As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2019 Forum Badge

13»

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    The sleeves have arrived and 1 day to go before the names are collected for the back of the forum badge. PAX East 2019 is edging ever closer.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Here's the final version of the back of the badge:
    pftdv753ws0h.png

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    It looks so good! I feel like I'm a part of a super secret club! That I somehow snuck into. Thanks for putting so much work into it, it's awesome!

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    It looks so good! I feel like I'm a part of a super secret club! That I somehow snuck into. Thanks for putting so much work into it, it's awesome!

That feeling never goes away, and it's great. Welcome to the club, friend. *secret forum handshake*

erdub14zr3u2.png

Don't be surprised if you get asked what it is. The forum badge is twice as big as the official PAX pass so it does draw some attention.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Hey, can we do kropotkin a solid and all commit to picking up the badge this year??

npyymaqh3gup.png
    jayh0va wrote: »
    Hey, can we do kropotkin a solid and all commit to picking up the badge this year??

I have only printed 60 this year and over the past couple of years all of the badges have been collected :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Oh wait, I forgot something...THE QUESTIONS!!!

When you collect a Forum Badge from the BYOC desk during PAX East 2019 you must answer ONE of the following questions:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX East community event/activity:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) How much is the Penny Arcade forum badge?

It's free

4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?

zerzhul

5) What is the theme for the PAX East 2019 forum badge?

JRPG

6) There is a list on the back of the forum badge, what does it contain?

The names of forum members who have contributed to the forum badge design.

7) What is written above the PAX Community crest?

Welcome Home

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that give out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) Where do you collect the forum badge during PAX East?

The BYOC registration desk (this is a meta question as they should be standing at the desk as this question is asked)

10) Name the four colours in the shield of the PAX community crest.

Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    My name's not on the back of the badge even though I had a post here prior to deadline... My streak is over and my heart is broken... Still gonna pick one up, but not having my name there will sting... :(

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
    My name's not on the back of the badge even though I had a post here prior to deadline... My streak is over and my heart is broken... Still gonna pick one up, but not having my name there will sting... :(

I'm very sorry about that. I can only apologise for this omission, I'm not sure how it happened :(

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• DorksmetalDorksmetal Ann ArborRegistered User regular
    Is it against the rules to be looking at the answers while being asked for one? Because lol im a horrible on the spot answer person.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dorksmetal wrote: »
    Is it against the rules to be looking at the answers while being asked for one? Because lol im a horrible on the spot answer person.
    No, since it means you were here to get them :)

edited March 2019
    Dorksmetal wrote: »

This is literally what I did last year, for that exact reason. :biggrin:

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• Tap Master CTap Master C Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »

I'm very sorry about that. I can only apologise for this omission, I'm not sure how it happened :(

That's ok, I'll survive, just put my name more prominently on the back of next year's forum badge to make up for this omission, :P

PAX East 2013 Omeganaut

Hmm... I seem to have misplaced my signature...
    Here they are: th0sgbk00axw.jpeg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Tristan3Tristan3 Registered User regular
    Looks amazing! Can't wait to pick one up. Thank you again Kropotkin!

• drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    aw heck! I forgot about this! I haven't been in the forums in a while. It came out absolutely beautiful!! Maybe I can get lucky and snag one like I did last year :)

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    So much better than the actual badge theme... what even is this goo theme supposed to be?

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
    ScudMuffin wrote: »
    So much better than the actual badge theme... what even is this goo theme supposed to be?

We're just too damned creative that's why it's better :) Also safely landed and am currently ensconced in my hotel room drinking tea while writing this very post. Yay for safe air travel.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

I've been parading around the Westin wearing this thing with pride.

PAX Pride.

Forum Pride.

....I've had some drinks.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    Got mine! Thanks K!!
    gs03dpdkz1op.jpeg

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Badges will be leaving shortly, but should be available from BYOC once I've checked my kit in in the morning.

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Badges are at BYOC when you can get to it

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    super sad i spaced on posting here this year to get my name on the badge (i blame grad school), but i'm still hoping to snag one tomorrow! thanks as always for doing this kropotkin, so nice to see traditions maintained over all these years.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Woah, I just found out these were a thing. These are gorgeous! I'm missing Thursday (today) at PAX; I'll be sure to snag one next year!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • iltailta Registered User regular
    Woah, I just found out these were a thing. These are gorgeous! I'm missing Thursday (today) at PAX; I'll be sure to snag one next year!

You can still snag one at this uear’s PAX — they are at the BYOC table. Just be ready to answer the questions (you can use your phone, it’s an open book quiz).

I'm happy to say that I've been approached multiple times about the forum badge, with some realising that I made them in the first place :)

Thank you all for the support, it makes this particular endeavour worthwhile.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

As PAX East 2019 draws to a close I can reveal the following stats about this year’s Forum Badge:

No. of participants (prior to badge design): 56
    No. of forum badges printed: 60
    No. of forum badges collected: 33

I had to throw away 27 badges. I am disappointed that so many badges were not collected, especially considering how easy it was to get one. The BYOC registration desk knows about the badges, they are very accommodating. I know many say they don’t have time to get one or just plain forget, but it’s just 5 minute walk from the expo hall and I did spend time and effort making them, all I ask that in exchange you just have to collect them.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• BCBarneyBCBarney Registered User regular
    I had one year where I just plain forgot to pick one up. Since then I've made sure to grab one as I don't want to miss out having them. I greatly appreciate the work you do and grabbed one this year. I think this year was one of the best designs too. Thank you again for all of your work.
    As a side note, the first year i went to PAX and got a forum badge, i was in the queue line right next to you. At the time I wasn't fully aware who made them and it was only later in the day that i realized i had already met and chatted with you.

@BCBarney That's the thing about PAX, it's smaller than you realise :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• widian007widian007 Registered User regular
    I made sure to pick up mine. Really appreciate all the hard work that goes into making these. Thanks again kropotkin

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    I'm sorry not everyone picked up their badges. I was so happy to get my first one! All my friends were jealous. I really appreciate the work you put into designing them. Thanks!

• nycguynycguy Registered User regular
    sorry to hear it Kropotkin. I couldn't wait to grab mine and did just that at the pre-pax game night. Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    I've picked up a forum badge for every PAX I've been to since you started this for PAX08, this one being the 18th. I have initially forgotten about them for the first day or two of a PAX in the past but still always managed to grab one each time, even when I was busy exhibiting all weekend like I was this year and at my previous East. I'm sorry to hear so many people either forgot or just never bothered grabbing one. I appreciate your passion and effort for continuing to do this as long as you have and I intend to keep my streak going as long as you keep making them. :)

NSw0gum.png
  • RyosukeRyosuke Registered User regular
    With all the hard work you put into them and with everyone’s suggestions, I can imagine what that may feel like when there are left overs. Regardless, I do hope you know how much we all appreciate what you do. I for one have been collecting them for years but I admit I missed a year or 2 but greatly appreciate your time and effort into the design and production. I managed to snag one at the Wednesday night pre-pax game night... hoping to meet you in person and say thanks but so many people there that the guy at the table didn’t know where you were lol. Either way, keep up the good work.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to say I had mine on from the time I got it at PPBGN through and got questioned about it many times. Looked great as always. Thanks for your continued work :D

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525