As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need advice: selling a lot of old (2012-2015) pins

Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
I'm unfortunately in a situation where I lost my job and am having a hard time finding a new one so I need to sell my pins. I am a newbie when it comes to selling online and could use people's advice. Specifically if anyone has advice on the following (or general advice) I'd really appreciate it

I assume I should sell on ebay; is that right?
Is there any way I can figure out roughly what pins are worth so I can put a decent reserve price?
Any other advice?

I need to update my 2014-2015 pins but in case anyone is interested what I have you can see it on this Google Spreadsheet.

Thanks y'all

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    eBay will probably give you the widest reach in terms of potential buyers. You can search the Sold listings on eBay to check out how much a particular pin has recently sold for. The Pinny Pals Slack group (bit.ly/pinslack) also has a channel (#yardsale) for selling pins.

This thread has useful information on shipping pins: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/196322/dmosinee-s-guide-to-convenient-cost-effective-pin-shipping/p1 (TL;DR: Ship in a bubble mailer using First Class mail)

All the best!

• Options
    CoppatopCoppatop Registered User regular
    DLC Pin? 3 Leeroy pins? Dang man, hit up ebay, your collection is valuable just based on those two.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm interested in your entire collection. I messaged you; happy to discuss the details at your convenience. Either way, best of luck with your sales and your future endeavors!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    Thanks y'all - sorry I was afk this weekend because I had what I could only describe as the plague. I'll eventually put up pictures and such. @Chubby Bunny I just responded to you; sorry it took me so long

• Options
    @Midas244 no worries man. Glad you survived the plague and I hope you're feeling better!

• Options
    SpiritmasterSpiritmaster Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in some as well. Let me know!

• Options
    xwolfxheartxxwolfxheartx Registered User new member
    I'd be interested in a couple of the PAX East pins. Please let me know what you'd want for them.

• Options
    I’m most likely going to be selling it as a lot together - I know I’ll get less money that way but there’s so many pins it’ll take a ton of effort to sell them individually. I know that sucks for y’all and I’m sorry about that. I’m getting stuff organized on my side but I should have a better idea by the end of the week the latest

• Options
    So a bunch of yall have PMed me about individual pins. While I’d prefer to sell them as a lot I also understand that pins are hard to get and people want to finish their collection. So to try to help people: if anyone has interest in individual pins PM me. If I can exclude them from the big lot (I.e. easier odds if I have a lot of them) I’ll try to set them aside. Basically I’ll do the best I can to try to help y’all out

• Options
    I've got a lot of PMs but just to answer en mass to everyone: I got an offer for $4,500 for the lot. That'll save me a lot of time of selling it individually I would guess. I'm figuring everything out but yeah that's where I'm at right now

• Options
    awkwarriorawkwarrior Registered User regular
    Midas244 wrote: »
    I've got a lot of PMs but just to answer en mass to everyone: I got an offer for $4,500 for the lot. That'll save me a lot of time of selling it individually I would guess. I'm figuring everything out but yeah that's where I'm at right now

Just tell your buyer; if they want to resell any of it, please post here ;)

• Options
    @Midas244 hey, just followed up with your message :)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Goddamn. I'm currently contemplating offloading my complete collection (complete 2012 through South 2018) so I may have to get on this.

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Goddamn. I'm currently contemplating offloading my complete collection (complete 2012 through South 2018) so I may have to get on this.

@TheAggroCraig I'd love to see what you're considering offloading! :)@Midas244 can (hopefully) attest that I try to be as fair as possible in my offers.

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    pbtampbtam Registered User regular
    Craig... threadjacking!