As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Darmak wrote: »
    Coming back after a long absence on Xbone for the new melee rework and the Vallis/nightwavvle stuff.

And I have to say, the galvacord is civilization.

See, I just finished leveling the Exergis, Plinx, and Galvacord, and I gotta say I wasn't impressed with the Galvacord much. What do you like about it, exactly?

The default range and the big sweeping arc on the standard attack. I can lock down a hallway quite easily just spamming regular melees and hit just about anything from 9-3 o'clock.

I haven't tried it on much high level content yet, but for non nightmare difficulties I find it quite versatile.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Papagander wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Okay, so, there is now like 4 slots available on Xbox, oops I forgot to make an Alliance I'll get on that, please post here and probably ping me as well for an invite.

We are not talkative or outgoing, but we have a very nice dojo and full labs.

Edit: Alliance is up as "Name Goes Here"

@dporowski I'm LyrKing if I can get my clan Grey Legacy into the Alliance. I think you need to send either me or my clan an invite?

Also for the whole get and give a favor, if any PA folk on Xbox cannot get into dporowski's Xbox clan, I offer up Grey Legacy as a clan as well. I'm a solo player by nature (and the clan was created just so I could mess around with dojo design), but if people are willing to put up with my causal/solo way of life I'm open to grouping with folks and letting ppl into my clan. This way once I'm in the alliance we're all able to talk to each other as well. Be considerate, shyboy/lurker here. I try to be polite and kind, however. Assuming the real xbox clan fills up and we need space before expanding and upping costs.

I literally have no idea how that works, so okay I'll poke at it.

We got like 4 slots atm though, so.

@dporowski Got the invite, ty sir! I think everything should be set. Will try to post in alliance and say hi every now and then. Not sure how much I bring to the table, but if any Xbox folk want to group I'd be down for it here and there.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    One concern I have about the first stage of the melee changes is how they'll affect the balance of fist weapons in the Conclave, since their slam attacks are stronger and they can now be used from much farther away.

Okay, that is not actually a concern I have.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Only downside I've noticed to melee changes is when you're scanning stuff.

Used to be you could melee attack without losing the scanner, now it fully switches and you have to re-equip it every time.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Used to be you could melee attack without losing the scanner, now it fully switches and you have to re-equip it every time.
    It hasn't done that to me for a while on PC, though it certainly did early on.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    I had remapped my melee button, so with the melee changes I've now had to remap 6ish buttons? With at least one more coming as I realized last night that the buttons for Void mode and revive are in weird positions for using together.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Same thing with mining and fishing.

• Options
    Impacts SpoilerMode so spoilering:
    Have to say ty to @Lucid_Seraph and everyone else who said to get rid of the Mote ASAP. I scraped together a LOT of intact cores while spending a fair amount of the double resources weekend in POE. I would loop around the lakes for wisps, stop at the Twin Horns spot for fishing and mining at the end. Got enough wisps and cores to rank up once with Quills and buy those first three AMP blueprints. Now I hit like a truck and have a lot more flexibility in firing/fighting SpoilerMode. It's night and day.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yes same for me! Got a bunch of those wisps. I wish the cores were also double resources.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

On the other hand, it's a bit faster to switch out of the scanner now.

• Options
    Yeah, overall I appreciate the change. Its all around faster to move between everything. But there were times I wanted to stay in Scanner/Mining/Fishing mode and just needed to melee some annoying patrol that wandered into me (or stood between me and the next spot). I think its a net gain, but I am missing the persistent gather modes.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    PoE is pretty hellish for going around just gathering resources/mining. Constantly interrupted by grineer and try to just tank the damage when I can but eventually it's like ALRIGHT FINE I WILL KILL YOU ALL! ARE YOU HAPPY? LEAVE ME ALONE FOR 5 MINS GOD.

In Orb Vallis at least mining is really good in caves and there are very few enemies in them.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    PoE is pretty hellish for going around just gathering resources/mining. Constantly interrupted by grineer and try to just tank the damage when I can but eventually it's like ALRIGHT FINE I WILL KILL YOU ALL! ARE YOU HAPPY? LEAVE ME ALONE FOR 5 MINS GOD.

In Orb Vallis at least mining is really good in caves and there are very few enemies in them.

Khora is helpful for some of that because Venari AI takes down things on the ground. The flying enemies you can ignore mostly - on their own they won't break your shields for a long time.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    PoE has some really dense mining caves though. Like, once the grineer have been dealt with it's insane amounts of materials.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    If you have Ivara, bring Ivara. Murder Grineer in stealth, then go quietly stealth fishing and mining and be unbothered.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    If you have Ivara, bring Ivara. Murder Grineer in stealth, then go quietly stealth fishing and mining and be unbothered.

Strictly speaking, the mining laser isn't silent, so it breaks Prowl while in use.

It won't decloak from stealth arrows though.

Ivara having redundant invisibility is kind of silly.

At any rate for mining you just want to hit the cave system to the left of the entrance by the lake. So many nodes in there and the grineer don't respawn.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Somehow I found a guide online that was recommending going overland for nodes. I knew there were caves but everything seemed to say "just run around outside." Well anyway, the double resources is over now and I don't know that I need anything else from PoE at this exact moment.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Strictly speaking, the mining laser isn't silent, so it breaks Prowl while in use.

At any rate for mining you just want to hit the cave system to the left of the entrance by the lake. So many nodes in there and the grineer don't respawn.

Even the plasma drill with the stealth module breaks Prowl?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

There is a new ability for the mining laser you can buy from Smokefinger in Fortuna which makes the laser silent, or quieter at least so it doesn't alert enemies from all over the place. I have never bothered to mine on Ivara so I don't know if it still breaks stealth while in use, but it could be worth checking out.

I just mine with Mesa which takes care of anything in the caves and their families at home.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Omigawd. That mining cave is so full at Twin Horn or whatever that I thought the nodes were regenerating as I mined at one point. I had sworn I had just gotten all the ones in a given area, but it has many upper and lower levels as well as a few offshoots. I wouldn't have to travel the map much at all for resources, just hit the lake for 10 minutes fishing up a storm and spend 20-30 hitting as many of the mining nodes as I felt like. Except I wanted to run around the water ways for the wisps first. Insane node density in that cave, its great.

Edit: I mean it too. I seriously thought nodes regenerating while you were still in an area might just be a feature of Double Resources weekend or something. Took me a bit to figure out it was just the density of the nodes in that cave.

Papagander on
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I always take Ivara, not for the stealth, but for the wire arrow. Makes mining in caves a lot easier.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I LOL when I go into the POE cave by the lake and there are a bunch of nodes in impossible (for me) to reach locations. You know like down in an abyss just far enough from the edge that the scanner can't scan it ... or my favorite high in the top of the cave with nothing nearby to hope to reach it ... those are the best. But the actual good part is that there are SO MANY nodes in there that missing one or two won't break my heart. The obsessive-compulsive in me cries a little though (after several minutes of trying). It's the same reason I take my time through missions ... I HAVE to open EVERY locker and container or I feel a bit bad. I don't have Ivara so no wire for me.

Good thing is that I will actually be able to do the SO act this week. Ground through the New Strange quest last night just to get to the point that I can run those three SO waves tonight. I looked it up and ... bejeebus is there a ton to do before I can get spoiler mode ... I ... got a little disheartened by how much I have to do still to get that. I'm still four planets and three quests away even though I'm chugging through Ceres. Oh, and that OCD I talked about earlier won't let me NOT complete all the nodes on a planet before I move to the next. Well, with the exception of Phobos because I'm still gunshy from that one twenty times I failed that mission in a row ... I still have trauma about whether I want to subject myself to that again. Add on the fact that I need to run a bunch of archwing missions to level the Itzal and the Velocitus and add in nightwave challenges and that is not even on the back burner. I should get to that.

On the topic of nightwave ... Are the nightmare missions that bad? I know you can run any of them you have access to but which ones/types should I prioritize if I want to get that with the least amount of trauma?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I LOL when I go into the POE cave by the lake and there are a bunch of nodes in impossible (for me) to reach locations. You know like down in an abyss just far enough from the edge that the scanner can't scan it ... or my favorite high in the top of the cave with nothing nearby to hope to reach it ... those are the best. But the actual good part is that there are SO MANY nodes in there that missing one or two won't break my heart. The obsessive-compulsive in me cries a little though (after several minutes of trying). It's the same reason I take my time through missions ... I HAVE to open EVERY locker and container or I feel a bit bad. I don't have Ivara so no wire for me.

Good thing is that I will actually be able to do the SO act this week. Ground through the New Strange quest last night just to get to the point that I can run those three SO waves tonight. I looked it up and ... bejeebus is there a ton to do before I can get spoiler mode ... I ... got a little disheartened by how much I have to do still to get that. I'm still four planets and three quests away even though I'm chugging through Ceres. Oh, and that OCD I talked about earlier won't let me NOT complete all the nodes on a planet before I move to the next. Well, with the exception of Phobos because I'm still gunshy from that one twenty times I failed that mission in a row ... I still have trauma about whether I want to subject myself to that again. Add on the fact that I need to run a bunch of archwing missions to level the Itzal and the Velocitus and add in nightwave challenges and that is not even on the back burner. I should get to that.

On the topic of nightwave ... Are the nightmare missions that bad? I know you can run any of them you have access to but which ones/types should I prioritize if I want to get that with the least amount of trauma?

Depending on the Nightmare modifier, they can be quite easy.

There's a no shield one that varies. Taking Nidus/Iranos makes the modifier irrelevant, taking Hildryn not so much.

edit: Oh, and the modifier applies to enemies as well. Grineer/Infested are unaffected, but Corpus get screwed by it.

I just did the timed mission capture and exterminate ones. Timer is generous and gets extended with every kill, so anything that can gun down mooks while running and gunning works. Note that the timer is until you extract, not just completing the objective. But otherwise, not much different than a normal mission.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Timer mode extermination. Killing enemies adds time. You start at 5 min and easily finish with 10+ on the clock.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    My reaction to this weeks selection of nightwave missions:
    "Thanks, I hate it".

P.S: I mean really. Silver Grove Specters? What's next, hunting Fusion Moas?

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Also thanks to the generosity of some PA'ers two long uncompleted Primes are now in the oven; Sybaris and Oberon.

Now just for everything else.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    "Thanks, I hate it".

Ya... Not looking forward to having to fetch plants for that one either.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    Wow, something I have never seen before after probably a couple hundred hours of play.

Assassinate the flesh abomination on an invasion event, killed him, got to the exit, heard my helios scan something. Beside me at the end was a grineer crate but it was glowing a bit in a way I've never seen, and opening it got me a 30 minutes affinity booster?!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    "Thanks, I hate it".

Ya... Not looking forward to having to fetch plants for that one either.

I keep missing daytime on earth. Which is apparently a different cycle than the PoE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've sometimes got 30 minute credit boosters from within a mission before, I don't remember if it was loot or while I had Helios with me. I wish I could have Helios with me always, but there is (an adorable Adarza) new space kitty I need to level and tons of kubrows to level too.

Btw, I know Equinox is the new prime, but will there be two returning primes as well? and if so, do we know which yet? I've only seen things for Equinox mentioned.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Y'all

Right as the patch hit, I was in a Defense Arbitration as Frost +200% Strength, which was already lovely because it meant Icy Avalanche was chucking out 3k+ Icy Coatings.

I convince everybody to go for a full 30 minutes.

I get Adaptation AND the Seeding Step ephemera.

Hellllll yeah.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    "Thanks, I hate it".

Hey, take a Nekros and get yourself some rolls on rare mods.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Wow, something I have never seen before after probably a couple hundred hours of play.

Assassinate the flesh abomination on an invasion event, killed him, got to the exit, heard my helios scan something. Beside me at the end was a grineer crate but it was glowing a bit in a way I've never seen, and opening it got me a 30 minutes affinity booster?!

Sometimes rare crates spawn. These have rare stuff like 30 minute boosters. You can notice them because they have a sort of static-y sheen to them, like players under a void fissure buff.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Sometimes rare crates spawn. These have rare stuff like 30 minute boosters. You can notice them because they have a sort of static-y sheen to them, like players under a void fissure buff.

They also have a singing sounds like the special vaults in sabotage missions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Daimar wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

They also have a singing sounds like the special vaults in sabotage missions.

Yep. But their range has always seemed like it was shorter than the vaults.

remember when one of the vault puzzles on Lua gave boosters? *Sigh*

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Those canisters are also where you get the parts for the Mantis landing craft.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Ah, the rare Rare Container. I've gotten a few on Corpus ships and from one I got a Mantis Fuselage and another a 30 Minute booster. I think I got one before I knew what to look for and I think that also had a 30-minute booster. This is why I scour levels ... I also murder every. single. crewman. because ... I'm a serial killer(?). I often wonder if I'm causing some poor mook to be sent to the debt internment camp at Solaris United because he was on his last loaner and that body was his make or break it body ... then I proceed to cut him up in tiny pieces because ... you can't leave any evidence of the body right ... right?

Edit: Just logged into the game and got a small 15MB update. Was there a hotfix or something?

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Ah, the rare Rare Container. I've gotten a few on Corpus ships and from one I got a Mantis Fuselage and another a 30 Minute booster. I think I got one before I knew what to look for and I think that also had a 30-minute booster. This is why I scour levels ... I also murder every. single. crewman. because ... I'm a serial killer(?). I often wonder if I'm causing some poor mook to be sent to the debt internment camp at Solaris United because he was on his last loaner and that body was his make or break it body ... then I proceed to cut him up in tiny pieces because ... you can't leave any evidence of the body right ... right?

Edit: Just logged into the game and got a small 15MB update. Was there a hotfix or something?

Some small fixes, closing the vault, yeah.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I don't suppose anyone on PC has a single War Blade laying around they're willing to trade away?

Orphane on
  • Options
    I saw someone complaining that the Nightwave goal to do 10 syndicate missions was populating their missions with people rushing to finish rather than looking for all the seeds.

Is that a thing people actually do? Go exploring the entire level in detail looking for seeds? I pick them up if I stumble across them but some are so well hidden it doesn't feel worth it. And I can't imagine complaining about something you get 9 missions per day which refresh every day and can also do solo if it's a concern. I almost never run into another person in a syndicate mission as it is.

This discussion has been closed.