As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    yeah that's how Joanna the goanna eats her eggs

I mean as long as George C. Scott doesn't catch her at it

Shorty on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you get a line and I'll get a pole and we'll all go down to the crocodile hole

honey, baby, miiiineee

• Options
    I love that they didn't even reference the fact that Joanna is a goanna in the movie

no, they decided to leave that one to the nerds who looked it up later

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Every time I get bananas from Whole Foods they're way easier to open from the bottom. Wonder why that is; the organic ones from other supermarkets usually still open at the top just fine.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Every time I get bananas from Whole Foods they're way easier to open from the bottom. Wonder why that is; the organic ones from other supermarkets usually still open at the top just fine.

Opposite from the stem right? That's how you're supposed to open a banana. I've always found using the stem method to be frustrating.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I've been eating soft boiled eggs a lot lately. They are very very good, especially on lightly buttered toast.

I have never gotten the hang of opening bananas from the not-stem end. They just seem to mush. Stems will occasionally do something weird, but are pretty consistently the way to go for me.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Now that I've done it a few times from the non-stem end it's really easy to do, but I still like doing stem first because it works better as a general eating experience. Easier to hold, peels less messily, the gross bit is tucked away in the bottom instead of making me take it off first, etc. It's the difference of being able to eat it with zero conscious thought vs putting my full attention into it so I don't end up covered in mush.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The P’zone is back, and I shall never eat another food.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »

We're going to need a daily update post about how the P'zone is affecting your life.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am so mad the p'zone came back after the one pizza hut that delivered to me went out of business

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    wow, there are really that few around here?

that's pretty surprising

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    He didn't say there weren't others around

just that they wouldn't deliver to him.

• Options
    there are pizza huts that don't deliver??

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

that's pretty surprising

No no he's just been banned from most

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

that's pretty surprising

You only get so many "Pants on or Robe shut" warnings from the Hut until you get blacklisted.

• Options
    i could explain more but i think i like this veneer of mystery

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    there are pizza huts that don't deliver??

Oh yeah they have dine-in/take out only store concepts, not as common as the others but the one closest to my office happens to be one.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2019

that's pretty surprising

Pretty annoyed that me making this exact joke elicited no reaction.

Typical monarchist bias!

tynic on
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Was that "swallowed whole, in the shell, and raw"?
    Been a while since I watched that one.
    bulor9kvs8yc.jpg

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    i could explain more but i think i like this veneer of mystery

That veneer isn't mystery and you know what you did, Hitchcock AJ.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    tynic wrote: »

that's pretty surprising

Typical monarchist bias!

its okay nic

i appreciated the burn on me

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

We're going to need a daily update post about how the P'zone is affecting your life.

This reminds me, what ever happened to the person that was using the olive garden pasta pass everyday?

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

that's pretty surprising

Typical monarchist bias!

To be fair, I'm used to Pizza Huts having delivery maps that make no damn sense.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »

This reminds me, what ever happened to the person that was using the olive garden pasta pass everyday?

Heart failure I assume

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

He achieved enlightenment and became one with the alfredo

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

He achieved enlightenment and became one with the alfredo

This is my new code phrase for telling people I’ve gained weight.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I've been exercising regularly enough now to see some indications of abs and if I start paying attention to my diet, I could probably get those bad boys to pop.

*eats four waffles with whipped cream, a chocolate chip scone and a mini chocolate croissant with a tall glass of whole milk*

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I've been exercising regularly enough now to see some indications of abs and if I start paying attention to my diet, I could probably get those bad boys to pop.

*eats four waffles with whipped cream, a chocolate chip scone and a mini chocolate croissant with a tall glass of whole milk*

Attaboy.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    The other day, I was going to make a turkey-avocado club sandwich. I cooked some bacon, sliced a tomato, chopped up some lettuce, split an avocado, got the turkey out of the fridge, plated up 3 slices of bread to toast, then went looking for the mayo.

After a while, I remembered that I'd finished off my jar of mayo a few days before. So I put the stuff that has to be put back back, and jumped in my car to head to the store for some mayo. Car wouldn't start.

Headed back inside, looked up the stick-blender method of making mayo, and made some mayo, and made my sandwich.

Fast forward to tonight, after struggling to change a battery in a Chevy (what the fuck is wrong with GM?) when I decided I wanted a grilled-cheese sandwich.

I got out 2 slices of provolone, 2 slices of cheddar, two slices of bread, and my butter..... and I was all out of butter.

Ah, but I have home-made mayo.

So for the first time in my life, I made a grilled cheese with mayo instead of butter.

It was pretty damned good. As good as with butter? Yes, but not better than butter. As good.

• Options
    There’s “salted butter” flavor I want from my grilled cheese that I find mayo doesn’t provide.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    There’s “salted butter” flavor I want from my grilled cheese that I find mayo doesn’t provide.

This might be an advertisement for salted butter. No one who actually cooks good food buys salted butter. Why is my ad-blocker failing me? You salt your bread slices when you make grilled cheese.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »

This might be an advertisement for salted butter. No one who actually cooks good food buys salted butter. Why is my ad-blocker failing me? You salt your bread slices when you make grilled cheese.

Sorry, say what?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options

Sorry, say what?

I was quite clear.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Now that I've done it a few times from the non-stem end it's really easy to do, but I still like doing stem first because it works better as a general eating experience. Easier to hold, peels less messily, the gross bit is tucked away in the bottom instead of making me take it off first, etc. It's the difference of being able to eat it with zero conscious thought vs putting my full attention into it so I don't end up covered in mush.

I'm really confused about how a banana is made harder to hold or messier to peel if you open it from one end instead of the other.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

I'm really confused about how a banana is made harder to hold or messier to peel if you open it from one end instead of the other.

Some people like to use the monkey trick, which involves molesting the non-stem end with their thumb.

Me, I like to grab it by the stem and make a whip-cracking motion. It’s more satisfying.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Sorry, say what?

I was quite clear.

Oh so you were just being wrong. Cool cool fair enough.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Unsalted butter might technically be more optimal because it lets you fully modulate how much salt you add but honestly that's not going to be the deciding factor in if someone's food is good or not.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    unsalted butter is for baking

that's it

there's a reason salted butter sells way more

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Because people don't add nearly enough salt to their food when they cook and the salted butter helps mitigate that fact, is my guess.

This discussion has been closed.