As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    This expansion has already shown off quite a bit of counter tech cards that can be slotted in to deal with the meta. Most decks can afford 1-2 tech cards as needed. Archivist is just anti-bomb/blood/fatigue.

Yep. Plus, Blizzard has that new tournament format where you play a deck and then two variations of that deck for a pseudo-sideboard. It feels like they're making a lot of cards for that format.

I also kinda wonder if the tournament mode was intended to use that format. Cards from this set would have been developed while tournament mode was still being worked on.

I hope they add that kind of tournament mode (or some kind of best of 3 with sideboard option) as a game mode, if they're going to be printing a bunch of cards like that.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    The Judge wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Surely the way to counter heal druid is to never attack their face

I suppose they can just hero power your minions tho

Play 1-attack minions.

I have a Mr. Mossy Horror on line 2 - shall I tell him you're in a meeting?

Sadly he'll be on extended medical leave after this week.

Mossy is a Witchwood card.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    mmoeda08uvp21.png

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    New Cards

First up, Exotic Mountseller
    Rx1YjH2.png
    Neutral Rare
    7 Mana
    5/8
    Whenever you cast a spell, summon a random 3-Cost Beast.

Woah! Legendary! The Boom Reaver
    wMkgszz.png
    Warrior Legendary
    10 Mana
    7/9 Mech
    Battlecry: Summon a copy of a minion in your deck.
    Give it Rush.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »

8o1wgqxqmw24.png

ehhhh

this seems like a card they came up with to counter togwaggle, but togwaggle's not in standard anymore

i'm not sure what the point is?

Aside from allowing Control to beat Control in fatigue. It clears your deck of any opponent placed cards. So it will clear the new bomb mechanic. Also corrupted blood.

Also lets rogue myras for draw and then go back to a 10 card deck

• Options
    How is Big Warrior looking without DMH and Woecleaver? @Shadowhope

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    The Judge wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Surely the way to counter heal druid is to never attack their face

I suppose they can just hero power your minions tho

Play 1-attack minions.

I have a Mr. Mossy Horror on line 2 - shall I tell him you're in a meeting?

Sadly he'll be on extended medical leave after this week.

Mossy is a Witchwood card.

D'oh, for some reason I thought Witchwood was rotating.

Wait so for Barista, it's only the battlecry minions you have on board, right?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Exotic Mountseller Pulls (On Average a 3/3)

Below Average
    Ironbeak Owl (2/1)
    Messenger Raven (3/2)
    Silverback Patriach (1/4 Taunt)

Average
    Blink Fox (3/3)
    Duskbat (2/4)
    Emperor Cobra (2/3 Poisonous)
    Ironfur Grizzly (3/3 Taunt)
    Jungle Panther (4/2 Stealth)

Above Average
    Augmented Elekk (3/4 + Effect)
    King Mukla (5/5)
    Nightmare Amalgam (3/4)
    Ornery Tortoise (3/5)

I put Emp. Cobra in Average since although it has below average stats it can trade up with any late-game minion. Might even be Above Average, really.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Barista seems pretty busted. Exotic is decent considering the stats with a soft taunt ability for Hunter. Boom Reaver seems too slow? I honestly don't know.

• Options

Exotic would be really good in Rogue, as well.

Token Rogue new meta.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    mmoeda08uvp21.png

And remember, Barista Lynchen isn’t into you or your minions, she’s just doing her job. Don’t ask her out. You hear me @MMMig?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    How is Big Warrior looking without DMH and Woecleaver? Shadowhope

Probably curled into the fetal position, but there's some hope. You lose an uncomfortable amount of early game defense and armor gain, and without Dead Man's Hand Hakkar probably becomes a bad inclusion. Woecleaver is sort of made-up for via the Boom Reaver and Dimensional Ripper. They're a little slower, but have more immediate effect. That isn't always a good thing - I'd often equip Woecleaver and hold in the face of a Doomsayer or while expecting a board clear - but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

My tentative list but definitely not final list is something like this:

Improve Morale × 2
    Omega Assembly × 2
    Shield Slam × 2
    Dragon Roar × 2
    Execute × 2
    Heroic Strike × 2
    Slam × 2
    Warpath × 2
    Shield Block × 2
    Brawl × 2
    Supercollider × 2
    Dr. Boom, Mad Genius × 1
    The Boomship × 1
    Ysera × 1
    Big Bad Archmage × 2
    Dimensional Ripper × 2
    The Boom Reaver × 1

Dragon Roar is probably the first thing there to be cut, probably followed by Omega Assembly, but the question is what the heck can you replace them with? Whirlwind and Devastate are probably the best options, but Whirlwind is pretty weak and Devastate can be very problematic for this deck to activate. Another problem is that without DMH, your total threat inventory against Control decks is halved, and then without Hakkar you lose inevitability. Losing 3 to 4 armor gain cards hurts Shield Slam, but I don't think that the Warrior scheme is worth including - you tend to need armor in turns 1-7 in order to stabilize, and the Warrior scheme is weak in that time frame even if drawn T1.

Most critically, as you can see, I need way more big threats in there. Hellscream is obviously an option, but with the Warrior DK and Blood Razor rotating you have dramatically fewer ways to activate him. Hakkar is another obvious option, but again, no DMS support. Bull Dozer and Amini War Bear are options, but they're not exactly game-winning bombs. Probably the saddest statement I can make about the deck is that Gruul might be one of the most viable options.

Now, with all of that said, here's the thing I'm thinking: a Spiteful Summoner deck using Dimensional Ripper and the Boomship might be viable in Wild. Built around a control minion core it could work. You could use Rush/Charge minions as early game board control, midrange Dragons and cards like Smoulderthorn Lancer and Firetree Witchdoctor, control mechs like Eternium Rover and Dyn-o-matic, or some combination thereof. Keleseth is another option. Throw in a big bad top end with the Lich King and Ysera and Ragnaros and you might have something.

Then again, being able to get a 10-drop on turn 6 is pretty slow and weak for Wild, so who knows.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I definitely wouldn't play Big Warrior over Big Priest or Big Rogue in Wild.

E: That's not what you said, oops. Yeah there are just better midrange options all around in Wild. Shaman is still there if you want to play some 4 drops with burn and Even/Cubelock have crazy highroll potential.

Yilias on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Feeling like Steal Rogue and Heal Druid are gonna be my first go-arounds this time. Maybe Aggro Shaman to steal some wins during the first week.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Been having a blast with Tesspionage Rogue.

The games are always wacky in unexpected ways and matchups vs. control decks are pretty damn good. Aggressive decks less so, but they're over faster.

It's not the most effective deck, but at least it's fun and not boring.

Especially when you manage to get a Blackguard against Paladins. Combined with the spectral cutlass that is soooooome bullshit. In the best way though.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I’ll probably craft the second Spectral Cutless im missing to make steal Rogue work at peak efficiency.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Updated thread title to reflect the final stream going down tomorrow. Get ready!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did we know that we get vargoth on the 5th?I guess we can bow to our new priest overlords for the last few days of this meta?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Kripp just announced a new Mage card, Conjurer's Calling - 3 mana, Twinspell, destroy a minion and summon 2 minions of the same cost to replace it.

(twinspell adds a copy of the spell to your hand after you cast it, with twinspell removed)

It sounds astoundingly broken.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    better sacrifice tool than warlock gets lmaoooooooooooooooooooo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Kripp just announced a new Mage card, Conjurer's Calling - 3 mana, Twinspell, destroy a minion and summon 2 minions of the same cost to replace it.

(twinspell adds a copy of the spell to your hand after you cast it, with twinspell removed)

It sounds astoundingly broken.

"Oh good, Cube's rotating finally."

"Don't worry guys, we gave Mage a cheaper version of Cube that doesn't need to be procced! WE'RE HELPING"

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Oh no

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    i mean "2 minions of the same cost" are probably not going to be as good as the minion you had in your deck, and there'll be no synergy. it's great after trading. i see it as an arena dream card more than anything

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    It will be a good reroll card when your other summon spell wiffs

• Options
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i mean a "2 minions of the same cost" are probably not going to be as good as the minion you had in your deck, and there'll be no synergy. it's great after trading. i see it as an arena dream card more than anything

True, but you could go the dream of good battlecry card -> 2 good deathrattle cards.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    holy SHIT i did it i fuckin' did it

the marin treasure into gonk OTK

https://hsreplay.net/replay/g25Tu58AsZXkc86d75EmAD

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    works with khadgar

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I forgot that early days of a new month ladder at rank 10 is basically either random exploratory/gimmick decks or getting blown out by perfect nut draw meta decks turn 6.

I’m getting nowhere fast right now. I do really wish the people who have lethal in hand would just start their turns by playing the enabling cards out so I can just concede instead of watching them play a bunch of discover effects. Like yeah dude with a cube that has 2 charged devilsaurs, if you have a activator, just play that shit instead of both stitched trackers first. Stop wasting both our time.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Did we know that we get vargoth on the 5th?I guess we can bow to our new priest overlords for the last few days of this meta?
    I don't think we knew quite all the details. They did announce a little while ago that we'd be getting a card before the expansion like with Marin and the Volcanosaur. And then I saw something after the Vargoth reveal saying that everyone would get Vargoth for free.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    thinking about a dragon paladin since i need paladin wins (if, hypothetically, i'm back. depends on acorn man:)

QnwLURQ.png

maybe needs the legendary minion that swaps health for armour for synergy with nozari? also, did i see a spell that nerfs all minions to 1/1s?

it's this or a meme deck with the prismatic thingy, secrets and big boys

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Back to 5. Thank you for conceding on turn 4 after secretkeeper coin secret Mr. Warlock

Time to theorycraft some decks I think

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Shrink ray is the spell you’re talking about.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Back to 5. Thank you for conceding on turn 4 after secretkeeper coin secret Mr. Warlock

Time to theorycraft some decks I think
    Why can't I get rank 6 opponents like that?? All mine are like bums fighting over a warm meal.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Are you the warm meal in this analogy or what?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    I’ll probably craft the second Spectral Cutless im missing to make steal Rogue not work at peak efficiency.
    Fixed that for you.

• Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    Are you the warm meal in this analogy or what?
    Rank 5 and the golden epic are the warm meal.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Conjurer's Calling
    Class: Mage
    Card type: Spell
    Rarity: Rare
    Mana cost: 3
    Card Text: Twinspell. Destroy a minion. Summon 2 minions of the same Cost to replace it.

I want to drop Sylvannas Windrunner and play this on her. It can also potentially turn Mage minions with strong battlecry effects and low stats into piles of stats.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    wait wait wait

Destroy a minion, or Destroy a *friendly* minion?

Using it on an opponent's minion would be a hell of a gamble, but if it was something like a Paladin minion with a pile of buffs on it...

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    wait wait wait

Destroy a minion, or Destroy a *friendly* minion?

Using it on an opponent's minion would be a hell of a gamble, but if it was something like a Paladin minion with a pile of buffs on it...

Or a well fed Hyena.

Especially hilarious if you kill an opponent's minions and a Doomsayer pops out.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    So I got Quest Druid to Rank 9 last month
    hit a wall there and didn't care enough to try hard the last day

Right now I'm having a lot of fun (and success) with Quest Warlock.

This card is doing WORK. I'm considering putting 2 in the deck.... 12/15 starts for 5 mana? YES PLEASE.
    636688330034126419.png

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra