As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Slay the Spire] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Finally beat Act 3 with the Defect! Man, that took a while. So I hear this opens up act 4?

If you've been game with all three classes you can now access act 4, yes.

Quite how you do that.... Spoilers! You'll figure it out though I'm sure

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I managed to get to the boss once, and died. he does so much damage.

steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Oooo, which boss?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Boooo! Wiped out against the heart on stream. Given i'm badly sick and i got to turn 15 and died with the heart having 50ish hp left while doing a 21x15 attack vs me, i'm claiming moral victory.

Stupid organs, with their multi attacks.

Also, Jorbs is a mad mad mad mad mad man. Who picked Snecko Eye AND Runic Pyrmaid. And won the run with it.

So here's the thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Pi0KWqzUI

Madman.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Oooo, which boss?

Is there more than 1 act 4 boss? It was the heart thing.

steam_sig.png

Oooo, which boss?

Is there more than 1 act 4 boss? It was the heart thing.

Oh, Act 4. Thought you meant Act 3! Yeah, just one, the Heart. He's pretty tough!

Steam profile
    edited March 2019
    Them's some big orbs.
    94AD8060998FC659CA2F0E5C4F34D67A7166F4B1[img][/img]

(It did 324 damage when evoked <3)

This was a stressful run. Frankly glad i was not recording (I am recovering from a multi-week bout of illness currently). There was some pretty strong swearing at points. Also reloads. Did actually one shot the heart though, so that was nice! Took me until turn 14 to kill, so that was less nice - Literally only won off the back of Strange Spoon/Bird Face Urn and Incense Burner. (Pro tip for the heart: You want incense burner at 3 or 4. 6 or 1 is also acceptable, but 2 and 5 will ensure you never get it proccing during a heart attack). Deck would have been vastly better with a bottle for Echo, but oh well.

Doom and Gloom was gotten in early Act 2, and did a ton of work throughout. Loop'd dark orbs are the prettiest things. Quad loop'd dark orbs when you regularly have 10+ focus is just Hi, yes, GET BENT.

Strange Spoon was a last minute buy from the very last shop, but it did serious work. Overall, very fun deck - very reliant on Echo Form, but it got through.

Have a decklist
    93D6936D98D863A9B98620B8406444E75513BB9D

Cut off card is Equilibrium (Which, side note - Real good card. Even if you end up getting Runic Pyramid, it's pretty effective for Energy -> Def investment, and doesnt rely on setting up focus... while making it much easier to setup focus.)

The Zombie Penguin on
    Depression is awful, ya'll need to post more, and i just beat the heart with the a Mark of the Bloom. Take that, you giant creepy organ!

Mark of the bloom upgraded 21 different cards, include the three apparitions, and took a deck that was... kinda shit? Into... Well, still a bit shit, but distinctly less shit. Seek -> Ampilfy/Echo Form with Gambling chip, 3 energy and having other powers was fun, let the deck setup faaaast.

Literally only beat the Champ via having a belt full of potions, using those, and then using the entrophic brew.

Post mark of the bloom: Perfect Reptomancer, 5 hp to Time Eater, Awoken one only lost 1 hp, perfect Shield and Spear, 14 damage taken from the heart. Game is real tense when you cannot heal AT ALL. (We're not going to talk about # of reloads, because i have been playing like absolute shit recently. Interesting life lesson: Depression + Sleep Deprivation = Playing StS real bad)

Have a decklist, with a bonus BIG ORBS from a differnet (Sadly uncessful, because some idijit forgot the red key) run
    CA43CBFDC3ACF5C4D414ED4D3D594B9AE4F2ED436740C398512FF324C476D57C6DFA69DC46A3B5E1

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    D'aww, sorry, friend. :( I haven't played much since hitting and beating 20 with everyone. Kicked off playing Steamworld: Heist and since it's also got pretty good "One more game" motivations I've been rather snagged. :P

That is definitely a big orb. I feel like I've never gotten to have fun with that kind of Defect style - the biggest orb I've ever gotten is maybe ~120ish, which in fairness is usually enough with Dualcast or Multicast. <_<

edited March 2019
    Yeah, that one only got that big because of the stupid Intagible - i kept not being able to cast it, so it kept getting 5x19 added to it at the start of each turn... And well. Big. ORB. (Edit, Heist is real good and i'm glad to hear it's getting play. Sad they havent done more of it - so much better than Dig)

The Zombie Penguin on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, that one only got that big because of the stupid Intagible - i kept not being able to cast it, so it kept getting 5x19 added to it at the start of each turn... And well. Big. ORB. (Edit, Heist is real good and i'm glad to hear it's getting play. Sad they havent done more of it - so much better than Dig)

I'm okay with no new Heist content because they've been working on Steamworld Quest. An RPG deckbuilder seems right up my (and this threads) alley.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    My most recent defect run saw me killing the time eater with a 300+ dark orb to skip her healing turn.

Up to a10, a8, and a5 now but haven't been playing much recently.

• mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    I'm back to just playing when it's co-op with friends, and am actively looking for new games to play, I think. I have a vague interest in building a card/relic/enemy synergy table to guide card choices, but... that's going to be a lot of effort, and I don't know if I want to spend the time doing it. We'll see.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Going to do at least one Ironclad Endless run. Curious what a successful IC endless build looks like.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I had a crazy deck the other day for the Daily Climb from the build a deck from 30 random cards that could reliably draw the whole deck on turn 1 into a Grand Finale. Once I had two of them and that one card that gives you energy when you discard it I could more or less just keep going like that forever and I OTKed everything including the bosses.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • MorranMorran Registered User regular
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    But when's it coming to my phone?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »
    But when's it coming to my phone?

Hopefully never. I enjoy having some free time.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Woooo! I think I can die happy now, I beat A20 (not the heart). I have had a terrible run of things (for at least a month? maybe a decade?... Its been a long time). I really had to reevaluate some cards and events alot, but I finally did it:
    fkup010b4sys.jpg
    gn73k7hphknk.jpg
    j55vkexx6llp.jpg

The key to this run was that I got Apotheosis and the Artifact relic super early due to the early coin. Apotheosis allowed me to ignore upgrading at camps and grad fusion hammer with essentially no downside. The artifact relic synergized well with Biased Cognition. I didn't have too much that really ramped up other than capacitors to add more orbs (which were supercharged because of cognition). Barrage was a nice finisher that I picked up kinda late, and the mummified hand towards the end of the run was icing on the cake. Coolheaded actually did a lot of work, because of the ridiculous focus, one ice was frequently like 10 shield, and 2 cards kept things rolling.

Whew, now I can die happy. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Nice work! Looks like a sweet deck @chrono_traveller

I am curious why you grabbed the drill though - Not super seeing anywhere where it really paid off for you. Donu and Deca i guess? Not meaning to judge the choice, you obviously made it work! Just trying to figure out what the thinking was. It's not a relic i ever bother to buy, as i dont feel it does enough in enough fights.

(Also dont underestimate cool-headed, it is in the running for best commons in the game).

Anyway, go kill the heart on a20! YOU CAN DO IT.

Also i apologise for the accidental one-upsmanship, but another A20 defect heart kill. Yes, that is in fact 3 biased cogs, 2 upgraded while having Orange Pellets. Life was sweet. Deck was struggling hard for card draw, which made both the Spear and Shield + Heart seriously hairy at points. 4 equilibrium was pretty cool though! Cant actually remember how the heart fight went, other than "It died". 15 rounds in, apparently so uh, that's interesting. I think that's a new record for how long i've gone vs the heart and actually killed it. (Fun fact: Assuming no -str on the heart, Round 15/16 will involve a 20x15 attack being thrown at you. I believe round 18/19 ends up involving an attack that requires over a thousand block to stop, and you can only get 999... so good luck, kids!)

If i wanted to make this deck over the top - it needed an Echo Form, and maybe a mummified hand. That'd have broken things handily.

I still have no idea why i thought bottling claw was a good idea, but whatever it worked out... I mean. Kinda. i probably would have removed claw if i could have <.<. Sunder was added to the deck purely to have a target for poor Necronomcion to do ANYTHING with.

Hopefully back streaming soon, health is stilll... tenenous. Let's go with that.
    E144FA428E783A4ED820299434214CF44F7D6D21

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I got real in to X-Com 2 after the sale for a bit there. Back on Ascension-climbing now:
    E9B5E21F495B7BB8B978C16F20658A87DCA6826B

I am surprised I was able to settle on a strategy (don't die, recur Dark orbs to finish) as early as halfway through Act 1, and even more that I kept getting fed help with it, but I'm not complaining.

The Thunder Strike+ saved my butt repeatedly in Act 3; kept getting Transients. It let me finish the Time Lord before he could reset his health, too.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

@The Zombie Penguin, when I get back home tonight I can check, but I don't think the drill was a choice, I think I got it in a surprise chest in a ? room (which was aided by the small chest relic).

Man, I dunno about the heart on A20. That just sounds like a tale to scare little children. :wink:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    edited March 2019
    @chrono_traveller That's not possible - it's a shop only relic! So you had to buy it for a reason, and i demand answers =P

It is a shop only relic which is near useless in my opinion, there just arent enough enemies who make block... in amounts you can actually break to make it useful. If like every act 3 boss had a block mechanic every turn, it'd work! But that sounds scary D:

Also, yes, all my posts have been dedicated to scaring little children. You've caught me =P

Edit: When i'm a bit more awake, would people be interested in a "Here's what you need to kill the heart on a20" breakdown? With maybe some comments on major pain points, etc?

The Zombie Penguin on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    @chrono_traveller That's not possible - it's a shop only relic! So you had to buy it for a reason, and i demand answers =P

It is a shop only relic which is near useless in my opinion, there just arent enough enemies who make block... in amounts you can actually break to make it useful. If like every act 3 boss had a block mechanic every turn, it'd work! But that sounds scary D:

Also, yes, all my posts have been dedicated to scaring little children. You've caught me =P

Edit: When i'm a bit more awake, would people be interested in a "Here's what you need to kill the heart on a20" breakdown? With maybe some comments on major pain points, etc?

I bought it once just to see what's up

There were more hallway fights than I thought that used it

Still wasn't super useful, probably won't buy it again

edited March 2019
    If I wanted to sound smart, I might have bought it right before the suit of armor boss, who I think frequently generates shields. If I wanted to sound not smart, I might have just bought it because I didn't have enough gold to buy any of the other relics, and the cards were not that appealing. And like a kid in a candy store, sometimes I just can't help spending all the monies I have.

It did prove very useful on the Donuts boss, since it was able to eat away at the artifacts they start with, I was able to apply vulnerability much quicker than usual.

chrono_traveller on
    OK, I can reach an early Elite, so I'll grab the 3 enemy/1hp gift. Let's see how this...

xnz7dim1w3jz.png

...FUCK YOU GAME! Encounter 4 was Exordium Thugs (Slaver, Spiked Slime) who lined up for 23 damage on turn 1?! Naturally I drew no block cards either.

Talk about putting someone on major tilt. I just didn't give a fuck after that and lost the run when the Goblin Nob Elite did another 32 damage to me leaving me at 9hp.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    o u c h

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Just got through Ascension 4 with all 3 characters. Slow going.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My Ironclad run just now was a big fat deck mostly centered around self-damage and strength increase

My Ironclad run just now was a big fat deck mostly centered around self-damage and strength increase

That sounds like a fun deck!

Steam profile
    I don’t know if I was just lucky to beat Time Eater with it or if I just got unlucky in Act 4, but the pre-heart enemies took like 70 health off of me before I could even fight the heart, and even though I lasted like 7 or 8 turns against the heart it ended up desecrating me.

I took Velvet Choker as my first item and had a bunch of great relics. Mummified Hand led to me taking Power cards whenever I could which made my expensive cards trivial to play.

I don’t know if I was just lucky to beat Time Eater with it or if I just got unlucky in Act 4, but the pre-heart enemies took like 70 health off of me before I could even fight the heart, and even though I lasted like 7 or 8 turns against the heart it ended up desecrating me.

I took Velvet Choker as my first item and had a bunch of great relics. Mummified Hand led to me taking Power cards whenever I could which made my expensive cards trivial to play.

The Act 4 Elites are no joke. Depending on your deck, they can be harder than the Heart itself even! Congrats for making it that far even, that's no easy feat. I moooostly still dodge Act 4 content. Too scary for now :P

Steam profile
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Just did the daily climb for shits and giggles. You start with 5 copies of Storm Of Steel and enemies start with the slow condition. I found bag of marbles within the first 3 floors.
    Most of the run was perfected beyond early act 1. I took 7 damage on the act 2 boss, and ... uh ... I think that was it? Of course, slightly annoyingly, they do make you fight the Automaton and shapes, so none of the big bads get slow, but I had an After Image+, Kunai, and had just taken cards that drew whenever possible, so the deck still got a few points of dexterity against anything that lived beyond turn 1.
    Man un-ascended runs are trivial at this point. :P

edited April 2019

The Act 4 Elites are no joke. Depending on your deck, they can be harder than the Heart itself even! Congrats for making it that far even, that's no easy feat. I moooostly still dodge Act 4 content. Too scary for now :P

Yeeah, any run you get into act 4 on, no matter where you wipe out or not, feel proud. It's an achievement!

Also i promised to write about beating the heart, so hear's some general things you needto be able to do to beat the heart & the a4 elites. (Do note, this is all written assuming A20 - So some stuff like damage numbers,

Guaranteed Damage mitigation on turn 2 & 3:

This is probably the singe biggest one - On turn 2 of the A4 elite, you face down a 4x10 attack (More if you're not facing the Spear) and you'll have 2 burns in your hand, potentially giving you a 3 card hand. Then you face down a 40-odd damage attack from the Shield on turn 3. When you face the heart, Turn 2 is either a 3x15 attack, or a 67 damage attack... and whichever one you didn't get will be comming next. Also you'll be weak, frail and vulnerable.

Ways you can deal with this: Artifact stripping -> Piercing Wail/Disarm/Weak. a super-charged Genetic Algorithm. Barricade/Calipers Turn 1 + vomit up block (Works better for the heart, you can be facing 40 damage t1 with the S&S). Intangibility (Appirations - Echoform if you're defect, Ghost in a Jar, Maaaaybe wraith form if you can deal with the dex down). Vs the heart you can hold an artifact pot, and drink that at the end of turn 1 - this will block the Vulnerable. If you're ironclad, having a stupid amount of +max hp and simply face tanking it with reaper/strength gain later on is very valid - Joinrbs has won countless ironclad runs like this, it's kinda sickening how good max hp is.

Odd Mushroom, Turnip, Ginger are all relevant here.

High Damage output

Both of these fights scale. The heart particularly scales hard - assuming no strength down on it, you'll be facing a 3x15, then a 6x15, then a 8x15, then a 20x15 each cycle. (Context: HEart always goes Buff, Attack/Multi Attack, Whichever of theses it hasnt yet done for this cycle, Repeat). or there abouts. NUmbers are probably a bit off here. By turn 17 or 18 you're facing down an attack that demands more block than you can actually get in the game (You're capped at 999). Stalling against the heart is only valid up to a point - You simply cannot go to 20 something turns like an awoken one fight.

You also have to deal with the fact the heart has the Invincibility buff - it can only take 200 damage per turn. So you cannot super charge a dark orb and kill it in one shot. (There is a way to break invincibility due to exploiting a flaw in the way it calculates damage, but that involves creating an infinite using pummel, dual wield and the boot.)

The simplest way to beat the heart is to somehow be able to do 200 damage per turn for 4 turns, and survive the 2 attacks. Realistically i've never played a deck that can do that (Corruption/Dead Branch, with a bottled corruption and some godly relics, i guess?). But decks that can do what averages out to 100 damage per turn and win on turn 8/9 are pretty reasonable to put together. You can turn the heart's attacks again it via Thorns, and htis is one of the easiest ways to help your deck find the damage - A thorns pot or bronze scales will cost the heart 45 hp every time it multi attacks. More if you have both, or can Flame Barrier/Caltrops on the right turns.

High Value Cards

Finally, you have to be able to survive long enough to do this, while setting up. The heart has the beat of death (Starts at 2, will increase to 3 after 2 cycles), the Shield is debuffing your strenght/focus... These are fights where playing a defend only to get 5-3 block is just... not where you want to be. So you need to find ways for your deck to be powerful with what it's doing. This can involve things like orb-evoking shennagins, Kunai/Shuriken with After Image/Ornamental Fan, it can involve being able to dump poison, Snecko Eye... there's a lot of ways to make your plays valuable. Actually figuring out what your deck can do/is doing that's powerful is probably the single hardest bit of this game, so i'm sorry this segment's so vague. It's just so game-to-game dependant. Powers are a very common way to do this - Corruption/Feel No Pain/Juggernaught, After Image, Envenom to give that poison/shiv deck that extra bit of spice, Nightmare/Wraith form, the good ol "I have mummified hand, creative ai, and echo form. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING BUT IT APPEARS TO BE WORKING" defect...

Point is, i know this all sounds scary, but it's very doable! If you can beat a20, you can beat the heart on A20.

Meanwhile, if i loose the run that ended act 1 like this, i'mma be pissed.
    0598BF228D5754FE78F278F03FF2D59DD223B123

I'm up against the second A3 boss and things are looking great though!

The Zombie Penguin on
    edited April 2019
    So, as a follow up to the above post, here's a winning heart kill. Now i actually screwed this run up and had to redo, due to miscounting my bloody Incense burner (Which is, well, telling). Pro tip: You always want your incense burner on 3 or 4 when you enter the heart fight (Having it on 0 will work out too, and there should be anotehr number that's safe, but i cant be bothered mathing it out. 5 will fuck you though - it'll never be active on attack turns, only buff turns)

That embarssing mistake aside, here's the deck:
    368377E5AEEB901EBB91E5BEC4595331D74030DD Cut off cards are Infernal Blade and Shrug it off+

So, what was this deck doing that was strong, that let it be a heart killing deck?

One: Snecko Eye/Corruption.

This is probably the core of what makes a lot of ironclad decks ridiculous. Snecko Eye's 7 card draw makes finding corruption (Even when you only have 1 copy in a 42 card deck) pretty easy. Corruption's cost = 0 overrides Snecko Eye's effect, letting you pack your deck with delicious skills. In this case we've also got Gambling Chip, Bag of Preparation and Charon's Ashes.

Which means we a: Get a minimum 9 card starting hand, that we can potentially see another 9 cards with (18 cards on the first turn is a HUGE amount of card draw). B: Whenever we exhaust anything, we deal AoE damage. this makes Corruption into a small but significant offensive powerhouse for the deck.

Two: Double disarm+ & Dark Shackles. Anyway of stripping enemy strength is immensely valuable. Do note that you have to be able to remove artifacts for this to be any good against the Spear or Heart (After cycle 1, the heart gains 2 artifact charges on it's buff. This is thankfully a once off though). This is the reason i took an exceptionally early Thunderclap, and was pretty happy to have those shockwaves. Exhume is a big player for ironclad here - Being able to go Corruption, Disarm, Exhume, Disarm is a very strong turn.

This leads into point Three of what the deck was good at: Lots of way to inflict both vulnerable and weak. Vulnerable makes the deck's damage go that much further. This is not actually a deck with particularly great scaling - a single inflame is... Well, iffy. No real ways to leverage +strength other than reaper. Shuriken & Kunai were very late finds, as was Pen Nib - all of those were basically vital to giving the deck a way to have something that resembled scaling. (Kunai and Shuriken, while they do let you scale, are very very slow forms of scaling.)

If you're going for this sort of Strategy, Bag of Marbles & Red Mask are super valuable for their ability to strip artifact. I gave up 100+g and the chance to remove a curse just get Red Mask - it was that strong for this particular deck.

Anyway, Vulnerable was a big deal for this deck as the majority of it's damage was coming off Necronomcion + Snecko Eye shenanigans (Double Immolates, Double... whatever costs 2). Once it got pen nib, again, Vulnerable really helps there. Weak meanwhile helps the deck actually survive - a lot of this deck's survival came from blitzing things too fast to take damage, and healing what it did take with Necro'd Reapers/Bites. Weak goes that much further to making this a realistic strategy. This was effective enough though the deck rested exactly once: In act 4. Which was just because i didn't see an upgrade that felt like it was better than 9 hp.

Other things that were good: Taking cursed key over broken crown, to go with the Question card. seeing 4 cards per fight is REALLY good (Seeing 1 or 2 cards is so much weaker it's not funny - it can be a good choice when you already have everything you need to win, but this is a deck that wanted more skills and more card draw).

Discovery x2 and Infernal Blade were basically there to give the deck more card selection chances. Infernal Blade was an early act 1 pick on grounds of 'uh, i need ways to stab people, random 0 cost attacks might help'. Discovery just combo'd well with both Charons & Corruption (As well as acting as Pseduo corruptions/power pots.) Not something for every deck, but in this deck, the syngery was there.

Hopefully this sort of breakdown of what the deck was doing and why it was good is useful. It's worth noting: this is a crazy strong deck, with a crazy strong start. You don't need to be anywhere near this degernate normally to win. (This is one place where score is useful - it can give you a sort of general benchmark for how well a deck murdered the game. Anything that's pulling 3k+ points generally murdered the shit out of the game)

The Zombie Penguin on
    edited April 2019
    Chom Chom, max hp is bahroken, Chom Chom Chom, eat the heart, chom chom chom!
    85599447000875923E374A433B3774FEDB40E880

Very simple Corruption/Runic Pyramid combo - hold and abuse Reaper with strength/limit break, eat everything you can. Took 169 damage in the heart fight - i only had 155 max hp, and wasn't even at full health, so that seems preddy good to me.

Had Feed as a rare in return for a curse. (taken over Bludgeon, Max hp is stronk)

Dual Wield is really stupidly good when you have Runic Pyramid. Feed, Inflame, Reaper...

Dont ask me why run history is so fucked up, because i've no idea.
    BCF808A52D801C411B424BE7CD04CE67D6A8FED3

Chom chom.

Edit: And just nicely wiped out the heart with a Deadbranch silent run, putting me at a 2-0 streak. Sadly then wiped out to the mask bandits as defect ,but hey. VoD in the spoiler below, it was a fun run. also had totally insane Pandora's box that made the deck crazystronk

The Zombie Penguin on
    Now that it's been a while, how do you enjoy streaming @The Zombie Penguin?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited April 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Now that it's been a while, how do you enjoy streaming @The Zombie Penguin?

I like it, i think! It's pretty exhausting to do at points, and i wish i was more consistent (My health is uh, abominable right now), but i think i'm putting out reasonable content. I'm making a point to go back and listen to some of my highlights and try and figure out where i can improve - more confidence in my speech for one. I think as i keep going and hopefully get a viewerbase i can play off, things will improve. I also need to explain why i'm doing this more clearly - some of my explanations are uh, pretty fuzzy. High grade penguin logic.

I need to figure out transferring highlights to youtube (Last time i tried, the video vanished into the aether. Youtoube's interface is unhelpful!), but yeah. Happy with things as a starting point - i've been actively considering other games i could stream, so i think that's a sign i enjoy things. (I suspect i'll stick to "Single player games wot i play good" as that seems a useful niche).

Really though, i just hope my content is enjoyable and informative for people, or at the very least, fun to listen to in the background =)

Also i got spontaneously raided by someone with 33+ viewers so that was... a thing. I hope they all enjoyed it.

The Zombie Penguin on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Is it just me or is the lagavulian on ascension 3 a son of a bitch.

Is it just me or is the lagavulian on ascension 3 a son of a bitch.

No, it's at any ascension level.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page