As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Refia glint is pretty weird, I just got that from the parade and haven't had a chance to try it yet. The chase adds an extra hit with subsequent casts of the glint. It's different from most glints in that it's adding damage, rather than multiplying damage - rather than cranking up the hits you're doing anyway, it's adding some new (weak) hits. At level 1 the chase does 4*0.4, and you'll probably get four or five of them over the 15 second duration. So for one use of the glint, it's probably going to be 16 hits for 6.4 damage. As opposed to a more typical fire aura glint, where it doesn't do any hits or damage itself, but multiplies your abilities and SBs by some variable amount (if you are near the damage cap or have a high weapon/armor/chain field/aura multiplier, it might only work out to ~4.0 damage, if you don't have any of that stuff and are following up with an AOSB it could end up being worth upwards of 30.0).

Fry on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh, I should probably 4* mote dive Tyro. He...actually isn't that bad in magicite. If I use him as an Entrust Bot but instead of Wrathing just doing damage with him he actually contributes much more than I thought. It's just that oh boy it's QUITE an investment.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I haven't been reporting my pulls in a while.

7/40:
    dupe Golbez BSB
    dupe Rosa LMR
    Jack LMR
    Locke LMR
    Shantotto Glint
    Alphinaud USB
    Mog USB

Locke LMR might actually be the best thing here; I have EVERYTHING for him except his OSB. Shantotto Glint would have been good if it was the stacking kind instead of the worthless +20 kind. Alphinaud USB is alright but I already have Barbariccia and Fujin built out. Mog USB looks tough to employ without haste, White 5, or Support 5.

8/8:
    dupe Wol BSB
    dupe Zidane BSB1
    dupe Mustadio LMR
    Minfilia LMR
    Seifer LMR
    Garland LMR
    Celes Glint
    Zell AOSB

Celes Glint is my grand prize here; trading turns for damage is good when your hones are limited and you're unlikely to cap otherwise. Garland LMR is also nice because I have his chain and other LMR. Zell AOSB isn't good for much; I don't have his other fire tech or any other fire monks who can use the stat stick.

USB Lucky: 2/11, dupe Squall USB1, Leon USB.
    Pretty meh. Leon might make the Torment team.

Parade:
    T-0: Machina LMR
    Tactics: dupe Montblanc LMR
    XV: Noctis USB1
    XIV: Papalymo OSB
    XIII: dupe Fang BSB
    XII: Vaan BSB
    XI: Lion LMR
    X: Paine USB
    IX: Vivi AOSB, Zidane Glint (my first 2/3)
    VIII: Squall USB1
    VII: Aeris LMR
    VI: Celes OSB (no ice damage on this?)
    V: Krile Glint
    IV: dupe Rydia USB1 #3 (whyyyy no USB2 or 3?)
    III: dupe Onion OSB
    II: Minwu BSB2
    I: Wol BSB

Pretty poor showing this time around. High density of 6*s, but poor average quality. Although Vivi AOSB will be nice to have in the future when I can buy his USB with anima lenses, and a few others might be marginally useful somehwere.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    8 draw:
    Edgar AOSB
    Squall ice glint (dupe)
    Uh, some FFT guy who uses books LMR
    Ramza LMR (dupe)
    Beyond guy burst (like a crystal sword)
    Terra BSB1
    Rinoa BSB2 (dupe)
    Haurchefant BSB

40 draw (4 disco 4 regular)
    Leon USB (dupe)
    Fran USB
    Alphinaud USB
    Reno BUSB
    PCecil LMR
    Sephiroth BSB2 (dupe)
    Kuja BSB (dupe)
    Noel BSB(2? Armor)

Not a bad haul overall.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Eeeeeehhh why not? Let's go with the Ultra Lucky.

1/11: Alma Ultra (Proshellga, Hastega, Astra, and Reraise to all allies).

Ehhhh. Not my finest result.

Though, it will be useful for further runs at Cuchulainn Torment. It meshes nicely with Ramza's Chain, and she can spam De'Dia while Ovelia actually heals people. On second thought, yeah this is fine. Battle-start Astra is something I've been doing with Sazh or Nanaki, but someone with Proshellga on it is a niche I didn't have. Might even be of worth vs Deathgaze when the time comes.

Enlong on
    edited March 2019
    AI script for the Jump Rope event is up

Various comments below the main post have suggestions for how to get farther in the event. I did pretty well with "press the button whenever the rope touches Vivi's shadow"

eta: in a different thread, someone suggests iOS users turn on low battery mode to slow down the game's framerate, which could help

Fry on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    40-pull - 5/40, 2 discos. Wakka BSB1 (dupe), Amarant BSB (dupe), Curilla USB1 (dupe), Lion USB (dupe), Zell BSB2. A +fire fist is worth the price, I suppose.

8-pull - 1 disco. Pecil BSB1 (dupe), Cloud LMR2 (dupe), Emperor LMR (dupe), Mustadio BSB, Rydia LMR (quickcast water), Sarah Glint, Morrow BSB (lol), Squall AOSB1 (ice)!

Screw the dupes, I got a 6* +ice weapon!

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Pulled on dark pickup because I want to kill the magicites at some point

3/11 2 discos

Seifer chain
    Decil USB
    Seifer BSB2

A good result

Beasteh on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    8/8
    Sephiroth AOSB
    Meia LMR (+Water armor WOOP!)
    Garland LMR
    Emperor LMR
    Laguna LMR
    Fusoya BSB
    Ursula BSB
    Gau BSB

Not awful, although it would be nice if I had something else for Sephiroth.

8/40
    Onion Sage Unleashed (USB3?4?) (+Water armor again)
    Rinoa OSB dupe
    Edea LMR
    Balthier LMR
    Kuja LMR
    Pecil BSB2
    Auron BSB dupe
    Greg BSB1

So, mostly new stuff, but I'm not sure how helpful most of it will be, since a lot of those LMR's are the only items I have for the character, and BSB's seem somewhat lackluster these days.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    8-draw
    Edgar Arcane (woo)
    Orlandeau LMR (woo!)
    Haurchefant LMR
    Freya BSB
    Zell BSB
    Snow LMR
    Rydia LMR (dupe)
    Edgar LMR (woo)

That’s a nice haul for Edgar, and paired with his USB he’s now a beast.

Orlandeau LMR is awesome and one of the relics that had me tempted to pull on the USB lucky.
    The rest of the stuff is ok to iffy. Most BSBs feel useless these days unless it’s for a realm I need torment coverage for, and neither of the above qualify.

40-draw... I don’t feel like typing all that out but highlights include
    Vaan LMR
    Rydia USB
    Marcus USB

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FF1:

Thief LM: Thief's Bandana, Dagger: Gil Drop up
    WoL Chain: Ragnarok, Holy

Lucky USB: 1/11
    Edge USB: Kiku-ichimonji, Water/Lightning... Water Quickcast, Ninja followup if Mirror Imaged.

8x:
    Meia Arcane: Svetovid, 3 Water
    Edgar Glint: 100% Critical + Quickcast twice
    Yuffie Glint: 2 Mirror Image, Ninj abilitiesa+ Moderate
    Bartz Glint: Bartz's Bracers, Spellblade Quickcast, Spellblade Abilities + Moderate
    Rydia LM: Rydia's Guise, Moderate chance for Quickcasting Summon
    Zack BSB: Rune Blade, 8 ranged physical wind/earth, wind res --
    Aerith BSB: Wizer Rod, 5 White Holy, Large Healga
    Faris BSB: Artemis Bow, 5 ranged, full break Large

40x: 6/40

Relm USB: Da Vinci Brush, Healga Large, 30% HP Barrier, Swiftcast once
    Minwu USB: Shining Staff. Healga Large, 30% HP Barrier, Auto Heal 2000hp
    Aranea LM: Aranea's Gauntlet, EnLightning
    Lann BSB: Fritt Mirage, 6 ranged fire/NE, EnFire
    Tyro BSB: Keeper's Tome, Protectga Shellga, Avoid 1 magic attack
    Rufus BSB: Riot Rifle, 8 Ranged Dark / NE, Dark Res --

No dupes across any of them.

Brody wrote: »
    8/8
    Sephiroth AOSB
    Meia LMR (+Water armor WOOP!)
    Garland LMR
    Emperor LMR
    Laguna LMR
    Fusoya BSB
    Ursula BSB
    Gau BSB

Not awful, although it would be nice if I had something else for Sephiroth.

8/40
    Onion Sage Unleashed (USB3?4?) (+Water armor again)
    Rinoa OSB dupe
    Edea LMR
    Balthier LMR
    Kuja LMR
    Pecil BSB2
    Auron BSB dupe
    Greg BSB1

So, mostly new stuff, but I'm not sure how helpful most of it will be, since a lot of those LMR's are the only items I have for the character, and BSB's seem somewhat lackluster these days.

Realized I forgot to pull on the FFI RoP, got Garlands USB, so that should hopefully pair well with his LMR.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Guys I just realized I have Lucky Girl BSB with Cait Sith and his LMR. Is he worth it? I mean Ignis BSB is the best but setting it up takes some time so...is it an upgrade over Battle Cry?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Guys I just realized I have Lucky Girl BSB with Cait Sith and his LMR. Is he worth it? I mean Ignis BSB is the best but setting it up takes some time so...is it an upgrade over Battle Cry?

The effects on Cait's burst are pretty good, the problems are A) it doesn't have Hastega built in (so someone else will have to do that), and B) Cait's ability set is pretty much just bard/dancer, and the burst entry does everything you would want Bard for. It's a good SB for regular content where stat breaks work, but for magicites it kinda sucks

For what it’s worth, Cait Sith can also dive for full Summon access. And using Curaja is never a terrible option if you’ve got nothing else to do.

Fry wrote: »

The effects on Cait's burst are pretty good, the problems are A) it doesn't have Hastega built in (so someone else will have to do that), and B) Cait's ability set is pretty much just bard/dancer, and the burst entry does everything you would want Bard for. It's a good SB for regular content where stat breaks work, but for magicites it kinda sucks

It's also helpful as a hedge against breaks, since it's mixed. I used it to great effect against Tiamat.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I suppose I should give it another try now that I'm not using Cloud USB1 as often.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Is there one of the Feasts that's better than the rest? One of them drops Arcana, which I don't even know what's used for (Magicite maybe?) -- is that the best one to farm?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Probably black or dark crystals?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

KiTA wrote: »
    Is there one of the Feasts that's better than the rest? One of them drops Arcana, which I don't even know what's used for (Magicite maybe?) -- is that the best one to farm?

If you haven't gotten up to Magicite yet, my recommendation is to do all* of the ticket-requiring dungeons once for the excellent first time rewards, then farm whichever one gives orbs/crystals to craft/hone abilities for your immediate progression concerns. If you don't know what you need, Black crystals and/or Dark orbs never go out of style.

* - except for the weapon/armor mats dungeon. You probably don't need those unless you literally just started within the last week

edited March 2019
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Probably black or dark crystals?

Black Crystals probably. There are just too many abilities that need 'em. Someone did the math on reddit and it appears that the Arcana Feast might be a ticket trap.

lionheart_m on
    by the way I usually dont do 100 gem pulls...but I might break that rule on the first few feast banners.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Manticore down! That fight feels really difficult with the amount of damage he does and the constant rage mode.

The clear was a mess, but that was mainly because people started dying. Team was:

Terra USB
    Sarah USB
    Rosa USB
    Vivi USB
    Krile CSB/BSB2

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    by the way I usually dont do 100 gem pulls...but I might break that rule on the first few feast banners.

I'd strongly caution against that. If you want to spend gems I think its much better going for a dream select or just another pull on the banner.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

I'd strongly caution against that. If you want to spend gems I think its much better going for a dream select or just another pull on the banner.

I've got a couple left over from the last cheap lucky draw. I'm not paying enough to get another select (probably), so I'm considering chucking my last 200 gems at something.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Continuing where I left off, my LOTR was:
    Type-0: Machina BSB (bleh)
    Tactics: Agrias OSB (dupe), my third copy
    15: Gladio USB
    14: Papa AOSB (dupe) +Fire 6* Rod

then

13: Serah BSB1 (bleh)
    USB select choice

then

picking up where I left off

12: Basch OSB (dupe)
    11: Lion LMR
    10: Tiny Bee (dupe) :bigfrown:
    9: Zidane USB1 (dupe)
    8: Rinoa Glint (dupe)
    7: Rude BSB (dupe) +Earth fist, reforged
    6: Locke LMR (dupe) +Fire bangle, reforged
    5: Dorgann LMR (dupe)
    4: Pecil USB2 (Wall)
    3: Arc BUSB
    2: Minwu BSB1
    1: Holy Chain!!!

That was an appalling amount of dupes in a row, but it ended super strong, with the last element I needed a Chain for. This changes my fest plans, I think.

USB Lucky: 2/11. Selphie USB1 (dupe), Snow USB1 (dupe). Feelsbadman.

40 pull: 10/40, 4 Discos. This feels like a lot?
    Deuce BSB
    Ceodore BSB
    Matoya BSB
    Fran BSB1
    Ricard LMR
    Jack LMR
    Machina OSB (complete Machina. Yay I guess?)
    Zidane OSB (yay Gyshal Green boost?)
    Vincent BUSB
    Terra AOSB!!!

8 pull:
    Nabaat BSB
    Galuf BSB (dupe)
    Orran LMR
    Shelke LMR
    Galuf LMR? Initial EnEarth
    Vincent LMR
    Curilla LMR2 (Initial Quickcast 3)
    Meia AOSB (+Water 6* Rod)

Fest: Tyro AOSB! Vivi USB2! Lol.

I'm glad I did so much at once. The good definitely smoothed over the stings from the bad.

Since someone was asking about sharding and stuff earlier, taking a look at some of my new weapons, and decisions I'm making:

Lann burst - it's a +fire physical weapon. I'm in dire need of these. But its ATK is only 120, and it's on beyond so I'll never see synergy. Sharding.
    Echo burst 2 - MAG instrument. 139, which doesn't warrant keeping it out, but my MAG items for I are kinda awful. Throwing in the vault, I can dig it out for the torment if I want.
    Garland burst - It's a +dark sword, but I've got multiple ones much better than it. I've also got an axe which has +dark in-realm, so if we're talking synergy, Garland has that. Throwing in vault for now, but honestly may shard
    pCecil burst 1 - +holy sword, but it's got awful stats (126 ATK), and I've got two better +holy swords IN-REALM let alone out. Straight to shard.
    Marcus burst - pretty poor (135 ATK), so probably going to shard even though my 9 physical weapons situation is bad.
    Porom LMR - MND-keyed light armor? That's pretty rare. This thing is sticking around. Also, is that poison element resist, or poison status? Because if the former, this just became great.
    Auron enFire LMR - best katana in-realm, so keeping in vault if I want to use him.
    Lulu AOSB - 6* +ice bracers keep keep keep keep

Palom burst dupe - combined
    Cid (IV) burst - only hammer in-realm, but stats are kinda low. Shard
    Delita burst dupe - sharded my old one, gonna shard the new one too.
    Setzer ultra - not bad stats for a thrown, but it's not exceptional either? Probably vault.
    Seifer CSB - suddenly best sword in realm (without boost), which bumps another weapon to be sharded.

edited March 2019
    Aaaaah did you already shard the Lann thing?

I've been using it on whoever has Ruby Spark, and I've been doing alright with that, since Ruby Spark gets a power boost if the weapon is Ranged.

On the other hand, Thief, Monk, and Spellblade now have 6-star Fire attacks, so it's falling behind. Are we even going to get a Ruby Bullet skill?

Enlong on
    Enlong wrote: »
    Aaaaah did you already shard the Lann thing?

I've been using it on whoever has Ruby Spark, and I've been doing alright with that, since Ruby Spark gets a power boost if the weapon is Ranged.

On the other hand, Thief, Monk, and Spellblade now have 6-star Fire attacks, so it's falling behind. Are we even going to get a Ruby Bullet skill?

Not yet, actually. He hasn't even learned it yet.

The in game wording is different for poison element vs poison status. IIRC the useful one says "poison damage"

I think it says poison element? They changed it because for years they both just unhelpfuly said poison.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Just says Poison, so probably just status. Oh well!

I just realized that, with the free keyblade we got, I now have three +ice ATK weapons. I actually have enough to outfit a full team now!

Also, I just need to summarize my absolutely absurd Lord of the Rings:

T-0: Queen USB
    T: Gaffgarion USB
    XV: Prompto BSB
    XIV: Alphinaud USB (dupe)
    XIII: Vanille BSB (dupe)
    XII: Balthier OSB
    XI: Aphmau LMR (dupe)
    X: Tidus AOSB
    IX: Zidane USB (dupe)
    VIII: Irvine USB (dupe)
    VII: Sephiroth USB (dupe)
    VI: Setzer LMR
    V: Gilgamesh LMR
    IV: pCecil AOSB
    III: Refia USB
    II: Minwu BSB
    I: Thief LMR

10/17 discoes!
    Only 6/17 dupes!

Darklyre wrote: »
    I just realized that, with the free keyblade we got, I now have three +ice ATK weapons. I actually have enough to outfit a full team now!

Except its weapon type keyblade, restricting who can equip it.

3 can use it.

1 of them can use Fire or Ice.

I suppose technically you could have Riku use it and spam Celerity for lightning damage, but...

Brody wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »

Except its weapon type keyblade, restricting who can equip it.

It'll be permanently glued to Sora for his AASB anyways, so I don't mind. The swords can go to Squall and Laguna.

What’s the multiplier like on Tyro’s free Arcane? Tyro’s a sub-par DPS at the best of times, and his OSB doesn’t set a good precedent, but I’m curious.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    100 gem: Zidane AASB

I was even thinking about pulling on this one!

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Enlong wrote: »
    What’s the multiplier like on Tyro’s free Arcane? Tyro’s a sub-par DPS at the best of times, and his OSB doesn’t set a good precedent, but I’m curious.

I think 5.2x3, vs the normal 8x3. It doesn't feel like a DPS tool - more something to break a magicite rage if you have nothing better.

This fest banner is one of the weaker ones right? I think I'm saving up for Bartz / Terra, Celes ice chain, and the Core banner.

rattletrap on
This discussion has been closed.