As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Riven

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Riven

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    "I'm blind!" got me.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Here's the stream of Mike and Jerry playing Sekiro:

(Not sure if the unbridled rage can be seen there, as I haven't finished it.)

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Gabe's careful planning didn't account for Hulk levels of rage.

He cracked the core on that, and now the world will pay.

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    Must've gotten to Lady Butterfly. The first really "git gud" boss in the game. You can assassinate the two minibosses, and the Chained Ogre and cavalry guy are both weak to specific tools, but Lady Butterfly requires that you learn her attack patterns and openings and play them perfectly.

Took me like 200 tries, because I suck.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So gabe commissioned an original xbox controller?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So gabe commissioned an original xbox controller?

One of my favorite old PA strips:
    215142996_22jgm-1050x10000.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I love the concept of Dark Souls. Adore it. I DO love Monster Hunter, which has some core ideas in that memorizing mechanics and attack patterns matters. But boy howdy have I bounced off these games every time I try.

And general reports is that this game is even better at frustrating the player than prior versions? I want to play it so badly but I feel like my time would be better spent going back to Bloodbourne and trying to finish that.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Sekiro does a couple things different than previous Soulsborne games.

The main thing is that enemies do not have traditional health bars. Instead they have 1 or more deathblow counters, and the way you kill them is by removing all their deathblow counters and then they are dead. To remove a deathblow counter, you can do a stealth attack, break their poise and land a deathblow, or do a parry/counter attack to remove one. So instead of just whittling down a health bar, you are dodging, blocking, and circling your enemy, looking for an opportunity to strike to land a deathblow.

The other thing Sekiro does differently is that this game actually has some mobility moves. You can grapple to ledges. You actually have a jump button. You can do wall jumps, wall hangs, ledge-shimmies, and other ninja-like mobility moves. So the game takes on a level of verticality that the previous games did not have.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    The conceptional level of multiple deathblows makes me twitch a bit

• Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    I'm on a diet for a weight loss contest at work and I immediately snapped to the last panel

At first I thought it was some heavenly Cadbury Creme Egg filled with molten cheese

-

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Wow its the size of a coffee table.