As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The oxi launcher is so incredibly useful and practical I can't believe I didn't just use it the whole time. The fact that it's a short cooldown way to get mobs out of cover as well as a good way to wreck armor on bosses is nuts. A lot of the other skills have very powerful specific uses. But damn. Oxi seems like it's just the best general skill in the game.

I agree - I have pivoted away from it the last day or so to try and take advantage of the firestarter chem launcher to earn extra crossbow bolts - but I definitely miss it.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Woo. Crafted my Liberty.
    NXQCney.jpg

Shame it caps out at 440. :(

"Thanks, boss!" *grabs the bedazzler strips*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Woo. Crafted my Liberty.
    NXQCney.jpg

Shame it caps out at 440. :(

"Thanks, boss!" *grabs the bedazzler strips*

how would you even fire that thing with that chain situated directly behind the trigger?

edited March 2019
    The trigger itself seems like it's broken, or it's really, really hypersensitive. Looks more like it's already pulled.

tastydonuts on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    You just kinda wave it in the general direction of the sky while shotgunning your beer.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its funny I kept doing like the wrong mission to get a part of that stupid pistol. I think I did space museum like 4 times before I just looked it up and it was god damn viewpoint...

And of course since dailies reset space and air museum is there.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Made it to WT1

oh god there's so much RED

But I have a crossbow now hurrah

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Basil wrote: »
    You just kinda wave it in the general direction of the sky while shotgunning your beer.

The eagles disapprove of this post.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

Hey man, take it easy. Sometimes you just gotta live life in the fast lane.

m!ttens wrote: »

Hey man, take it easy. Sometimes you just gotta live life in the fast lane.

unnxasxjcy55.png

ygb20hq3862r.png
    cr9343iy669b.png

...songplay?

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Alright I'm thinking about getting this because I have an insatiable need to grind for loot and nothing has scratched that itch in a while. Do we have an Xbox group here? I made the mistake of getting Destint 2 and then had nobody to run raids with.

• RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Wish you could change your skin tint at the barber station. My guys skin seems way too shiny. Not to mention it has these weird tinges of red at weird spots, makes it look like he is sick as a goose which isn’t good considering the plot.

Juggernut wrote: »
    Alright I'm thinking about getting this because I have an insatiable need to grind for loot and nothing has scratched that itch in a while. Do we have an Xbox group here? I made the mistake of getting Destint 2 and then had nobody to run raids with.

I play xbone, we have a decent core according to the clan thingy from when I see it, Siralis might know more about that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Juggernut wrote: »

Weird that you couldn't find a group for Destiny 2 given there was/is a very long stretch of time where groups/clans were looking for raiders... did you check that thread?

There is a clan here, post your name/tag on the spreadsheet and request an invite to "Pax Arcadia", I don't think we have any officers on the east coast timezone so the response may come later.

edited March 2019
    Wait I guess I could also get this on PC? I have one of those, too.

I imagine PC has more users here? I might get this on PC then.

Juggernut on
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Just got back from a business trip and looking forward to some hard core dividing this weekend.

Questions for you folks, as I've seen conflicting info on this: control points supposedly respawn loot in the supply rooms once every 24 hours, but I've heard both the big chests do and do not respawn loot. Which is correct? I know they at least respawn once after hitting end-game. Any more after that?

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    edited March 2019
    Just got back from a business trip and looking forward to some hard core dividing this weekend.

Questions for you folks, as I've seen conflicting info on this: control points supposedly respawn loot in the supply rooms once every 24 hours, but I've heard both the big chests do and do not respawn loot. Which is correct? I know they at least respawn once after hitting end-game. Any more after that?

The yellow chest (cache) only respawns if the control point gets flipped (endgame). Prior to that, it will remain openable for a period of time in the same session (you want to get it ASAP, not wait pre-30).

All other chests respawn 24 hours from the time they've been looted.

tastydonuts on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    The oxi launcher is so incredibly useful and practical I can't believe I didn't just use it the whole time. The fact that it's a short cooldown way to get mobs out of cover as well as a good way to wreck armor on bosses is nuts. A lot of the other skills have very powerful specific uses. But damn. Oxi seems like it's just the best general skill in the game.

I'm still at a level where I can't equip mods to my skills, but I've been using that launcher from the beginning, and have a 35ish percent area and 25ish percent damage boost waiting for me. It's such a no brainer skill, if a bit dull.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Back when I was pre-level 10, I was running with the incendiary chem launcher. The problem I was having was igniting the cloud quickly after launching. After seeing the help tip during loading screens, I would hold Q, aim, left-click to deploy, and double-tap Q to detonate. Invariably what would happen was the initial goo-ball wouldn't ignite and, instead, I'd shoot out a second goo-ball and have my position revealed and baddies alerted. That was the initial reason why I switched over to the incinerator turret.

What can I say...I like fire. :evil:

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Because you have to shoot the incinerator cloud to ignite it, right?

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Because you have to shoot the incinerator cloud to ignite it, right?

Double-tapping the skill key will also ignite.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    What I like about the skills in this game is they’re very playstyle dependant. What one person says is an auto take skill another player finds ‘useless’ because they play differently.

Some variants are less good and need some tweaking, but the various skills themselves all seem to find a home with different people.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i found the fire chem launcher would never do that i want, but i'm not sure if that was the ability bug.

also since you have to aim it out of cover i just got shot to pieces.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i found the fire chem launcher would never do that i want, but i'm not sure if that was the ability bug.

also since you have to aim it out of cover i just got shot to pieces.

Back in Division 1, the sticky bomb launcher was a good fight initiator (it was also the reason I got as far as I did in Division 1 on my PS4 since I can't aim to save my life with thumbsticks: stack up the skill power and load up BFB to just one-shot enemy patrols). After the fight was engaged, it was nice being able to sit behind cover while doing a cheeky float the reticle over the baddies and double-tap the skill button/key to snap off a shot that would detonate on contact.

I guess I got too used to the way skills work in Division 1 that having similar skills that behave quite a bit differently in how they're activated in Division 2 is screwing me over.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Whenever I use the oxi launcher it seems to strip barely any armor? Granted level 20 ish maybe it scales better vs just using more bullets later on. Very handy for flushing cover though.

VRXwDW7.png
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Whenever I use the oxi launcher it seems to strip barely any armor? Granted level 20 ish maybe it scales better vs just using more bullets later on. Very handy for flushing cover though.

It's all relative - armor on yellow guys gets stripped a decent amount but they have a bunch of it. So while the oxy launcher is doing more than shooting them it definitely isn't going to take like half their armor. I use it to flush enemies out of cover or force them to die or get seriously hurt if they are stuck in some way they cant move outside the cloud.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I don't know how much skill power I have, but my oxi chem launcher strips all the shields from a purple and kills packs of reds before they can get out of it. Roaming packs of enemies in the open world die as a pack and very quickly. I think the cooldown is something like 12 seconds, which is just great.

However, the most powerful use of it is forcing enemies out of cover. If they stay, they die to oxidizer. If they move, they get shredded by my LMG. And its just the bee's knees against snipers.

ObiFett on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I don't know how much skill power I have, but my oxi chem launcher strips all the shields from a purple and kills packs of reds before they can get out of it. Roaming packs of enemies in the open world die as a pack and very quickly. I think the cooldown is something like 12 seconds, which is just great.

However, the most powerful use of it is forcing enemies out of cover. If they stay, they die to oxidizer. If they move, they get shredded by my LMG. And its just the bee's knees against snipers.

Skill power doesn't affect the skill's power. It only affects what mods you can equip. And given that mods require obscenely high skill power for little benefit, skill power is currently a worthless stat.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yeah, not sure what genius thought it was a good idea to have it "skill power". Hopefully that gets a balance pass soon (it's on their radar).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    IDK... the plus skill you get per tech perk on armor increases by level, and the benefits when you have them feel good. but ymmv.

I've been maxing the stability bar on my ARs and they are hilarious bursts of laser fire now.

Alright. PC Division Deux get.

Won't have time to play until Monday night though. I will check back in then.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    IDK... the plus skill you get per tech perk on armor increases by level, and the benefits when you have them feel good. but ymmv.

I've been maxing the stability bar on my ARs and they are hilarious bursts of laser fire now.

Word. Stability seems to be everything on an automatic weapon; I stack Stability at the expense of everything else.

edited March 2019
    Fairchild wrote: »

Word. Stability seems to be everything on an automatic weapon; I stack Stability at the expense of everything else.

It makes a big difference on semis too, at least on console.

(I take it up to 1/3rd or better)

edit: also just got a chest piece with Mad bomber (+150% Grenade radius, free grenade if it kills 4 or below tech) and... lol...

tastydonuts on
    Guess I'm just weird...

All the crit damage and +damage to elites everywhere!!!

With CHCs between 11-15 on weapons, CHD isn't that big of a deal for me vs Div 2. which was just CHC / CHD all day.

Skill power on mods is actually a bug, you can equip them and get the benefit right now. One of several the devs just haven't gotten around to fixing.

And today I started with 0 exotics and now thanks to a lucky drop and the interboobs I have 3.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Even better, I"ve been equipping ones that technically wouldn't be active to clear mod space. <3

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I did the Hyena vault with 4 people, but I can totally see why the end would be problematic solo.

I was caught off guard doing hotel and it was fucking hard as balls for hard... until I realized I somehow got match made into challenging and then it made more sense.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up guys, Woe Bundy is now full up. We have a few spots, but ive sent out invites and waiting for some friends to accept, so sorry for anyone who hasnt made it in yet. :(

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.