As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Pass on politics secondary

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    ]Confirm trade!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Pass politics

Phyphor on
    edited March 2019
    Use Transit diodes to move an infantry from home system to Tar'mann

Activate Bereg/Lirta IV

Move in dreadnought with 1 infantry.

@A Half Eaten Oreo for response

El Skid on
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is the right timing, but we will attempt to use 'Morale Boost' for the first round.

edited March 2019
    Would we have units for that? I know Carrier is blowed up, but are the fighters gone instantly?
    Edit: Or disregard this question since I actually read Assault Cannon

A Half Eaten Oreo on
    Yeah, It'd be grand if assault cannon worked with just the one unit on my side...sadly this is not the case :(

We will sustain damage any hits and repair them at the start of the following round with Duranium armour. No action cards at this time.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 5 - Battle at Bereg-Lirta IV

Combat Round 1

Muaat has 1 Dreadnought.
    Creuss has 1 Carrier II and 2 Fighters. +1 to hit on all units from Morale Boost. (At the start of a combat round: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat round.)

Geth roll 1d10t5 for Muaat
    Geth roll 1d10t8+2d10t8 for Creuss

Muaat:
    1d10t5 1 [1d10t5=9]
    Creuss:
    1d10t8+2d10t8 0 [1d10t8=5] [2d10t8=6, 5]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Muaat scores one hit, destroying 1 Creuss Fighter.

Combat Round 2

Muaat has 1 Dreadnought (carrying 1 Infantry).
    Creuss has 1 Carrier II and 1 Fighter.

Geth roll 1d10t5 for Muaat
    Geth roll 1d10t9+1d10t9 for Creuss

Muaat:
    1d10t5 1 [1d10t5=10]
    Creuss:
    1d10t9+1d10t9 0 [1d10t9=4] [1d10t9=5]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Muaat scores one hit, destroying 1 Creuss Fighter.

Combat Round 3, 4

Muaat has 1 Dreadnought (carrying 1 Infantry).
    Creuss has 1 Carrier II.

For expediency, multiple combat rounds have been rolled.

Geth roll 2#1d10t5 for Muaat
    Geth roll 2#1d10t9 for Creuss

Muaat:
    2#1d10t5 2 # 0 [1d10t5=1] 1 [1d10t5=6]
    Creuss:
    2#1d10t9 2 # 0 [1d10t9=5] 0 [1d10t9=8]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Muaat scores 1 hit in the 4th round of combat, destroying 1 Creuss Carrier. Combat resolves in favor of Muaat.

@El Skid, anything else you'd like to do with your action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Bombard Lirta IV (note: 2 dice due to plasma scoring)

And I guess land on Lirta IV regardless of outcome.

Since Bunker's already been played, I think we can proceed with bombardment rolls.

1 Dreadnought is available for bombardment. +1 die roll from Plasma Scoring.

Geth roll 2d10t5 for Muaat Bombardment

Muaat Bombardment:
    2d10t5 1 [2d10t5=9, 2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2019
    One hit scored, one Creuss Infantry destroyed.

What's next, El Skid?

EDIT: Just saw the second post on refresh; 1 Infantry landed on Lirta IV, establishing control.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Not a battle to be remembered in Creuss history books...

Land on Lirta IV and reclaim it. @38thDoe up next.

Oh shit wait... before I pass my turn I do want to use Integrated economy...

Pay 2 TGs to build 2 destroyers in the LirtaIV system.

Now the N’orr can go!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Activate home system and fire space cannons.

38thDoE on steam

N'orr has 1 PDS unit for Space Cannon Offense. +1 die roll from Plasma Scoring.

Geth roll 2d10t6 for N'orr Space Cannon Offense

N'orr Space Cannon Offense:
    2d10t6 0 [2d10t6=3, 2]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No hits registered. @38thDoe, anything else on your action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    38thDoE on steam

I've got a service announcement to make: I will be out of town for the next week and a half for an overseas trip (South Korea and Japan, for those who were curious). My responsiveness will be reduced during that time period, but I will still have everything necessary to make regular status updates.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    So. Jealous.

I might miss the great Korean food and Japanese food even more than I miss the weather and beaches from when we were living in Hawaii.

Have a great trip MrB! Those are two places I'd love to get to someday.

38thDoE on steam

Yep, yep. Please continue to take actions and the like, and I'll do my best to get to resolutions and updates as I can!

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    We have no good moves really

Activate beta wormhole, bring in war sun, dread, flagship, all fighters, pick up 2 infantry along the way from corneeq/resculon

edited April 2019
    Round 5: Action Phase Update 4

The Yssaril Tribes: Play the primary ability of the (3) Politics Strategy Card, claiming the Speaker Token, drawing 3 Action Cards due to Scheming, and discarding "Assassinate Representative" from hand. (AC 8 --> 10)
    Draw the top 2 cards of the Agenda Deck, returning one Agenda to the top of the deck and one to the bottom.
    Creuss plays on the secondary (SP 1 --> 0), drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 4 --> 6)
    Perform transaction, giving 3 Trade Goods to N'orr in exchange for 3 Commodities. (Yssaril TG 6 --> 6; N'orr C 3 --> 0, TG 13 --> 16)
    The Embers of Muaat: Exhaust technology Transit Diodes to remove 1 Infantry from Muaat and place 1 Infantry on Tar'mann.
    Activate the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Move in 1 Dreadnought and 1 Infantry from Tar'mann.
    During space combat, Muaat suffers no losses while Creuss loses 1 Carrier and 2 Fighters; combat resolves in favor of Muaat.
    Bombardment destroys 1 Creuss Infantry on Lirta IV.
    Land 1 Infantry on Lirta IV.
    Use Integrated Economy, exhausting 2 Trade Goods (TG 9 --> 7) to build 2 Destroyers (2R) at Lirta IV.
    Sardakk N'orr: Activate the N'orr Home System. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Space Cannon Offense results in no hits.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Activate the Beta Wormhole system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in Flagship, 1 War Sun, 1 Dreadnought, and 11 Fighters from the L1z1x Home System, loading 2 Infantry from Coorneeq-Resculon.

Current Map: Action Phase Update 4

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 6 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 6 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 4 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 3 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 2 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems. - Yssaril, Letnev, Muaat, L1z1x
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources. - N'orr
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait. - Letnev, Yssaril
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence. - Letnev, Yssaril, Muaat
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. - Muaat, Creuss
    Manipulate Galactic Law (2 VP): Spend 16 influence.
    4 Stage II Objectives remain in the line.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 1 completed:
    - Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and one or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    The Embers of Muaat - 1 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand, 2 completed:
    - Make an Example of their World (Action Phase, 1 VP): Use Bombardment to destroy the last of a player's ground forces on a planet.
    - Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 1 completed:
    - Spark a Rebellion (Action Phase, 1 VP): Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points.
    Sardakk N'orr - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 1 completed:
    - Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.

Special Objectives
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by L1z1x.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev, Round 3.
    The Crown of Emphidia (1 VP) - Held by Muaat.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 5
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Muaat's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Cruiser II, Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    X - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    X - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 7
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Yssaril's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Transit Diodes, Integrated Economy, Prototype War Sun II, Destroyer II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 10

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Spy Net)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Transparasteel Plating, Hyper Metabolism, Mageon Implants, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Carrier II

Worlds:
    X - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    X - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 16
    Action Cards: 5

Strategy Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Exotrireme II

Worlds:
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 7

Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Super-Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    X - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hits produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 2 / 4
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 6

Fleet Pool: 2
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Wormhole Generator, Light/Wave Deflector, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Infantry II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds and Overarching Game Effects
    Regulated Conscription: When a player produces units, they produce only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Minister of Sciences: Held by Muaat. When Muaat resolves the primary or secondary ability of the "Technology" strategy card, they do not need to spend resources to research technology.
    The Crown of Emphidia: Held by Muaat. Grants 1 victory point. If a player gains control of a planet in Muaat's home system, this card and its victory point is transferred to that player.
    Minister of Peace: Held by Yssaril. After a player activates a system containing 1 or more units of a different player, Yssaril may discard this card to immediately end the active player's turn.

Order of Play
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) - (1) Leadership
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) - (3) Politics
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid) - (5) Trade
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe) - (6) Warfare
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor) - (7) Technology
    The Ghosts of Creuss (@A Half Eaten Oreo) - (8) Imperial Current Player

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Not sure about everyone else but out CC count is off. We should be at 0 Strategy I think. map has us with 1.

We're back to needed 2 hazardous.
    Activate Abyz/Fria. Move in Flagship and Dreadnought. Land 2 infantry on each planet.
    T/F/S > 0/2/0

@Ketar

Phyphor wrote: Β»
    We have no good moves really

I hear you.

38thDoE on steam

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Not sure about everyone else but out CC count is off. We should be at 0 Strategy I think. map has us with 1.

We're back to needed 2 hazardous.
    Activate Abyz/Fria. Move in Flagship and Dreadnought. Land 2 infantry on each planet.
    T/F/S > 0/2/0

@Ketar

sorry about that, will be vacating asap

Activate Arinam-Meer. Move in dreadnought from Letnev home system via Somewhere (using Gravity Drive), picking up the fighter in Somewhere along the way. Use Sarween Tools and produce 1 fighter.

2/5/1

@Lykouragh

Activate Mecatol Rex, moving in flagship from home system using gravity drive and carrying 1 GF and 2 fighters, along with everything from Naught. T/F/S->0/4/1

Come on my overpriced soldiers, can you at least score a hit?

I was sitting there thinking for 20 minutes if there was a way to stall 1 more round and let you claim Imperial and I totally forgot the racial tech >.<

It's even called Stall isn't it?! :P