts on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So this game is rad.

I got this little hippo that dangles off my backpack and it is the best.

goty

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    You need to be able to attach more decorations to your backpack.

So it just looks like a jiggling mass of random shit.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    So this game is rad.

goty

Hippos make the best house cats.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

If I'm not going four menu layers deep to choose and load a weapon component and then repeating the process in reverse to delete the old component, it's just not a Bioware game.

Oh, wait..

So this game is rad.

goty
    I've got a little teddybear. In real life.

My in-game code is locked to another region and that made me sad. Ubi support has responded that it's too bad I'm living in the wrong part of the world, I should just make a new PSN account and start over. :bigfrown:

26904.png
    So this game is rad.

goty

My in-game code is locked to another region and that made me sad. Ubi support has responded that it's too bad I'm living in the wrong part of the world, I should just make a new PSN account and start over. :bigfrown:

I don’t see why they couldn’t just generate region correct codes for you and disable the codes you have.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Damage should really impede a rogue's hijacking progress. *totally not bitter, just salty*

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    This fucking mission where you have to go to the hyena vault is so fucking awful I don’t want to play the game anymore. I’ve really never died more than once or twice anywhere. I’m on death 20 here and literally no hope at all. This is fucking absolutely garbage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    So this game is rad.

goty

I don’t see why they couldn’t just generate region correct codes for you and disable the codes you have.
    That was the outcome I was hoping for, but alas, the answer I got was less generous and more "sucks to be you." I'm more annoyed that I'm going to have to wait out the extra week like a pleeb rather than getting the Year 1 DLC with everyone else, despite dropping $150 on a Gold Edition.

26904.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Played for an hour and didn’t progress at all. Might be the last time I play the division 2x

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Tommy Gun is in the game and it isn't an exotic. Sadly, there is no brandish weapon emote.

Tommy Gun is in the game and it isn't an exotic. Sadly, there is no brandish weapon emote.

I can't bring myself to dismantle it because of the flavor text on the weapon.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Knight_ wrote: »
    This fucking mission where you have to go to the hyena vault is so fucking awful I don’t want to play the game anymore. I’ve really never died more than once or twice anywhere. I’m on death 20 here and literally no hope at all. This is fucking absolutely garbage.
    Oh yeah, the bank mission was a pretty big spike in difficulty. It was a bit of a shock to me too. I actually ran out ammo on my main gun in the final fight!! There was a lot of dying and retrying and looking at spawn patterns and re-examining strategies before I was able to beat it. Keep at it, it IS solvable!!! I did hit that mission from a weird angle and as a result it is the only story mission I've done solo so far.

Luckily I was back in a group for the next story mission, that has a real BS mortar launcher enemy that it took me a good five or six deaths to even figure out where he was killing us from. Complete party wipe at least three times on that setpiece. I'm going to be hitting the Lincoln Memorial this weekend and then it'll be a sprint to the finish for me!

26904.png
  • m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    You need to be able to attach more decorations to your backpack.

So it just looks like a jiggling mass of random shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChQK8j6so8

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Servers just went down for maintenance; from the forums, it looks like they're fixing the clan xp bug, the daily/weekly reset bug, guidance NPCs disappearing, and survivability of low-level players when ranked up to support a friend.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    So, something that I figured out tonight while attacking the northern-most Downtown East control point (while an Elite Supply Convoy was loitering around the area) was something that's been frustrating me since the first time I played Division 2, and I can finally put it into words:

Compared to Division 1, Division 2 just feels clunky and a bit sluggish. And that lack of responsiveness (especially when it comes to skills) can absolutely cause sudden, otherwise-preventable agent death(s).

For example, tossing out a turret. In Division 1, you could look at a location, tap the skill key, and you'd kick into the animation to toss the turret to where your reticle was (and, if you were on the run, you'd toss the turret kinda in the direction of where you were aiming and it'd stick wherever it landed). Now, in Division 2, tapping the skill key toggles you into the thrown aim look where you now need to mouse click to deploy the turret. Add in that there's a significant delay to entering the aim-mode because it doesn't toggles over until you've completed the animation for pulling the turret off your utility belt, and everything just feels clunky. I've actually had regular mooks (not the assaulters, just regular AR/SMG toting guys) walk through a doorway (that I'm watching to toss the turret on if it looks like a flank is coming, mind you) from SMG effective range and get right up to me, bypassing the turret before it even has a chance to unfold because of the delay in skill deployment.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm having quite a bit of fun during the leveling process (contrary to what it might read like in my chat messages) and am looking forward to hitting 30 and start up re-running the missions in hard difficulty. But it just feels like the game is fighting me every step of the way on enjoying it.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So, something that I figured out tonight while attacking the northern-most Downtown East control point (while an Elite Supply Convoy was loitering around the area) was something that's been frustrating me since the first time I played Division 2, and I can finally put it into words:

Compared to Division 1, Division 2 just feels clunky and a bit sluggish. And that lack of responsiveness (especially when it comes to skills) can absolutely cause sudden, otherwise-preventable agent death(s).

For example, tossing out a turret. In Division 1, you could look at a location, tap the skill key, and you'd kick into the animation to toss the turret to where your reticle was (and, if you were on the run, you'd toss the turret kinda in the direction of where you were aiming and it'd stick wherever it landed). Now, in Division 2, tapping the skill key toggles you into the thrown aim look where you now need to mouse click to deploy the turret. Add in that there's a significant delay to entering the aim-mode because it doesn't toggles over until you've completed the animation for pulling the turret off your utility belt, and everything just feels clunky. I've actually had regular mooks (not the assaulters, just regular AR/SMG toting guys) walk through a doorway (that I'm watching to toss the turret on if it looks like a flank is coming, mind you) from SMG effective range and get right up to me, bypassing the turret before it even has a chance to unfold because of the delay in skill deployment.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm having quite a bit of fun during the leveling process (contrary to what it might read like in my chat messages) and am looking forward to hitting 30 and start up re-running the missions in hard difficulty. But it just feels like the game is fighting me every step of the way on enjoying it.

I get what you're saying. That "delay" wastes/mis-aims my healing chem at least half the time since I'm usually in a panic to launch it. Mostly because, even though I double tap to place it at my feet, my mouse hand is usually wildly swinging around like a jackass.

Not to mention how the delay + effect that occurs when switching to my crossbow straight up fucks my entire world up for the entire 2 seconds it takes to regain control. Like the chem launcher, I've prob missed half my crossbow shots in my overzealousness to quick-fire at charging bosses while screaming for the screen warping and Transformers sound effect to end.

Decoy on
    edited March 2019
    Everything is more deliberate now, for better or worse.

I think it’s better and hope they dont change it. Makes skill use more tactical and less arcade mode.

tastydonuts on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    On that tangent, is anyone advocating the firefly? It feels clunky to use, unusable in cluttered environments, and has a comparable cooldown with most other deployable gadgets.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »

I get what you're saying. That "delay" wastes/mis-aims my healing chem at least half the time since I'm usually in a panic to launch it. Mostly because, even though I double tap to place it at my feet, my mouse hand is usually wildly swinging around like a jackass.

Not to mention how the delay + effect that occurs when switching to my crossbow straight up fucks my entire world up for the entire 2 seconds it takes to regain control. Like the chem launcher, I've prob missed half my crossbow shots in my overzealousness to quick-fire at charging bosses while screaming for the screen warping and Transformers sound effect to end.

I don't have many issues on the controller with movement (ps4) but I do agree that they should tone down the orange flare when you switch and maybe reduce the weapon switch lag a little bit. Maybe about half a second or so quicker - I know its supposed to be a decision to use the sig weapon as a tactical choice but it feels bad shooting someone with the crossbow and then dying because a rusher flanked you and you cant switch back to your other weapon in time.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Firefly can be a pita but if youve got LOS to anyone with a gadget on them, especially grenade people its a wrap. Its a great gadget for opening up fights while you still have the advantage of surprise.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    Firefly can be a pita but if youve got LOS to anyone with a gadget on them, especially grenade people its a wrap. Its a great gadget for opening up fights while you still have the advantage of surprise.

I guess that's my problem with the firefly - it seems like it is meant to be an alpha strike weapon most of the time but other things do that job as well or better. The firestarter chem launcher is a great way to start a fight and is fairly easy to use - the firefly needs to be a lot stronger for its cooldown and difficulty of use.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Unfortunately the scaling aspect of this game is not what it was quite advertised. We were really excited as a group that it looked like Div2 was pulling a Guild Wars 2. "Hey, it doesn't matter if your friends are poop sockers or casuals! You can always play together!". While this is technically true, the scaling leaves a lot to be desired. We've found that unless you're around 5 levels of each other, the lower level players will get downed very easily and their weapons will seem much more ineffectual.

Looks like even though it scales up everything, it's some kind of base value that doesn't account for gear quality. And it really shows when our level 30 buds are trying to play with the fellas still around 20 or lower. It's just not fun for the lower level guys. On the first couple of days when we were all within 5 levels it seemed great. But now as some guys have pulled ahead, it's become really obvious that the scaling isn't as widely inclusive / useful as we had thought. It's a real shame.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I don't usually use it for alpha strike. I generally use my bomber drone to initiate against clustered enemies who don't know I'm there.

Firefly is my CC for bosses, veteran gunners etc. That free ammo pack explosion on the heavily armored bosses, or forcing those prone guys to stand up is real nice.

Speaking of ammo packs, the explosive packs on grenadiers etc can be detonated even on corpses.

Also last night while capping the No Hope Hotel the enemies were spawning out of a manhole. I shot a foam guy in the canister and dudes kept popping in out of the sewers into the foam. And most of them were also foam guys so i just kept hitting the canisters. At one point I had 5 guys in spot all wobbling around.

steam_sig.png
    They literally just patched it last night to address the scaling issues.

n1woEHJ.png
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Cool! We'll have to give it a shot today then and see how it feels.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Oh? What'd they change?

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Patch Notes:
    • Fixed an issue where players were not being granted Clan XP
    • Fixed an issue where daily and weekly resets would not apply to players who were offline during the time of reset
    • Fixed an issue where players could lose guiding missions and access to guiding mission NPCs, making them unable to further progress
    • Improved survivability of low level players against enemy NPCs when playing co-op with a player of higher level

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

I've been struggling with this too -- especially with weapons like the chem launcher, where it feels like if I ever try to quick-fire it I'm inevitably going to end up accidentally lobbing it directly into my own cover. The turret has been less of a problem for me, because I usually just double-tap the key to place it right in front of me.

I think I like the weightiness of movement otherwise, though, so it's probably just something to get used to. Hopefully the devs will iterate on some of these control/UI feel issues eventually. :)

Dehumanized on
    Woo. Crafted my Liberty.
    NXQCney.jpg

Shame it caps out at 440. :(

n1woEHJ.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Finally had a day off to play this, got to level 7 and am thoroughly enjoying it. It definitely feels more difficult than 1, but maybe I'm just rusty. Finally got a decent marksman rifle (m700) and am having an absurd amount of fun popping weak points with it. Currently using Revive Swarm and Acid Launcher. About to swap the launcher for a turret.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh my god roosevelt island is the fucking worst mission in the whole game, that end rush is stupidly hard when you have 4 people, like so many god damn yellow bars and fire everywhere. It doesn't help when I matchmake to it I'm like with the most potato of groups.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The oxi launcher is so incredibly useful and practical I can't believe I didn't just use it the whole time. The fact that it's a short cooldown way to get mobs out of cover as well as a good way to wreck armor on bosses is nuts. A lot of the other skills have very powerful specific uses. But damn. Oxi seems like it's just the best general skill in the game.