As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Totally Accurate Battle Sim (EA) out today!

19596979899101»

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I remember the Pandarean race started out as an april fool's thing from Warcraft III. Then they added the hero as a neutral hero in the expansion and eventually they just became part of the lore.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    The April Fools ogre race for WoW ended up being how Cho'gall played in Heros of the Storm though only one character chooses where to move.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    There are a lot of people in Bloodborne.

They are just staying indoors with the lights off because have you seen the shit going on outside?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The Pandarean race should have remained a joke

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I did start Tropico 6 this weekend. I played through all the tutorials, which was kind of a waste of time if you've played before, but I didn't want to miss any of the new stuff. If you're in the same boat, you probably only need to play tutorials 4 and 5, maybe 3.

My memory of 5 is fuzzy so some of this might be from there but new stuff is:
    • Multiple islands. Now you can spread over a small archipelago. Start by building a landing (it's only $150 to quick build, I would do that). You'll want to build teamster docks to send stuff back and forth. You can also build bridges and maybe later tunnels between islands.
    • Raid buildings. Each era has a different raid building. I've only messed with the Pirate Cove from the colonial era. It builds up raid points and you can spend them to raid for various resources. Or for more raid points, you can steal world wonders like Stonehenge or the Hagia Sophia.
    • Expanded Constitution. The constitution was in 5, but now you can research additional clauses.
    • Edicts. A lot of edicts are now locked behind research, as well as tied to different Eras. Also, most edicts that aren't one-time can level up, increasing the benefits.
    • The finally redid the building art, so tenements and churches and everything looks different now.
    • The Broker. Gives you new ways to gain and finally spend Swiss Bank account funds.
    • You can grow cocoa and make chocolate now
    • You can customize your palace visually

captaink on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I would like to live in a world where Stonehenge was stolen by pirates

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Sorry, bit of a segue into another topic - Speaking of Town NPCs, aside from Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, and generally farming games, are there other games where the town is populated entirely by unique NPCs with their own bits of personal dialog/function? I think you can do something similar in Terraria, but that's less of a town and more of a fortress type of thing.

The Legend of Heroes games give every NPC in the game their own name, personality and story, with dialogue that changes with the story throughout the game. (and incidentally made life hell for translators)
    Also every chest has a different scolding/ sarcastic comment if you inspect it after looting it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Ubisoft also has this going on in Rainbow Six Siege all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzqxRHLPpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKypAGOatlE

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Looks like Borderlands 3 pushed its marketing a little too early, they tweeted then deleted 2 tweets that revealed the release date, September 13th, and that it will be Epic Store exclusive on PC. (Probably temporarily)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Fighting game Rivals of Aether has released a free dating sim spinoff.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I did start Tropico 6 this weekend. I played through all the tutorials, which was kind of a waste of time if you've played before, but I didn't want to miss any of the new stuff. If you're in the same boat, you probably only need to play tutorials 4 and 5, maybe 3.

My memory of 5 is fuzzy so some of this might be from there but new stuff is:
    • Multiple islands. Now you can spread over a small archipelago. Start by building a landing (it's only $150 to quick build, I would do that). You'll want to build teamster docks to send stuff back and forth. You can also build bridges and maybe later tunnels between islands.
    • Raid buildings. Each era has a different raid building. I've only messed with the Pirate Cove from the colonial era. It builds up raid points and you can spend them to raid for various resources. Or for more raid points, you can steal world wonders like Stonehenge or the Hagia Sophia.
    • Expanded Constitution. The constitution was in 5, but now you can research additional clauses.
    • Edicts. A lot of edicts are now locked behind research, as well as tied to different Eras. Also, most edicts that aren't one-time can level up, increasing the benefits.
    • The finally redid the building art, so tenements and churches and everything looks different now.
    • The Broker. Gives you new ways to gain and finally spend Swiss Bank account funds.
    • You can grow cocoa and make chocolate now
    • You can customize your palace visually

The question I hate to ask but have had to ask since Tropico 4. How much did they yank to later release as dlc? Did they at least calm down a bit after 5?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Has the internet figured out the deal with the Epic Games store yet? I've seen a lot of noise about it being spyware, or actually it's just grabbing your steam friends list but steam packages things in such a way that it looks like more, etc etc.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Has the internet figured out the deal with the Epic Games store yet? I've seen a lot of noise about it being spyware, or actually it's just grabbing your steam friends list but steam packages things in such a way that it looks like more, etc etc.

Epic has an "import steam friends" feature that connects to a local steam file, parses out friend ids, and then adds them to certain game lists.

Apparently Epic plans on removing the feature, and Valve doesn't want them touching the file.

https://www.pcgamer.com/valve-doesnt-sound-too-happy-about-the-epic-store-copying-steam-data/

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Fighting game Rivals of Aether has released a free dating sim spinoff.

good! if you wanna do the "dating sim" joke, you need to pull up your pants and fucking do it, imho

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    you need to drop your pants and fucking do it

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It's a popular theme this year.
    From Amplitude Studios, Love Thyself - A Horatio Story: https://store.steampowered.com/app/949060/Love_Thyself__A_Horatio_Story/
    In a society where everyone is a clone of the Emperor, can you survive long enough to find out who you truly are? Try out the brand new visual novel set in the Endless Universe!
    Plunge forehead-first into the exhilarating world of Horatio, the Endless galaxy’s most perfect being. Experience life as a freshly-decanted Horatio clone on his first day of cadet school.

Will you be the obedient servant of the great forehead in the sky? Will you manage to woo one four uniquely identical Horatio clones? Or will you skirt the line of disobedience and risk the wrath of the gene-splicer-in-chief?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Make a new thread, villains

This discussion has been closed.