As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Santa Alter is pretty much just that, and she's currently only beaten by Iskandar when it comes to doing AoE damage against Berserkers or Casters

she's easily one of the best welfares out there on that alone

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Why the hell aren't the best nodes yet open on the last weekend this is such a stupid event...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Not sure I'll bother farming Avici, that one was rough for me last time.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Avici looks pretty easy now actually, compared to all the ones before it. Everyone is low health, with the highest being the final enemy at 120K.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Rolled once on Lancer banner, hoping for LArtoria, Lalter, or Karna. Got.... Enkidu.
    Rolled once on Rider hoping for Quetz or Medb or Ozy NP2. Got... Drake NP4 the endless Spook.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Man, these are bringing back memories from last year. Don't need Poster Girl on Mephistopheles anymore to ensure he eats hits, so my riders will survive wave 2 to reach Gilles, because during the first run, I didn't have enough riders to fill out the roster. Or only beating the hardest tea set hell by using command seals. And I think a quartz, because I wanted to at least get it finished once for completion's sake.

Rolled once on Lancer banner, hoping for LArtoria, Lalter, or Karna. Got.... Enkidu.
    Rolled once on Rider hoping for Quetz or Medb or Ozy NP2. Got... Drake NP4 the endless Spook.
    tfw your luck is so good that you can just hope and expect SSRs off only 1 10 roll

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    ... and Im just sitting here, contemplating if I should risk all SQ I will gather to this point to try and fail to get Quetz in May, or to not roll ANYTHING except for GSSR in summer and wait for autumn, when there will be Merlin and Musashi returns.

At least I have NP5 Nobu now at 61 lvl, so that's something. Who should I finish raising first, Np5 Nobu or NP2 Emiya? Emiya is generally stronger archer, correct?

Asthariel on
    Be aware that the guaranteed gacha is paid quartz only.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Be aware that the guaranteed gacha is paid quartz only.

Yeah, Im aware, I already bought previous one to get Lancer Artoria.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Sure is a fuckton of free materials over on the japanese server today. That is much appreciated, although I still need bones. Many bones, forever.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    tfw your luck is so good that you can just hope and expect SSRs off only 1 10 roll

I normally strike out on these single 10 rolls. Somehow i got Wrong Lucky twice in a row this time....

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

I agreed with this. But got Okita in one roll at the start of the event and the monk in one roll today. So I dunno.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    So, is Hijikata worth throwing quartz at?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Huh, we're about to get a free All-Buster-NP Berserker? Interesting.

uyvfOQy.png
    Skeith wrote: »

I use him a fair bit on my JP account, but it's mostly just because I like him so much. As far as single target berserkers go, he's more niche than the likes of Cu Alter or Kintoki.

Skeith wrote: »

His kit revolves around the same deal as Anne/Bonny in that he wants to be as low health as possible to hit as hard as possible, with the benefits and drawbacks being a Berserker provides in that regard.

I don't know how many of you play fighting games, but I hope some of you might appreciate my new Hitbox.
    9MK90jq.jpg?1

Au8457n.jpg?1

t4W3Elz.jpg

She's not coming out in NA for far too long. :(

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Shouldn't there be a joystick or something?

Shouldn't there be a joystick or something?

It's a Hitbox. The left portion is Left/Down/Up. The big button at the bottom is Up/Jump.

I have a normal stick too, but I still need to modify the art and buttons on it. Transitioning to the hitbox primarily though. It feels so good.

So the buttons are analog stick inputs? Weird. Neat, but weird.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Fighting games don't really care about the analog part, usually they model as just which direction is being held (diagonals just mean e.g. up and left are active). Hence why d-pads are preferred on pads usually.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

D-Pad. All arcade sticks are mapped by default to the controller d-pad. Though there's a toggle rocker or switch (in the back on this one) to change inputs to left or right stick as needed. I have buttons for all the other controller buttons on the back.

Being self built, this one has a full universal board in it so it'll work on all modern USB systems and pc.

Quarter and half circles can be done by rolling across the direction buttons on the hitbox. Also, some games like Street Fighter have easier shortcuts you can do instead. And it makes double taps of a direction for runs, backlashes, and down down moves so easier. SRK motions are easier too.

Main thing it's improved for me already over stick is easily being able to to jump specials and even tiger knees (doing an air special low off the ground as possible). Charge moves are also much easier. And I'm not getting SRK motions accidentally when doing fireballs like I have happen to me occassionally on a normal stick. But I have absolutely zero muscle memory with it so that's going to take time to build up.

Fightsticks are a fun world. There's other people playing with keyboard based ones too. And normal arcade sticks are still great and have their own advantages. And there's people out there that use PS1 controllers to win tournaments. It's whatever works best for you.Hell, when I was using a normal stick I'd still go back to the pad (normal controller) for some games myself.

I understand some of these words.

Neat though.

I need to stop looking at JP reveals and servants. Because oh man Kama. I need her. Two fucking years man.

At least I have this summer to look forward to in NA.

uyvfOQy.png
    This event is pretty decent so far. I liked that little reference to Nobunaga's Chef.

Oh hello Hijikata Toshizo, how nice of you to come to my Chaldea.
    I wish you were Okita, but you're manly and unique enough to do.

Rolled for CEs, got God Bless Edison. I look forward to levelling him whenever I manage to actually get the embers (my current stock is going to Chacha).

Reynolds wrote: »

I agreed with this. But got Okita in one roll at the start of the event and the monk in one roll today. So I dunno.

And now whoever the Berserker in one, when I just wanted CEs. As long as I don't want the 5 stars, they all show up. Of course the second I save up some quartz or actually want a Servant this 'luck' will disappear...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Humblebragging is against the Shinsengumi code

The Shinsengumi are cops

All hail the Oda Bafuku

I mean the main theme of the era of samurai is "warrior class being the de facto nobility is a bad look for anyone not of that class" and basically smash the state etc, but

I mean Oda Nobunaga was a bad guy in the sense of any daimyo was a bad guy cause these dudes were really into the idea of taking land from rivals via getting all their boys together and just marching in and taking castles.

On the other hand Oda really embraced ashigaru in a time where having peasant soldiers was increasingly frowned upon--indeed, his successor Toyotomi Hideyoshi would outlaw the ownership of weapons for anyone not samurai--though this of course was largely due to necessity, as Owari Domain had a decently large population base to draw from.

And then Oda just really loved tea. All samurai loved tea, it was extraordinarily fashionable and samurai love nothing more than embracing something that makes them look like they have interests beyond warfare and killing. But this man loved tea to the extent that he encouraged his tea master to just create a new way to make tea. And he did. And it's still used today.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I mean Oda Nobunaga was a bad guy in the sense of any daimyo was a bad guy cause these dudes were really into the idea of taking land from rivals via getting all their boys together and just marching in and taking castles.

On the other hand Oda really embraced ashigaru in a time where having peasant soldiers was increasingly frowned upon--indeed, his successor Toyotomi Hideyoshi would outlaw the ownership of weapons for anyone not samurai--though this of course was largely due to necessity, as Owari Domain had a decently large population base to draw from.

And then Oda just really loved tea. All samurai loved tea, it was extraordinarily fashionable and samurai love nothing more than embracing something that makes them look like they have interests beyond warfare and killing. But this man loved tea to the extent that he encouraged his tea master to just create a new way to make tea. And he did. And it's still used today.

Oda dying before completing his conquest probably helps his image though - he gets credit for unifying the country and none of the blame for the issues that followed.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oda Nobunaga literally was that guy who had a black friend so he’s okay in my book.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is the beserker from this event worth leveling? I just pulled Edison who gets an 80% boost so I was thinking of getting him high level real quick.

Should I be doing both factions on this or just the Oda Bakufu missions?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Chacha? She's a solid, if unspectacular AoE berserker. Worth leveling, I'd say.

As for which side, you'll have to do both eventually, as one side gives you the items needed to get Chacha and the other gives you her ascension mats. Don't worry about it too much for now.

edited March 2019
    Chacha is notable for being a 4* AOE berserker who you can easily get to NP5 and also has some self-NP charge built in. If you're looking to do 3-turn clears of farming nodes, slap a kaleidoscope on her and she can clear that third wave without any outside help (although admittedly you would have to raise that skill to level 10 for her to pull that off on turn 3). If you're short on kaleidoscopes, give her an Imaginary Element CE and a support that gives a 20% charge, and that does the job.

The strike against her is that Spartacus already exists, and does the self-charge AOE-NP thing faster and more conveniently than Chacha does. She is much stronger than him, though.

EDIT: tl;dr she is definitely at least worth leveling, although you may not get frequent use out of her unless you are too stubborn to level up Spartacus.

AshtonDragon on