As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I know some people really like the cyborgs, but I'd be fine with them being relegated to background fodder. That stage does look awesome, though.

Ceno on
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I love that noob is in, but I can't stand that voice. I find it legitimately difficult to understand

WingedWeasel on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I love that noob is in, but I can't stand that voice. I find it legitimately difficult to understand

You played HotS, its Arthas' voice.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung officially confirmed.

Also, a DLC character.

Seems odd as he's always been a mainstay of the series.

No-Quarter wrote: »

You played HotS, its Arthas' voice.

I found this one worse. The short trailer with raiden I had to listen to multiple times to understand wtf noob was saying

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Small clip of some cutscenes

https://youtu.be/bRbFloJNxpw
    Looks like the Tekunin are in, in some form

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Those cutscenes are why I want another Mortal Kombat action game.

Several of the top comments on that video basically boil down to “just make Fire & Ice already”

There’s been some speculation that the krypt could be a shaolin monks-esque minigame. I don’t know how much water that holds, but it would be pretty awesome.

Speaking of the Krypt,

https://youtu.be/8XuFBYeyBps

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Joolander wrote: »
    Speaking of the Krypt,

I can't help but think that video looks entirely too stable and well framed to have been captured by a phone or other recording device from the audience.
    So, I wonder, did NR include the applause track in the actual video itself?

see317 on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    By God, I want a Lo Pan outfit for Shang Tsung.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Speaking of the Krypt,

I can't help but think that video looks entirely too stable and well framed to have been captured by a phone or other recording device from the audience.
    So, I wonder, did NR include the applause track in the actual video itself?

Pretty sure that's just cut from the stream, when I tuned in it had those blown out audio problems

liEt3nH.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Krypt,

https://youtu.be/8XuFBYeyBps

I hope his kustomisation options include his MK1 blue robes.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I wonder who the character is walking up to him in the krypt. And dare I hope for some sort of 3rd person action gameplay in it? With all this awesome framing it would be a shame if it was just walking on rails again

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    It would be really interesting to see what kind of adventure minigame they could add into MK11. The main game looks so blazingly high end. I’d love to see them try.

Yeah honestly it's a lot to ask to have the kind of massive extra mini game I'm hoping for given how feature rich the rest of the game is, but it would put it over the edge into legendary territory

What if the krypt has an arcade in it and in the arcade are more Mortal Kombat games

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    What if the krypt has an arcade in it and in the arcade are more Mortal Kombat games

Not beyond the realm of possibility to have say MK1 in there somewhere. Doom 2016 had snippets of Doom 1 and 2 in it, and Wolfenstein TNO has Wolf 3D in it.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. In the live stream today they shot down the idea of releasing the classic MK arcade games on current gen systems, specifically because the arcade boards are hard to emulate and they don't have resources to spare to do it justice.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I wonder who the character is walking up to him in the krypt. And dare I hope for some sort of 3rd person action gameplay in it? With all this awesome framing it would be a shame if it was just walking on rails again

Looks kind of like a young Erron Black, but maybe that's just because of the hair color plus mask.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    I'm hoping it's a mildly customisable player character

Iblis wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »

Looks kind of like a young Erron Black, but maybe that's just because of the hair color plus mask.

...You know, I can’t find it right now for some reason, but I could have sworn that Erron Black was originally hired by Shang Tsung somehow. So that could link up.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    It was his arcade ending in MKX. If I recall correctly, it was revealed in his ending that he originally was hired by Shang Tsung to murder a troublesome competitor in the tournament and was paid with magic that slowed his aging. If I recall, he ended up hanging on as an assassin and enforcer for Shang after that and that's how he eventually ended up in Outworld and working for Kotal.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    Finally got around to watching the Noob Saibot video.

Those portals and repeats made my brain hurt just watching it. Playing as/against him is going to be a nightmare.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. In the live stream today they shot down the idea of releasing the classic MK arcade games on current gen systems, specifically because the arcade boards are hard to emulate and they don't have resources to spare to do it justice.

But...

hqdefault.jpg

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited March 2019

But...

hqdefault.jpg

That was never released for current gen systems and they don't have the resources to make it happen.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited March 2019
    Edit: Oops, double post.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    This isn't anything specific but I'm spoilering this anyway-a quick shot I just noticed in the story trailer of ostensibly Shao Kahn's entrance into the plot:
    r9b7b12ezvpw.png

I'm just marveling at the character work on the extras. Like, they're probably all random mooks, but could you really tell? Everyone's got a unique attention to detail in their outfits. This isn't like the faceless Osh-Tekk soldiers in MKX at all.

Even from the last entry, everything is looking like a huge jump up in production quality.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I hope they explain what happened to Takeda and Kung Jin(nny Yong Bosch). And I hope they're okay.

I mean. The MK team holds onto ALL that stuff. Takeda and Kung Jin were very, very good ideas, so I imagine there’s a plan for em.

I mean. The MK team holds onto ALL that stuff. Takeda and Kung Jin were very, very good ideas, so I imagine there’s a plan for em.

DLC

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

But...

hqdefault.jpg

That was never released for current gen systems and they don't have the resources to make it happen.

But they emulated them already, is what I'm saying. Can they not use that somehow*?
    * When/if explaining, pretend I'm an idiot when it comes to something like how running an emulator across different platforms works, because I pretty much am.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    I’m sure there’s at least one really good article somewhere online about the ill-fated attempt to recreate the original MK, but HD, with new actors and everything.

Even with all the technical improvements for recording and manipulating video, maybe they lost the methods to the ages to do it efficiently enough to be eminently affordable.

But...

hqdefault.jpg

But they emulated them already, is what I'm saying. Can they not use that somehow*?
    * When/if explaining, pretend I'm an idiot when it comes to something like how running an emulator across different platforms works, because I pretty much am.

I assume they would need to build new emulators from scratch, but I will take their word for it that they don't have the resources available to work on such a project. I mean the Netherrealm guy talking about it shut the idea down pretty hard. Watch the Q&A session from the C2E2 event.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Some new gameplay and story stuff was shown on the Playstation stream today.

Confirmed Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Jax as playable.

MK11 Switch is supposed to be playable at PAX East. I'm 80% expecting a dumpster fire. Guess we will find out soon!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Dumpster fire would be the Gameboy ports of the 3 MK games (how'd they even get up to MK3 on that?)

I'm expecting the Switch version to be mostly fine. A quality drop, for sure, but severe or drastic? Lacking in features/sounds/characters/videos? Probably not.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The PlayStation trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbMqcFvtMN8

Also has a quick shot of nondead Kitana.