As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I remember having a similar problem with Axel and Giglamesh chain, particularly since my other boosts were equal ATK/MAG. Switching up my Magicite deck to have more Magic Boons helped with that (I have a King Bomb that has a second MAG boon equipped).

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Still no progress on manticore. Tried Madeen for a change but not doing much damage there. Seifer chain makes Vayne the wrong damage. Guess I’m stalled till anniversary.

Did you take a shot at Mateus?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Got my first 99 Madeen. That's enough for today, I think :)

E: what's the recommended inheritance here? One with two ATK, one with two MAG, one with two HP?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    I personally currently have one with ATK and Crit Chance (inherited from Evrae) and one with MAG and Fast Act.

But that's just my current option. I'm probably gonna try to make another one with MAG and MND, for Ark.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Still no progress on manticore. Tried Madeen for a change but not doing much damage there. Seifer chain makes Vayne the wrong damage. Guess I’m stalled till anniversary.

I did not. What would you recommend there?
    I'm feeling bad for honing so much and not getting the victory.
    Feels like Onion *usb is needed for quick anything.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I really need to build a team that can take on the 5* Fire magicites (Phoenix & Belias) without any water chains.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If you move quickly I think you can do Belias with radiant shield, 1-2 dps and some last standing at least until the nerf comes.
    Phoenix, if you don't have water chain do you have tidus USB yuffie instant cast imperil bartz anything?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Taking some time to craft up a run at Nightmare CPU. I have four Dancers ready to go- three 5-star (Penelo, Tyro, Elarra) and one 4-star (Yuffie). I have the eggs to get one more character to level, and I'm having to sort through the records by hand because the FFRK strategy site doesn't let you sort by job, apparently. So I'm on my way to either find a fifth Dancer or just train up another medic to take care of business (if I don't just give Elarra her Ultra and let her double as the group's medic).

Let's see... Aria might be nice, as I have all her SBs, but she's only Dancer 4. Lenna's Dancer 4, but I just have her USB2. Mog's 5, and I have his USB2.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Taking some time to craft up a run at Nightmare CPU. I have four Dancers ready to go- three 5-star (Penelo, Tyro, Elarra) and one 4-star (Yuffie). I have the eggs to get one more character to level, and I'm having to sort through the records by hand because the FFRK strategy site doesn't let you sort by job, apparently. So I'm on my way to either find a fifth Dancer or just train up another medic to take care of business (if I don't just give Elarra her Ultra and let her double as the group's medic).

Characters with support 5 for breakdowns will probably work better than dancers, cause they can actually do damage. And they will have synergy! Just need to manually aim your attacks.

One way to figure out who can use the abilities you care about is to press and hold on the ability. There should then be a button to see who can equip it.

• Options
    Ah. I was thinking dancer because dancer abilities hit all, and then I could drop some hammers when I crash the thing and knock it down, plus it saves me from taking a couple of seconds to aim and therefore risking a node reinforcing a barrier when I can't counteract it.

Let me work up a sample party to see what you guys think, maybe we'll go from there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Are you playing on speed 1 for these? It shouldn't restore things that fast.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah, this strat's going back to the drawing board. On the plus side, I got his nodes to go berserk twice, but my damage, on the other hand, was pretty much nil. I blew most of my wad and my stored Elarra USB on taking down the first set of nodes, and eventually just ran out of steam on the second phase, it got off Nightmare Quad Foul, and that was it.

This shouldn't be this hard, but I guess I'm like that guy who can't figure out which way is up with this fight. I mean, you guys beat it, so it's doable, but... this fight is just my weak spot, I suppose.

Here's my setup, feel free to pound holes in it:

xfvlJUr.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Got my first 99 Madeen. That's enough for today, I think :)

E: what's the recommended inheritance here? One with two ATK, one with two MAG, one with two HP?

I posted some musings a few pages ago. It depends. I really like https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/anyjwf/the_future_of_magicites_math_inheritance_and_decks/

as far as guides go.

I did not. What would you recommend there?
    I'm feeling bad for honing so much and not getting the victory.
    Feels like Onion *usb is needed for quick anything.

Mobile at the moment, but
    Dedicated Imperiler, probably Burnt offering/heat snipe
    Party boostga
    Elarra USB
    Chain fire ability/steal defense
    Best fire dps

I managed to kill it with Krile, and you have Locke iirc? Do you have any fire aosbs? Phase 3 is kind of rough.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    FF3: Cloud of Darkness, OSB. Everdark. Massive Dark/NE to one Target.

LMR 1/11.
    Spirit Ring, Aria, Legend Materia. Small chance for White Magic to increase Healing a Large Amount.

Edit: Oh wow, I just realized that the LMR banner was... probably a mistake. Thought it was 4th Anniversary 1, but that's still days away.

KiTA on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm normally a simple man, but even I gotta refrain from drawing on the LMR lucky this time. The pool is like 250 relics deep and I've already gotten at least half of the ones I really wanted due to more focused banners and selects.

• Options
    Leila Burst dupe. Ah well.

• Options
    Mineu burst/3 which means I've got a complete minwu minus his healing ultra.

Which is great, but this realm is the one I most needed a 6* weapon in.

• Options
    Push comes to shove, you could pick up a II Artifact when the time comes.

• Options
    Got a first win vs madeen with cougar USB, Vayne USB, Raines BSB, Seifer chain, Elarra USB. Very inconsistent though. One time I skipped the phase 2 stop, lol. Think I might retool and put Tyrone in for the cougar.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Minwu w-cast LMR. Ah well, it's new at least.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, this strat's going back to the drawing board. On the plus side, I got his nodes to go berserk twice, but my damage, on the other hand, was pretty much nil. I blew most of my wad and my stored Elarra USB on taking down the first set of nodes, and eventually just ran out of steam on the second phase, it got off Nightmare Quad Foul, and that was it.

This shouldn't be this hard, but I guess I'm like that guy who can't figure out which way is up with this fight. I mean, you guys beat it, so it's doable, but... this fight is just my weak spot, I suppose.

xfvlJUr.png

Is this one of the fights you can break with Sephiroth's BSB?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Minwu w-cast LMR. Ah well, it's new at least.

Oh wait, he has two LMR, too

• Options
    He needs them.

• Options
    I can’t think of anything useful in II or I other than for torments. Bring on fest banners!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I can’t think of anything useful in II or I other than for torments. Bring on fest banners!

Chains?

Minwu's offensive USB is pretty great.

• Options
    Firion brave and arcane are good, Maria stuff is good, there are some good Ultras in ff1 in addition to the chains, though the newest stuff won't be there

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm waiting on tomorrow to pull for some tech on FF1. I'm actually surprised how many good SBs I have for II so I'm cool there. I should try to clear the last few Record Dungeons I haven't yet for mythril. I think I'm definitely skipping Banner 1. I'm kinda tempted on Banner 2 for Alphinaud's Wind Chain.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2019

xfvlJUr.png

You have very little offense, you do need to actually kill stuff. Multiple multi break doesn't stack, so I would lose one of those. Same goes for the duplicate smash tango and enfeebling jitterbug, lose the dupes.

Also you probably don't want Rydia to have two summons, after you've killed the nodes once you don't want to kill them again, so switch one of her summons for black magic. Your RMs are very suspect, Penelo and yuffie can definitely do better, and probably Rydia too. Someone should have mako might, probably Tyro. RW should probably be something that boosts Atk and mag, there are a lot of good choices. The RW should also provide haste if you only have Tyros sentinel grimoire, if you have Divine veil you have more options.

If you happen to own a copy of full charge, I remember that the timing to alternate full charge and multi break works perfectly to keep the nodes berserk in phase 2, so that would be a good tyro loadout.

Fry on
  • Options
    Is there a chain in 2? I have Maria junk.

Manticore I feel like hits more often than Phoenix. So much damage. Tried bringing god wall and entrusting to Elarra but she can’t keep up with healing. It’s just relentless damage. Maybe gyro and Relm or Penelope to dodge some attacks.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Is there a chain in 2? I have Maria junk.

Manticore I feel like hits more often than Phoenix. So much damage. Tried bringing god wall and entrusting to Elarra but she can’t keep up with healing. It’s just relentless damage. Maybe gyro and Relm or Penelope to dodge some attacks.

Manticore has instant follow-up attacks after several of his actions, but the follow-ups are pretty weak, so they're free SB gauge IMO

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Manticore is an asshole with how often he hits. Combo and Savage Combo (which have 0 cast time) seem designed to say "Fuck you, you're not removing Rage for any amount of time."

Which, in retrospect, means that I probably should've been using Liquid Flame or Firemane, instead of Phoenix. Phoenix heals on summon, which is nice, but breaking rage is just not a thing that helps that much vs Manticore.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Yeah but all the savage whatever
    In phase two seem to come close enough together that I need to Elarra usb every turn. If I stop to Curaga or something someone dies or loses last stand which is essentially death since she doesn’t have enough casting time to recast bsb.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Fun, firion lmr. Except this is from his short ice phase, and the only items I have are for his holy phase.

Firion is fucking stupid.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think Elarra is probably not the best healer for Manticore. He loves Sap, which is mutually exclusive with Regenga.

• Options
    Hmm maybe if I use Rosa and entrust from tyro I can skip all the haste removing?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Rosa USB seems real good for that fight, yeah

• Options
    Poking at XIII torment.

I can't even stay alive with two healers o_O

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    II: 1/3, disco. Maria OSB, which is still nice if only for the +10 MAG.

• Options
    Finished sharding the weapons I wanted to. Still have to do armors.

I think I fucked up when deleting rows from my spreadsheet and nuked some armor rows.

WHOOPS.

• Options
    We still haven't gotten full banners yet, right? Just the headliners.

This discussion has been closed.