As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Need advice: selling a lot of old (2012-2015) pins

Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
I'm unfortunately in a situation where I lost my job and am having a hard time finding a new one so I need to sell my pins. I am a newbie when it comes to selling online and could use people's advice. Specifically if anyone has advice on the following (or general advice) I'd really appreciate it

I assume I should sell on ebay; is that right?
Is there any way I can figure out roughly what pins are worth so I can put a decent reserve price?
Any other advice?

I need to update my 2014-2015 pins but in case anyone is interested what I have you can see it on this Google Spreadsheet.

Thanks y'all

• aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    eBay will probably give you the widest reach in terms of potential buyers. You can search the Sold listings on eBay to check out how much a particular pin has recently sold for. The Pinny Pals Slack group (bit.ly/pinslack) also has a channel (#yardsale) for selling pins.

This thread has useful information on shipping pins: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/196322/dmosinee-s-guide-to-convenient-cost-effective-pin-shipping/p1 (TL;DR: Ship in a bubble mailer using First Class mail)

All the best!

• CoppatopCoppatop Registered User regular
    DLC Pin? 3 Leeroy pins? Dang man, hit up ebay, your collection is valuable just based on those two.

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm interested in your entire collection. I messaged you; happy to discuss the details at your convenience. Either way, best of luck with your sales and your future endeavors!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
    Thanks y'all - sorry I was afk this weekend because I had what I could only describe as the plague. I'll eventually put up pictures and such. @Chubby Bunny I just responded to you; sorry it took me so long

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @Midas244 no worries man. Glad you survived the plague and I hope you're feeling better!

• SpiritmasterSpiritmaster Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in some as well. Let me know!

• xwolfxheartxxwolfxheartx Registered User new member
    I'd be interested in a couple of the PAX East pins. Please let me know what you'd want for them.

I’m most likely going to be selling it as a lot together - I know I’ll get less money that way but there’s so many pins it’ll take a ton of effort to sell them individually. I know that sucks for y’all and I’m sorry about that. I’m getting stuff organized on my side but I should have a better idea by the end of the week the latest

So a bunch of yall have PMed me about individual pins. While I’d prefer to sell them as a lot I also understand that pins are hard to get and people want to finish their collection. So to try to help people: if anyone has interest in individual pins PM me. If I can exclude them from the big lot (I.e. easier odds if I have a lot of them) I’ll try to set them aside. Basically I’ll do the best I can to try to help y’all out

I've got a lot of PMs but just to answer en mass to everyone: I got an offer for $4,500 for the lot. That'll save me a lot of time of selling it individually I would guess. I'm figuring everything out but yeah that's where I'm at right now

• awkwarriorawkwarrior Registered User regular
    Midas244 wrote: »
    I've got a lot of PMs but just to answer en mass to everyone: I got an offer for $4,500 for the lot. That'll save me a lot of time of selling it individually I would guess. I'm figuring everything out but yeah that's where I'm at right now

Just tell your buyer; if they want to resell any of it, please post here ;)

@Midas244 hey, just followed up with your message :)

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Goddamn. I'm currently contemplating offloading my complete collection (complete 2012 through South 2018) so I may have to get on this.

TheAggroCraig on
    edited April 2019
    Goddamn. I'm currently contemplating offloading my complete collection (complete 2012 through South 2018) so I may have to get on this.

@TheAggroCraig I'd love to see what you're considering offloading! :)@Midas244 can (hopefully) attest that I try to be as fair as possible in my offers.

Chubby Bunny on

• pbtampbtam Registered User regular
    Craig... threadjacking!