As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Civilization] New civs, leaders, game features announced as a new season. Vampires!

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yeah I play on small. On Standard it's a lot less likely.

Also, what districts are "must have" for your cities? Mine would be industrial, as it helps accomplish every thing else.

Went for science as the Dutch. Even with a campus in every City I was lagging behind. I think I made the mistake of not building one in my capital though.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    It depends. Always harbor/commercial hub I guess.

Ideally you can play industrial districts in such a way as to minimize the number you need to hit all your cities.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Yeah I play on small. On Standard it's a lot less likely.

Also, what districts are "must have" for your cities? Mine would be industrial, as it helps accomplish every thing else.

Went for science as the Dutch. Even with a campus in every City I was lagging behind. I think I made the mistake of not building one in my capital though.

which districts are "must haves" depends entirely on your civ/strategy.

For example, with Mali? You want Holy Sites and Sugubas (commercial districts).

Domination civ? Encampments, a few commercial districts, don't neglect campuses. This is very general and varies per civ/game.

other civ types will prioritize other things. Plan it out based on the civ! Then prioritize based on how your game is going.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Ideally you can play industrial districts in such a way as to minimize the number you need to hit all your cities.

Wait, industrial districts can work cross city?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Factories extend their bonus to every city center within 6 tiles (9 with Mexico City suzerainty) with a limit of one factory per city (exception of Magnus' final ability).

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Gundi wrote: »

Wait, industrial districts can work cross city?

A lot of the ID buildings are not restricted to their home city but are every city within X tiles and overlap doesn’t help.

Entertainment districts have buildings that work the same way.

Jealous Deva on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Power plants (certainly nuclear ones) do the same with power too, so you can build several cities in a ‘ring’ around a central one (or at least one with a centrally placed IZ) and power them all from there with a single nuke.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I finally have started playing Civ6 (was still playing Civ5 a ton). I'm playing with both expansions. It's taken a bit longer for me to get into it compared to previous Civs, but I'm starting to really enjoy it.

One question though, as I find the tooltips in this game somewhat lacking compared to previous ones:

1. How do I see a breakdown of where my GPP are being generated from? I can go to the Great People screen and get a total (+6 Great Scientist GPP per turn for example), but not a breakdown of the sources of those GPPs. Anyway to see that?

camo_sig2.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    I finally have started playing Civ6 (was still playing Civ5 a ton). I'm playing with both expansions. It's taken a bit longer for me to get into it compared to previous Civs, but I'm starting to really enjoy it.

One question though, as I find the tooltips in this game somewhat lacking compared to previous ones:

1. How do I see a breakdown of where my GPP are being generated from? I can go to the Great People screen and get a total (+6 Great Scientist GPP per turn for example), but not a breakdown of the sources of those GPPs. Anyway to see that?

Not sure if there's any break down beyond the the details screen on each individual city.

steam_sig.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Anyone have issue where you can't vote in Gathering Storm if you have to select a civ to target? Can hear my mouse pointer clicking behind the voting overlay on units/cities and won't allow me to skip.

When are people winning diplomatic victories? Just managed 287, and it seemed pretty early.

Patch stream tomorrow. So one of those is coming soon. Ed Beach is saying there's some kind of Hungary nerf.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i mean there should be

I could see levied unit upgrades no longer being free. Maybe a discount

Has anyone else had issues with getting achievements? I've only been playing Civ IV for a few weeks, with all the expansions. But I've noticed I haven't unlocked several achievements that I know I should have. For example: I've changed governments and yet "A Revolution without Dancing" is still locked.

I'm on the Mac version with both expansions. Maybe I have to play vanilla?

camo_sig2.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/GGvjflXi3uE

For a bunch of changes.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Heir wrote: »
    Has anyone else had issues with getting achievements? I've only been playing Civ IV for a few weeks, with all the expansions. But I've noticed I haven't unlocked several achievements that I know I should have. For example: I've changed governments and yet "A Revolution without Dancing" is still locked.

I'm on the Mac version with both expansions. Maybe I have to play vanilla?

Civ 6 has been known to be buggy on checks for some achievements. I wouldn't be surprised if an achievement that pretty much every player got when it first came out slipped through the cracks in QA for an expansion.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    A search by name feature for the map is a fantastic addition, wow

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Wow that world builder looks slick.

camo_sig2.png
    That is pretty cool. I have always wanted to do a TSL fantasy map, maybe based on something like pangaea ultima, so civs could start next to other civs that were appropriate like an Earth map but you could also do things like unpack Europe and the Middle East and make them more spread out.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I would have expected this yesterday:
    Add beards to all remaining leaders that did not previously have beards.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Beware, new patch is not fully compatible with CQUI despite allowing it to load. It will vanish the other leaders and goes into an inescapable loop when the world congress needs you to select a leader (because they all disappeared).
    Doesn’t seem to harm previously made saves though; unload the mod and reload the save.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    They finally fixed the Kongo bug.

I contacted 2K and went through their bug reporting process. It was a real pain in the ass, but after so many patches came and went without this getting fixed, I knew they were never going to notice this bug unless someone went to extraordinary measures to make them aware of it.

Seeing it finally get fixed makes it all worth it though.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    This one seems blindingly obvious in retrospect:
    Add Walls to City States on Diety and Immortal games.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    diety typo from devs makes me wanna cry

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Apparently PC/Switch cross save is now a thing. I really want to be interested in the Switch version but the loss of the expansions kinda kills it for me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    What exactly was the Kongo bug?

My current save is in the modern era and you can sure notice the difference with global warming. I like the tweaks they made.

camo_sig2.png
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Their unique ability (get Founder belief from any religion spread in your empire, I think) just straight-up didn't work.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Apparently PC/Switch cross save is now a thing. I really want to be interested in the Switch version but the loss of the expansions kinda kills it for me.

The delay of the expansion packs for the Switch and iOS are killing me. I love playing this game on the couch on my iPad, but I've stopped since it seems the expansions are in limbo.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Alrighty so I'm jumping back into Civ5, after buying it right after release and only putting a few hours in. I just got all the expansions and am ready to go. Any tips for an exceptionally rusty Civ5 player?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Alrighty so I'm jumping back into Civ5, after buying it right after release and only putting a few hours in. I just got all the expansions and am ready to go. Any tips for an exceptionally rusty Civ5 player?
    That's a broad question! Uhm, the game is played on a hexagonal map with one combat and one civilian unit per square. Cities grow when there is a surplus of food and can produce units and buildings with hammers. Growth is limited by global happiness, which you increase by building specific buildings and gaining access to luxury resources. You can build Workers that can turn the tiles around cities into farms, mines, plantations etc, build roads and repair stuff. You can build settlers to make new cities.

Early game is all about exploring your surroundings, as you'll find goodie huts, natural wonders and city states that give nice boosts.

It is kind of a big game, but this is the broadest of general descriptions I can think of.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    New patch comin'!

One of the problems Civ 6 has had since the beginning is it introduced the new research boost system, but made research node costs so low, and production costs so high, that achieving many research boosts often felt unrealistic. The new rebalancing makes it feel like Firaxis is finally taking this problem seriously.

Making more buildings use electricity should help make that resource feel more important.

The changes to diplomatic victory are really interesting. Do you spend lots of favor trying to push your own agenda through, or do you toss just a little bit of favor into what you assume will be the most popular opinion? Even resolutions you don't personally care about will matter now, because every resolution is another path to diplomatic victory.

Ivan Hunger on
    This looks like a really good patch. The production stuff alone is great.

edited September 2019
    So a surprise new patch came out with the usual tweaks (coastal cities and great admirals in particular got a buff). Also included are some often requested new random map types like terra and mirror maps.

Also there’s a post apocalyptic battle royale mode now.

So yeah...

Jealous Deva on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oh it's out? Time to settle some coastal cities.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    edited September 2019
    Yeah.

I was going to try one of the new civs with a coastal focus to see the changes but then I just started a game as Gilgamesh because thats how I roll apparently.

There’s a tilted world random map that apparently produces discworld like maps - flat with ice in the center warm on the outside, I think I will try that.

Jealous Deva on
    They made one of my favorite wonders (Mausoleum) better? Neat.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    How has nobody linked the trailer for the new game mode yet? :P

https://youtu.be/2tiZv0TvXyM

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Oh it's out? Time to settle some coastal cities.

I was already doing coastal cities! God of the Sea + Auckland + Cardiff is broken!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg