As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Do we have a PA Guild or are we just signing up with whoever will have us - friends, strangers, whatever?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Do we have a PA Guild or are we just signing up with whoever will have us - friends, strangers, whatever?

I wouldn't bother with a PA guild unless we get enough people playin.

If people want to post their IGNs, I'll add them to the OP.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Yeah you want to be in a mostly full and active guild so you can get crests and buy out the guild shop. And hopefully get decent guild war rewards one day.

Feel free to send me friend requests. Elaize in game. I finally upgraded Destina's equipment so she's slightly faster than a slow turtle now. Luna should be able to solo most of story mode.

Luna is so terrible but I needed to auto Wyvern 11. I'll replace her when I finally get a good damage set farmed in three years.

Frosteey wrote: »
    Yeah you want to be in a mostly full and active guild so you can get crests and buy out the guild shop. And hopefully get decent guild war rewards one day.

Feel free to send me friend requests. Elaize in game. I finally upgraded Destina's equipment so she's slightly faster than a slow turtle now. Luna should be able to solo most of story mode.

Luna is so terrible but I needed to auto Wyvern 11. I'll replace her when I finally get a good damage set farmed in three years.

I know that feeling. If I didn't need water DPS for W11, I'd be able to salvage some way better sets, but as it is I have to use Karin and Luna and Angie for it.

edited March 2019
    I'm ArcadeBear in game. I'm weak, and I have Ravi set up as my support. She's only level 21, and I don't have any of the catalysts to awaken her beyond the first stone. It's going to take me a while before I can do anything above 1st level hunts, it seems.

I pulled a Lidica last night. I like her. She seems strong, but doesn't have a whole lot of utility outside of "give her crit, see big numbers."

Also, @Tcheldor your friends list is full.

El Fantastico on

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm Ilpala in game. My support is whatever the default is unfortunately.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i started the game this morning.
    on my 27th selective summon i settled for Ken, who seems pretty good.
    otherwise just rocking the default team, for the most part.

it seems very... anime. very anime. is it legal for a game to be this anime?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Purrgis is fast becoming one of my favorite warriors. Counter set and just enjoy the kitty aoeing like a beast.

Lucedes wrote: »
    i started the game this morning.
    on my 27th selective summon i settled for Ken, who seems pretty good.
    otherwise just rocking the default team, for the most part.

it seems very... anime. very anime. is it legal for a game to be this anime?

Oh you can get more anime than this game, but yea...it is.

I've updated the OP with people's IGNs. I've also opened up more friend slots if you wanna friend me.

I finally have a team that can auto Altar of Fire 10, so that's nice. I kept having trouble where I'd have to manual part of it heh.

I've also made almost a god Assassin Coli, but I'll post her on Monday after I can finish her out.

Did you spell your IGN right? When I search Elaize, I get nothing.

I hadn't realized that you could set up a bunch of different "friend" units, one for each role. My leader is Charles, but I have Ravi and Lidica in the Warrior and Ranger spots, and random 3/4*s in the other roles.

I still could use a better healer. I have a Hazel, but it's going to be a while before I can change her specialization.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    My IGN is Bradcopter. I've got a bunch of decent to garbage characters up as supports so good luck!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I hadn't realized that you could set up a bunch of different "friend" units, one for each role. My leader is Charles, but I have Ravi and Lidica in the Warrior and Ranger spots, and random 3/4*s in the other roles.

I still could use a better healer. I have a Hazel, but it's going to be a while before I can change her specialization.

Hazel's specialty change to M. Hazel makes her quite good for all fire teams. She gives them passive stats and such.

Tcheldor wrote: »

Did you spell your IGN right? When I search Elaize, I get nothing.

Probably because I'm already on your friend list

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My IGN is Milski.

I just beat 10-10, and now I'm kind of reaching out a bit and seeing how well my Ravi with a counter set can "solo" (with a random level 50 friend). I'm able to clear out World difficulty 1-3 on Auto, which is decent I guess.

I ate an engineer
    milski wrote: »
    My IGN is Milski.

I just beat 10-10, and now I'm kind of reaching out a bit and seeing how well my Ravi with a counter set can "solo" (with a random level 50 friend). I'm able to clear out World difficulty 1-3 on Auto, which is decent I guess.

Try to get her Sigurd's Scythe while it's for sale if you really wanna power her up.

Frosteey, whoops.

Don't forget we have some april fools +experience and gold going on at several points today.

That's a lotta 3* artifacts to chunk since I started about a week ago.

I ate an engineer
    When do rate up events go live? I started playing while Charles side story was unplayable, but still had the rate up, and Cermia's is almost approaching that point. I just assumed a new event would go live within a few days of her story wrapping up.

When do rate up events go live? I started playing while Charles side story was unplayable, but still had the rate up, and Cermia's is almost approaching that point. I just assumed a new event would go live within a few days of her story wrapping up.

Patch day is always Wednesday. We get the notes in the morning.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I didn't know we had a thread for this!

My IGN is Romundus. Haven't been playing as much lately as I've hit a bit of a wall. Need to grind to get some level 60s.

Best units are (in order of CP, all 5*):

Luna
    Tywin
    Bellona
    Surin
    Mistychain
    Charles
    Angelica
    Dingo
    Alexa
    Kiris
    Tamarinne

Still haven't cleared world difficulty, and can only reliably auto level 8/9 of the various hunts/runes

Grinding to get Luna up to 6* first, but it's taking such a mind-numbing amount of time that I'm struggling to stay interested in the game, but, as the others have said, the sprite animations are gorgeous, even if there is a bit more cheesecake than I generally enjoy.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    The 6star grind is a bit annoying but gear is more important.

Ive seen worse implementations of pay wall mechanics in these games. If I were to use my currency to get a 60 I would have had one by now but I am using to to get a wealth of 50s instead.

Jubal77 wrote: »
    Ive seen worse implementations of pay wall mechanics in these games. If I were to use my currency to get a 60 I would have had one by now but I am using to to get a wealth of 50s instead.

Level 60 is just stats, which I mean, they matter, but your gear is a way bigger barrier to hard content than the 6 stars. There are a lot of units where 6 starring just isn't very important (e.g. do they tank or really need attack (instead of speed/crit) The game gives you weekly 2 giga phantasms, you can get a tera each month from the guild, so that helps a bunch too.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    The 6star grind is a bit annoying but gear is more important.

Sure, but in order to get top of the line gear I need to do high-end labyrinth and hunts, which my guys aren't strong enough to do yet, so I feel I'm stuck in a recursive loop. I've stopped summoning and been focusing on farming, but that's not exactly engaging. The new changes to farming catalysts are welcome, but it's still pretty mind-numbing.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Man, I know it'd be inefficient long term, but I'm so close to that delicious fixed lifesteal set and I really want to just buy abyss tickets to get it. I can slap that on Ravi or Cermia and have a farming terror.

Also, when does a new banner happen? I'm summoning 1-2 per day in addition to the free summon, but kinda want to save up all these crystals I have for a banner with a good AoE damage dealer at the top.

I ate an engineer
    Should be as soon as Cermia is done so tomorrow.

Man, I know it'd be inefficient long term, but I'm so close to that delicious fixed lifesteal set and I really want to just buy abyss tickets to get it. I can slap that on Ravi or Cermia and have a farming terror.

Also, when does a new banner happen? I'm summoning 1-2 per day in addition to the free summon, but kinda want to save up all these crystals I have for a banner with a good AoE damage dealer at the top.

The abyss life steal sets are real good.

@Romantic Undead yea there's this one point when you're not geared up enough to get certain gear, but also don't have the 6 stars and it gets frustrating. I remember being there.

The best way out is to get some middlin quality gear and +15 it. That'll be enough to get you to Hunt 10s, which you can farm for better stuff. Focus on 4 people who can complete some Hunt 10, and then get some decent statted stuff from it to +15.

Gear gets an extra boost from +14 to +15 and it matters.

You may be able to do the raid earlier than you think as well. Try it every so often.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh. I see why Sez is considered good. Good god that's a lot of damage.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12

It's good but definitely not worth unless you've got resources to upgrade it immediately. Even then I wouldn't rush unless it's like the difference in being able to clear raid or something.

Also man I can't imagine doing more than three abyss fights in a day. I always did one or two max then would take a break for a couple days

Also man I can't imagine doing more than three abyss fights in a day. I always did one or two max then would take a break for a couple days

Yea they're long.

I'm super stuck on Abyss 81 though. I don't know what to do against dem Schuris.

I have some ideas on how i'd revamp the team, maybe can come up with something.

Patch Notes are up. Next Banner is a double existing character one. Krau and Tenebria. Which is ok I would like Tenebria. Side Adventure for Krau.

Krau is a good boy and a solid fucking rock of a tank. He's a big beefy man.

Tenebria is good for giving you a defense break option (which is important), and if you're big into PvP she can hold the Tagehel Ancient Book ( https://epicsevendb.com/artifact/tagehels-ancient-book )

As always, run the event for enough currency to buy out the Epic Catalyst at minimum.

Preferably buy out everything but runes. The runes are not stamina efficient if you can farm altar 3 (for little runes) and altar 10 (for medium/big).

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I have Tenebria already so I guess I'll start hoarding.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Did a few pulls and got me a Tenebria and the book, so woo I suppose.

Anyone get anything fun?

Seven summons, a bunch of 3* repeats and a Kal'adra. Meh meh meh

I ate an engineer
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    are there like particularly better banners like festivals and stuff i should be waiting for.

i have mostly just been struggling through the story at this point.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    are there like particularly better banners like festivals and stuff i should be waiting for.

Next banner is a collab with some other media property that has not been revealed.

If you've pulled like 30 times at least you probably have a solid team available and just need to gear it and level it.

For story, just use a high level friend. If you friend me you have plenty of options to drag you through stuff.

My ign is Milski btw

I ate an engineer
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Next banner is a collab with some other media property that has not been revealed.

If you've pulled like 30 times at least you probably have a solid team available and just need to gear it and level it.

For story, just use a high level friend. If you friend me you have plenty of options to drag you through stuff.

Haven’t done anything except the free pull. I did the selective summon and stopped at Angelica because that’s what the guides said.

aeNqQM9.jpg