As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    My only real complaint at the moment is a little unusual, since it's the opposite of what I usually want in an MMO, but I wish it would actually have an option to ride the striders from here to there rather than just a loading screen. I would like to see the world from the top of those things.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    ESO celebrates April Fools Day with silly Khajiit outfits for cats.
    N8K90Jzh.jpg
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55993

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Kept getting booted from PS4 server last night for no real reason. Is this common? Fairly annoying, if it happens with any real consistency it would drive me away from playing.

That said, I took my Khajit warden to the roost island to start the dominion line, and it was pretty fun. thanks for the suggestion! As it turns out, I like the initial storyline about the daedric god (something morag?) quite a lot too. Finally broke out of the starter suggested spec and just made him a stamina bow beast guy and that worked pretty well.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I'm really mad that those cat outfits aren't actually for sale.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55981

This is a five week event. Get two event tickets every day simply by eating cake.

• GuildNavGuildNav Registered User regular
    I know this isn't productive, but I need to vent. I can't stand the lack of matchmaking in battlegrounds. I feel obligated to play 1 a day for the big reward, but it is painful. The disparity between a highly optimized character's survivability and damage, and that of your average player, is massive. The disparity between a team of highly optimized characters, in a pre-made group, communicating on Discord/TS, and that of a PUG is even more massive.

It's 2019. How is a lack of matchmaking a thing?

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Do we still have a semi-active PA guild for this? I recently got started proper with the game after buying it at launch and barely touching it. Currently a level 31 Stamina Nightblade, though I think I feel a Magicka Sorcerer in my future. I wouldn’t mind having PA peeps to bounce my questions off of while I play, seems like I spend fully 1/3 of my play time trying to find accurate information on google instead of playing.

That aside, wow, I definitely regret sleeping on this for so long. I remember trying it briefly around morrowind release but being turned off by the combat. For whatever reason it’s definitely clicked this time around and I’m having a blast. Finished up the main story and now I’m dipping my toes into battlegrounds while I figure out where I want to go next.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Do we still have a semi-active PA guild for this? I recently got started proper with the game after buying it at launch and barely touching it. Currently a level 31 Stamina Nightblade, though I think I feel a Magicka Sorcerer in my future. I wouldn’t mind having PA peeps to bounce my questions off of while I play, seems like I spend fully 1/3 of my play time trying to find accurate information on google instead of playing.

That aside, wow, I definitely regret sleeping on this for so long. I remember trying it briefly around morrowind release but being turned off by the combat. For whatever reason it’s definitely clicked this time around and I’m having a blast. Finished up the main story and now I’m dipping my toes into battlegrounds while I figure out where I want to go next.

On PC, yes. I can put you in later today if you remind me (everybody else, if I haven't put you in, remind me ;-; )

The old guild is Pax Arcadia; it's barely used at all, but it had the most members. The new one is Ash Housewares, which has a bank full of crafting things (don't be an ass with it or I kill you)

Guild Bank Rules:

* stuff in the bank is for anybody to take. Don't put anything in there you'll miss.
    * Conversely, don't clean out the entire goddamn bank and sell it for profit, like someone in Pax Arcadia did because they thought the guild was "dead."
    * Please for the love of god take recipes out. Please. We're drowning in 'em.
    * Try to put crafting supplies back in when you can.
    * use Roomba: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info402-Roomba-GuildbankStacker.html

The Ash Housewares bank does serve as a sort of communal crafting mat repository for those of us who aren't subscribers and thus don't have a craft bag.

Now that I have a new computer that's better able to handle this game without freezing and stuttering, I will hopefully be on a little more often? But I'm currently eaten alive by Warframe and trying to get another stupid grindy bullshit thing in GW2, and also trying to get my heavily modded Oblivion playthrough to work again now that it's migrated to a new PC.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I'll be on again when I can play a necromancer... I've just been waiting for that. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    4 days, I think!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    @Lucid_Seraph If you're around, I'd take that guild invite! Sorry for the odd hours. Work be wild yo.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Guild Bank Rules:

* stuff in the bank is for anybody to take. Don't put anything in there you'll miss.
    * Conversely, don't clean out the entire goddamn bank and sell it for profit, like someone in Pax Arcadia did because they thought the guild was "dead."
    * Please for the love of god take recipes out. Please. We're drowning in 'em.
    * Try to put crafting supplies back in when you can.
    * use Roomba: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info402-Roomba-GuildbankStacker.html

I roomba'd just now! Went from like 450 slots filled to 264.

Also I have seen no recipes at all. Someone took your plea seriously.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    @Lucid_Seraph If you're around, I'd take that guild invite! Sorry for the odd hours. Work be wild yo.

My hours are also weird x_X I'll need a character name so I can send you the invite.

UGH I am fresh out of $$$ from building my new computer. No cats for me, unless someone's feeling generous.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Played this game a long time ago on PS4 and while it was fun, I couldn't get into it. Years later and holy frijoles. Is there a PC guild? Or is it all Crossplay? Also whats up with higher level people running low level content?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    @Lucid_Seraph my ign thingy is @Konphujun, same as here. If you need more let me know, I think that’s the main signifier anyway.

ED! wrote: »
    Played this game a long time ago on PS4 and while it was fun, I couldn't get into it. Years later and holy frijoles. Is there a PC guild? Or is it all Crossplay? Also whats up with higher level people running low level content?

There is a PC guild, though we're pretty inactive. As noted above, please give me your in game name or a character name, and I'll try to put you in the guild

(I swear I'll do this later today. If there's any other outstanding membership requests, please let me know.)

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    I play almost daily - just grinding out champion points until I can pick up the expansion for necro. Would love an invite though @BradicusMaximus

Also just looking for people to run dungeons with :D

@Lucid_Seraph my ign thingy is @Konphujun, same as here. If you need more let me know, I think that’s the main signifier anyway.

Says yu're in too many guilds for me to invite you to both Pax Arcadia and Ash Housewares. Which would you prefer? AH has the better bank.
    I play almost daily - just grinding out champion points until I can pick up the expansion for necro. Would love an invite though @BradicusMaximus

Also just looking for people to run dungeons with :D

Got an "account not found" error. Character name?

Whichever is more active.

Whichever is more active.

At this point, that's probably AH. You'll need to leave Pax Arcadia (sorry, I was doing it in order and didn't know you were in that many guilds?) so I can put you in Ash Housewares.

See what’s odd to me is I am only in one guild at the moment. How many are we supposed to be allowed in at once?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    See what’s odd to me is I am only in one guild at the moment. How many are we supposed to be allowed in at once?

You're allowed to be in 5. It might be that you can't have multiple open invites at the same time, so you'll have to accept one before you can be invited to the 2nd guild, maybe?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    If the guild has room for one more, i would appreciate a group to play with.
    UserID is @J4n1
    Probably playing on my main, magicka sorcerer named Valmond, or the new necromancer i made, thinking of seeing if i can make a magicka based tank with that one.

Nyysjan on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I'd love an invite to AH. Character name is "Gormenghast Groan"

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Twitch drops Sunday if you watch some of the Bethesda E3 and have your ESO account linked to Twitch.

Mount and five crates.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56409

Kamar on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Anyone sitting on a Werewolf Bite able to help out @ThisIsEmeralds (their ESO account name) with a bite?

She's not on the forums but I bit her first character and then she decided she liked Warden more and now she has to wait 4 days for my bite to return

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    anybody still playing? Just got elsweyr on the cheap finally so I rolled a new necromancer in the new area, got to level 8 or so, been fun tooling around the new tutorial and then what that leads you into

edit - wait there is a second guild these days? @Lucid_Seraph are you still active, does ashe still exist? If so any chance I could get an invite to that guild too? My ESO account name is also Hardtarget

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    anybody still playing? Just got elsweyr on the cheap finally so I rolled a new necromancer in the new area, got to level 8 or so, been fun tooling around the new tutorial and then what that leads you into

edit - wait there is a second guild these days? @Lucid_Seraph are you still active, does ashe still exist? If so any chance I could get an invite to that guild too? My ESO account name is also Hardtarget

ashe exists! I will try to remember to hop on tomorrow and roll you in.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This is a game I play sometimes. I bought it way back when it first came out... I was not impressed.

Seems okay now, though.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    ESO's still my 'I don't have anything else to play while I watch shows/podcasts' game, but I've had lots of things to play recently so I've barely touched it.

And yeah, it launched in dire shape. I got so frustrated by bugs I logged out and uninstalled it partway through a quest not too very long after launch.

• ÄlterÄlter Registered User regular
    I just hopped on a week or so ago on ps4 and have been just going to town on all the Vvradenfell stuff. Anyone still playing on ps4 and want to knock some group stuff out?

That's the sound of my shoes.
    I'm mostly dead. I'm happy to appoint more deputees on PC if people want/need in on the guild

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I came here to chat about all the action going on in ESO right now, plus the Skyrim stuff upcoming.
    I had no idea the thread was so dead! Not that I've been contributing, I barely touched ESO last year but have been on fire for it this year. Burned through all the Elsweyr content over the last week, finished a few collections that got me some really unique items for my house.
    I'm really interested to see what happens when you get the 4th tablet for the Hall of Champions house that you unlock in Elsweyr. I don't want to spoil it so I've not looked it up, but no luck finding the final piece yet. But having a quest (even though it's not a logged actual quest) tied to unlocking a puzzle in my house is RIGHT up my alley.

vamen on
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I came here to chat about all the action going on in ESO right now, plus the Skyrim stuff upcoming.
    I had no idea the thread was so dead! Not that I've been contributing, I barely touched ESO last year but have been on fire for it this year. Burned through all the Elsweyr content over the last week, finished a few collections that got me some really unique items for my house.
    I'm really interested to see what happens when you get the 4th tablet for the Hall of Champions house that you unlock in Elsweyr. I don't want to spoil it so I've not looked it up, but no luck finding the final piece yet. But having a quest (even though it's not a logged actual quest) tied to unlocking a puzzle in my house is RIGHT up my alley.

I’ve just got back into ESO, too, after a year away. I did pick up Summerset, but didn’t even start it - I seem to remember getting far into the Morrowind expansion, then taking another break.

So I don’t actually know where in the release history I’m currently playing - lots of desert and Scorpion, though...

I’m basically just clearing up zones and following quests.

My plan for this year is to save cash wherever possible, and pay off some debt, so I’ve resubbed to ESO and plan to make that my main game for at least a few months, along with whatever comes to Gamepass.

It’s amazing how huge ESO is now, just so much stuff to do - and I think there’s around 2500 gamer score to chase, too...

Summerset is a few expansions back. Summerset > Wolfhunter > Murkmire > Wrathstone/Elsweyr/Scalebreaker/Dragonhold. I highly suggest going through the Summerset stuff, such a great storyline!

Summerset is a few expansions back. Summerset > Wolfhunter > Murkmire > Wrathstone/Elsweyr/Scalebreaker/Dragonhold. I highly suggest going through the Summerset stuff, such a great storyline!

I’ve just resumed the Morrowind quest line, so that’s my focus for now.

It had been so long, I didn’t know what the zone was, until I fast travelled there and saw all the mushrooms.

Then clockwork city, I think.

I think I have a few months worth of story and content before I consider going dragon hunting in Elseweyr, let alone Summerset.

That said - is the new Summerset skill line worth going there early for ?

M-Vickers wrote: »

It had been so long, I didn’t know what the zone was, until I fast travelled there and saw all the mushrooms.

I think I have a few months worth of story and content before I consider going dragon hunting in Elseweyr, let alone Summerset.

I honestly haven't used any of the Summerset skills, so I couldn't say!
    I burned through Mirkmire over the weekend. A very good time, especially for being a swamp, which I usually hate in games.

M-Vickers wrote: »

I honestly haven't used any of the Summerset skills, so I couldn't say!
    I burned through Mirkmire over the weekend. A very good time, especially for being a swamp, which I usually hate in games.

I finished Morrowind today - tomorrow I’m heading to Orsinium, as there’s a crafted set that sounds good for my build.

Then it’s off to Clockwork City.

I also really need to do a run of all the dungeons - I badly need skill points to level my crafting, as I need to move into my Summerset house and start decorating.

I actually just went to Orsinium, myself. It's one area I never got around to.
    I've been doing the dungeon daily with Karoz from the forums if you want to join us sometime. I'm vamenn if you want to add me in-game.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Man, I wanted to do dungeons in ESO but what seems to be one-time story stuff and LFG folks just wanting to get stuff done quick don't mix well.