As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] Rhapsody of Blood - Faded Glory (1 Bloodline Remains)

123457»

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The trap is technically it's own "Horde" and as such must be avoided or defeated.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Thanks!

Peter moved in to help Rachel as she had fallen into the pit. She attempted to free herself unsuccessfully, so the Medic searched the room for a means to free her from the trap. They needed to keep moving, but she also likely needed additional medical attention.

Results/Questions:
    • What here is valuable?
    • What should I be on the lookout for (to get Rachel out of the pit)?
    • Which exit will take me to my goal?

Geth, roll 2d6+1 for See Clear (find a rope!)

See Clear (find a rope!):
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=4, 6]

AustinP0027 on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    So I'm at Blood 1 now , I think. I'll go +1 to Sulphur.

Can I have a rope in with my survivalist gear? Though a bit late to ask now

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    So I'm at Blood 1 now , I think. I'll go +1 to Sulphur.

Can I have a rope in with my survivalist gear? Though a bit late to ask now
    Not sure.
    @Matev was the corruption from the outcome of Egos bonded move failing, which was prevented by the Medic's healing, or was it a second corruption because of the miss?

Rachel might have also considered facing the horde the spike pit, but she didn't think she could weild her rifle at the spikes while hanging on.
    Potentially she might have been able to jump the pit with her half-damned legs, but her Mercury sucks, and I don't think she could react in time.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I mean, I'd roll Face the Horde here if needed but the absurdity of saving Rachel from a spike pit by throwing a molotov cocktail into it is a little too much.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Peter is able to locate several tapestries which could be lashed together as a makeshift rope to extricate Rachel. As this way has a large pit, the other passage the guards emerged from is likely the best exit at this point.
    Zalan took extra corruption because of the miss

Hail Hydra
    Peter wastes no time in tearing down the tapestries, quickly tying them together tightly, and then lowering them down to Rachel. He looks at the other two as he steadies himself "Grab this end."

The tapestry now hangs into the pit in front of Rachel, and a voice from about yells down "Grab on!"

Rachel can make a Flow Like Water at advantage

Hail Hydra
    Rachel tugs gingerly on the makeshift rope.
    "Hoi", she yells up at the team, "I hope you're all holding onto this thing".
    Slowly she ties the rope around herself, trying to avoid all the burgeoning bruises.

"Okay, slowly does it"

Geth roll 3d6-1 for the pit is my home now

the pit is my home now:
    3d6-1 14 [3d6=4, 6, 5]

Hey, it's a 10!

edited April 2019
    Rachel's somewhere she needs to be obviously...

Some ten minutes later, Rachel finally pulls herself back over the lip.
    Dragging herself across the ground, she collapses in front of the rest of the party.

Slowly she rolls over.
    Grunting, she pulls half a bejeweled spike out from between her layers of hide and mail.

'Watch yourselves over there,' she says weakly, 'That first step is taller than it looks'.
    Not really sure how damaged Rachel is.
    She took 2 harm from the guards and then fell in the pit...

discrider on
    Once we get Rachel healed, is it ok I roll travel the labyrinth next?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Go for it - the hold's collective. There's no special reason I should.

Remember if you did hit Blood 1 to take a Blood Advance, if you haven't already. Leave me some room to fire up It Is Written in the narrative, too.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited April 2019
    As Rachel was managing to pull herself out of the pit with the groups help, Peter was readying his medic kit. He quickly moved to her side, working to close her new wounds.

Results:
    Rachel heals 3 harm
    Rachel ignores next contamination
    What should I be on the lookout for?

Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Spikes? No thanks.

Spikes?:
    2d6+1 12 [2d6=5, 6]

AustinP0027 on
    Zalan looks down at his hands as the shadows retreat back. An expression of confusion and disbelief on his face. He turns to Peter to double check that Rachel had been stabilized . He then sits down for a moment on the gold beneath the dead saint, befuddled as he begins to ruffle through the pile. Letting pieces sift between his fingers, before taking a few pieces of gold and pocketing them in his satchel.

He stands up and walks toward the passage that the guard had entered through. Turning to Gergo , Zalan begins to speak: "We should probably get a move on, if we can..." turning briefly to check in on Rachel and Peter again, before beginning to survey the passage ahead. " Did you happen to learn anything from the saint's remains?" Zalan asks Gergo as he continues to look and listen for anything down the way.
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Travel the Labyrinth

Travel the Labyrinth:
    2d6+1 10 [2d6=3, 6]

edited April 2019
    "Oh, indeed. Blessed Angilbert is but one of many blessed individuals whose remains this would-be King has gathered. He accrues the remains of the powerful to himself, hoping to wear some reflection of their glory."

Gergo's eyes have a faraway look for a moment.

"I believe we'll learn more ahead; these are just the outer defenses of the Golden Hand's lair. Indeed... the saint whispers to me that we are coming up on a library of some kind."
    Let's use It Is Written to make the zone we're headed to be a library of some kind; if I can now pick which thing we find on a 10+, let's say valuable insight. I'll mark Corruption.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png