As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    So I've gotten my Divine (f)Ire Witch about where I want her. Respec'd out of Elementalist and into Occultist because the damage was about the same, but Occ works much better for CI. Overall it's turning out great, and by the time I get a 6 link, a Flammability Impresence, and -Mana reservered Zealotry enchant, I should be loosing DI's for 1.3m DPS with 7-8k ES.

The only problem is how ridiculously expensive CI gear is. 150ES boots with 20% movement speed and nothing else? Easily 50 chaos. I got super lucky though and picked up a 550ES chest piece for ~8c, dumped 300 jewelers and 7 fusings to get it to a 5 link.

How bad of an idea is it spend an exalt on nothing but maps? Everything on PoE trade is either barely an upgrade for me or 2.5ex+.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »

How bad of an idea is it spend an exalt on nothing but maps? Everything on PoE trade is either barely an upgrade for me or 2.5ex+.

IMO, it is never bad to invest in maps

investing in maps (besides just the maps themselves) with chisels, vaals, and sextants ALWAYS pays off

i started the day yesterday with about 300c. ended it with 600 and + in all my vaals, chisels and sextant numbers by selling map drops, buying cheap ratio on currency market, and buying maps to shape up 5 tiers

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Damnit, now how am i suppose to NOT buy the cats MTX to go with my soulrend build...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Damnit, now how am i suppose to NOT buy the cats MTX to go with my soulrend build...

Yeah it's pretty much back to soulrend trickster main for me. Take all of my money.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

investing in maps (besides just the maps themselves) with chisels, vaals, and sextants ALWAYS pays off

i started the day yesterday with about 300c. ended it with 600 and + in all my vaals, chisels and sextant numbers by selling map drops, buying cheap ratio on currency market, and buying maps to shape up 5 tiers

If someone had 1ex and only had 5 tier 3 maps to their name, and had absolutely no idea what they were doing, what would you recommend? Asking for a friend.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You could invest in some shrieking essences of zeal; once people are able to fossil and essence craft fractured items, those should go up in price some with people trying to make Onslaught boots.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to thin that picking this league to finally try a CI build was an expensive idea, and maybe I'd be better off going with something else... but the issue is I'm already in Act 7, and I really don't want to have to start all over with the little amount of time I have to play each day.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ES gear is balls expensive this league, it's true. But if you're only in act 7, you ought to be able to pivot to a life-based build without too much trouble. What are you leveling as, ascendency wise?

• Options

If someone had 1ex and only had 5 tier 3 maps to their name, and had absolutely no idea what they were doing, what would you recommend? Asking for a friend.

Absolutely

Turn that ex into c (95-100c), buy all the maps per tier you dont have. alch ALL whites and yellows. This will give you atleast 1-2 ex back as you get to t11s, as well as giving you a nice goal/time spent doing content (temples, memory vaults, delves)

once all whites and yellows are done and you hit t11s, you can start seeing if you wanna speed farm low tier maps, or go for full completion

Rius wrote: »
    You could invest in some shrieking essences of zeal; once people are able to fossil and essence craft fractured items, those should go up in price some with people trying to make Onslaught boots.

this can work, but i always discourage investing in items for new players. the tangible benefits for an item gaining value in currency while your character and mapping progress is at a standstill can be a league killer for new players

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ES gear is balls expensive this league, it's true. But if you're only in act 7, you ought to be able to pivot to a life-based build without too much trouble. What are you leveling as, ascendency wise?

DI Trickester.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I mapped for quite a while with 3800 ES on my trickster with some real garbage items and It honestly wasn't bad. I think if you look for the best 1c items you can for each slot when you get to maps you might be surprised how much ES you end up with.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    DI Trickster is what I'm doing and it totally works as a Life build. Here is my profile; the character is RiusFirinALazor.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Riusaldregan/characters

My helm and chest armour are really crappy because they're ultimately getting replaced with a Devouring Diadem and The Perfect Form. Equivalents of all the rest of my gear ought not to be too expensive. I haven't decided if I'm going to sneak in more uniques here and there, I'm mostly just continuing to fill in my yellow maps. I will probably pick up an Atziri's Step at some point to push my spell dodge to 66%.

Once I have Diadem+TPF I'll be able to run Zealotry + Wrath + Herald of Purity + Purity of Ice + Arctic Armour, all out of my mana. I have ~4.8k life right now and ~1600 ES, the latter of which protects my Mana via EB, and I'm using MoM. I've got the health potion for when my Life gets chunked, and once I have Diadem I'll slot in Desecrate + Spell Cascade into my CwDT setup in my gloves; this'll ensure there will always be 10+ corpses around for the Devouring part of the Diadem, giving me back 4000 Life + ES every 5 seconds.

Sooner or later I'm going to put together a bunch of stuff to make an Animated Guardian with, including a Kingmaker axe. Then I'll have Fortify, giving me 23-29% reduced damage taken based on my number of Ghost Shrouds, plus 13% reduced physical and fire damage taken thanks to Arctic Armour, plus 13% reduced lightning damage taken while channeling, and my Purity of Ice will give me a higher max cold res to cover that damage source (and give me lots of Evasion from TPF.)

Also don't take my passive tree as gospel, I haven't really optimized the Shadow starting area and I'm likely to ditch the shield cluster and definitely going to ditch pathing to EB once I get a Diadem.

Rius on
  • Options
    EB lets you reserve all your mana but still use ES to cast, right? Does Clarity regen your ES if you have EB?

• Options
    Yes to your first question, no to your second. They changed EB last league to still allow your natural ES recharge to kick in even if you've lost ES recently due to casting costs, which is what helped make EB good again.

I basically never run out of ES, though. My channeling costs are so low thanks to Lucidity, plus the chunks of ES gained due to ghost shrouds when hit.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    These dropped last night!

7n7ay0c0zv00.png

• Options
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

This is where I'm at so far, so I don't know that swapping things around would be too expensive/difficult.

• Options
    Yeah, you're already adjacent to or close to most of the Life nodes you'd want to pick up. Trim some of the extra unnecessary passives away (the AoE nodes in Witch, all the ES stuff of course, etc) and path through the Templar area like I have done, and you'll be fine.

If you need some more Orbs of Regret, I've got maybe 20 or so I can give you but it'll have to be late tonight

• Options
    So this is the first league that im needing this item. Any recommendations on how to farm a Shavronne's wrappings? I have a whopping 8 chaos to my name right now.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So this is the first league that im needing this item. Any recommendations on how to farm a Shavronne's wrappings? I have a whopping 8 chaos to my name right now.

You can try farming The Offering or The Aesthete

• Options

Shavs are 3-5 ex and self farming one will take (forever)

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Haw, Shavronne's is 3.8ex for a shitty unlinked one; they were like 4.5ex for a great 6l'd one last league

This truly is the worst league to be ES. I still want to do a Blight/Bane build next, and I think that's gonna have to be Life Trickster as well lol

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Yeah so update on the bleed build

I've only been doing white maps so far, but it's absolutely wrecking everything. I'm currently trying to balance Blood Rage, Dread Banner, Ice Golem, and Assassins Mark because all of them provide a huge bonus but with a glass-cannony build like this it's difficult to keep all of them up at all times.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    NM its covered.

I still have loading problems for betrayal :(

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Prices are going up too. I bought this for 8ex in week 1 and now it would be like twice that. I've been looking at buying shields and it's over 15ex for a 500 ES shield.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I haven't been looking at Watcher's Eyes yet, but running the auras I'm planning on running ought to enable me to get a decent one. I'm thinking Immune to Freeze with Purity of Ice and some sort of useful Zealotry or Wrath mod? Looks like there are a few right now from 50c-3ex. Nothing absurd like lightning pen or crit chance, but useful stuff all the same. I hate getting Frozen.

Or 3ex could get me Phys -> Lightning conversion and Arcane Surge mods, which combined with Phys -> Lightning craft on gloves would free up a support gem. Plenty of options.

Rius on
  • Options
    So...why exactly would i want to run CI AND a Shavronnes wrappings?

• Options
    So...why exactly would i want to run CI AND a Shavronnes wrappings?

you dont

its one or the other

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    sigh.. the guide im following is confusing to me.
    it got four different PoB instructions, options for Shav or CI mixed together and the instructions talk about the various different options in the same sentence with each other.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2461790/page/1

• Options
    edited March 2019
    sigh.. the guide im following is confusing to me.
    it got four different PoB instructions, options for Shav or CI mixed together and the instructions talk about the various different options in the same sentence with each other.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2461790/page/1

If I'm going to guess that with Shav's and Pain Attenuation it's a low-life build, one that keeps you permanently damaged to a "low life" state, that may go through a CI portion until you can get Shavronne's to maintain it without dying. The CI version is using Skin of the Lords instead.

Low-life builds are fairly difficult to maintain if you're not used to them.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    You can level as life or hybrid life/ES, then flick the CI switch once you've got enough ES gear, then convert to low-life once you can afford a Shav's plus the costs of linking it. That's probably why the guide has recommendations for all the options. You would never mix CI and Shavs though.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Going with Oskarms instead of Haem. No-effort power charge generation freeing up a few slots, stick my golem on CWDT, and all I'll have to worry about is Dread Banner and Blood Rage as mechanics. Make up the bleed chance in jewels. Boom.

Edit: Or keep haems, get a ring with it on there, keep goresplosions intact.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    I'm starting to thin that picking this league to finally try a CI build was an expensive idea, and maybe I'd be better off going with something else... but the issue is I'm already in Act 7, and I really don't want to have to start all over with the little amount of time I have to play each day.

I have about 25c worth of CI gear you can have. I can't stand selling things in this game. Friend me at LamentationOfTheFlames.

this can work, but i always discourage investing in items for new players. the tangible benefits for an item gaining value in currency while your character and mapping progress is at a standstill can be a league killer for new players
    I've been playing since day 1 of the paid beta.
    i still have no idea how this game works

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It's over. I won. I beat Path of Exile. You can all go home.

0Cv8AQm.jpg

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    more screenshots for today!

hopefully joining you soon in HH town @AresProphet !!!

PaRIWxV.jpg

map sustain!!!!!

wtyQEfT.jpg

got this staff from an 82 temple, one of the few ways to get non chaos as chaos! includes 100% spell dmg and cold dmg. too bad about the base

R74FUSg.jpg

and found an arakalis! too bad theyre down to 60c, someone needs to make an uber elder kill video again to drive up the prices!

rAMQG20.jpg

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    1/8th of a headhunter is 5 ex, jesus fuckin christ

• Options
    I just found out the hard way that, if I swap over to Yugul and use an Orb of Regret to spec out of Avatar of Fire, I can do elemental reflect maps very, very slowly.

• Options
    How I do reflect maps:

xsjzg0td93ry.png

• Options
    How I do reflect maps:

xsjzg0td93ry.png

Unfortunately I had already thrown four chisels at it and ran it. I guess I glossed over the 'this map will instantly murder you' modifier.

Really hoping they fix Betrayal content, the lag spikes are ridiculous and mostly unavoidable. I was also getting a bug where trying to cast spells while near monsters instead caused me to walk to wherever I clicked (killing me four times and wasting a 20% tier 7 map, thanks). It also seemed to lock me into the action, so I could cancel walking into the mob packs even if I saw it coming; strangely enough as long as I wasn't near a monster everything worked fine.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    If you scour a map with chisels it keeps its chisels in case you didnt know.

• Options
    Also, you can just buy scours with regrets at the vendor if necessary