As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Speaking of Intie Dash, the cool down mechanics on it are odd behaving.

Hold the button down and you get 3 dashes, every time.
    Try and space out when you use the dashes in any way and it may as well be random if you can dash or not.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Seems the original PS4 crew has kinda bounced off the game for the time being, which is cool, it happens, but as I currently just have 2 people showing alliance rewards, I've sent off another half dozen or so invites to people who must have signed up on the list after I fired off the first round.

I got this last night, thanks! I've dialed down my playtime a bit since I've seemingly gotten through all of the original/unique content (save for a couple bugged conversations). Until more content drops I'm mainly popping in a couple times a week/weekends to run a few missions.

Unrelated, I dipped my toes into trying out the Interceptor after playing nothing but Storm since launch. It felt super weird so that's gonna take me a little while to get used to, especially since I'm still mainly using Storm.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    So, now that I’m getting enough epic amber to make all the epic consumables I want, are my prodigious and growing stocks of rare and uncommon amber just ...cruft?

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Speaking of Intie Dash, the cool down mechanics on it are odd behaving.

Hold the button down and you get 3 dashes, every time.
    Try and space out when you use the dashes in any way and it may as well be random if you can dash or not.

Never seemed random to me. Once a dash ends, the cooldown starts on when you can dash again. That first dash can be 1, 2, or 3 chains, doesn't matter, but once it ends, then you have to wait.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Also I got a MW Flak Cannon and thought I would try it out. Why does this item exist? Why would you ever choose it over literally any other thing for this slot? I feel like I’m fundamentally missing something about how it works or is meant to work?

_
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    So, now that I’m getting enough epic amber to make all the epic consumables I want, are my prodigious and growing stocks of rare and uncommon amber just ...cruft?

You can stack the epic, rare, and uncommon versions of the same consumable

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    is there a quick, non-obvious way to get the three javelin repairs for this challenge? I've just been bumming around freeplay but nobody seems to stay in their body for long

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also I got a MW Flak Cannon and thought I would try it out. Why does this item exist? Why would you ever choose it over literally any other thing for this slot? I feel like I’m fundamentally missing something about how it works or is meant to work?

Yeah I have no idea, flak cannons feel super underpowered compared to literally anything else.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    is there a quick, non-obvious way to get the three javelin repairs for this challenge? I've just been bumming around freeplay but nobody seems to stay in their body for long

Find npcs sentinels specifically in freeplay will go down. You don't have access to strongholds yet do you? One stronghold would get you that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    If you have any contracts from Sentinel Brin, run those, because they often have Sentinels in them.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah I have no idea, flak cannons feel super underpowered compared to literally anything else.

Agreed, there was a while I was getting a string of the Masterwork Black Powder flack cannons before I got my Legendary Solvent Green. Anecdotally the only thing I can see them being used is an extra shotgun blast to tear down armored enemies and to boost shotgun damage as I noticed was consistently getting +shotgun damage bonuses on them. Other than that yeah, they're pretty terribad.

In other news, I think I hit my limit for this game until some new content drops or they make drops more reliable. I'm almost 700 power, but I'm basically stuck with no legendaries for the last week fo play. Granted that mainly consisted of me doing the three legendary contracts and about 1-3 stronghold runs per evening all at GM2, but even with all of that, I still have gotten nothing but sidegrade masterwork components and tons of trash purple and blues. I now see what a lot of folks in reddit are screaming about, the feeling of ironman'ing and dakka'ing it up just can only take you so far, especially now that all I can do in GM2 is combo slam everything to death and my MW autocannons are useless, even with the +175% damage roll I have on my strall.

I mean I definitely got my money's worth out of the game I think, just kinda sad it's fizzled out so quickly I guess. Here's hoping some new stuff drops soon. Might give the division 2 a try since a lot of good stuff is coming from that.

Thegreatcow on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Gork wrote: »
    Okay, slogged through a GM3 legendary contract. No legendary. Definitely not worth the time investment.

Legendary contracts in general seem pretty shithouse for drops. Been running them on GM2 for about a week and averaging 2 MW drops every 3 contracts. Just all around not worth.

I think it's a case of:
    not always getting a good drop rate enemy (will sometimes have legendary fury/luminary/ursix but not always)
    no chests (except the rare occasion of having an arcanist vault)
    lots of the enemies tend to be infinte spawns

Yarrow's tends to be worst of the lot. Ends on an outlaw fight half the time which means no good drop rate enemy.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    If you have any contracts from Sentinel Brin, run those, because they often have Sentinels in them.

Bel and I just constantly bag on the sentinels when we're in missions with Brin. Yelling YOU USELESS FUCKS, DAMNIT SENTINEL YOU'RE TRYING TO TANK AN ENFORCER YOURSELF.

Brin, your sentinels are trash! What are they even doing way the fuck out here? There's 6000 skorps in this nest and you sent three rookies!

Wait, Did he just tell me to watch my flank?!? Don't you yell tactics at me you trainee fuck! You heard that shit on Dawnguard, don't try and fuck with us. Go on, explain that shit I dare you: what is a flank? Point to your flank!

Well? I fucking thought so. Shut up and throw more ice grenades, we have business to take care of.

• Options
    ever since we realized that the sentinels could die if you ignore them long enough, we make saving them high priority but also we are very fuckin salty about it

• Options
    Played today with the Chunky Boi hoping for Legendary Colossus components.
    Legendary drops!
    Interceptor component...
    A bit later, another Legendary drops!
    Storm component...

I want to shout GODDAMMIT but I’m grateful that Legendaries dropped at all this week for me...

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Bel and I just constantly bag on the sentinels when we're in missions with Brin. Yelling YOU USELESS FUCKS, DAMNIT SENTINEL YOU'RE TRYING TO TANK AN ENFORCER YOURSELF.

Brin, your sentinels are trash! What are they even doing way the fuck out here? There's 6000 skorps in this nest and you sent three rookies!

Wait, Did he just tell me to watch my flank?!? Don't you yell tactics at me you trainee fuck! You heard that shit on Dawnguard, don't try and fuck with us. Go on, explain that shit I dare you: what is a flank? Point to your flank!

Well? I fucking thought so. Shut up and throw more ice grenades, we have business to take care of.

I don't know if it's intentional but it definitely feels like there's a subtext of 'there's a reason these pilots stay in the forts while the lancers are out doing real shit'

good advice about using them to get the revivies though, I think I got all three revives in about thirty seconds

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Sometimes these fuckin Sentinels will be like "Maybe I could be a freelancer someday" and we're like NOT REALLY

but then we go on a mission for Yarrow later and the freelancer didn't make it, and Bel is always "man, fuckin sentinel, we told you not to..."

• Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Sometimes these fuckin Sentinels will be like "Maybe I could be a freelancer someday" and we're like NOT REALLY

but then we go on a mission for Yarrow later and the freelancer didn't make it, and Bel is always "man, fuckin sentinel, we told you not to..."

There's a late story mission.
    I think it's the last Mathias mission, where you show up to the last objective and a bunch of sentinels are waiting for you and Brin comes on the radio and says something to the effect of "hey freelancer, i pulled some strings and got these sentinels to assist you." And I think it's supposed to be a sentimental moment with freelancers and sentinels coming together but instead my reaction is awww no brin, all you've done is given me a bunch of revive objectives is what you did.

• Options
    Brin's legendary missions also always throw you all over fuck and back. Today she was in fine form with like 5 total objectives and flying (two beacon repairs, a regular one, and then find a spy) I think she hates me.

Where as Mathias always has lay up "Why am I even here?" type stuff, yarrow is a mix between the two.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Legendary drops!
    Interceptor component...
    Storm component...

I want to shout GODDAMMIT but I’m grateful that Legendaries dropped at all this week for me...

Barring weapons, the few Legendaries I've gotten have all been for frames other than the one I was currently in. It's a small sample size for sure, but it is super frustrating and annoying.

Cobell on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Cobell wrote: »
    Legendary drops!
    Interceptor component...
    Storm component...

Barring weapons, the few Legendaries I've gotten have all been for frames other than the one I was currently in. It's a small sample size for sure, but it is super frustrating and annoying.

They said in the upcoming patch they are fixing this. They always intended that to happen but the rate is higher then they wanted.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    There's a glitch when crafting consumables where the icons for some consumables get switched, it's confusing and annoying. Also let me make more than 1 consumable at a time ffs

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Boris Johnson as Jesus? Why not, I was wondering how this all could get more stupid

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Uhh bro... anthem ain't brexit wally.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Uhh bro... anthem ain't brexit wally.

A few weeks ago I did the same thing and accidently posted my Anthem problems in the Brexit thread

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I used to get legendsries all the time, but since the update I get hardly any. For the last 5 days I've been playing like 6 hours a day on gm2 and haven't got anything.

At this point I'm pretty much salvaging all my MWs since I'm drowning in the fucking things

Prohass on
  • Options
    I have only seen six masterwork weapon archetypes in total. I have five Elemental Rages, five Papa Pumps, and four Avenging Heralds. I got my Colossus up to Masterwork, so I took my Storm out on a couple of Hard runs to see if I could start to gear it up. The first Masterwork I got was ...a strictly-worse roll on a Colossus component I already had. I mean, RNG gonna R but yikes?

_
  • Options
    Well hard specifically has less mw's than gm1.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well hard specifically has less mw's than gm1.
    True, but what I found amusing/annoying was switching from my “fully-geared” Javelin to one that has only epics and two universal MW components, thinking I shouldn’t waste other people’s time in GM1 until I have at least a Seal or something, and being rewarded for my civic-mindedness with a component for the fully-geared Javelin still cooling down in its garage space - and one that I didn’t even end up wanting as an upgrade.

_
  • Options
    Eh at this point most people in gm1 are just dicking around/doing dailies you aren't wasting anyones time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Yeah trust me gm1 is where you should go as soon as youre able

And don't worry about wasting peoples time, on gm2 I've seen people stand where the boss jumps in tyrant mine and get killed. This has happened more than I can count. He jumps in the same spot every time

Also spookily literally the first world event I did after I complained about not getting any legendsries dropped a legendary. It was a death from above marksman rifle that I probably won't use but eh beggars can't be choosers

Prohass on
  • Options
    We just got a Yarrow mission where we were supposed to rescue some sentinels, big fuckin surprise right? omg.

So we open one of the cell doors, right? Then fight fight fight, we win. Go back to that area and there's two guys standing in the cell now.

what did you idiots think you were doing?!?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Phew, have a busy day tomorrow, so I got Tier 10 out of the way early.

Does anyone know why some people have red bars instead of orange ones, and seem to be rated lower than their tier number suggests?

Is it because they were added 'during' the week's Alliance tracking? Because I have people at 9 who are giving the same coins as other friends at 8.

No big deal either way, but it's an odd inconsistency and I thought someone else might have noticed it at some point.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    “Outlaws are attacking a strider. How heartless.”

Outlaws are people who are banished from the walls and forced to live in the wild.
    Who’s the heartless one now?

“Outlaws are robbing the graves of freelancers for tools and equipment”

Yarrow, which nincompoop buries people with tools and equipment?
    I’d guess weapons and javelins are pretty expensive stuff.

I really don’t like Yarrow...

• Options
    the writing in this game is really wacky; like sometimes the NPCs are clearly meant to be serious and sometimes they're being played for laughs... and it's not always clear which is which

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Low stakes mission narrative framing and dialogue always bugs me in all games. "Hey Player Character, go kill 50 people so I can make a salad since they stole my tomatoes"

Prohass on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Do Masterworks apply to both weapons, or just the one equipped?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Do Masterworks apply to both weapons, or just the one equipped?
    If the icon before the bonus is a person, then it’s applied everywhere; if it is a cog/gear, it’s applied to the MW itself.

That makes quite a difference for +Gear Dmg stuff, as you can get the modifier twice, but one with the cog and the other with the person icon.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Man like 5 days of playing and 2 legendaries, one of which was a duplicate. It's feeling extra stingy lately. I have pretty much optimised all my javelins with MWs, so I don't need any more, just salvaging everything I pick up is getting tiresome

Prohass on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I've been doing 1-2 GM2 strongholds per day and 1-3 legendary contracts and have had zero legendaries since I got two in one well over a week ago. In that time I've been trying to masterwork my Storm which still hasn't happened. I'm constantly getting rerolls of things I already have, and rarely anything new. Might be time to start playing other classes for a change of pace and to start gearing them up now.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika