As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2019 - Pre Pax Game Night

2»

• Options
    EredelleEredelle Registered User new member
    Hi All! First time attendee at PAX. I hope to be there with my husband! If we make it we will be traveling light but can try to bring some card games like Flux and Love Letter. Hope to see you there!

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ask and you shall receive!!

Just got word back from our contact at the Westin: there will be a card reader at the bar in the ballroom this year.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    WuShock wrote: »

Just got word back from our contact at the Westin: there will be a card reader at the bar in the ballroom this year.
    Great news!

• Options
    LejicLejic Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »

Oh that's awesome! Phew, no need to carry as much cash as I did before.

• Options
    davethebabedavethebabe Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in playing some heavier games?

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    What are you looking for?

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    ishtra wrote: »
    What are you looking for?

Lisboa, Castell, Newton, pixie queen, anachrony, co2 (competitive), pulsar, trickerion, bruxelles, forum trajanum, teothuacan, wendake...stuff like that?

• Options
    mouseydewmouseydew Registered User regular
    I’m planning on attending at the start of the event. I’ll have a boatload of North Star Games’ Evolutions with me. Even a print and play of the upcoming Oceans release (kickstarts on March 26!)

• Options
    Zimtok5Zimtok5 Registered User new member
    First time PAX East attendee, here. As I'm flying in from Scotland on Wednesday, I might be a bit wrecked. If I'm not, I hope to see you all there and plan to bring Pit... bit of a crazy (and loud) commodities trading game for 3-8 players. Can't wait to try some new games out.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    mouseydew wrote: »
    I’m planning on attending at the start of the event. I’ll have a boatload of North Star Games’ Evolutions with me. Even a print and play of the upcoming Oceans release (kickstarts on March 26!)

oh shoot, that's today! can't wait to jump on that

• Options
    Chaotic IgnoranceChaotic Ignorance Registered User regular
    Would anyone be interested in stumbling through a casual game of Root? I've purchased the game, but have yet to try it, so it would be a learn as we play sort of deal.

• Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I just saw a post for Oceans ... now I gotta take a real look at it

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    Would anyone be interested in stumbling through a casual game of Root? I've purchased the game, but have yet to try it, so it would be a learn as we play sort of deal.

I would love to do this. I tried to make this exact thing happen at Unplugged with my own copy, but we couldn't make it happen; we ended up playing lighter fare that evening. Please let me know where you end up!

• Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    I'm debating bringing a Dropmix set-up with me, though I might have to make some sort of rules/reminder sheet to make the 1v1/2v2 modes worth playing. We'll see how my PAX packing goes!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    Xenigma wrote: »
    I'm debating bringing a Dropmix set-up with me, though I might have to make some sort of rules/reminder sheet to make the 1v1/2v2 modes worth playing. We'll see how my PAX packing goes!

I don't know if you've been to this before, but I find the event space gets really loud. I'm not sure you would be able to hear the game well. That's just my opinion from previously attending.

• Options

I don't know if you've been to this before, but I find the event space gets really loud. I'm not sure you would be able to hear the game well. That's just my opinion from previously attending.

Indeed it does (as do most con tabletop areas), which is why I have a portable speaker specifically for playing the game with. Just a matter of making sure everything's charged and figuring out which cards to bring since I can't expect anyone to have their own decks.

Pins? Pins!
  • Options

Indeed it does (as do most con tabletop areas), which is why I have a portable speaker specifically for playing the game with. Just a matter of making sure everything's charged and figuring out which cards to bring since I can't expect anyone to have their own decks.

Lol well there you go :) that's awesome :)

• Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I'll be around from about 6pm, unfortunately not getting in to Boston till 5.

• Options
    mouseydewmouseydew Registered User regular

I might be down. What time you think you might be there?

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    We are setting up, folks. THIS IS HAPPENING.

Please come (starting at 4)....and BRING GAMES!

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Chaotic IgnoranceChaotic Ignorance Registered User regular

At this point I'm not entirely sure. Slight change of plans and I'm not over in Boston just yet. I'll update if things change, but it seems there's definitely people interested in playing Root! Does anyone else have a copy to share?

• Options

At this point I'm not entirely sure. Slight change of plans and I'm not over in Boston just yet. I'll update if things change, but it seems there's definitely people interested in playing Root! Does anyone else have a copy to share?

I can join in after 7:30 or so — looks like my bus is an hour out and I still have to grab my speaker badge from will call before settling in. I’m betting if you arrived at 6 and started explaining things I’d get there just as soon as you were half an hour from being able to explain things to me, haha

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Wish I was there!! Hope you're all having fun. See you tomorrow! :D

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    Sad I missed out (room share was...weird) but hope everyone had a good time! Maybe next year?

Pins? Pins!