As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

19495969798100»

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    i have to note -- this game only works if you don't have real shitty friends because it could get ugly fast. it never really has, and i moreso love seeing the completely asinine leaps in logic people make from point a to point b to prove something that is so benign. there is a very real reason it's a stripper. and i like to think, in the end, since no one has ever won, maybe a few people walk away with some stigmas shaken out of their heads.

I would love to see my roommate play this game.

they would be so goddamned easy to fool

6vjsgrerts6r.png

anyway i watched the pilot to abby's and i adored it

it is just a very cool, relaxed vibe and the jokes work

i will definitely be watching regularly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    i have to note -- this game only works if you don't have real shitty friends because it could get ugly fast. it never really has for me (other than the somebody gets way too drunk that happens at any party,) and i moreso love seeing the completely asinine leaps in logic people make from point a to point b to prove something that is so benign. there is a very real reason it's a stripper. and i like to think, in the end, since no one has ever won, maybe a few people walk away with some stigmas shaken out of their heads.

my ultimate goal now, since i have networked with so many sex workers, is to see if i could stump them.

Have you ever not had a stripper but told people there was one?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    i have to note -- this game only works if you don't have real shitty friends because it could get ugly fast. it never really has for me (other than the somebody gets way too drunk that happens at any party,) and i moreso love seeing the completely asinine leaps in logic people make from point a to point b to prove something that is so benign. there is a very real reason it's a stripper. and i like to think, in the end, since no one has ever won, maybe a few people walk away with some stigmas shaken out of their heads.

my ultimate goal now, since i have networked with so many sex workers, is to see if i could stump them.

That seems very disingenuous and a solid way to ruin any future parties from hosting that game.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    i am a man of integrity, goddamnit

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I loved college parties and might have gotten more useful future knowledge out of them than I did out of my major.

The social aspect of college is really important, in my book, and it's one of the reasons I would recommend college as an institution.

Oh so that's why college was a trainwreck for me

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    I don’t enjoy large parties and especially large parties where people are drinking.

So of course I joined a fraternity in college.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I was trying to convince @YaYa to watch Santa Clarita Diet and this is how I discovered that he has not seen Better Off Ted or Andy Richter Saves the Universe!

Boo this man!

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

Well now you need to invite all your past stripping friends for a big party and have them guess who the non stripper is!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I was trying to convince @YaYa to watch Santa Clarita Diet and this is how I discovered that he has not seen Better Off Ted or Andy Richter Saves the Universe!

Boo this man!

Next you'll tell me he hasn't seen The Middleman!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

That was my suggestion. Why bother with a game that's simply stacked in your favor when you can just rig the game to make it impossible to lose?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    mainly because that's a great way to make everyone you invited understand that you are not to be trusted

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also, did the stripper eventually strip? Because if I'm at a party (unlikely, but stay with me here), and someone said someone there was a stripper, and at the end of the night, NO ONE stripped, I'd be pretty disappointed.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Also, did the stripper eventually strip? Because if I'm at a party (unlikely, but stay with me here), and someone said someone there was a stripper, and at the end of the night, NO ONE stripped, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Sometimes you gotta be the stripper you want to see at the party, Mori

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Nobody wants to see my hog

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Cover it with a hat!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

ahem

God its like you never intentionally lost at Strip Operation in order to drive off all the lecherous dudes who were trying to spectate because of your attractive female friends

That was my suggestion. Why bother with a game that's simply stacked in your favor when you can just rig the game to make it impossible to lose?

where's the fun in that?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    God its like you never intentionally lost at Strip Operation in order to drive off all the lecherous dudes who were trying to spectate because of your attractive female friends

I did this once for Strip Poker, and was promptly told I was disqualified and needed to put my shirt and pants back on immediately.

Also once my college roommates were having a party I wasn't invited to and I was trying to sleep between my jobs, I didn't know they were having a party all I knew is it was loud upstairs and I needed to pee. I walked upstairs to use the bathroom and the party full 90's movie stopped. I swear there was at least 3 naked people but everyone was staring at me. I must have walked by several people in the kitchen but I totally didn't notice it? I was super out of it. Next day there was a new rule on the House Rules board: Bucketman must always wear pants and a shirt. I asked why it was ok for the other people to be naked and was told that I knew why. I hated those guys.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2019
    Were they jealous of your massive hog?

Raijin Quickfoot on
    Bucketman wrote: »

I did this once for Strip Poker, and was promptly told I was disqualified and needed to put my shirt and pants back on immediately.

Also once my college roommates were having a party I wasn't invited to and I was trying to sleep between my jobs, I didn't know they were having a party all I knew is it was loud upstairs and I needed to pee. I walked upstairs to use the bathroom and the party full 90's movie stopped. I swear there was at least 3 naked people but everyone was staring at me. I must have walked by several people in the kitchen but I totally didn't notice it? I was super out of it. Next day there was a new rule on the House Rules board: Bucketman must always wear pants and a shirt. I asked why it was ok for the other people to be naked and was told that I knew why. I hated those guys.

Sounds like your roommates were the sort of folk who would play Guess the Stripper without actually inviting a stripper to the party

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Abby's is kinda bland.
    Like maybe it'll do something but this pilot ain't clicking with me

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    mainly because that's a great way to make everyone you invited understand that you are not to be trusted

It's an important lesson to learn. It's best they get it out of the way early on.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Were they jealous of your massive hog?

The one roommate I liked had that "problem". Thats how he became a Mormon for 2 months. Woke up on the couch after a night of HEAVY drinking to a knock at the door. Forgot he was wearing only a robe and accidentally exposed his blue ribbon hog to the two nice gentlemen who wanted to tell him about the Church.

As way of apology he went to their church for two months and helped do some community service work with them.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    "blue-ribbon hog" is a real good turn of phrase

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Been watching into the badlands, its a trashy show but it knows what it wants to be which is commendable I guess

2x39jD4.jpg

80 cents for the first month of DC Universe

Well worth it for Doom Patrol

How does one get this to work? I click the link and it sends me to the app store and in the app there is no option

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

80 cents for the first month of DC Universe

Well worth it for Doom Patrol

How does one get this to work? I click the link and it sends me to the app store and in the app there is no option

The link works just fine when I try it on my PC. Can you check it out via a device that won't default to an app store?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Works for me on desktop

Yeah I used my PC and it worked. Weird.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Rorshach Kringle, are you prepared for the next great television phenomenon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThLUgsI9-E

@Rorshach Kringle, are you prepared for the next great television phenomenon?

that uh

that actually intrigues me

"Rorshach Kringle", are you prepared for the next great television phenomenon?

can't wait to watch alfred murder some jack the rippers

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i believe it is jacks the ripper

I need to see that baby-faced Alfred Pennyworth become Sean Pertwee's John Wick-style Alfred.

I wonder if it will be season 1 or season 2 before he burns a forest down in Burma.

I'm still so fucking happy that it is now canon that Alfred Pennyworth is the fastest/most effective character in taking down Victor Zsasz in Gotham.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'm incredibly skeptical

But I was also skeptical of Gotham and Titans, and folks love those, so fuck, man, my finger just isn't on the pulse

Etchwarts on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    as expected, Abby's works way better than it did in the trailers because nobody knows how to sell a comedy

it's just very comforting that you're in the hands of extreme pros

Natalie Morales, Neil Flynn, Jessica Chaffin, Nelson Franklin? Pros! Pros all the way down! And I love a good set that you can really feel the physical space of

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.