As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Our lawyers are even now writing up cease and desist orders on all these flagrant examples of industrial espionage.

Who knew Death Star plans would be so difficult to keep secret???

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Saw what you will about Ghost Captains, but they are "bold".
    Activate Mecatol Rex.
    Move in carriers, fighters, and infantry from Saudor.
    T/F/S -> 2/2/2

@Ketar

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    No response. We've been telling people to go ahead and take MR for a while now.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Our lawyers are even now writing up cease and desist orders on all these flagrant examples of industrial espionage.

We could have created these plans before you did! Death stars are simple really

Phyphor wrote: »

We could have created these plans before you did! Death stars are simple really

If they're so simple then why are yours slower and more expensive to build? Or is your legal defense team just putting together a "ours is worse so it can't possibly be copied!" court defense...?

@A Half Eaten Oreo anything else with your conquest of MR?

Sorry meeting. But no that was it.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Action on @Ketar, then.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Focused Research
    Action: Spend 4 trade goods to research 1 technology.

Research Assault Cannon.

This is an impactful enough Action Card that it's worth performing a Sabotage card call. All other players to chime in on a play or pass.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No Sabo

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    no sabo

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    No Sabo

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

No Sabo

Just need Sabotage play/pass confirmation from @Phyphor before we move on to Lykouragh's turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2019
    We think a machine gun on a Death Star seems like overkill.
    We are willing to host a nuclearDeath Star disarmament conference at Mecatol Rex, for the sake of the Galaxy.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
    Oh whoops, No sabotage

Activate Saudor, moving in dread+GF from Mellon, dropping GF, ->1/4/2

@El Skid

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    We think a machine gun on a Death Star seems like overkill.
    We are willing to host a nuclearDeath Star disarmament conference at Mecatol Rex, for the sake of the Galaxy.

We think any weapons are overkill. Lets fight pincer to pincer as god intended. We will settle our differences with the tradition of claw-blach!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Play Trade Primary.

Gain 3 TGs and refresh our own commodities.

Refresh N'orr commodities for free as an apology for the destroyer pilot not pressing the self destruct button like we told him to.

Offer to refresh the Yssaril's commodities along with a 2(ours) for 3 (theirs) commodity exchange

Offer to take the Ghosts' last remaining commodity to do a refresh followed by a 2 for 2 commodity exchange

All others to play or pass on secondary. Death Star plan stealing races can feel free to make us an offer that includes settlement of outstanding lawsuits for a refresh.

Offer to refresh the Yssaril's commodities along with a 2(ours) for 3 (theirs) commodity exchange

we'll accept this

Bah, commodities, who needs them?

We accept. Give Muat our commodity for a refresh. Then confirm 2:2 trade.

I want to note that since transactions may only be performed once per player pair per action, you could hand over the first commodity in this action, but will have to wait until your next action to actually perform the second commodity trade.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Got it

@ketar I think that leaves you to play or pass on trade secondary, and/or offer us a deal I guess.

Pass on Trade.

edited March 2019
    Round 5: Action Phase Update 2

The L1z1x Mindnet: Play the primary ability of the (7) Technology Strategy Card, researching War Sun.
    Letnev plays on the secondary (SP 3 --> 2), exhausting Fria (2R) and Quann (2R) to research War Sun.
    Muaat plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), exhausting Wellon (Y Tech Specialty) to research Integrated Economy.
    N'orr plays on the secondary (SP 4 --> 3), exhausting Zohbat (3R) and 1 Trade Good (TG 14 --> 13) to research Plasma Scoring.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Mecatol Rex system. (TP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 1 Infantry from the Saudor system.
    Land 1 Infantry on Mecatol Rex.
    The Barony of Letnev: Play Action Card "Focused Research" (AC 5 --> 4), spending 4 Trade Goods (TG 6 --> 2) to research Assault Cannon.
    The Yssaril Tribes: Activate the Saudor system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Dreadnought and 1 Infantry from Mellon.
    Land 1 Infantry on Saudor.
    The Embers of Muaat: Perform transaction, receiving 1 Commodity from Creuss. (Muaat TG 0 --> 1; Creuss C 1 --> 0)
    Play the primary ability of the (5) Trade Strategy Card, gaining 3 Trade Goods. (TG 1 --> 4)
    Refresh commodities for Muaat, Yssaril, N'orr, and Creuss. (Muaat C 0 --> 4; Yssaril C 0 --> 3; N'orr C 0 --> 3; Creuss C 0 --> 4)
    Perform transaction, giving 2 Commodities to Yssaril in exchange for 3 Commodities. (Muaat C 4 --> 2, TG 4 --> 7; Yssaril C 3 --> 0, TG 6 --> 8)

Current Map: Action Phase Update 2

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 6 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 6 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 4 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 3 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 2 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems. - Yssaril, Letnev, Muaat, L1z1x
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources. - N'orr
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait. - Letnev, Yssaril
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence. - Letnev, Yssaril, Muaat
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. - Muaat, Creuss
    Manipulate Galactic Law (2 VP): Spend 16 influence.
    4 Stage II Objectives remain in the line.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 1 completed:
    - Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and one or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    The Embers of Muaat - 1 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand, 2 completed:
    - Make an Example of their World (Action Phase, 1 VP): Use Bombardment to destroy the last of a player's ground forces on a planet.
    - Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 1 completed:
    - Spark a Rebellion (Action Phase, 1 VP): Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points.
    Sardakk N'orr - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 1 completed:
    - Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.

Special Objectives
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by L1z1x.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev, Round 3.
    The Crown of Emphidia (1 VP) - Held by Muaat.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 4
    Fleet Pool: 5
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Muaat's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Cruiser II, Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)
    Commodities: 2 / 4
    Trade Goods: 7

Tactic Pool: 1
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Yssaril's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Transit Diodes, Integrated Economy, Prototype War Sun II, Destroyer II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 8
    Action Cards: 8

Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Spy Net)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Transparasteel Plating, Hyper Metabolism, Mageon Implants, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    X - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 13
    Action Cards: 5

Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Exotrireme II

Worlds:
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 7

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Super-Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hits produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 4 / 4
    Trade Goods: 0

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Wormhole Generator, Light/Wave Deflector, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Infantry II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds and Overarching Game Effects
    Regulated Conscription: When a player produces units, they produce only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Minister of Sciences: Held by Muaat. When Muaat resolves the primary or secondary ability of the "Technology" strategy card, they do not need to spend resources to research technology.
    The Crown of Emphidia: Held by Muaat. Grants 1 victory point. If a player gains control of a planet in Muaat's home system, this card and its victory point is transferred to that player.
    Minister of Peace: Held by Yssaril. After a player activates a system containing 1 or more units of a different player, Yssaril may discard this card to immediately end the active player's turn.

Order of Play
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) - (1) Leadership
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) - (3) Politics
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) - (5) Trade
    Sardakk N'orr (@38thDoe) - (6) Warfare Current Player
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor) - (7) Technology
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo) - (8) Imperial

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2019
    Play warfare pick up my token from home system put into tactics, @Phyphor @A Half Eaten Oreo @ketar @Lykouragh @El Skid for secondary.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Pass on warfare secondary

edited March 2019
    Play on Warfare secondary. Exhaust Arc Prime, Abyz and Wren Terra and spend 2 TG, + 1R from Sarween Tools and build a War Sun.

4/5/1

Ketar on
    Incidental question, did the Ghosts deliberately not land on MR?

Play Warfare secondary. Exhaust Retillion, Lodor, and Xxehan (6R), also spending 2 TG. Build dreadnought, cruiser, fighter, GF in home system. ->1/4/1

Lykouragh wrote: »

Play Warfare secondary. Exhaust Retillion, Lodor, and Xxehan (6R), also spending 2 TG. Build dreadnought, cruiser, fighter, GF in home system. ->1/4/1

We meant to land!

Plat warfare secondary. Exhaust Creuss (4R), Star Point (3R) and New Albion (1R), produce 2 carriers, 2 fighters, and 2 infantry.
    T/F/S -> 2/2/1

We meant to land!

Plat warfare secondary. Exhaust Creuss (4R), Star Point (3R) and New Albion (1R), produce 2 carriers, 2 fighters, and 2 infantry.
    T/F/S -> 2/2/1

Infantry and fighters cost 1 each now, right?

We meant to land!

T/F/S -> 2/2/1

Infantry and fighters cost 1 each now, right?

Yeas, that was actually not the error in my math, I was counting Carriers as 2s, make my order:
    Plat warfare secondary. Exhaust Creuss (4R), Star Point (3R) and New Albion (1R), produce 1 carriers, 2 fighters, and 3 infantry.
    T/F/S -> 2/2/1

I would like to mention to the table that I voted that expensive fighter law in because I was terrified of a N'orr with a million fighters and GF and now I feel silly about it.

I would like to mention to the table that I voted that expensive fighter law in because I was terrified of a N'orr with a million fighters and GF and now I feel silly about it.

We might've also not taken the optimal path down the technology tree.

If there are supposed to be Creuss infantry on MR, I have no issues with MrBlarney making that change.

I know I thought they were going to be there based on the Creuss move, even if a landing was not explicitly spelled out.

Ketar wrote: »
    If there are supposed to be Creuss infantry on MR, I have no issues with MrBlarney making that change.

I know I thought they were going to be there based on the Creuss move, even if a landing was not explicitly spelled out.

I honestly forgot that's a thing you have to do, so I'm ok if they stay in space. I do think it's pretty obvious there is no reason for me to do that.

I didn't put the Infantry on Mecatol Rex since I didn't see it ordered, and I think El Skid tried to nudge A Half Eaten Oreo just to make sure all of the action orders were in, but if Ketar and the rest of the table (including A Half Eaten Oreo) is okay with amending Creuss' previous action to include a landing, I'm fine with allowing that revision.

4463rwiq7r47.png