As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Welp, guess I gotta start doing Gold Saucer shit again.

Least i already have 60k on me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »

Shouldn't be too bad. Leap of Faith/Airforce One are an easy few thousand, weekly challenges are a LOT, but can be time consuming, cactpot is minimum 3k a week, etc.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »

Shouldn't be too bad. Leap of Faith/Airforce One are an easy few thousand, weekly challenges are a LOT, but can be time consuming, cactpot is minimum 3k a week, etc.

Three words: Do Fashion Report.

80 points is easy to hit, and will net you 50k mandergil/week without the booster item from squadron missions. With it, you can get a ridiculous 80k/week.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Mrhappy did an interview with Yoshida and spent about half of it discussing genderlocked races and the other half on why the game got a third ranged physical DPS. Was kinda surprised that Yoshida took that much time to talk about this stuff, Fanfests are really for the fans and not to repeat the same garbo marketing spiel to everyone with a mic.

https://youtu.be/ZGezcBuu-mc

Roegadyn
    Lord help me I'm leveling a crafter for these beast tribe quests.

Just Leatherworker, cause that's what I have at the highest level currently.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Hyur
    Lord help me I'm leveling a crafter for these beast tribe quests.

Just Leatherworker, cause that's what I have at the highest level currently.

Namazu quests work with DoL, actually. Which is perhaps easier to profit with afterwards. The dailies, at least.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Adus wrote: »
    the people being most vocal are upset, but i wouldn't be shocked if they polled the entire playerbase and the data showed that given the option between just one race but both genders or two races single gender that this was what the majority preferred.
    Going back to this for a sec, I've now felt for a while that many MMO developers simply do not understand how people work- games like these are designed to be played by as many people for as many reasons as possible.
    As such, trying to primarily please "the majority" is self-defeating. They most likely already have most of the content targeting them anyway, it's how majorities work, and as such they're not the ones most likely to leave if no new toys appear for a while.

Races tend to be a good example, because I've seen the conversation played out before. When Everquest Next was still a thing and they were trying to figure out what other races to bring over they decided on yet another Human With Tinted Skin, despite already having humans, multiple types of elves, viking humans, gray skinned humans, etc. Why? Because most people play human races, so clearly they're what the majority prefers.

Glal on
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    This is unrelated but

I finished Heavensward over the past couple days. Thoughts
    • That was fucking awesome
    • I already like Krile quite a bit
    • Haurchefant :(

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Hyur
    Glal wrote: »
    the people being most vocal are upset, but i wouldn't be shocked if they polled the entire playerbase and the data showed that given the option between just one race but both genders or two races single gender that this was what the majority preferred.
    Going back to this for a sec, I've now felt for a while that many MMO developers simply do not understand how people work- games like these are designed to be played by as many people for as many reasons as possible.
    As such, trying to primarily please "the majority" is self-defeating. They most likely already have most of the content targeting them anyway, it's how majorities work, and as such they're not the ones most likely to leave if no new toys appear for a while.

Races tend to be a good example, because I've seen the conversation played out before. When Everquest Next was still a thing and they were trying to figure out what other races to bring over they decided on yet another Human With Tinted Skin, despite already having humans, multiple types of elves, viking humans, gray skinned humans, etc. Why? Because most people play human races, so clearly they're what the majority prefers.

For me it is not about player characters, but NPCs. I usually play white characters, but am very glad that there are all the different skin colors in the game, so that the world can consist of all kinds of different characters. So yeah, I'm full glad that the world builders have a whole range of different characters to add to their world and tell stories about.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Aldo wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »

For me it is not about player characters, but NPCs. I usually play white characters, but am very glad that there are all the different skin colors in the game, so that the world can consist of all kinds of different characters. So yeah, I'm full glad that the world builders have a whole range of different characters to add to their world and tell stories about.

On the other hand, we're about to get fat cats. It's great that fat cats exist, but I will bet any amount of money we can't be fat cats. What if I wanted to be fat cat?!

*segues into hours long rant about there being no significant variety in body types among races beyond a superficial 5-6 inches worth of height slider*

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    but how we can use fatness as a sign of evil if the good guys can also be fat?!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Hyur
    OK, I'm ready for this weird ass trip
    4Xx9Fvj.jpg

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Finished the Stormblood Hildibrand storyline today.

Note to self:
    Never order Gilgamesh to take you "Far away". You do not grasp just how far Gilgamesh can take someone.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So, plodding away at the storyline, and man, are these religious elves incredibly standoffish. I gotta keep doing inane chores one House just for them to offer a recommendation to another House to maybe give me something.

Except for this one elf dude, he’s cool. Possibly the only guy willing to help me out. I just hope he’s not using me for some nefarious plot because his demeanour is totally different from the rest of his buddies.

Muzzmuzz on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    i don’t know about his ultimate motivations but I think haurchefant definitely wants your jock

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    It’s purportedly more obvious in the Japanese script.

Roegadyn
    Finished the Hildebrand stuff this morning. Lovely way to send the xpac off.

Now I gotta run the new trial till I get the chocobo barding.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Whippy wrote: »
    i don’t know about his ultimate motivations but I think haurchefant definitely wants your jock

I actually thought that of
    Aymeric in the 4.xx content.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    https://youtu.be/51qGSBzGyyM
    Enlong wrote: »
    It’s purportedly more obvious in the Japanese script.

https://youtu.be/wfmrNsuxsoY
    No wonder he's always drinking hot chocolate because he is thirsty as fuck.

sig.gif
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn

That’s also true! Both are! It’s explicit subtext! Aymeric invites you to his place and serves you dinner

Hyur

That’s also true! Both are! It’s explicit subtext! Aymeric invites you to his place and serves you dinner

And you wake up with Aymeric running to your bed after the big fight. I thought it funny that Estinien would carry you all the way to Ishgard (past the fantastic healers of Girdania) right into the care of this guy. I am all for it, dude is super sweet, thoughtful, brave, good looking and sporting some classy armor.

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Miqo'te

And you wake up with Aymeric running to your bed after the big fight. I thought it funny that Estinien would carry you all the way to Ishgard (past the fantastic healers of Girdania) right into the care of this guy. I am all for it, dude is super sweet, thoughtful, brave, good looking and sporting some classy armor.
    And likes to drop Homing Laser AoE markers on your head.

MrGrimoire on
    Roegadyn

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Larlar
    Haurchefant & Ayemeric: Bisexual Icons

YL9WnCY.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I hope I can do the ishgard repair missions in ShB and then house fortemps will adopt me

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    flattery will get you everywhere, Mr. Fortemps

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Roegadyn
    technically his last name is greystone, because shitty ishgardian politics

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Wait, there are going to be MULTIPLE good looking dudes thoughtfully hitting on me in this game?

Awwww yesss.

Roegadyn
    this is the right game if you like pretty anime boys, so long as you don't need some of them to also be rabbits

Roegadyn
    Or Roegaydn. Cause there's 1 voiced Roe dude and he doesn't look like a Roe at all.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    does mistbeard that one captain guy who's definitely not mistbeard who works for the admiral have any voiced lines?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    You know, it's crazy that I only just now realized that Biggs and Wedge don't have voice actors.

Larlar
    they get upgraded to voicehavers in heavensward

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    They do?

Maybe it's just because it's been a while, but when I was posting that I was trying to think of what their voices sounded like and then realized most of their quests were at non-speaking parts (ie. raid quests, holiday cameos, etc.).

I'll have to pull up my cutscene journal to get a refresher on what they sound like.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    biggs is voiced by Antony Byrne, who also voices Ilberd

i can't find a va for wedge tho

liEt3nH.png
    Larlar
    tbf they had like, 3 words each in the cutscene I'm thinking of and I don't know if they get anymore after that

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.