As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Plex folder structure/season naming

ReznikReznik Registered User regular
Hi, I'm trying to add a show to my Plex library. Every season is in its own subfolder under the main show folder. All is well with the standard seasons, but the show also has several specials that aren't a part of any season.

I have all the specials in a separate folder. But Plex doesn't detect that automatically - it actually gets screwed up and thinks the Special episodes are actually episodes from season 1. Is there any way I can manually add them to my library under this separate designation? Any time I re-scan the library files, it just assigns them to the season 1 episodes again, so then it thinks there are 2 files for s1e1 for example.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
Forget it...

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The first thing I check when Plex is being wonky is what database you're using, tvdb.com or whatever.

Then go to that website and check their listing for that show. It should show how it recognizes each episode. Specials are usually listed as S0, but maybe this show is doing something else. Anyway, rename the specials to match how the database has it and rescan and it should work.

Hopefully. Though if through this you find a way to get Plex to register manual changes let me know.

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I believe there standard naming convention is for the folder to be Season 0, and then episodes titled [Title] S00E01.mp4 (or whatever extension.). That said it can still be flaky scraping metadata.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Season 0 worked. Thanks!

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    One other thing with Plex to be aware of is if the order the series was aired in is different to the DVD order this can screw things up as by default TBDB will default to aired order. (Firefly springs to mind). There is a plugin agent that will allow you to change this in the scan settings on a series by series basis.