As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lost a black jansport backpack!

Icedxearth44 Icedxearth44 Registered User regular
edited March 2019 in PAX East
Backpack lost possibly near Behemoth or Brawlhala booth. Black jansport bag with a white Blatz patch and a red medic pin on top.

Icedxearth44 on

• Options
    Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Make sure you check at Info booth. Any lost items found by or turned in to Enforcers are sent up to the Info booth for safe keeping.

• Options
    Yea, I've been checking periodically. Hoping it's there this morning! Thanks.

• Options
    Not at L&F. I'm going with stolen.

• Options
    Found!

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    YAY .. thats awesome .. glad it was recovered.

It's a shame though that people usually do not return stuff when found.

I was walking a hall on Saturday and someone 10 feet in front of me dropped some money.. i ran over to grab it to so I could give it back. They where very happy to say the least at getting it back seeing how it was $20.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Sepioth wrote: »
    YAY .. thats awesome .. glad it was recovered.

It's a shame though that people usually do not return stuff when found.

I once had my hefty pro DSLR camera kit (worth well over $2000) in hand to take some photos, and put it down to demo a game. When I was done, I absent-mindedly thought I still had it clipped to my backpack, and walked away from the booth. I didn't realize until like an hour later when I reached for the camera on its clip to find it wasn't there. It had found its way back to the info booth and I reclaimed it, VERY much relieved. Another time I had a bag filled with purchases that I walked away from and found it returned to the booth I had been playing games at. This year, I had my annual "oh god I forgot my stuff" panic attack when I stepped away from a bag for a few minutes because, again, I had forgotten I had another bag for purchases. It was right where I had left it, even though anyone could have easily grabbed it and walked off.

One year one of my room share strangers-turned-friends left some supplies and a razor in the bathroom; another room share buddy held onto that stuff for TWO YEARS to return it the next time they crossed paths.

Beyond PAX, my wallet has fallen out of my pocket, headphones have fallen out of my bag, etc and people have jumped to point it out or hand it back, and I've seen the same happen multiple times to others. I did lose my wallet for real one time on the way to the subway and even then my cards and ID were anonymously mailed to me, if not the cash.

The lesson is that while I am mostly absent-minded with my things, people are indeed mostly good, especially when we make it as easy as possible for them to be good (flagging a wandering enforcer and instantly handing an item to them > having to find an address, stamp an envelope, and mail back a wallet a week later).

ilta on
  • Options
    MaawdawgMaawdawg CT, USARegistered User regular
    If you ever find someone's wallet and can't get a hold of them you can just drop it in a USPS mailbox and they will mail it to the address on the ID. Mark Rober did an experiment on lost wallets on youtube not too long ago. At past Easts I have seen people jump out of a line to grab something off the floor and catch up to the person who dropped it. This year one of my boothmates left her Mixer hoodie (one that you got for being the first 100 people to donate a certain amount on a charity stream) at a booth and when she went back it was gone and it never turned up in lost and found, unfortunately.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Maawdawg wrote: »
    If you ever find someone's wallet and can't get a hold of them you can just drop it in a USPS mailbox and they will mail it to the address on the ID.

I didn't know that! That's really cool. Sorry about your friend's hoodie, though. :(

ilta on
  • Options
    Huge relief! Had my car and house keys in it!