As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I got Alma USB and Eiko bUSB. I assume eikos is at least good, and Alma's seems good in certain niches.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Lion USB / Dupe Vaan USB
    I'll take it!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Sigh. Dupe garland osb, and the dupe luneth usb2 and seifer usb1.

Having a day

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FF2: Scott Legend Materia, Demon Shield. Start battle with EnFire

OSB Lucky: Balthier, Arcturus. Massive Fire + NE to one target.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So if you click festival than airship you go to missions that cost zero stamina but give Magia...

Do any of them have less than a ton of stuff to skip through?

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    So if you click festival than airship you go to missions that cost zero stamina but give Magia...

Do any of them have less than a ton of stuff to skip through?

I'm just gonna keep playing the Don Corneo one over and over because that shit'll never get old.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I draw: Garland LMR. Aww, butts. New at least.

USB draw: Sazh USB, Sarah USB, Eiko Bubsy

All new. Nice.

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Jump Rope to 40 seems fine, took a couple tries but I don't really need 3 or 4* motes so I'm good at stopping at Vivi's USB2

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Lucky draw: Locke BUSB, dupe Pecil USB
    Locke is pretty good and may see use on torment. I'd use it on magicite but I think Balthier's BSB/OSB combo is better.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Varg wrote: »
    Jump Rope to 40 seems fine, took a couple tries but I don't really need 3 or 4* motes so I'm good at stopping at Vivi's USB2

Yeah, got 41 hops.

As for the actual soul break:

ATK/MAG buff to the party, Hastega, and a 2000 HP stock effect.

Not bad. Super useful for the IX torment, I'm sure.

LOL, I guess the Edge USB0 meme is official now.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, up to 8 Typhon, and 3 of the last 4 are sub-30. 4 more to go at some point.

I am really hurting for VIT motes, but duck getting to 100 jumps

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    FF1 draw gave me Garland's arcane. I'm torn on the USB draw. I have 350 mythril ready for the fest banners, but is 25 still a good investment for a guaranteed usb?

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeeeeeeees...if it helps @Artereis

My lucky pull (Ace USB) was what I needed to finally beat Torment D280. I mean, you never know, that SB might be what you just needed to clear content you were struggling with.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Artereis wrote: »
    FF1 draw gave me Garland's arcane. I'm torn on the USB draw. I have 350 mythril ready for the fest banners, but is 25 still a good investment for a guaranteed usb?

At the very least, I'd advocate waiting until the 2 free draws dropping in about 2 hours, just in case you get something that makes you not want the USB draw anymore.

Woo, 42 jumps on the third try. Done with that.

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    look at steiner's feet

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    RoP summary:

T-0 - Ace LMR2 (+fire armor)
    T - Orlandeau OSB (+holy sword, dupe)
    XV - Aranea BSB (+lightning armor)
    XIV - Minfilia USB (+holy sword)
    XIII - Sazh USB
    XII - Balthier USB1
    XI - Curilla BSB
    X - Yuna BSB1 (dupe, lol)
    IX - Kuja OSB (+dark rod)
    VIII - Zell LMR2
    VII - Yuffie Glint (dupe)
    VI - Strago LMR2
    V - Krile Glint
    IV - Edward BSB (dupe)
    III - Ingus USB (+earth axe)
    II - Maria OSB
    I - Garland Glint (dupe)

12/17 were new, which is nice. 6/17 were non-RS +element (started out strong but tapered off by the end). 7/17 were 6* - not sure where that stands compared to the average.

Arcana dungeon looks like it probably drops three or four majors per run, unless you get lucky with gigantaurs. Doesn't drop any smaller ones. Might be a reasonable place to put the bulk of your feast tickets, particularly if you're just getting started on magicite. If you have an easy 5* fight on farm though, each ticket is less than one run, so less appealing in that case. There's always the sanity cost to consider, though.

I mean I need Black Crystals. On the other hand I seriously cannot farm more Magicite Fights for leveling purposes.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Arcana dungeon looks like it probably drops three or four majors per run, unless you get lucky with gigantaurs. Doesn't drop any smaller ones. Might be a reasonable place to put the bulk of your feast tickets, particularly if you're just getting started on magicite. If you have an easy 5* fight on farm though, each ticket is less than one run, so less appealing in that case. There's always the sanity cost to consider, though.

The smaller ones cost a lot more Gil to use anyway, I try not to use them too much. Haven't analyzed it but I read it could empty your gil coffers quite quickly.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yo, it's go time everyone. Good luck to all!

40 draw: 6/40 (5 discos!): Strago En-water LMR, Hauchefant USB, Barret USB, Pecil USB1, Krile Arcane, Firion Arcane. No friggin' dupes!

Edit: 8 draw - Elarra LMR (Dupe), tiny bee (dupe), Fang BSB2 (dupe) Reno LMR, Snow LMR, Rinoa BSB, Zidane BSB, Balthier Arcane. Not a bad haul!

Elderlycrawfish on
    3/40 2 disco's, but I'm not about to complain as I got Vivi usb, Setzer usb and Master Burst.

Then I pulled Edgar AOSB on the 8 draw along with the good Sazh BSB, Kefka LMR, Ricard LMR (lol), Vivi Bsb1, Meia glint and Selphie glint. Super happy with Edgar AOSB, that animation is awesome.

Manticore is going down this evening!

Pretty happy right now. like happy happy.

40 Pull:

Celes BSB2
    Quistis BSB
    Kimahri USB - Water Radiant Shield
    Iris USB - Instant Heal, Reraise, Hastega (Have BSB + wcast LMR)
    Noctis USB2 - Have his USB, OSB, AOSB, SSB
    Tyro USB4 - Oh. Hello You <3

8 Pull:
    Zidane BSB - Have USB1/OSB/LMR1
    Meia Glint - Glad to have another Meia thing - Have her LMR and OSB
    Hope BSB1 - Sure, I have BSB2/USB already!
    Ricard LMR - New but not using him with his BSB to begin with and this won't change
    Galuf LMR - EnEarth and I have 2 BSB, SSB and another LMR
    Ursula LMR - wCast Monk and I have her BSB
    Matoya BSB - FF1 is always lackluster and I don't pull on FF1 banners so welcome to the potential roster :)
    Krile ASB - +Fire Armor is great but I only have her old BSB - still happy!

Can't believe we both pulled both Meia glint and Ricard lmr.

Trusty Ricard, warming the back bench forever

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Let's see here... just what free stuff am I getting dropped on me...?

8-draw:

Tifa AOSB! 3 massive physical earth attacks aren't anything to sneeze at.
    Tyro LMR3 - Begin battle with no delay on my first two Tyro actions. Oh yes, you will see lots of use, oh yes.
    Refia LMR3 - well, crystal fodder is crystal fodder.
    Rydia LMR3 - Oh, another Rydia item? Oh yes please, thank you!
    Morrow BSB - well, I didn't have a lot for this realm, so yay.
    Ramza BSB2 - well, it's either a level-max up or crystal fodder.
    Jecht BSB2 - well, I didn't have it, so yay.
    Refia BSB - Again, don't have it so it'll fill a hole on the roster.

40-draw: 11/40, 7 discos:

Tidus Chain: Well, this ought to cap off my water team. Between Tidus and Meia, water is pretty much in the bag now.
    Seymour Chain: I'm not going to say no to another dark chain, nope!
    Locke USB2: Love to see something like this alongside my Terra- following it up with her AOSB or a USB to really put on the damage.
    Tifa USB1: A dupe, but hey, it's a level up in a can!
    Iris USB: Hm, a large heal, a raise with moderate HP, group haste, and reduce delay of the user's next action. I can find a use for this, oh yes.
    Alphinaud USB1: Well, its wind damage, so it's still useful!
    Hope OSB: This completes my Hope apart from the two basic unique soul breaks he has.
    Balthier Glint: Well, still doesn't bring him into anything useful as I only have his AOSB.
    Alma LMR3 - Second dupe of the pull. Not really anything to do but make crystals out of it.
    Gogo (VI) LMR4 - Is Mimic even any good?
    Fang BSB2 - Well, I didn't have it, so there's that...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited March 2019
    40:
    Noctis LMR dupe
    WOL Burst
    Beatrix LMR (Cover, lol)
    Papalymo USB!
    Firion OSB
    Aerith USB1 dupe

8/8:
    Montblanc LMR dupe
    Aranea LMR dupe
    Quina LMR
    Marach LMR
    Fang Glint
    Noel BSB2
    Cloud of Darkness BSB2
    Shantotto Arcane Overstrike!

The most exciting pieces are the stuff for the shorties. Very nice for free.

Enlong on
    ok question, should I combine or shard my dupe Terra AOSB sword? It's +fire Elemental but now I'm not sure.

I didn't get a lot of exciting stuff. A lot of new Edward tech, Firion AOSB and Ignis USB were the highlights.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I’d use it till until you have something better; that’s a sweet sword.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    USB select: Sazh USB + Krile BUSB (both new)

8 and 40 pull: Oops! All Dupes!

I’d use it till until you have something better; that’s a sweet sword.

So... combine right? lol

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Do you have any other mages who can use swords? With rosettas that is currently my best mage weapon.

Here's what I got from the draws:
    Seifer BSB dark radiant shield
    Rinoa Overstrike Brave Usb Well back to not knowing which is better Rinoa or Serah ice chain.
    Krile Overstrike Brave USb Looks good. Don't have anything else for her, but maybe she bumps someone from Manticore?
    Faris Beryl Serpent BSB this is really old. +10ATK
    AEMO USB... Ah thank goodness I'll be all set for the beyond torment. not even instant cast. Lousy Beyond!
    Morrow BSB... Like a less useful Shelkie BSB... for beyond.
    Relm BSB Good but Dupe
    Prishe BSB Dupe
    Seifer tanking BSB Dupe
    Lion USB Dupe
    Yuffie Glint Dupe
    Vivi AOSB - Nice, but I think I need his USB to get him on the team.
    Refia Glint - This has more words than anything else in the game. This does something?
    Balthier Glint - Quick enfire, wish I had anything else for him.
    Edge LMR - Small chance to gain mirror image after ninja. Great! Just need his SSB.
    Shantotto LMR Dupe
    Relm LMR. Chance to give magic blink when hitting with single target white magic. This looks good but I wonder if I've passed the window where we can single target heal anymore.
    Kain LMR - More damage with dragoon with spear. Okay I guess. He gets a doublecast eventually.
    Vanille LMR - Chance to increase white magic healing a large amount after using a white magic ability? Not that exciting.
    Strago Water chain! I wonder if can sub 30 Belias by swapping Tidus to this old fuddy duddy?

I think this was very good although I passed Belias and I'm not sure if any of the non dupes will make the team.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited March 2019
    *looks it up*

Huh, Refia Glint is odd. Speeds up her next 2 turns, and gives her a Chase attack that builds up to a maximum of 6 hits after doing 3 Fire attacks under the Glint's mode.

Probably quite good if you have her Burst or Ultra for Enfire.

Enlong on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I got nothing of value and duped all the 6*s.

Fuck you game.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Not a great showing overall. Got WoLs USB on the select, and ALSO on the 40 pull. Got Squall’s AASB on the present draw, but the fire one, which I don’t care about. Other than that, Luneth’s auto-enWind LMR and Rem’s USB2 are the best gets.

edited March 2019
    AASB = awakening
    AOSB = arcane overstrike.

I think you got his AOSB because his AASB shouldn't be in the pool yet.

Testing the record dungeons for magia farming. I think the first IX mission is your best bet as its skip fight skip but they put a lot of annoying clicks after the battle to get back in. Also its just much slower. Fabul probably remains the best bet until you run out of stamina.

We probably won't have advance notice of fest banners ever again
    The reason we don't have the full lineups yet (and probably won't before the fest begins in earnest) is because DeNA used to upload certain images that were delineated in unique URLs by banner which made mining not too hard if you knew where to look. JP hasn't had these images uploaded at all for several fests, but global continued to upload them a few days before. As of this fest, however, these images were not uploaded along with the rest of the fest stuff (like the banner headers showing four of the relics). It makes sense because these images were not used in their standalone form, so they had no reason to upload them anyway. This is why we don't have a full lineups yet

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

8 draw:
    Lann burst (lol)
    Echo burst 3?
    Garland burst, which gives me a source of enDark for his chain
    pCecil burst 1
    Marcus burst
    Porom LMR
    Auron enFire LMR
    Lulu AOSB (which I only have an LMR for her, so this won't see use, but the +ice bracers sure will)

40:
    Palom burst dupe
    Cid (IV) burst
    Delita burst dupe (hell, this thing is reforged already)
    Setzer ultra
    Seifer CSB. Which is great, but is the only element I already have a gen2 :p

Not a bad haul for free

This discussion has been closed.