As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    MLB'ing Wolves so you have one 100% copy for double damage then filling the rest of the slots with shop or gacha CE's is the best way to go about things.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Sounds good. Cheers.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Wait, no, don't MLB Wolves. You want the full 5 copies for +250% damage for the Challenge Quest...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Challenge quests are for people who are good at this game!

Spectrum wrote: »
    Wait, no, don't MLB Wolves. You want the full 5 copies for +250% damage for the Challenge Quest...

I remember seeing that there's diminishing returns on multiple copies

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

In that going from +50 to +100 is less an increase than 0 to +50, as a percent of your damage? Yeah.

The challenge quest is a good point... but we get that as soon as the current bar drops, right? I can go in with nonsense damage and then MLB for point farming?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

The diminishing returns is that the first copy effectively boosts your damage by +50%, the next by +33%, +25%, +20%, +16%... It's additive in a game where the meta is multiplicative.

While getting +250% damage sounds fantastic, it's slightly less so when you realize that if you swap out that last copy for your MLB Sumo you have +245% and also the 50% starting NP gauge and also probably more than +1.4% base ATK from an actually levelled CE. Or a +25% 5* card type CE, in which case it's +275% damage and also NP/stargen.

It's a bit more complex than that, of course. The event bonuses stack linearly and the base CE has an effect too, so Nobu's got +386% (including +8% Buster from the CE) vs. +400% with the +25% CE. If you go for NP strats that opens up a +40% NP Strength Heaven's Feel, so +460% on the NP. (The numbers are a bit lower with Okita, who is the event servant you'd actually want to use here, but the point stands.)

If you plan on using one specific offensive Servant rather than your whole team, this has some value. The rest of your team will be a bit weaker, but it's the same logic that you'd see in the raid events (just without the extra CE that gives +100% to the one carrying it).

Personally I probably won't be using too many of them, though, since I plan on running Gorgon Sister Charmlock and I think NP gen is probably going to be more important for long-term survival. I'll still get +150% from backline CEs, though. Maybe I'll MLB one and run Bond CE Herc as well?

edited April 2019
    Beat the challenge quest in one go. Okita/Waver/Merlin front line. +300% total damage on Okita. She destroyed him, I think I did like 800k to his third bar for instance in one turn with an NP brave chain.

Polaritie on
    Ok I didn't much care for Hijikata until I saw a friend version of him do his NP. Won't pull for him, but he's cool in my book.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Challenge quest is fairly easy this time around

Even with both of my taunt/evaders getting one turned, I was able to kill him off with Medb+support Merlin

Long live Queen Medb, death to cheese

You want +250 available because even if there are diminishing returns on adding Special Attack modifiers, it's not like you really have -other- options for putting more damage on your real main damage dealer. It lets you just grab a support Herc with Bond CE and trololol. If you're fielding your own DPSer, then you sub that person's CE out for whatever you feel is most appropriate and you're fine.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Do we have to unlock the final farming node for points (the one for both sides) or is it not available yet?

...Not that it matters much the current nodes are amazing for event drops.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Have you done both the new Oda and Shinsengumi missions? I assumed you had to do all of them to unlock Westernization. But I've only done the Shinsengumi nodes so far, so I can't be sure

I've only finished the Oda side so far, working my way down the list basically. I'm assuming that's it but was wondering if someone knew how it worked in the JP version.

edited April 2019
    You want +250 available because even if there are diminishing returns on adding Special Attack modifiers, it's not like you really have -other- options for putting more damage on your real main damage dealer. It lets you just grab a support Herc with Bond CE and trololol. If you're fielding your own DPSer, then you sub that person's CE out for whatever you feel is most appropriate and you're fine.

My level 100 Joint Recital on Jalter disagrees.

Edit: Hoo boy, yeah 1.69M NP hit. Poor Mayo.

Madican on
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Okay, I have roughly 550k for one side and 565k for another - playing optimally with my 4 / 5 Fortess of the Sun equipped, should I be able to max both factions with natural AP before the end of event? Of course, I have 35 golden and 9 silver apples left (with 2 golden and 4 silver still available to get for points), but I would like to know how much should I spend.

Also, I managed to max out my first Servant skill to 10, which is Helena's Mana Tuning. That ate a lot of QP...

Asthariel on
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Also, I managed to max out my first Servant skill to 10, which is Helena's Mana Tuning. That ate a lot of QP...

Good choice. Having that skill at 10 allows her to do a surprisingly good job of filling Waver's shoes, at least for offensive support.

QP is an eternal struggle once you get into raising skill levels. 5* servants use up twice as much QP for skill upgrades than 4* ones. There's a reason why people value the Mona Lisa CE so highly, and forming a party that can quickly 3-turn the QP daily is crucial.

Polaritie wrote: »
    I've only finished the Oda side so far, working my way down the list basically. I'm assuming that's it but was wondering if someone knew how it worked in the JP version.

Just checked- the mixed points node is available as soon as you clear both sides' clean-up mission

My level 100 Joint Recital on Jalter disagrees.

Edit: Hoo boy, yeah 1.69M NP hit. Poor Mayo.
    Can you even read?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Hehe, Tawara is named "Eat Rice" in one of these epilogue quests.

CQ done.

Break bars? Pfft.

7gvi5tmh.png

Ain't no brakes on the Jalter train.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Short trailer for Babylonia went up a week ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIZN34WMi5E

The important part is October 2019.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Which missions should I farm for each event item?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Hatamoto/Roushi for coins, Taishou/Taishi for dust, Daimyou/Resshi for koban.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited April 2019
    Skeith wrote: »

Awesome, thank you. Time to get to farming.

I forgot, should I combine any of the event CEs? I still need to farm the faction points too. I'm at 337k for blue and 317k for red.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

edited April 2019
    Stragint wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

Awesome, thank you. Time to get to farming.

I forgot, should I combine any of the event CEs? I still need to farm the faction points too. I'm at 337k for blue and 317k for red.

MLB Wolves of Mibu after clearing the challenge quest, keep the palace one separate for more points, imo.

600k of each to get maximum Chacha, and then there's good stuff on the way to 1mil each (the 700k tickets in particular)

Polaritie on
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I've got 783k points for Okita Team and 719k for Nobu Team. Looks like I will be able to clear all point rewards with just natural AP and silver apples before the end of this event.

I maxed level of Medusa and gave her Fous, when I have time to farm some exp I will propably grail her and get her to the 80 level, just because she is cool.

1m/1m and down to bronzes for XP, which I should be able to finish out on Natural AP

Farmed moderately hard last weekend and farmed again this weekend

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Doing the mission that gives points for both factions is rough. I don't have a strong offensive caster.

I have Helena, Nitocris, and Eli Caster for offensive casters and I'm not sure which to level.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Personally I'm letting Okita and Nobu wear down MHX, but that's only possible because I have Okita.

However, note that since most of the enemies are Berserkers then Berserkers are less vulnerable. Try bringing out Lu Bu.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, when I was running that one before I experimented with support options until just bringing a Berserker.

uyvfOQy.png
    The only leveled berserkers I have are a 90/90 Tamamo Cat and 80/80 Hercules, both max fous, 70/80 Raikou max fou, and 60/70 Lancelot max fou.

I tried running my Okita, Nobu, and Hercules but the second wave with the big boar pretty much remove Hercules from the fight.

I have a 26/80 Wolves CE that I'm using and everyone else has a fortress equipped.

You might have more luck just doing the final nodes of each side and alternating them. I think they're not much lower in points per run, you just have to balance them out.

Polaritie wrote: »
    You might have more luck just doing the final nodes of each side and alternating them. I think they're not much lower in points per run, you just have to balance them out.

Yea, I think that is what I'm gonna do. I still need to farm stuff for the event store as well.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Finally did the challenge quest. Not sure why I waited this long to do it.
    /laughs in NP4 Artemis

Tri-star Amore Mio took out his third health bar on it's own. Dude got Bear Nuked from orbit.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Calling it a "challenge" quest feels a little off this time around. But I suppose I'm alright with some event challenge quests not being all that brutal.

Calling it a "challenge" quest feels a little off this time around. But I suppose I'm alright with some event challenge quests not being all that brutal.

Well, you probably have to build your team specifically to take him out. He's a puzzle and test of what you know (and have built up). But no, not particularly hard.

https://youtu.be/uGj-nHHJFGo

Well, here it comes

Pray for me, the Sakuraface Hater, in this difficult time

Meanwhile I have a friend who has all of the Sakuras on his JP account at at least NP2, recently getting Kama to NP5.

I'm not that much of a fan, but I will be rolling for Melt and Lip here. I think the only plans I have for this year are for this event and summer.

Looking forward to BB so I can see what her deal is firsthand without having to watch a YouTube let's play, even if it does have Gilgamesh. I've already reserved two Grails for her.

The Alter Egos, meh. Maybe when they get their buff in two years but I'd rather get Okita Alter