As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Ugh it doesn't feel worth bringing Elarra to manticore. Every other move is sap. Maybe Penelo to dodge a sap or Rosa to dodge a slow?

If you study the AI a bit, there's a few spots you can probably squeeze at least one tic of Regenga, and then you still benefit from non-typed Quickcast for the team. Depends if you can last to those points, I suppose, so Magicite/Crystal Waters, etc.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    I was actually just taking this team and slapping a chain in place of Vayne:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/b3lr01/5_madeen_mastery_no_chainsaosbsaasbs/

I lack his USB (although I do have his OSB and LMR), and I also lack Nabaat's burst, so I was hoping the chain would make everyone more effective and not have hones be an issue. I DO have both Dark Zones at R5 though *pours one out for his Dark Orbs*

I have everything on that list besides Vayne OSB and Elarra USB... ofc, I still have to clear the 4* magicites...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man the cool thing about Magia is that I feel at least that my guys are getting better after each Magicite kill. Something that kinda sucks when clearing a Magicite (your deck gets better while your characters don't).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Done sharding all 5* armor and weapons. Hanging onto some no boost 6* weapons and all 6* armor.

I still have over 300 accessories to sort through. The end is near though.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I ended up with 200 rainbow things. Got Bartz to Magia 100 to, so the first 100 isn’t too bad.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Aaaand Madeen is dead!

This one's a lot more straightforward than Lakshmi, Mighty Guard aside. Still gotta DPS fast or else eat a Dispel. Stop is the worst, particularly since Madeen's MND is so high. I need to keep in mind when Stop is coming, so that I can have Elarra toss out an Ultra to heal the party while she's incapacitated.

Team was Tyro (Divine Veil Grimoire), Exdeath (Bubsy), Seymour (Chain), Cid Raines (BSB, USB, but BSB could serve just fine on its own), and Elarra (USB1).

I should farm up a full copy of Madeen, but the fight will be a lot more stable (and faster) if I can R5 Dire Heal and Dark Zone (currently at R4 and R3). Which means a lot of time grinding out the Maze of Dark Divinity and Pale Barrens first.

Still, a win's a win.

Enlong on
    TBH, I think I'm gonna max the Maneater and that Type 0 Mind Dagger. Just a lvl 33 Artifact is way better than my best 7* weapon when it comes to raw power. It's 6 months until the elemental artifacts right? That's a lot of time to build up rainbow shards.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I can't believe I slept on the Phantom Magicite for so long. That thing is basically "haha, good luck doing damage with Holy", albeit at the expense of any damage on the opener.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Got madeen too now. Gonna try some different strats now to see if it can go faster.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    TBH, I think I'm gonna max the Maneater and that Type 0 Mind Dagger. Just a lvl 33 Artifact is way better than my best 7* weapon when it comes to raw power. It's 6 months until the elemental artifacts right? That's a lot of time to build up rainbow shards.

No not at all. Two months maybe I think? Something like that. 6 mo is current JP time.

38thDoE on steam

I just fed one of my Evraes to Madeen.

End of an era.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 Edge USB. Not beating Yuffie who I have dam near everything for on a water team, but seems nice otherwise.

edited March 2019
    Got Yang's USB.

10 hits, Enearth, activate Frying Pan mode. Frying Pan Mode causes Monk attacks to decrease Yang's action delay and increase his crit chance in stages, up to 3 levels of buff (the max buff is x3 action speed and 75% crit rate, not too shabby). Frying Pan Mode ends by making him do an Overstrike attack.

While I'm done with Zappy Bird, I won't say no to a cool new Earth Ultra. The question of course is whether he outdoes Tifa's Monk Double USB. Him having Monk Dualcast in his legend dive is a good start.

Enlong on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ceodore LMR. Meh. I've got his USB and BSB at least.

Aw man, really wish Cecil's glint was empowered infusion. I have four methods for enHoly for him, but no way of stacking.

Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Aw man, really wish Cecil's glint was empowered infusion. I have four methods for enHoly for him, but no way of stacking.

It's an odd one, for sure.

I like the concept of the HP Stock Glint, but I'm not certain that that's worth losing the other benefits. Maybe if it was Stock and an attack, or Stock and Empowered Infusion.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    IV: 1/3, no disco. Edward BSB (dupe). Eh, rainbow crystal.

Finally got caught up in updating my spreadsheet *sigh*

Now to actually pick out the ones I definitely want to keep, so I can junk the rest.

Muddled my way through Madeen in 50 seconds. Spent about 80% of the fight with the boss Enraged. Hopefully as I accumulate copies my time will come down.

The Squad:
    Aerith Curada/Hastega (USB2) Ace Striker (LM1, 2)
    Raines Wrath/Dispel (BSB, OSB) +DMG (LM1, 2)
    Seymour Ultima Weapon/Dark Zone (CSB) DMT (LMR)
    Kuja Dire Heal/Dark Zone (USB, OSB) TGM (LM1, 2)
    CoD Mark of Darkness/Shellga (USB, BSB2) MM
    Hades (+Dark)/Wall
    Necrophobe (Dampen Light)/Phoenix (Blade/Spell Wards)/Syldra (Spell Ward/Dampen Earth)/Evrae (Fast Act)

Magicite is obviously not ideal. Not even sure if Hades is the best choice for Primary. Once I get 4 copies of Madeen I can feed her 6 extra Syldras I have for double Magic Boon 20, and replace the Syldra with a single Magic Boon 20. I also need to farm 6 more Typhons, but I haven't been back to that fight since they raised the magic soft cap, so I'm worried the formerly well oiled machine won't work anymore. Future me problems.

All four DPS had +40% Dark damage. Aerith had the Major resist Holy, despite having the most HP on the team. Still, her staying alive was instrumental in everyone else staying alive, and everyone survived to the end of the fight.

Aerith put up Hastega, then Curada spam. USB2 after the first Terra Impact (the cHP attack), then later as Guts pops. Savage Terra Homing was really the only scary attack, since with Enrage and double EnLight it comes close to one-shotting some characters. Overall healing wasn't bad with the Guts safety net. Aerith actually had time to refresh Wall at ~27s mark.
    Raines Wraths to BSB, BSB, then spam C1. Refresh his BSB a little early, because otherwise he has to Dispel on the last turn he's in BSB mode, and he'll lose the opportunity to instantly refresh his BSB. Resume C1 spam, refresh BSB as needed, then transition to spending meter on OSB in phase 3. Dispel again as needed.
    Seymour Ultima Weapon once, then Chain, summon Magicite, Ultima Weapon until doomed, then switch to Dark Zone. Refresh Chain as needed.
    Kuja Dire Heal into USB, Dire Heal until doomed, Dark Zone spam, refresh USB as soon as you can, resume Dark Zone spam, then spend additional SB meter on OSB.
    CoD Shellga, USB, Mark of Darkness spam, BSB2 (should go up a bit before the first Stop), Mark of Darkness spam, recast USB, Mark of Darkness spam.

Legend Dived Kuja for this, since he'll probably make my FF9 Torment team, and I'm at 1700 and 2000 of his respective mote types, so I could spare them. CoD's Legend Dive is kind of lame, so I did without (chance to chase with 1 hit AoE).

Obviously the major piece missing would be getting some kind of cast speed buff in there, but I don't have any USBs for healers who are also Bards. Some day. Lots of room for improvement.

Also, now that Madeen is obtainable, I'm kind of wishing I had put Health Boon instead of Spell Ward on all my primary element Dampening Magicite, for greater flexibility with my Magicite decks. I know at the time my thoughts were "fuck that, Phoenix is a horrible farm and I'm not doing that fight 32 times," but now I'm wishing I had four Ward Magicite. One with double Blade Ward plus Health Boon (Mateus), one with double Spell Ward plus Health Boon (Famfrit), and two with one of each (Phoenix and Madeen). No harm no foul for fights where both kinds of Wards are needed, but if I only need one kind, I have an extra Slot for an additional offensive or +healing Madeen.

So now I'm thinking:
    1.) Empower element/Fixed slot/Empower element x2

2.) Dampen element/Fixed slot/HP Boon/Dampen element

3.) For general defense, one of:
    Fixed Slot/Blade Ward/Blade Ward/HP Boon (Mateus)
    Fixed Slot/Spell Ward/Spell Ward/HP Boon (Famfrit)
    Fixed Slot/HP Boon/Blade Ward/Spell Ward (Phoenix)

4.) For general offense, one Madeen with either:
    Fixed Slot/Surging Power/ATK boon x2
    Fixed Slot/Surging Power/MAG boon x2

5.) Flex slot:
    If you have a multi-element team, a different triple Empower element Magicite
    If you need more defense, Madeen with Surging Power/Blade Ward/Spell Ward
    If you're mixed ATK/MAG, a Madeen with the double of the other Boon you didn't take in slot 4
    If you need more healing, a Madeen with MND boon x2, or possibly Healing and HP Boons.

If I get bored and go crazy, I'm going to end up needing:
    20 Madeen
    44(!) Phoenix
    12 Famfrit
    12 Mateus (or 4 and 8 Geocities)
    6 Syldra (check!)
    6 Typhon
    6 Ark
    12 Lakshmi

Hmm, writing it out makes it seem like pure madness. Maybe with a Water awakening and updated auto battle.

Or maybe there's a way to rejigger and make my current setup a bit more flexible, if not perfectly ideally. Food for thought!

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Seems I've been getting lucky on the realm draws lately...

VII: Tifa USB1! Looks like a nice little earth surprise to bust out on things, and I'm not going to say no to major Regen and Haste on the same stick.

VI: Celes AOSB! I have her USB, so maybe this is enough to get her off the bench?

V: Bartz USB1! Finally, I've been looking and hoping for something actually useful for him, and it even keys off his Spellblade moves, so that might get him up, too.

IV: pCecil LMR3. Well, the armor's a holy damage booster, so I guess I could keep it around after he learns it?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Celes USB/AOSB is extremely good.

yay only 3 more Famfrit to go...still have to level them tho.

I want to make better use of Celes’s USB, but I keep defaulting to Bartz or Squall.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ultimecia USB on daily draw

Might be the first time I've got an actual decent relic

LOL. I love my FF3 Torment Team.
    5eaifpuxmpda.png

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Finally got to export all my inventory and started sifting through to get rainbow shards. 1-7 revealed about 65 redundant weapons/armor, and I haven't started with the vault yet, or accessories

Wait a second. I can probably use this team again in FF14 but replacing Yda with Refia. Oh shoot but I don't have as much healing.

Is tritoch still worth crafting? Does it still do comparable damage?
    Never crafted it and I'm not sure whether to craft a variety or just 19 copies of chain fireaga for manticore.

38thDoE on steam

Valigarmanda? I still use him on Elarra every now and then. It also helped out on FF6 Torment with Terra. If I read this correctly it will also let Terra hit more elements with her Awakening.

Right. And my 1015 mythril say that we are getting that Terra awakening!
    I need 50 more summon crystals for rank 5 but what can you do.

38thDoE on steam

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I use my R4 Tritoch pretty frequently. Often on Elarra, but occasionally other summoners put it to work. If you've got the crystals for it, it's a reasonable investment.

If you get Awakenings for Terra this fest, or Rydia/Alphinaud (next fest), it will add a few more elements where those characters are hilariously good.

Shit I need like more stamina. Need Crystals, need to level all these magicites to get started on Belias and Phoenix.

If you get her Awakening, you won't need R5 because she'll easily cap and has infinite hones.

Darklyre wrote: Β»

If you get her Awakening, you won't need R5 because she'll easily cap and has infinite hones.

Awakenings all have Rank Boost. So ironically despite not needing the hones, abilities still do more damage with R5.

Darklyre wrote: Β»

Awakenings all have Rank Boost. So ironically despite not needing the hones, abilities still do more damage with R5.

Right, but Valigarmanda's a 6* summon and gets elemental boosts from armor plus en-fire from the AASB. The multipliers are so high she'd hit 19999 even at R3 unless you're rolling with just one faithga and no chain.

Aside aside: upgrading Syldra to Madeen dropped my Madeen clear from 45 to 38s.

This is fine.

How do I survive manticores water attack? I have two resist water 10 wards but it’s still killing everyone.

38thDoE on steam

• FryFry Registered User regular
    How do I survive manticores water attack? I have two resist water 10 wards but it’s still killing everyone.

Go faster was my answer. It only shows up as the last attack of each phase.

This discussion has been closed.