As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    really beginning to enjoy the league now ive messed around with it a bit (still havent completed act 10 on any character heh heh heh)

just had a unique arcanist box in a collapsing memory and the inception music played in my head

EDIT: got a divine and an annul from it too thank u pirate wife

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    what do people think of the price on this jewel that just dropped?

14% fire damage
    5% attack speed
    5% life
    12% area damage

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Got two 6l chests last night, which had me super excited, as I can sell both for 10c, which almost doubled my pool, and then just finishing for the night got an exalt!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    That's a 4 prop jewel for a conc path or ms build, I'd try 2ex to start and go down from there after a couple of days.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I am very bad at pricing things

I generally stick whatever up for 1 alch or 1c and then if it doesn't sell in a week vendor it

I'm sure i'm simultaneously throwing up unsaleable trash for way too much and stuff that could go for several dozen times more for a pittance

edit: this is why I used to only play SSF

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

I generally stick whatever up for 1 alch or 1c and then if it doesn't sell in a week vendor it

I'm sure i'm simultaneously throwing up unsaleable trash for way too much and stuff that could go for several dozen times more for a pittance

Unless stuff looks super amazing, I tend to list it between 1alch and 1c. Even if its way undercosted, I'm not going to be able to figure out the right pricing, and I'd rather get that 1alch rather than a bunch of alteration shards.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    what do people think of the price on this jewel that just dropped?

14% fire damage
    5% attack speed
    5% life
    12% area damage

http://poe.trade/search/ubarusiatoniya

1-2 ex

i may buy it off you

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

i do dump tab pricing

have 3 tabs, 10 c 20 c 30c

dump random stuff in em, lower the entire tabs price as days pass

if not selling, vendor

generally trading for under 1-3c is bad as you can find 1-3c in the amount of time it takes to trade

but yknow thats me being a crazy efficient person

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    so i was rummaging through my less used stash tabs today and I found these:

99x1634l0xi9.png

my thoughts, in order: "man these boots are pretty good. When did I make them? The ES roll is trash but it's a decent base and a movespeed implicit, probably worth something. Plus it has all that movespeed. Wait, and some pretty good resists! I could probably make an ex off these. Hold on a second... why am I not using these boots myself RIGHT NOW? I'm running shavronne's pace ffs these are way better."

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Griswold wrote: »
    Between the Purity of Ice enchant on my Alpha's Howl and picking up a 1% reduced mana reserved jewel at level 88, I was able to squeeze an 8th aura into my Occultist support setup -- Determination, since I'm running with two melees who both have a decent amount of armor, and who wouldn't benefit from Discipline due to Blood Rage. I opted not to run Hatred since their builds either already use it or use Avatar of Fire, and I figured the marginal upgrade there was less valuable than either providing a brand new aura, or more survivability.

I'm now at 8+1 auras and 4 curses applied via Bane:

Anger, Wrath, Grace, (Vaal) Haste, Determination (Generosity'ed via Victario's Influence)
    Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning (level 21 corrupted gems, +2 from Alpha's Howl for 8% max res)

Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Elemental Weakness, Assassin's Mark. Assassin's Mark can be a flex slot for Flammability/Frostbite/Conductivity/Despair, and Temp Chains can be swapped for Poacher's Mark or Projectile Weakness on a boss if appropriate.

The character has all the curse and aura effectiveness available on the tree, as well as the curse effectiveness, hexproof-proof-ness, and Malevolence debuff of Occultist. And then the thing I'm most proud of: we reserve 0% of our life pool, and are fully life-based with 5k life, ~50% chaos resist, and three defensive flasks for physical avoidance/mitigation (on top of the active mitigation from applying curses). We also have ~500 energy shield as a small additional buffer against burst damage.

It's technically possible for me to squeeze Discipline into the build; all it would take is (ahem) divining my amulet from 4% -> 5% reduced mana reserved, going from a 5L -> 6L Victario's Influence, picking up two corrupted level 4 Enlightens, and acquiring multiple unique jewels corrupted for 1% reduced mana reserved.

You should add in a Blood Magic-Clarity. It will only reserve about 350 life or so at level 20.

Unfortunately I only have (had) one socket available. I was able to stuff a level 2 Clarity in there and still have enough mana to function without issue, and if I invest more currency in mana reservation reduction (level 4 Enlightens etc) I can continue to level that up.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    Why is it so hard to sell a damn exalt?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Brody wrote: »

I end up going through a few people until I find the ol dependable Russian bot buyer

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I resolved the stupid problem I was having with the Elder fight; namely, keeping the Shaper alive, even with my manual cast Frost Wall.

Swap out Wither on my totems with Frost Wall. 3 Totems worth of ice wall everywhere was sufficient.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

List yours for sale for X chaos instead of trying to buy X chaos; people will come to you

• Options
    MS jugg is up and running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNLGAz-4RhM

i think im 3/3 for profitable uber labs

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Hahaha, that fucking video.

Ice Shot? the hell is he talking about? oh, Death's Door, wow AND A PUTRID BRLLWFJKJ

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    ukqmsi91eye7.png

got this for 1c little did he realise... he was enabling... the Build

EDIT: some other clues:

kzopaq2dte63.png

83% max lightning resistance

soul of arakaali

purity of lightning watchers. doryanis boots

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Is there a good rule of thumb for how much ES/Evasion each piece of gear can reasonably have on it?

• Options
    Is there a good rule of thumb for how much ES/Evasion each piece of gear can reasonably have on it?

You just have to know the bases and the potential explicit rolls

Armour and evasion are roughly at parity, raw numbers wise

ES is not even remotely similar in how it scales tho so it’s p hard to get a good handle on what makes a good amount from first principles.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ukqmsi91eye7.png

kzopaq2dte63.png

soul of arakaali

the new herald rings are so fucking busted

the purity ones gives like 40 flat phys.....

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    ukqmsi91eye7.png

kzopaq2dte63.png

soul of arakaali

the new herald rings are so fucking busted

the purity ones gives like 40 flat phys.....

break all the faces

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    imagine doing facebreaker when doryanis fist exists... disgraceful.............

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

There's theoretical maximums. However, ES is kind of it's own thing as it's not 1:1 with life and generally you give up a lot of armor/eva for it and opt for damage reduction and block.

• Options
    Yeah, I've just been trying to find a decent pair of gloves/ chest piece that aren't all of my chaos. Although I guess I can always earn more after spending it.

• Options
    Yeah, I've just been trying to find a decent pair of gloves/ chest piece that aren't all of my chaos. Although I guess I can always earn more after spending it.

Search for the ancillary stats you want, cap the results at 5c or whatever, then sort by ES

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Okay it's been years since I picked this up. Gonna try getting back into the game.

I kinda wanna have a Lich King that just sort of passively chills/freezes everyone in an aura around them. Arctic Armor + Blasphemy Temporal Chains?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Dac wrote: »
    Okay it's been years since I picked this up. Gonna try getting back into the game.

I kinda wanna have a Lich King that just sort of passively chills/freezes everyone in an aura around them. Arctic Armor + Blasphemy Temporal Chains?

occultist. take the aoe cold resistance penetration ascendancy + the "every monster around you is frozen every 3 seconds" + blasphemy temp chains

then just run arctic breath / cold snap / frost wall / ice nova and ur a big frooze. get all the chill effect freeze duration freeze chance and cold nodes

b i g f r o o z e

also there are some unique items you could grab too depending on how meme you wanna go

you could run the sceptre "singularity" so that everybody around you is constantly hindered or you could take the "everybody around you is withered" part of occultist too for another random aoe slow

u could use the gorgons gaze hat to get a petrification statue for another slow boi

if u used the eternity shroud body armour when u get hit u spawn a time slow bubble that would slow people even more

then u could get a source of maim from something for bonus spaghetti

then you could run aspect of spider boots and gloves so everybody around you is constantly getting webbed and slowed down and covered in spider goo

ok thats pretty slow. could get a source of tar eg the Whakatutuki o Matua which means every time you block you drop a tar field of even more fiesta 50% aoe slow. now thats some spaghetti

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    i know i keep making these posts so if they are annoying let me know

but today has been very profitable
    wanted to try out the juggs bossing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TfJAlYM64

everyone misprices items sometimes... heres me tossing a random shaped sceptre into a 3.5c dump tab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLixGAvVdI

turns out.. the base is 6-10 ex

sometimes you forget what your lvling in your off hands (warning sound claps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OThaWzz5iE

and sometimes it rewards you

and the finale

i like to have a daily exalt count, basically play enough in 1 day to get a raw exalt in currency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9uVd798GUM

ggg has been kind today

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Rius wrote: »

Search for the ancillary stats you want, cap the results at 5c or whatever, then sort by ES

Part of the issue is I'm not sure what sort of ancillary stats to look for. Additional ES is pretty much always there on high ES items, and I don't need life, so if my resists are fine I'm not sure what else to look for. Although right now I don't need additional damage really, so I don't know.

Edit: I guess ES leach?

Brody on

• Options

Shaped Opal Sceptre yeah that'll do it

• Options

are low level shaped/elder bases worth anything whatsoever? I've got a bunch hanging around from memory mods

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

are low level shaped/elder bases worth anything whatsoever? I've got a bunch hanging around from memory mods

generally not

https://poe.ninja/challenge/base-types

but you can turn low lvl ones into the exalt shard recipe!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

generally not

yeah i've got a shaped opal wand hanging about but it's only ilvl 69

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Opal Scepters are money because of the high implicit and low stat requirement

• Options
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Doryani's Fist and Divine Ire sound like a good combo hm. Stack phys damage for the conversion and shock effects maybe. Armor/ES/Life with MoM, or Max Block Tempest Shield? Doryani's spell damage on Tempest would be nice.

MAGIC THUNDERPUNCHING.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

generally not

yeah i've got a shaped opal wand hanging about but it's only ilvl 69

Caster bases don't care as much about ilvl. Yeah you can get better rolls but the difference between 80% increased damage and 100% increased isn't all that much since it's just another global modifier. Flat damage increases are very situational too, with DoT damage ignoring them, elemental conversion preferring one over another on any given build, and EE making certain elements just bad to have in some cases.

Attack weapons are a different story, where every point of increased local damage on a weapon is then scaled by your global increased and more multipliers. Damage is basically three dimensional (base x sum of increased x product of more multipliers) and increases to base damage are generally strong, hence abyss jewels being OP. On spells the majority of your base damage comes from your spell gem levels.

Also, the main value of Shaper and Elder bases is in their ability to roll their respective mods. Those sort of scale with level (on Elder helms the difference between a level 16 Immolate support and a level 20 is significant, but for Concentrated Effect not so much) but in general each Shaper mod on your weapon is one less mod you need to worry about what ilvl you have. As long as 69 is enough to roll good Shaper mods (i can't check poedb until tonight) that should be a decent base. Maybe not super valuable, but I'd chuck a few chaos at it just to see what happens.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    aq02Tht.jpg?1

Thanks GGG, but I'll pass on this one.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Doryani's Fist and Divine Ire sound like a good combo hm. Stack phys damage for the conversion and shock effects maybe. Armor/ES/Life with MoM, or Max Block Tempest Shield? Doryani's spell damage on Tempest would be nice.

MAGIC THUNDERPUNCHING.

there are a few doryanis fist memes

one of my fave is dual cotb ele hit cold (so you fist at 3000 cold damage per second) elementalist - you gain the 30% more damage from all 3 ailments with conflux, lose nothing in shock effect from the conversion because conflux, and you have base about 69k lightning damage, and OBVIOUSLY u go rigwalds curse. the doryanis touch itself has monster damage effect (600%) and can be used as a meme ignite too

for straight casting its a bit less obvious because broadly if you want to go eg divine ire ur laundering ur phys through it, so... disintegrator is just better in every conceivable situation always because its fuckin disintegrator

however you could do some kind of mutant smite + wrath/zealotry + innervate + esh mirror straight lightning spell build to build the phatty base, double free more multipliers from wrath + zealotry, es regen + lightning damage from shock kills etc. all that flat lightning from smite innervate esh wrath and doryani is then laundered through the ground pound so all you need is a couple accuracy nodes and a tempered mind / transcendent mind (mass es regen but also huge flat accuracy) to not have problems with hit chance. one possible choice for that could be inquisitor to get the "on attack on cast" bonuses up at all times, get the bonuses for crit, elemental, consecrated ground (from the zealotry spam) etc. if ur lazy just go lyco

doryanis fist good fedora

also obligatory doryanis fist build:

https://youtu.be/4uoMe_gmgkw

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    mathil also did doryianis end game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY7BgZV3sWY

J3qcnBP.png