As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FFV: Bartz, Maximillian, Materia: Small chance to triple-cast Spellblades.

FFIV: Rydia, Whale Whisker, Materia: Start battle with EnEarth

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I don't know how to do that. Before I start the chain everyone does around 2k at best in every magicite. And chain takes a bit to come out since healer and buffer need MM usually. What should I do differently?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I was able to weather it, but I can't remember if I had Relm's bubble up at the time.

Maybe more Spell Ward or HP Boon could do. Unsure.

God, why can't the Rainbow Crystal page have equipment split into weapons/armor/accessories, like literally every other page where you're looking over your equipment?

Sorting by "newest" gets me the whole page clogged up with weekly accessories.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Beat Typhon a couple times, sub-24. I hate the fight and it easily goes bad for me, but I'm just gonna power through and get what I need because I'm too old and stubborn to learn a better way.

Edit: III Draw and LMR Lucky Draws are up.

I'm pretty relic-heavy in III but I pulled anyway: Ingus En-earth LMR/3. New for me at least.

I'm tempted to do the lucky just for the heck of it, but hopefully I can resist.

Elderlycrawfish on
    Skippin' LMR Lucky.

I might skip all the luckies; It's just that my needs are super focused now.

Anyway, FFIII: Dupe Desch USB. Dupes are ehhh, but having a super-powerful MAG Dagger is fine; literally everyone can use it.

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    1/3 Onion USB... mage USB, the one I already had. Oh well.

Leeks on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Firion glint and rydia OSB. Meh!

38thDoE on steam

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Refia USB. That's a good one, right?

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I got the most weirdly focused LMR lucky:

Reynn: doublecast ice
    Ysale: chance to imperil ice
    Edea: start with en-ice

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    III: 1/3, disco. Ingus USB! Neat, seems like good stuff.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I enjoy the joke names that have cropped up in FFRK

Such as Valley Girl Amanda

And Horse Fart

I have no idea what those are! I must not play enough FFRK

38thDoE on steam

Valigarmanda and Haurchefant

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    damn I keep losing when it comes to FF3. Luneth LMR. And I have nothing else on him. Well at least I finished up d280 with Squall and Gilgamesh.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: Β»
    I enjoy the joke names that have cropped up in FFRK

Such as Valley Girl Amanda

And Horse Fart

Never seen either of those

And it's been forever since Indonesian blade was relevant

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Firion glint and rydia OSB. Meh!

Wait, what are you pulling on?

I figure the IV LOTROP for the Rydia thing, but where'd you get Firion's glint? We don't have the II LOTROP yet.

Firion and Lynette are apparently interchangeable in my mind. I pulled IV III. I really need globes chain or doublecast wizard twin or onion usb. Ah well looks like I’m waiting for anima lenses. I also pulled vi and got a shadow LMR. Could be worse I guess. Can’t pull anymore or I’ll go below 1k mythril.

Manticore is tough. I think Relm works better.

38thDoE on steam

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Firion and Lynette are apparently interchangeable in my mind. I pulled IV III. I really need globes chain or doublecast wizard twin or onion usb. Ah well looks like I’m waiting for anima lenses. I also pulled vi and got a shadow LMR. Could be worse I guess. Can’t pull anymore or I’ll go below 1k mythril.

Manticore is tough. I think Relm works better.

I have run Manticore with both Elarra and Relm USB and Relm is better, although if you can get a win with Elarra you’ll probably get a better time due to the slightly better quickcast.

This is where I am at. Feels like I do decent damage when rage is down. Really slow down when Phoenix is on cool down. Die when I have to choose between recasting haste and recasting usb.
    met0nhys46uq.png

38thDoE on steam

edited March 2019
    Seems like you need a party MAG buff in there somewhere. Unless Papalymo is doing that for you, in which case he could probably do at least one re-haste

6* fire thief and chain firaja would be upgrades, though maybe those would already be there if you could afford them

Doublecast black magic RM is quite weak unless you're capping, which it sounds like you're not. Get Vivi's RM for much more fire damage in there.

I'd probably give Locke mental break instead of steal power, so Vincent can spend more time on the pew pew. Maybe give Vincent wrath to get going faster

Fry on
    Poked at Madeen a bit more. There's a Savage Terra whatever which kills everyone without major resist from full health. Not sure how to handle that.

edited March 2019
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Poked at Madeen a bit more. There's a Savage Terra whatever which kills everyone without major resist from full health. Not sure how to handle that.

Might I suggest Phantom Magicite?

Ultra Ghostly Veil increases the party’s Holy resistance and lets them dodge the damage from one Holy attack each. Summon him midway through the battle and you should still have the BarDark effect up when Savage Terraforming hits.

It’s what I use for the fight.

Enlong on
    Thanks, that made the difference.

Slower than I would have thought, but sub 60 and mastery!

I need to farm up a bunch more dire heals and dark zones for Madeen

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: Β»
    I need to farm up a bunch more dire heals and dark zones for Madeen

I was lazy and had Raines Wrath to BSB, since the 6* ability is coming. Besides that I have two Dark Zones, and one each of Dire Heal and Ultima weapon.

No ability double to chew through hones though.

If I really want to improve my Madeen times, I should hone both Dark Zone and Dire Heal to R5, as both Exdeath (Dire Heal and Dispel) and Seymour (Dark Zone and Memento Mori) end up spamming a single-hit attack (Delta Blaster and Memento Mori, respectively) towards the end of the fight.

That said, I'm getting my kills, so do I relaly want to improve my Madeen times enough to do all that Dorb and Norb grinding?

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Huh. Apparently the game wants me to keep doing these realm draws even as I look to try and pull as much mythril as I can for lucky draws/40-draws. I mean, cripes, there's only so much free mythril in the game, guys... and some of it you put absurd difficulties in front of.

Yep. III: 1/3 - Onion Knight USB3.

Going to try and mine as much dungeon mythril as I can for the event, but sooner or later we're going to run out...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Huh. Apparently the game wants me to keep doing these realm draws even as I look to try and pull as much mythril as I can for lucky draws/40-draws. I mean, cripes, there's only so much free mythril in the game, guys... and some of it you put absurd difficulties in front of.

Yep. III: 1/3 - Onion Knight USB3.

Going to try and mine as much dungeon mythril as I can for the event, but sooner or later we're going to run out...

You have time to do the realm draws later. The luckies are 24 hours.

40 draws are free. Very little mythril is gated behind hard content, pretty much just the monthly magicite mission

Fry wrote: Β»
    40 draws are free. Very little mythril is gated behind hard content, pretty much just the monthly magicite mission

There's also 1 mythril per stage in the Torments, including the hardest one. But that's not a whole lot.

Oh wow. Daily draw handed me Maria's Arcane Overstrike!

That is, I think, the strongest result I've yet got off of the daily draw; that's amazing. Now I really want to take another run at King Behemoth; I want to see what happens when I throw Rinoa and Maria at him with their new toys.

Daily hit: thancred burst...3, I guess? Earth ninja.

Re: artifacts, apparently the type-0 and III daggers are good relics for mnd and mag, respectively, which have nearly universal usage.

I got the t0 one, and with 4 crystals (so level 25) it's already my highest mnd weapon.

I already have the Relic versions of those (Desch USB and Rem OSB), so I’m hesitant to go get them.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    I already have the Relic versions of those (Desch USB and Rem OSB), so I’m hesitant to go get them.

The difference is pretty huge and it's not like you need an elemental boost on your healer weap at least.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    I'm waffling on picking up those artifacts (MND and MAG daggers). The versions with element boosts will have even more stats.

Fry wrote: Β»
    I'm waffling on picking up those artifacts (MND and MAG daggers). The versions with element boosts will have even more stats.

I already went all in. Besides the 5 ATK dagger they give you, I grabbed the 0 MND one and 3 MAG one, and bumped all three up to 50/50. No regrets.

Maytag wrote: Β»

The difference is pretty huge and it's not like you need an elemental boost on your healer weap at least.

I absolutely want that elemental boost on the Ogarnyxes. Considering that I also use it when I bust out the Holy Magic team.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: Β»

I absolutely want that elemental boost on the Ogarnyxes. Considering that I also use it when I bust out the Holy Magic team.

The 0 dagger is a bonus if you have Rem OSB already. If you don't, then it's a massive improvement for your healer.

Still no progress on manticore. Tried Madeen for a change but not doing much damage there. Seifer chain makes Vayne the wrong damage. Guess I’m stalled till anniversary.

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.