As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I mean, most of the top builds on diablofans are like a year old at this point, so if they do leave it up in some sort of minimally functional archive mode all the relevant info will still be available

in general there isn't much point to a news site if there's no news

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Cross quoting this from the Good Old Games thread.
    Wow, didn't see that coming: https://www.gog.com/news/release_diablo
    Blizzard and GOG.COM have collaborated on an updated version of the game, which includes out-of-the-box Windows 10 compatibility, and a host of bug fixes. Players can choose either version of the game from a launcher.

Apparently Warcraft I and II are coming soon.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    That announcement cracks me up. For a number of reasons.

I can't help but wonder if this would have been taken better, or worse than Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    I read an article with quotes from Blizzard on why they went with GoG instead of Battle.net was because of the old battle.net code. Also sucked since you have to open up your ports if you want to play D1 with friends online.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    That announcement cracks me up. For a number of reasons.

I can't help but wonder if this would have been taken better, or worse than Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon?

Marginally better, but considering the rumors were for a remake, probably not that much better. I think the anger was as much about the lack of new stuff as it was the presence of a mobile game.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Is it worth $10 for the nostalgia of Diablo 1 from GOG? Or is trying to play it through gonna be too painful to want to do?

I did see someone playing it on stream and my god the town music is like a portal back in time to my collage years.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I spent the $10 and played it for about 30 minutes last night. It aged better than I was expecting. Movement is slow, inventory management is clumsy. But it's pretty much exactly what I remembered. And, yeah, that Tristram soundtrack. Takes me back.

Edit: For reference, that 30 minutes was going into the cathedral and clearing the first floor, doing a bit of of the second floor, and then walking back to town to sell stuff to Griswold and check Adria's inventory.

Russad on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    For me, personally, $10 seems like a very reasonable price for a version of a 25-year-old game that runs on modern hardware/OS (+nostalgia, don't forget the nostalgia, that's like $9 all on its own).

However, if you just want it for the Tristram theme (still one of the most atmospheric tracks in video games), I offer you this free alternative:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFOfSlDCwYw

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Also if you're itching for that style of game you can play Titan Quest or Grim Dawn, both of which are excellent and have more modern graphics.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Also if you're itching for that style of game you can play Titan Quest or Grim Dawn, both of which are excellent and have more modern graphics.

Not to entirely shill for Crate, but Grim Dawn is excellent and the second (and likely final) expansion is coming out near the end of this month

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    And after much frustration, I managed to get a... pretty awesome rift with a bunch of elites, no juggernaut and 3 shrines for my necro to finish the "All classes GR 100" challenge. I got there with my wizard in S15 (Tal meteor) and figured I'd try a couple more classes this season, which got out of hand somewhat. -.-

I would like to recognize a few esteemed contributors to this feat:
    -N6M4 for getting the first 100 and letting me level gems up later when I wanted 100's
    -Inna's Mantra for being much more solid on WoL than the glass-cannon Sunwuko build.
    -Inna's Favor for being my first ever usable primal
    -The one double-crit Compass Rose I shared between like 4 characters, and Cold/Crit/Crit Traveler's Pledge

And some dishonorable mentions:
    -Condemn crusader, an enormous disappointment after I actually started playing it
    -The entire Necromancer class, which caused me no end of grief once I got past GR 60 and realized there's nothing remotely sturdy for it.
    -Inna's Favor for being my second "usable" primal

Builds for each class:
    DH (49 hours): N6M4 (9 ancient, 3x80 augment)
    Monk (56 hours): Inna/WoL (1 primal, 4 ancient, 1x90 augment)
    Barb (10 hours): IK/HotA ( 1 primal, 4 ancient, 1 augment).
    Crusader (36 hours): Light/Hammer (1 primal, 3 ancient, 2x85 augment)
    Wiz (9 hours): Tal/Meteor (4 ancient, 1x74 augment
    WD (6 hours... yeesh): Jade/Soul Harvest (4 ancient, 1x50 augment and a valuable lesson about choosing which gems to level for augments)
    Necro (42 hours): Pestilence / Corpse Lance (7 ancient, 5x100 augment)

Final Paragon: 1076
    Gold collected: 21 billion
    Elite kills: 27k
    Monster kills: 525k
    Blood shard: 339k
    Rifts completed: 1046
    Bounties: 1830

I don't know exactly what the next season plan is but I'm thinking Leapquake - that one's been fun in previous seasons - and Invoker may be worth a shot. Would be nice if it wasn't two and a half months out, though. -.-

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Hrmmmmm

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22933131/patch-265-ptr-preview-3-29-2019
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22933131/patch-265-ptr-preview-3-29-2019

General

Torment 14, 15, and 16 have been added to the game
    Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous
    Using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring in Kanai’s Cube will produce a new result
    Party portraits now display if a player’s Cheat Death buff has been recently used (PC Only)
    When a boss is killed in a Nephalem Rift, a permanent ping will mark the location of the boss’ death until the Rift is closed
    The Boss Notification screen has received a rework (PC Only)
    The Greater Rift Notification screen has received a rework (PC Only)
    The Greater Rift Completion screen has received a rework (PC Only)
    Matchmaking no longer prevents players from joining a game while a Greater Rift is already in progress
    Players who join the game will still be unable to join a Greater Rift in progress
    The progress bar for a Greater Rift is now visible to all players in the game, regardless of whether they are participating in the Rift or not

Return to Top

Quality of Life

Additional stash space has been added for all players
    PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available
    PS4/XB1/Switch: 140 additional stash spaces are now available
    Search functionality has been added to Stash (PC Only)
    All Crafters now have an Expand/Collapse All button for recipes (PC Only)
    Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
    Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches

Developer Comment: With 2.6.5, we’re aiming to address some of the longest standing and most desired quality of life features the community has brought to us. We’ve hit a little bit of everything, from adding additional Torment levels, making Ancient/Primal Puzzle Rings feel rewarding, and rehauling stash space in both size and functionality. Other changes were made to help smooth out overall gameplay, such as making Bounties feel less of a chore and more rewarding and reworking a few of our notification screens. Return to Top

Seasons

The Season Journey Journal now displays all chapters, regardless of current progression
    Added the buff for Season 17
    Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active

Developer’s Comment: The Season of Grandeur was by far our most popular Themed Season yet. In the wake of having a free Ring of Royal Grandeur active, we saw a lot of requests to try the same thing with the Legacy of Nightmares set power. We had been toying with the same idea internally, and the community request really nudged us over the edge of giving it a go!

Return to Top

Items

(NEW) Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered
    Become immune to control-impairing effects for 5-7 seconds after drinking this potion
    Akkhan’s Leniency
    Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 75-100% for 3 seconds
    Bloodtide Blade
    Death Nova deals 80-100% 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards
    Chantodo’s Will
    Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 1000% 4000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 1000% 4000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
    Wave of Destruction ticks now scale with attack speed
    The Dagger of Darts
    Your Poison Darts and your Fetishes’ Poison Darts now pierce and deal an additional [400-500%] damage.
    Iron Rose
    Attacking with Siphon Blood has a 40-50% 100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova
    Jekangbord
    Blessed Shield ricochets to 6 additional enemies and has its damage increased by 225-300% 300-400%
    Sage’s Set
    Now doubles the amount of Death’s Breaths that drop
    Previous: Increases Death’s Breath drops by 1

Developer’s Comment: With Patch 2.6.4, we focused on making a lot of changes to different class sets to open up build diversity and level out the comparable power between classes. With 2.6.5, we’re continuing that trend through adjustments to (mostly) Legendary powers we feel have a very strong, fun fantasy, but needed some damage bumps.

Return to Top

Bug Fixes

Fixed and issue where Xbox One/PS4 Voice Chat within public games was failing to work (Xbox One and PS4 Only)
    Fixed an issue where The Immortal King’s Set Dungeon objective numbers were incorrect
    Fixed an issue where the player counter UI was incorrectly showing 0 players online
    Fixed an issue where Greater Rift 70 first-time completion Primal drops were occurring for players even if they did not succeed at the 15-minute completion time
    Fixed an issue where Bounties that required interacting with an object would not update the next objective immediately after completing one
    Fixed an issue where a second Puzzle Ring tab would be shown in the Kanai’s Cube UI when a Puzzle Ring was equipped (Console Only)
    Fixed an issue where Keywarden icons would not show up on the map in Torment level games (Switch Only)
    Fixed an issue where some subtitles in the Taiwan localization would exceed the screen limit (Switch only)
    Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor may be hidden when launching the client (Mac only)
    Fixed an issue where players would not be blocked from entering Public Games with the Key Warden tag when Key Wardens have already been defeated

Higher Torments... Not sure what I feel about that yet.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Additional stash space has been added for all players
    PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available
    PS4/XB1/Switch: 140 additional stash spaces are now available
    yoooooo
    Search functionality has been added to Stash (PC Only)
    YOOOOOOOOOO
    Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
    :exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:***!!YoOOooOoOOOoO!!***:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Holy shit, almost 3 weeks without a post, and then this. We should stop talking about Diablo 3 more often!

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    wow thats some changes alright

I don't know if I can be sucked back into D3 or not but maybe

just maybe

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll be back to play around with that a bit :)

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I don't really care about LoN stuff, but the T16 might be interesting to try out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Mega LoN does offer some interesting build options...

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    LoN Cap America Crusader was the most effective build I did this season (out of three characters)

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Will be interesting to see if this buff makes a part way viable wiz LoN build. Currently they're so damn dependant on their set bonus that LoN just isn't viable. I don't see Wiz being viable LoN even with this buff, but I - like many I assume - have toyed with the idea of a LoN wiz.

Sages set doubling deaths breath is nice, but I find that DB isn't a problem after the first week in seasons, it's ALWAYS forgotten souls. And while they're adding DBs to caches is nice and all, what the community has always wanted was for the god damn gold pet to pick up crafting materials. Make that happen and you'll make more people happy.

Other thoughts in no order of importance:
    Chantodos will buff makes me want to try Archon Wiz.
    I think I have a few ancient puzz rings in non season for when this goes live to test out the new zone.
    Making bounty locations clear from the start of the zone is nice, I can think of a few act 2 bounties that benefit from this immensely.
    Torment 16 is what.... GR75ish? That's some really powerful power levelling if you're in a group or nice clan. T6 up to cap, and then if the carrier is strong enough, bounce right over to T16 and get your levels and DB at the same time. You'd have close to 300 para in under 90mins if you can do fast enough clears.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    So what's the overall effect of that Season 17 bonus? Just that you can now run a LoN build with two legendary rings?

• Options
    Seems like it. I don't think they'd be a stacking bonus, because technically the LoN rings are a set bonus haha. It opens up some extra options for sure, not enough to make me do it though.

Also good luck on the next season challenge dungeons lol, as if they're not all going to be LoN variants.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    So what's the overall effect of that Season 17 bonus? Just that you can now run a LoN build with two legendary rings?

That does seem to be the main difference in the end. One advantage while leveling/gearing up would be any lucky ancient drops would be a nice upgrade, as long as you aren't using any set bonuses.

• Options
    Oh shit, I didn't even think of that.

It seems they've worded it for Ancients, and I don't think you can get pre-70 ancients.

• Options
    Klatu wrote: »
    Seems like it. I don't think they'd be a stacking bonus, because technically the LoN rings are a set bonus haha. It opens up some extra options for sure, not enough to make me do it though.

Also good luck on the next season challenge dungeons lol, as if they're not all going to be LoN variants.
    Ugh, next season seems pretty lame to me then. It's much easier to get a decent set going than a significant amount of good, build-appropriate legendaries. I might never even end up benefiting from it since my plan was to play with all the Monk sets to complete my Set Dungeons achievements.

Also, "two free ring slots" for a build usually means running CoE which means blah.

• Options
    This would have been an amazing patch 18 months ago

• Options
    MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    Been playing a lot recently on the Switch after dropping it on PC, in case anybody wants me to tag along: 8072-2551-3927
    I find it quite refreshing to be able to pause the game as long as I want, with no progress lost.

Also rolling.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Hm, was hoping for an excuse to start with Inarius and those changes might work. LoN-w/o-rings could be pretty cool on necro, and if not then maybe Dart doc will be good.

Faster bounties is timely because this will be the season where I really have to finish the 10k grind... and probably my last real season in general for the foreseeable future...
    My son just turned two and uhh... we’re expecting twins in September!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Hm, was hoping for an excuse to start with Inarius and those changes might work. LoN-w/o-rings could be pretty cool on necro, and if not then maybe Dart doc will be good.

Faster bounties is timely because this will be the season where I really have to finish the 10k grind... and probably my last real season in general for the foreseeable future...

Congratu-dolances?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »

Congratu-dolances?

Haha, ya that's been the typical response.

• Options
    Back in my day we had to do bounties the hard way, and it was uphill in both directions!!

But honestly, it's a good change, the 10k push is bad enough, making them faster is good. Monk, wiz or chicken doc. Inarius bone storm is great as well, but you'll need to be TX for fast boss kills unless your inarius nec is around 1.6mil or better damage.

Also grats :)

• Options
    I got most of the way there! Like 7600-ish? Every season I’m like “ok I’ll finish up this time” and then some other game comes out or something.

• Options
    When I made my push I set myself a minimum of 4 full games of bounties a day (so 100 towards the completion). If I got in a good grind group or was watching something on another screen or was just in the zone, I'd punch out more and that would be my "safety net" for days when I just couldn't look a bounty in the eye. That worked for me, but it may not be for everyone.

Doing them solo is so much more of a chore than doing them in a group, even if you do the lions share in a group. For me I didn't mind if I did more than other people, as long as those people were doing acts 3 and 5. In groups I'd always try and snag act 4 (everyone wants act 1, it's so easy, so harder to get), and then look at what's left after I finished my act. Towards the end of my grind I found this guy in the bounty channel I was in, and he preferred act 3 and hated act 4, so I friended the fuck out of him and we finished the grind out. He'd fire up a game and open it up to public, I'd start on act 4, he'd go act 3 and between the 2 of us we'd usually finish our respective acts around the same time (seriously I have no god damn idea how he did act 3 that fast) and then we'd team up for act 5, and then most of the time the 2 randoms would finish acts 1 and 2 at some point during our last act 5 bounty, if not we'd go help them.

Which leads me to my next point, join one of the bounty communities, you may not always get groups filled up, but at least most of the people in the communities understand split bounties and don't slack off. Some do, but they're usually known after a few leeched bounties haha.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Whenever I pug bounties I end up doing a lot, and usually 1 or 2 people leave in the middle.

• Options

Should not have not done it during double bounty rewards....
    I was going to joke about the double goblins season but that would have been too easy.

Congrats dude. Now we'll never see you online again for 10 years.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I've been thinking about the LoN season and which classes and builds get the most benefit. Just like the current season, it's an automatic buff to anyone already using the items by adding two ring effects to Frenzy Thorns Barb, LoN Bomb & Blessed Shield (also buffed!) Crusaders, LTK Monk, FoK DH, Spirit Barrage Doc, LoN Star Pact Wiz, and like... the entire Necro class. Not sure if there's more LoN builds lately.

Having to use both rings held it back from passing some other sets, like maaaybe IK, but it seems like now it should handily pass Firebird, DMO, Tal's, Arachyr, and probably Helltooth with a different source of Slow. Some of the Barb/Monk sets are close-ish, so maybe someone will figure out a way to make something work. Most other sets have unique mechanics and/or a ton more damage, especially DH, so LoN will still be weaker than about half the sets.

Also, with some early luck it'd be possible to be "LoN" all season, but you'd definitely have to save even non-ancient defensive gear to handle the trade off. For example, any 4 ancients is a pretty respectable 3000% damage, but only 16% damage reduction.

• Options
    Is the Blessed Shield build the one that throws the shield? Or was that something else?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Is the Blessed Shield build the one that throws the shield? Or was that something else?

Yup, that’s the one. It easily fits with LoN because it doesn’t need the cost reduction from Akkhan.

• Options
    Oh heck yeah. I'm going to try that next season then. I had fun playing Captain America.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    PTR is apparently up, and people quickly noticed some undocumented changes. Nevalistis acknowledged that she's in the process of verifying if they were intentional, so for now, grain of salt? Especially that last one, (edit) and wraps for that matter.

Carnevil
    The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do.

Reaper's Wraps
    Health globes restore 25-30% 100% of your primary resource.

Tasker and Theo
    Drop weight increased from 75 to 100

The Shadow’s Mantle
    (6) Impale deals an additional 75000% 60000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit.

Noggin on
This discussion has been closed.