As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Super Robot Wars] SRW 30 Out Now! Shout Out Your Attacks! EXPANSION PACK Announced!

vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XXRegistered User regular
edited April 2022 in Games and Technology
You dig giant robots
I dig giant robots
We dig giant robots
Chicks dig giant robots

Welcome to a Super Robot Wars thread celebrating the release of Super Robot Wars 30 and the 30th anniversary of the series! Now with not only an official English release in Asia to import but an OFFICAL ENGLISH RELEASE WORLDWIDE! The mad men and women at Bandai Namco have done the impossible and somehow got this licensing nightmare released worldwide! Come and join us for all Super Robot Wars talk, whether it's the new SRW 30, or the previously released VXT trilogy, the Original Generations games, or any of the fan-translated (or non-translated even games). Related games like SD Gundam G Generations can hang here too.

0ubxwVk.jpg

11 Minute (Asian) English Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuPhoL8viKo

8 Minute Asian (English) 2nd Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QImjSweJeog

8 Minute Asian (English) 3rd Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWZqJHVi6k

DLC Pack 1 Trailer
DLC Pack 2 Trailer
Series List

Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Z Gundam
Z-MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam Char’s Counterattack
M-MSV
Mobile Suit V Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Narrative)
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
The Brave Police J-Decker
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL
The King of Kings: GaoGaiGar VS Betterman
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion III – Glorification
Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection
Getter Robo Armageddon
Mazinger Z: Infinity
Mazinkaiser (INFINITISM)
Magic Knight Rayearth
Majestic Prince
Knight’s & Magic
SSSS.GRIDMAN

DLC
Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V
Mobile Suit Gundam Char’s Counterattack Beltorchika's Children
Sakura Wars (Series)
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Ultraman
Super Robot Wars OG (Series)

Where can I buy the game?

PC:
- Steam Worldwide Release. Rejoice! For we finally have a mainline, licensed property, Super Robot Wars game released officially in the west with no importing needed!

PS4 & Switch:
- Physical copies can be bought from import stores like Play Asia
- PS4 Digital copies can be bought from the Singapore PSN Store. This is also where you'll buy your DLC for both the physicals and digital versions. Direct Link to the game.
- Switch Digital copies can be bought from the Japanese eShop. Again, this is also where you'll buy your DLC for both the physicals and digital versions. Direct Link to the game.
- You can buy foreign PSN/eShop currency from Play Asia and other import stores to get the digital versions or DLC.

Both systems are region free and allow multiple accounts of varying regions on the same system. You buy the game on your Singapore/HK account and then can play it on your main account. There are numerous guides online on how to do this. You will also need an account to input any preorder/first-print codes that come with your games if you get them physical.

Note that this is also how to purchase the previous four games in the series that were official released in English. Those being T, X, V, and Moon Dwellers. The VXT trilogy of games has fantastic localization.

As an addition to help in buying the older games:
- Singapore PSN Store SRW Search. All the titles are in English.
- Hong Kong eShop SRW Search. VXT are in English. 30 is not.
- Japanese eShop SRW Search. V and X are in English. T is not. The Premium Sound editions are not. 30 is in English.

I saw there was DLC for this game and a Deluxe and Ultimate version. What is that about?
- Preorders and First-Print purchasers get two bonus units from the OG and older titles early in the game. These are Ryusei and the SRX and Masaki in the Cybuster (or Cybaster). These two units and their respective characters are preorder only this time and not 'early unlock' like the VXT games.
- There is a Bonus Mission Pack of 15 stages that is just like what V, X, and T had. They are intermission and extra character development stages that provide additional character moments and additional rewards.
- New in SRW30 is a Season Pass that contains two big DLC packs that will contain 13 full bonus stages and 9 additional mechs a piece, 2 per of which will be from the Original Generations series and 7 per of which will be from series that have already debuted. Further details of these DLC packs will come later.
- The Deluxe Edition contains all the above as well as some small additional bonuses.
- On top of that there is also the Premium Sound & Data Pack which for the first time ever is a digital add-on instead of a separate physical version and for the first time ever available outside of Japan. In included Licensed Music that replaces the in-game BGM soundtrack, to include 31 anime themes from the included series and 15 origional Super Robot Wars themes, most of which included are vocal. The full list can be found here, under the DLC tab.
- The Ultimate Edition contains the Deluxe Edition and the Premium Sound & Data Pack

k3qcPEz.png

But what is Super Robot Wars? I'm new here.

A gigantic strategy rpg crossover series mashing your favorite mecha pilots from various franchise together and mixing their stories, along with some origional plot, and coming out with something new and sometimes better. Characters get the emotional support or faceslap they never got in their origional series. Characters that die can be saved. Some enemies and bosses can be recruited. Secret units with specefic requirements abound.

What games are playable in English?

Mainline :
Super Robot Wars (GB) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars 2 (NES/GBA) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars 3 (SNES) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars EX (SNES) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (PS1) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars GC (GC) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars J (GBA) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars A Portable (PSP) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars W (NDS) (Fan Translation)

Super Robot Wars V (PS4/Switch)
Super Robot Wars X (PS4/Switch)
Super Robot Wars T (PS4/Switch)
Super Robot Wars 30 (PS4/Switch/PC)

Original Generation:
Super Robot Wars OG (GBA)
Super Robot Wars OG 2 (GBA)
Super Robot Wars Gaiden: Masoukishin - The Lord of Elemental (SNES) (Fan Translation)
Super Robot Wars OGs (PS2) (Fan Translation) (Note: Remake of OG and OG 2 with redone/extra content and epilogue 2.5 story. Canon Version.)
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers (PS4)

Spinoffs:
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (DS)
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed (DS) (Fan Translation)
*Note that both are technically story related to OG with some character crossover.

Other Translations:
Super Robot Wars OG 2nd (Not translated in-game, but has a line-by-line-by-line translation of the entire script here. You have to use a different resource for gameplay elements like Akurasu below.)

What's a good resource for these games?

The Akurasu Wiki and the Akurasu Discord chat.

You'll be able to find flow charts, Secret listings and unlock conditions, and other listings and resources that are handy when playing these games.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
// Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
vagrant_winds on

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Old Super Robot Wars T OP For Preservation.
    You dig giant robots
    I dig giant robots
    We dig giant robots
    Chicks dig giant robots

Welcome to a Super Robot Wars thread celebrating the release of SRW T! But feel free to talk about any and all Super Robot related stuff here.

78knDAp.jpg?1

https://youtu.be/5BBLOlAzggE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH_eWGd5_Bc&t=2s

Series List

Banpresto Originals
    Invincible Robo Trider G7
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
    - Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack – Beltorchika’s Children (Mecha Only)
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
    - Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart (Mecha Only)
    - Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: The Steel 7 (Mecha Only)
    Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    The Brave Express Might Gaine
    King of Braves GaoGaiGar
    Gunbuster
    Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    - Getter Robo Daikessen (Debut, Mecha Only)
    Mazinger Z: Infinity
    Aura Battler Dunbine
    - New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine
    Armored Trooper Votoms
    - Armored Trooper Votoms: The Last Red Shoulder (Mecha Only)
    - Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle (Mecha Only)
    Gun X Sword
    Expelled from Paradise (Debut)
    Cowboy Bebop (Debut)
    Arcadia of My Youth: Endless Orbit SSX (Debut)
    Magic Knight Rayearth (Debut)

Version Differences

The PS4 version has Custom BGM (ability to add custom music of your choice into the game) and Trophies while the Switch version does not.

What's the First Print (& Digital First Month) DLC?

Special Scenario: Chapter 0: Proposal No. T1023
    Present Scenario: Special Starter Pack (bonus goodies)
    Special Original Mech Gespents from Early Game (Piloted by the hero or heroine you don't chose as your MC)

Codes are in the first physical print of the game (maybe PS4 only) and are included with PSN purchases in the first month.

The early-buyer DLC on the Switch is provided by a free patch due to earlier DLC delivering issues.

Where can I buy the game?

The physical copies can be bough from your local import stores like Play Asia.

Digital copies can only be bought for the PS4 version and are on the Singapore PSN. This is also where you grab the DLC for the PS4 version. Simply create a Singapore PSN account.

Edit: The Switch version (and DLC) are now available via the new Hong Kong eShop.

EXPANSION PASS!? & FREE UPDATE PATCHES!?

Yep. SRW T got a both a free update with an extra hard mode mean for NG+(+++) runs with super powered enemies and ace bonuses everywhere AND it got a full paid 20-stage (14 stages per route) Epilogue Expansion that features the heroes from SRW V & X. They gave this release a lot of love!

---

What's Super Robot Wars?

A gigantic strategy rpg crossover series mashing your favorite mecha pilots from various franchise together and mixing their stories, along with some origional plot, and coming out with something new and sometimes better. Characters get the emotional support or faceslap they never got in their origional series. Characters that die can be saved. Some enemies and bosses can be recruited. Secret units with specefic requirements abound.

What games are playable in English?

Mainline:
    Super Robot Wars (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars 2 (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars 3 (Fan Translation
    Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars EX (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars J (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars A Portable (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars V
    Super Robot Wars X
    Super Robot Wars T

Original Generation:
    Super Robot Wars OG
    Super Robot Wars OG 2
    Super Robot Wars Gaiden: Masō Kishin – The Lord Of Elemental (Fan Translation)
    Super Robot Wars: The Moon Dwellers

Old SD Gundam G Generations OP Add-On For Preservation
    This is also now the SD Gundam G Generation thread for a shared love of all Real Robots and Super Robots SRPG games everywhere! Let's share the love of all Japanese Mecha SRPG games!

Info:
    SD Gundam G Generation comes out in ENGLISH on November 27-28. This is a Gundam SRPG game and is the first in the series to focus only on non-UC games. The included series this time are Wing, Seed, 00, and Iron-Blooded Orphans and it will play through their full storylines (to include material from movies, manga, novels, short stories, etc. not just the animes proper).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfpbDgaVz80

Where do I buy it?

Official Western Version Steam Link
    Switch Normal Version HK eShop Link
    PREMIUM SOUND EDITON Switch Version HK eShop Link
    PS4 Normal Version Singapore PSN Link
    PREMIUM SOUND EDITION PS4 Singapore PSN Link
    All digital versions also have a more expensive 'includes Season Pass' upgrade.

Physical PS4/Switch copies via Play Asia (PREMIUM SOUND EDITION Not Available)

What's this Premium Sound Edition?

This is the first time a Premium Sound edition of these games will be out for one of these games outside of Japan, and especially in English! They're a more expensive version of the game, but include lots of licensed vocal music instead of just the BGMs of the normal games. Cross Rays Premium Sound edition includes 35 licensed Vocal Opening/Ending/Insert songs from the included Gundam games to sing along to while you're blowing up enemy mechas to channel your full weeb. This edition isn't available for Steam, so if you want it you have to digitally import the Switch or PS4 versions at one of the above links.
    ---

They made Tank! into a combination attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9zDEonupQ&t=0s

vagrant_winds on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I already got this downloaded and ready to go.

Also...hmm usually I hate aircraft units(high evasion but their damage sucks) that said I love Spike and Faye and since they're hero units I'm sure they'll be OP.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I already got this downloaded and ready to go.

Also...hmm usually I hate aircraft units(high evasion but their damage sucks) that said I love Spike and Faye and since they're hero units I'm sure they'll be OP.

I am crazy and have both the Switch and PS4 versions physically preordered. Was just Switch, but with the confusion on DLC and my desire to play all the DLC, I ordered the PS4 version too as insurance.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I would like the Switch version if I had a Switch(SRW is very much a series I'd prefer to play on a mobile pad.

But don't have a Switch and I'm not sure how the DLC situation works out so I just got the PS4 version as I did with the other translated games.

edited March 2019
    I do like that both the male and female protagonist choices are older and experienced this time.

Images
    Iozuqxm.png

OpdUQY6.png

And the one you don't pick as your main character joins you in the Gespenst right after the intro stage (as long as you have the early purchase bonus). While I liked what V and T did with the protagonist you didn't pick, it'll be nice to have both from the start for once.

vagrant_winds on
    Yeah. I kind of hated in V you didn't get the second protagonist until the second to last mission. X was better as you got them around mission 40 as sub-pilot but it'll be cool to have them even earlier.

edited March 2019
    SPOILER! Some OG characters in this game. Click only if you don't mind getting spoiled. Don't click if you want to be completely surprised.
    The Super Robot Wars V cast is in the game! All five of them (4 mechs)! With both upgraded mechs! With brand new updated animations!

Hahaha. Holy shit!

FUCKING HYPE MAN!

vagrant_winds on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the Original Generation games on... geez, the GBA?

Wish they'd do one of those again. That way there'd be a chance of me being able to play them again.

Wish they'd do one of those again. That way there'd be a chance of me being able to play them again.

Take a look at Moon Dwellers. It's an OG game that was released earlier this gen in English (though the translation is more rough than the later official releases). PS4.

You can buy it digitally off the Singapore PSN (or physically from Play Asia, etc.)

Update: Switch version will get Day 1/First Print DLC through a Day 1 patch.

Still waiting on word for the rest of the DLC for Switch.

edited March 2019
    Update 2, Re: DLC on Switch

Play Asia via Namco Bandai:
    "Good day! We have received information that Nintendo decided to pull-out the DLC onthe last minute for Super Robot Taisen T. We are truly sorry to be the bearer of this bad news. We will still proceed in sending the parcel but would like to give you a heads up."

So, Preorder DLC via patch, but none of the other DLC for the English Switch version.

vagrant_winds on
    edited March 2019
    Awwww. I guess no one else is interested in this series or game. If there's no replies I'll let it die. Game is super fun early on, and feels very improved in the little aspects compared to V and X. And the story is better than X's so far for sure.

Also, I have no idea how this happened, but this game is the most gay super robot wars yet. It's somehow way more gay than the last entry, which had both Cross Ange and Buddy Complex. That doesn't even make logical sense. Office Workers, yo.

vagrant_winds on
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Whoa, SRW T blew past me entirely!

It's sad that the SRW series doesn't get much more attention. I started with Alpha and have played through every single SRW since, but V lost me. So much so I went back and replayed through the Z series in entirety.

One of the problems for me is probably the lack of new compelling supers. Understandable, since modern anime is trending away from mecha, and even then there's a tendency for reals. But the series is called "*Super* Robot Wars"! Maybe Darling in the Franxx next, or now that Gridman is done they'll be able to incorporate that. Come to think of it, I wonder why Star Driver and Captain Earth never got brought in. Either way, at the rate things are going, they might have to bring in Attack on Titan just to make their super quota...

But somewhere deep inside me, I just want to see Goldion Crusher in full HD glory. Might as well pick up T to get on that road.

• SiracSirac Registered User regular
    Really liking this one so far. The cross-series interactions have been fantastic, and everything feels much more...together than it did in X, for lack of a better term. I think I'm going on hiatus with it for a bit, though - it looks like I'm at the point where working towards secrets starts to come into play more, so I'm going to wait until the requirements get hashed out more definitively.
    Also, I have no idea how this happened, but this game is the most gay super robot wars yet. It's somehow way more gay than the last entry, which had both Cross Ange and Buddy Complex. That doesn't even make logical sense. Office Workers, yo.

Sadly I have not gotten any of this. I went lady character first in V and X, so this time around I decided to start with Saizou. And he's a lot of fun, but you don't get any of Sagiri's Amazing Office Harem when she's the second protagonist. Gives me something to look forward to for new game plus!

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Think I still need to make yet another account to get any DLC.

Sirac wrote: »
    Really liking this one so far. The cross-series interactions have been fantastic, and everything feels much more...together than it did in X, for lack of a better term. I think I'm going on hiatus with it for a bit, though - it looks like I'm at the point where working towards secrets starts to come into play more, so I'm going to wait until the requirements get hashed out more definitively.

Sadly I have not gotten any of this. I went lady character first in V and X, so this time around I decided to start with Saizou. And he's a lot of fun, but you don't get any of Sagiri's Amazing Office Harem when she's the second protagonist. Gives me something to look forward to for new game plus!

V had two good protagonists, both with good themes. Soji is the sarcastically bitter pilot who still isn't over losing his previous comrades yet while Chitose is the hotblooded and caring rookie. X... Amari's characterization and especially her musical themes are so much better than Iroi's it's silly.

It looks like T is back to having both OG characters be good.

Akilae wrote: »
    Whoa, SRW T blew past me entirely!

It's sad that the SRW series doesn't get much more attention. I started with Alpha and have played through every single SRW since, but V lost me. So much so I went back and replayed through the Z series in entirety.

One of the problems for me is probably the lack of new compelling supers. Understandable, since modern anime is trending away from mecha, and even then there's a tendency for reals. But the series is called "*Super* Robot Wars"! Maybe Darling in the Franxx next, or now that Gridman is done they'll be able to incorporate that. Come to think of it, I wonder why Star Driver and Captain Earth never got brought in. Either way, at the rate things are going, they might have to bring in Attack on Titan just to make their super quota...

But somewhere deep inside me, I just want to see Goldion Crusher in full HD glory. Might as well pick up T to get on that road.

There's Demonsbane as well, which has only gotten a single entry on an untranslated NDS game. I'd love to see me some Cuthulu Mythos Mechas in HD.

FranXX would be... interesting... The fans had a meltdown over the second half of that series.

PLA wrote: »
    Think I still need to make yet another account to get any DLC.

Yeah, you just need to create a Singapore PSN to input the code if you have the PS4 version which is super easy to do. There's also totally optional 20 bonus gameplay side-story scenarios available, but that'll cost you a 50SDG Card (~$46) if you want the whole pack. They give bonus character development and 'this was happening elsewhere at this time' stories and give extra Funds, TacP, and Power Parts.

If you have the Switch version, the early bonuses are just given by a patch since Nintendo wouldn't play ball with DLC.

So far my impressions.

-A lot more strong units this time around and way fewer "junk" units. The hero units are still OP of course but you can bring some of the side characters without feeling too gimped. If anything there are so many useful units that its much harder for me to pick a main team and I switch people out at times.

-Game is a bit more difficult on hard than V and X were. Its still relatively easy as far as sRPGs go(more about proper SP management and positioning) but there is that. That said this series has always been about watching your favorite mecha teamup on some fanfiction shit so difficulty isn't exactly why I play the game.

-I like some of the tweaks to the intermission screen.

All and all pretty fun that said it sticks closely to the same formula that you're used to if you've played any of these games. So if you were expecting something really different...eh. Also, I kind of wonder when the next OG installment is gonna be, it been a while.

I am also sad some of the songs from V and X didn't make make it over. I wanted the Getter Shine Spark BGM from V as its one of my favorites.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    I am also sad some of the songs from V and X didn't make make it over. I wanted the Getter Shine Spark BGM from V as its one of my favorites.

I just put in custom tracks from the OST. Stoner Sushine and Shine Spark are not complete without:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92-iROXtd6A

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I've been out of the game for so long. Got partway through Z1 and just kinda got fatigued with it.

Then I wandered into my OST collection and now I'm trying to make a SRW tabletop wargame.

Nostalgia is delicous.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    For those that have played/are playing the game, how far long does the GaoGaiGar storyline progress?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I can't wait for more MKR in my life. Still need to finish V, though.

Take a look at Moon Dwellers. It's an OG game that was released earlier this gen in English (though the translation is more rough than the later official releases).

Understatement of the decade...

1471054403050.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This OP is missing something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyKQNyOSnV0

uyvfOQy.png
    It's pretty safe to say, even early in, that T is a much better game than V and X. I'm having way more fun with this one. The story is a hell of a lot tighter and characters make more sense together too, compared to V's multiverse or X's Isekai stuff.
    Akilae wrote: »
    For those that have played/are playing the game, how far long does the GaoGaiGar storyline progress?

I can't say exactly where it ends, but Final isn't part of this game.

G Gundam seems to be the only post-story inclusion so far.

cj iwakura wrote: »
    Understatement of the decade...

They thankfully took the flack they received from that to heart and V, X, and T are all translated well. The worst you see are a couple rate typos and some things maybe translated to literally at times from the Japanese.

Reynolds wrote: »
    This OP is missing something...

I didn't include it on purpose, as it's not in the series. It's a spinoff game in the vein of Namco x Capcom or Project X Zone rather than an actual Super Robot Wars game.

Speaking of story I'm pretty glad that unlike V and X for the most part, the UC Gundams (Zeta, ZZ, CCA, & Crossbone) characters are all actually story relevant this time. Hamon's even in this time and both she and Char play major roles (along with some other Gundam antagonists).

Hmm...The lack of Mazinger Zero upsets me.

That's like one of my favorite mechs.

Also yeah, SRW has always been Gundam heavy so if they're gonna take up half the roster nice that they actually play a part in the larger story.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The reason the later games have professional localization is because they hired tried and true professionals. Not sure how or why, but who's to complain?

Outsourced, but hey, they're clearly SRW fans.

wVEsyIc.png
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I am 37 missions in to SRW T. I'm loving it, but I think I like V more, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly rose glasses since I'm the strange person who's favorite Gundam is ZZ, and SRW V was the first new English Gundam ZZ stuff I got since Evolve #10 came out.

T is really freaking great, though. I highly recommend it.

PSN|AspectVoid
    Only 15 missions in myself. Doing the Gundam route splits my first playthrough for once.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I've only got so far because I "worked" from home a couple days last week. I found it very ironic given the male protag.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    I am playing through SRW V atm and its my first SRW game. Just hit episode 15 and its fun so far. Kinnnnnda lost on all the stuff I'm supposed to do between missions tho.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sonelan wrote: »
    I am playing through SRW V atm and its my first SRW game. Just hit episode 15 and its fun so far. Kinnnnnda lost on all the stuff I'm supposed to do between missions tho.

The skills? It's not as complicates as it looks.

wVEsyIc.png

That and what I should be spending tac points on, What mechs I should actually be improving, what I need to get from the factory. I haven't even unlocked whatever sub-orders are.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2019

That and what I should be spending tac points on, What mechs I should actually be improving, what I need to get from the factory. I haven't even unlocked whatever sub-orders are.

The giant passive bonus for your entire fleet are your biggest priority in general.

As for individual skills, Hit & Run on Battleships and Snipers is a must and Maintenance Unit on Repairers and Resuppliers. Besides that, everything else is somewhat self descriptive. Also, you get rarer extremly expensive skills later in the game as drops like Dash or Full Counter that are fantastic and you should think about who you want them on.

Potential is broken good in V. They toned it down in X and T.

Also, Terrain scores are important. They're modifiers to your hit/dodge %s when fighting on that terrain. A is no modifiers, S is a bonus, and B or worse are penalties.

Also, any mech you customize to 5 bars, not including weapons, gets a bonus.

vagrant_winds on
    I might have messed myself up by picking the route I did, Most of my better mechs left. Guess I shoulda payed more attention to the choice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They all come back if memory serves, it just focuses the story on that branch for a bit. Potential is the OP skill.

wVEsyIc.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Potential is great but you ideally generally aren't going to be hit very often to begin with. I've always been more fond of getting Instinct first, jacking up your Focus/Will on Setsuna and Graham and just tearing ass across the map with Innovator and The Ultimate. There's not a lot in the game that can handle getting shot by a Second Attack Setsuna, and anything stupid enough to try and attack him with Full Counter mysteriously vanishes from the map. Or just let Ange run around the map cleaning up mooks and making me endlessly wealthy with money bonuses and never getting hit ever.
    I might have messed myself up by picking the route I did, Most of my better mechs left. Guess I shoulda payed more attention to the choice.

You can permanently miss (a lot of) recruits, but you generally don't permanently lose allies you've already recruited. If a bunch left at once it's because of a path split - they will rejoin later when the story re-converges.

X and T add in Expert Mode which does two things.

1. You get the SR point just for completing the mission instead of doing the special objective.
    2. Every enemies stats are boosted. They all get greater upgrades. T pushes this further.

And yeah, these games all have secret stages, characters, and mechs.
    http://akurasu.net/wiki/Main_Page is your friend if you want spoilers. The T information isn't all there but it has everything you need for V and X and Moon Dwellers.

I love the DLC Stages. Here's a screenshot someone clipped from one of the later ones.

LtG0XRc.jpg

edited July 2021
    Also, to do a triple post, while I do think V had a better story than X, I still liked X a lot.

The Code Geass units were great to use, and were post-story. Plus it had Mazenkaizer and this beautiful mech right here.

(There was a video here. Damn you copyright claims.)

I love this mech and this theme so damn much. This is pure, unadulterated, super robot right here.
    (Zero's still in, but mostly as an enemy done to his actual threat level. You only get it as playable on the IF Route partway though the second to last battle, so you really have to earn it in X.)

vagrant_winds on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, a local store that occasionally imports games has SRW T on sale. For 80 bucks. Which is kind of expensive for a game featuring a bunch of anime I've never seen in my life.

Gonna have to think about that for a while.