As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines] Sequel incoming! (Q1 2020)

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Full Presence In Dialogue is a fan patch thing. I'm pretty sure a lot of the discrepancies between your experience and mine are fan patch changes.

I have only non-plus(regular gog version) patch and 13 firearms has always worked in every version of the game since i first played it when it first came out.

The “full presence in dialogue” is mentioned as not a fan patch thing on the wiki so i am not sure what that is about.

wbBv3fj.png
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Are there any good visual mods for this?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    IIRC gangrel are better off leaving their protean at 4 because the animations changes at 5 and becomes worse and slower.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    It's very difficult these days to tell what's fan patch and what isn't, when reading online materials.

For firearms 13, I believe you that it works but don't personally consider it a very efficient use of xp. This isn't a game about efficiently using xp though, unless you're a weirdo like me.

edited March 2019
    Even without XP maxing at all it was not hard to get Auspex 5, Thaumaturgy 5, Preception 5, and Firearms 5 with Haggle 6 and Stamina 4 before hallowbrook.(Did the majority of but not all of the side quests, did not research farm and had some wasted research points*, did not get giovanni xp bonus item before doing side quests to maximize returns) so i don't see much of a reason to be particularly worried about it.

*Besides the first 2 points of firearms from books

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    It is a game about efficiently gaining XP though, with all those weird skill books XP windows.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Haggle 6 is an interesting one, did it give you much in the way of unique dialogue?

Haggle 6 is an interesting one, did it give you much in the way of unique dialogue?

When you're going full auto you spend a lot of dosh on ammo. It was entirely to increase the sale prices of the things i was selling and decrease the purchase price of ammo, so that i could stock up before missions. I also bought out the blood bank (minus the elder/blue, didn't get a full stock of those) because i expect to be chugging for the final missions.

I wasn't roleplaying a persuader (3 to 4 humanity blood mage) so i wasn't concerned about dialogue choices.(plus the low humanity choices are loads better than the persuade dialogue)

wbBv3fj.png
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    KetBra wrote: »
    Are there any good visual mods for this?

I think there are some, but I've never bothered. Game's visuals are great as they are for me.

SPEAKING OF VISUALS THO, I'ma gonna share I dream I had last night, where I was given the opportunity to play a demo of a World of Darkness game. It wasn't VTMB2, it was more over-the-shoulder. It didn't seem to be original World of Darkness, rather it was NWOD instead, or possibly NWOD2/COD.

Character was a fledgling. Based on what I recall of dialogue, a young hunter who was more fascinated by supers instead of hating them. No mention of a compact or a conspiracy, so between those things and the backstory probably Tier 1 hunter. Cell was wiped out with him being the only survivor.

There was a day-night cycle, so my character had to move around in the shadows during the day. Played a lot like a vampiric LA Noire. Character was I -think- a Ventrue. Seemed to be at least friendly with the Ordo Dracul as he was allowed into a secret library. There was also a dialogue wheel in place, akin to Mass Effect's. Didn't do much gameplay outside of the hub, which seemed to be a shared Elysium, but did get a quest to find an artifact or something while I was in the Ordo library. By the end of the dream I was moving to the quest location, and on the way discovered a flask with a Kindred's name on it (possibly a lost Touchstone?).

So yeah, SO HYPE about VTMB2 that I'm dreaming of an entire World of Darkness lineup of AAA games. SO HYPE.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Just got a preorder email from GOG. Had a bit of info on the game, most interesting being it claimed a few fan favorite characters will be returning.

steam_sig.png
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Just got a preorder email from GOG. Had a bit of info on the game, most interesting being it claimed a few fan favorite characters will be returning.

They’re not who I’d call fan favorites, but I want E and Lily to show up since they’re thin bloods and our character starts out as a thin blood. The positive ending to their quest even has them ditching LA for Oregon.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm really excited for an updated remix of the original theme music in the game somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znc1m36BYng

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Speaking of the music and how one of the tunes reminded me of Under The Bridge, its kind of a shame that nobody made a goth rock cover of Under The Bridge because that would have been an amazingly appropriate song to put in the game, maybe as a second song in the hotel or thin bloods radio.

Speaking of radios, I hope we get radio and TV stations. Not a lot, I'm not expecting something like GTA, but at least something like Deb of the Night and TV News with TV Man.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The Deb of Night always seemed like she was definitely a vampire to me

joshofalltrades on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

Hard to imagine that wouldn't be the Voerman sisters (especially given how, well, you can kind of ignore every outcome that doesn't feature "both" of them), but maybe I just lack imagination.

edited March 2019
    The Voermans are still in LA as of the show LA By Night, and are both played by Whitney Moore.

Tube on
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    The Voermans are still in LA as of the show LA By Night, and are both played by Whitney Moore.

I just started watching LA by Night yesterday. Did they say that everything happening in that game is canon? I didn’t really think about that aspect since most RP podcasts have their own setting created by the DM.

I think for the very loose definition of canon that VTM has, its canon.

The Deb of Night always seemed like she was definitely a vampire to me
    I kind of assumed ghoul.

Eh, I think she's mortal.

And wait, there was a VTM show besides Kindred: The Embraced?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

I'm guessing it's a chronicle?

I still haven't watched that show again since I bought it...
    ("Holy shit, it's Doakes", lol)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    fan favorite characters like the cab driver, and rosa (who used that $100 to go to seattle and has been chillin for 15 years)

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    fan favorite characters like the cab driver, and rosa (who used that $100 to go to seattle and has been chillin for 15 years)

Plot twist: she's the Prince(ss) of Seattle.

wVEsyIc.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

I think Deb's in the know. Vampire or ghoul, I'm not sure.

Deb's whole thing is just stringing along her hapless callers for a while for the amusement of herself and her listeners. But when Andrei the Sabbat leader calls in one night, she quickly shuts him down and abruptly cuts her show short because she has to 'go take care of something'. Also, Deb's always willing to sort of humour her favourite conspiracy theorist Gomez, but when he brings up vampires she immediately gets openly mocking and dismissive.

Deb does not want to talk about vampires and does not want anyone else talking about vampires either. Which is kind of odd for a late night radio personality all about playing along with the weirdos that only come out at night. But less odd if she's trying to uphold the Masquerade.

Not exactly definitive proof, I know, but... I dunno. I like to think there's something there.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Hopefully you don't spend a lot of time as a thin blood.

Kind of would suck if you have to wait until the half way point to unlock cool clan specific features such as Malkavian or Nos shenanigans.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Nobody plays a VtM game to not power trip as an awesome vampire, right?

• SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Bring back Pisha she's a relic hunter I'm sure she's got some neat stuff to trade again.

Deb is almost definitely not a vampire. The reasons are simple

1) you dont meet her so she probably is neither camarilla or anarch

Almost all the vampires in LA and Holywood and Santa Monica show up to the princes meeting at the start of the game. This isnt because they’re all in love with the prince its because the total population of vampires is hella low. After all when you first talk to Bertram about being the Baron of Santa Monica he says “there are only like four vampires in Santa Monica anyways, not much of a Barony”. Those four being himself, Therese, Jeanette, and yourself.

The cannon vampire population of Seattle is like 50 to 100. (One for every 10,000 to 100,000 people, congregating in the more population dense areas) and the cannon vampire population of LA probably isnt much higher.

2) She isnt sabbat because duh. She would have blabbed already.

3) Vampires dont have jobs. Theyre all blood sucking capitalists. Even the poor vampires arent restricted by income the way mortals are. They can just dominate a ghoul and then use their facilities.

The only vampires who have “jobs” are doing things explicitly for the masquerade; to keep up the facade that there isnt an over class of blood suckers who do nothing but leech off society.

wbBv3fj.png
    Even though I think she's a ghoul, I could totally see her as somewhat goth Toreador who's very attached to the radio scene.

Bonus points, she's gets to meet all the crazies and learns which ones might've stumbled onto the Masquerade.

fan favorite characters like the cab driver,

Given who the cab driver was, it's not too unlikely to see him again sometime around endgame.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Almost all the vampires in LA and Holywood and Santa Monica show up to the princes meeting at the start of the game. This isnt because they’re all in love with the prince its because the total population of vampires is hella low. After all when you first talk to Bertram about being the Baron of Santa Monica he says “there are only like four vampires in Santa Monica anyways, not much of a Barony”. Those four being himself, Therese, Jeanette, and yourself.

The cannon vampire population of Seattle is like 50 to 100. (One for every 10,000 to 100,000 people, congregating in the more population dense areas) and the cannon vampire population of LA probably isnt much higher.

2) She isnt sabbat because duh. She would have blabbed already.

3) Vampires dont have jobs. Theyre all blood sucking capitalists. Even the poor vampires arent restricted by income the way mortals are. They can just dominate a ghoul and then use their facilities.

The only vampires who have “jobs” are doing things explicitly for the masquerade; to keep up the facade that there isnt an over class of blood suckers who do nothing but leech off society.

Cannon vampires???

vampire-coast-review-queen-bess-900x507.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

I don't really have an opinion on Deb and the rest of your arguments make sense. But there are definitely more non Sabat vampires around then just the ones we meet. The most obvious example being the ones that come after you during the blood hunt.

Plus none of the Nosferatu showed up to the meeting, Nines was the only Anarchist and there was obviously no Giovanni. All for logical reasons, but it does suggest there are vampires floating around then we meet. Not much point having clan leaders like Straus if they're the only one around. And there's also whoever sired the thin bloods, who are presumably of various clans.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Nobody plays a VtM game to not power trip as an awesome vampire, right?
    Seems like thats something thats going to be pretty satisfying in this one.

With those telekinesis powers, wanna play as a nos that can make a sledgehammer fly into his hands like a ghetto Thor.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I've been dealing with my Dad finally passing due to cancer earlier this month and somehow missed this announcement completely.

At least all of March isn't crap tier.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    I've been dealing with my Dad finally passing due to cancer earlier this month and somehow missed this announcement completely.

:bro: Sorry for the news. I hope next year finds you in happier tidings in time for release!

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks.

It wasn't unexpected and we got 8 more months than we had any real right to expect, but it still sucks.

But, enough of this.

First play I'm leaning towards Brujah, as per tradition. Second Malk.

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Playing Bloodlines again, I'm pretty amazed at how well it stands up today. I'm also impressed with how well they set up the tutorial. In vampire culture you're nothing, but the mission to get the Astrolite back makes the player understand that no singular human can stand up to you.

The game did a good job of making you strong enough to feel different from normal humans, but not enough that you can just dismiss a human blasting you with a shotgun at point-blank range.

Also, it's one of the few kinds of games where I think the expansion pack for the sequel actually works. As long as there's enough clans available at the start to be fun, using packs to add more clans, possibly the more fun/restrictive clans, is a great way to keep the game interesting long term. Bloodlines was practically made for multiple runs, after all.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »

Also sorry to hear... Lost my dad to the same a couple of years ago so you're not alone in having to face it.

Is there a thread for Vampyr? I can't seem to find one and want to know if it's good enough to help me get some kind of Vampire game fix.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

It says "20 minutes per player" for the play sessions, which is faster than I would have guessed.

This discussion has been closed.