As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah, as a self heal baptiste's self heal is worse than soldier's, which is especially tough since his fairly fat hitbox and steady head movement makes him easy to poke.

And you really want to use that aoe heal as a supplement to your team healing, it's much more impactful and has a pretty big aoe.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It's weird that it's so much worse than Soldier's - but Soldier's you have to stay inside, which is its own weakness.

Also re: his boots - let's not forget they're almost useless for jukes. The crouch requirement makes him a very easy target, and even once you hit jump there's a windup before he leaps.

It's more about map traversal than real mid-fight mobility imo

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    (Deep breath. Clears throat.)

Yyyuss! At 3:42. That's me!

https://youtu.be/JHQFwugndQ4

I've loved Rapida's vids since I first started playing OW. This is a huge deal for me. Woo!

that mercy save by doomfist was amazing.

i want a character that can only do one thing. they can't do anything but kill bastion. they can't heal, can't hurt anyone else, you just spawn them to instantly explode a bastion.

i laughed heartily at the zen diving into the rialto river.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    (Deep breath. Clears throat.)

Yyyuss! At 3:42. That's me!

https://youtu.be/JHQFwugndQ4

I've loved Rapida's vids since I first started playing OW. This is a huge deal for me. Woo!

that mercy save by doomfist was amazing.

i want a character that can only do one thing. they can't do anything but kill bastion. they can't heal, can't hurt anyone else, you just spawn them to instantly explode a bastion.

i laughed heartily at the zen diving into the rialto river.

I agree about the doomfist save, but you lost me at Bastion hating.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Clarification: don't only eat Dominos Pizza for two weeks. Results are still out on actual pizza.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I worked at Dominoes for a year.

It is kind of a stretch to call it food, much less pizza.

It may have been the worst job I ever had. And I worked at walmart once.

edit: I'm not suggesting a purely pizza-based diet is healthy, but it does at least have vegetables. And stress can do horrible things to the body. I'm not sure I want to blame pizza entirely for that guy's troubles.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    UC is no joke. My brother killed himself because it was too difficult to deal with.

Take care of yourselves guys. Eat vegetables.

• Options
    Omg dude I'm sorry.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Man that sucks.

I didn't get UC, but I can definitely sympathise with that years-lomg struggle to learn adulting once yiu set out on your own, minus half the essential skills that you needed at the beginning. My parents are good people....well, my mum is at least... and so I doubt they realised the struggles I'd go through once I had to learn all the skills they'd done their best to shield me from... or just never thought to palm those jobs off to me as a kind of home ec training. My dad in particular never trusted his kids with any chore they might potentially stuff up. It's a kind of accidental cruelty not teaching your kids those lessons, instilling those habits.

We learn from our parents' mistakes though! My little-me's are gonna learn how to cook and clean and budget and ALL of that shit, whether they like it or not!

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Baptiste is another reason for removing stacking in Mystery Heroes, as oppressive as Mercy or Zarya.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, I played a bunch of MH last night and got Baptiste quite a few times.

Results: I could NOT stop myself from bullet-ing allies and grenade-ing enemies, and I kept forgetting that the immortality field is a disc that needs to be aimed. Current status: Very bad but excited to get better.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, I played a bunch of MH last night and got Baptiste quite a few times.

Results: I could NOT stop myself from bullet-ing allies and grenade-ing enemies, and I kept forgetting that the immortality field is a disc that needs to be aimed. Current status: Very bad but excited to get better.

You can always swap primary/secondary fire for that character. I do that for a few (doomfist/Moira)

• Options
    soylenth wrote: »

You can always swap primary/secondary fire for that character. I do that for a few (doomfist/Moira)

I'm planning on mapping Baptiste's crouch to a bumper button on my controller too, since it's an ability you often want to trigger while still aiming...

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

Oh that wouldn't fix it, I just have a weird mental block that keeps telling me bullets heal and grenades hurt (mainly thanks to Ana and Junk, I assume). I actually aim a lot worse if I fire with right-mouse too for some reason, which is why I switched Mei's left and right click about two days after getting the game.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I had a dominantly good experience with LFG, but now I'm solo queue doing to host pickiness, difficulty getting games going and an ocean of smurfs after setting my own LFG rules.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Musicool wrote: »

I'm planning on mapping Baptiste's crouch to a bumper button on my controller too, since it's an ability you often want to trigger while still aiming...

L3 to toggle crouch, L2 to jump.

Edit: also if you've got his primary and alt-fire on R1 and R2, just hold down both buttons and he'll fire a heal nade between hitscan bursts. Very handy for teamfights. Focus on healing your dudes and you'll deal incidental damage to anyone downrange of them.

Chance on
  • Options
    I saw this on reddit and thought it would be an absolute hilarious and wonderful arcade mode
    Imagine an arcade game where all of the characters models are randomized... So if you see a Mei, it would actually be Reaper... everyone is scrambled.

• Options
    I saw this on reddit and thought it would be an absolute hilarious and wonderful arcade mode
    Imagine an arcade game where all of the characters models are randomized... So if you see a Mei, it would actually be Reaper... everyone is scrambled.

:O :O :O

I kinda' love this. A Mercy with Rein's hitbox lawwwls. A Hog with Torb's lolololol

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    reminds me of something i think they should do for april fool's:
    everything is completely normal, just that when you win, it says 'victory' in red with the effect animation for a loss and athena sounds very morose

vice versa, you lose and 'defeat' flashes on screen with the win cue and athena's delivery is very upbeat

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Protip: Immortality Field has the same trajectory as right click. So if you need to save your team that you are already healing, just throw it, it'll land in the same place as your nades.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

DVa could be potentially amazing. "Oh, I wonder what Sombra is. She's a D.Va mech? and Hog jumps out? Dafuq?"

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

Protip: Immortality Field has the same trajectory as right click. So if you need to save your team that you are already healing, just throw it, it'll land in the same place as your nades.

Oh yeah, when I *wanted* to throw it the arc wasn't too hard to get used to. The big problem came when I wanted to drop it where I was standing but didn't look down before pressing E, so I just flung it into the enemy line.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/RLvhVrg4sns

Lost like every game today, but did have one damn fine run as Tracer in Mystery Heroes. Pretty much never play her, but when I made an alt account I leveled it up to 25 playing mostly Tracer to finally learn her. The game was lost, but the MVP card and kudos from the enemy team at the end made the time spent learning her worthwhile.

I dedicate the game to @Chance for his lifelong commitment to the study of Traceology. A good 3-4 minute run, 3 Bastion kills with pulse bombs (it was mystery heroes yet they still got 3 bastions lul), punked both a Brigette and a McCree, and was only finally brought down after my team had fallen.

Sometimes it's not about whether you win or lose, but how you Trace the game... or something.

Listen, it's late, just pretend I posted some awesome Tracer fan art.

• Options
  • Options
    two things:

1) the nerf I would like to see from Baptiste if they won't nerf his ult build time is make the immortality field a drop down item, not a throw. That gives way too much Mercy 2.0 rez fuck you without Baptiste risking his biscuit. You want to save people, you go to the front line.

2) I've never liked the character, granted, but these 76 buffs are bullshit. You can't give him a damage boost AND make his first few shots perfect AND make it easier to switch from running to shooting, he's in a better position now than that stupid buff he got back in season 3. You want him to be the all around around character, that's fine, but you can't keep bumping him to very good across all items because it stacks up, he needs to just be average, not 7/10. Or you have to start taking something away. He's a fake skill DPS, no respect.

And also I watched the Seoul/NY game yesterday and that was good, probably the best single OWL match so far this year, despite the blatant NYXL bias from the announcing team. It always feels good to see Zarya whiff on her ult.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    two things:

1) the nerf I would like to see from Baptiste if they won't nerf his ult build time is make the immortality field a drop down item, not a throw. That gives way too much Mercy 2.0 rez fuck you without Baptiste risking his biscuit. You want to save people, you go to the front line.

2) I've never liked the character, granted, but these 76 buffs are bullshit. You can't give him a damage boost AND make his first few shots perfect AND make it easier to switch from running to shooting, he's in a better position now than that stupid buff he got back in season 3. You want him to be the all around around character, that's fine, but you can't keep bumping him to very good across all items because it stacks up, he needs to just be average, not 7/10. Or you have to start taking something away. He's a fake skill DPS, no respect.

And also I watched the Seoul/NY game yesterday and that was good, probably the best single OWL match so far this year, despite the blatant NYXL bias from the announcing team. It always feels good to see Zarya whiff on her ult.

Disagree with the s76 stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    two things:

The actual best match of the year so far is Vancouver vs Chengdu in week 4. Everyone expected Vancouver to roll the Hunters, but they made it damn close.

• Options
    Yeah the Seoul/NYXL match was great because I like to see an underdog win, but in terms of raw entertainment and excitement it goes to Vancouver/Chengdu hands down, with runner up going to the Shanghai/London match on the same day.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »
    two things:

Disagree with the s76 stuff.

Same. If you make him average then you make him worthless. He doesn't have the same utility that other dps have like flashbang or hack. He's just a damage dealer so he needs to be able to reliably do that.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Reign Fusion was the battle of who could throw harder

Coinage on
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Atlanta Fusion was the battle of who could throw harder
    Which is a battle Atlanta has already proven several times that they will always win/lose

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

Lucio the DPS

Rounding out the set of speciously-argued and whiny proposals with #DeleteBrig and "remove Resurrect from the game and fire the balance team", I recently saw someone on Reddit suggest that Lucio's Speed Boost is fundamentally unmanageable from a game-balance sense, so the character should just be moved to the Damage class. This is stupid but what the hell, let's roll with it.

- Crossfade no longer projects an aura to allies; both effects are limited to Lucio himself.
    - Instead of a healing aura, Lucio's alternative CrossFade boosts his damage. This is 10-15% base and either 25% or 30% boost during Amp It Up.
    - Sound Barrier is changed to Drop The Beat, which is deployed identically. Drop The Beat has three effects, each of which scale with the amount of time Lucio spends falling after activating the ability: 1) Causes damage in a radius with drop-off from the center. 2) Knocks enemies away from the center of the blast radius. 3) Deafens affected enemies. Sound effects do not play for deafened enemies. This effect lasts between 5 and 15 seconds, depending how powerful a blast strikes the enemy.

EDIT: Double feature!

There's been talk on and off of a 2-2-2 role lock. Now that I think about, though, is that specific ratio actually necessary? Two Supports makes sense because a number of Supports need their own Support for sustain. But with how many more people want to play Damage than Tank, it might make sense to lock at 1 Tank and 3 Damage, and then rebalance Tanks around the assumption that there will only be one of them on the field per team. (Such as maybe bringing Roadhog and Winston's damage numbers up, and kicking Zarya into the Damage category.)

tl;dr role lock, but 1-3-2 instead of 2-2-2.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    The department is aptly named.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    I'm calling it now, like Saitama, Dynasty has accidentally reached their final form and will beat Titans and Shock.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    If this game ever forces solo tanking then I'll probably just quit playing.

I don't really like the line of thinking that runs towards "let's make it 3 dps". It makes a rough kind of sense, but it ignores the players who are happy to chip in but won't be total martyrs in their freetime. And I don't think it would even solve the problem really: if you say "let's replace offtank with dps because there are more dps players out there", well, you just made an even bigger dps overflow because half the offtank players out there aren't really tank players: they're dps players who aren't cunts. But they also won't just obediently start maining MT if you take their role away. So congrats, you just created MORE dps players and made tank mains unhappier. What's the solution now? Remove the offhealer?

Sometimes giving people what they want isn't a service, it's capitulation.

And I play main tank right now, and I don't even mind 3/4 dps comps! But only because that means Ball/Orisa time for me. If it was just expected to play solo tank Rein, well, EVER then I'd be gone in a second.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I'm leaning more and more towards a forced 2-2-2 setup. It makes so much sense from a game balance and a match quality perspective.

Maybe instead of diving right into that though, they try out a required 1-1-1 first? So there is still some flexibility in having unbalanced compositions but you can't just load up on tanks and supports.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Instead of 2-2-2, I'd much prefer one sniper only being the only pick rule. It's those fucking Widow/Hamzo instalocks who suck ass yet eat up the DPS slots that hedge the other players from doing anything else for fear of helping the snowball/tilting pick up speed.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I officially declare that Baptiste voice lines are the best.

Pailryder on
This discussion has been closed.