As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Enter the Gungeon: That's when I reach for my revolver

1151617181921»

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I'm going through it myself, trying to find the new stuff.

Word to the people; don't use the Pilot in a Rainbow Run. His passives are nearly worthless for that setup.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I had my first Lich kill yesterday. I ended up finding the Seven Leaf Clover on the first floor and that ensured that everything I found from then on was either black or golden chests and I was swimming in money and keys.

I ended up with the Eyepatch (plus damage, minus accuracy), +1 Bullets, and Gundromeda Strain (enemies have lower max health), and electric bullets for passives.

I also discovered the Patriot and Box synergy, which is silly. With all of those passives it ripped everything, Lich included, to pieces with electric death.

I also finally unlocked the bulletkin Gungeoneer, so I can go through with him now.

Cruor on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The one time I got the 7 leaf clover I couldn't drop a key to save my life. I think I got one A chest out of it and died soon after.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    By the way, there's a previously almost-usesless item that is apparently important for one of the new sidequests.
    When you get to the Forge and talk to the smith, she asks you to bring her a Ruby Bracelet.

Which is an item I have never once made use of (it's a passive that makes guns explode when you throw them), so it's good that she tells you what to get; otherwise I'd never have picked it up voluntarily.

Enlong on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I fell off the learning curve on this game really hard. You can get a different skin for the starting guns by beating the past with alternate costume on.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Finally got around to playing the update. The new items are real fun; evolver was hilarious.

But then I had this run. And there wasn't too much new to it, I just got RIDIC broken synergies.

ErgGCqI.jpg?1

Flare Kit + Medipak? Good room clearer, crazy good boss clearer. Tack on a taped on crossbow. Tack on +1 Bullets. Tack on Scattershot AND Remote Bullets to completely negate Scattershot's downside. I've never killed Treadnaught, the Dragun, or the first Lich stage faster. I ESPECIALLY never killed High Priest that fast. He died before doing the bullshit disappearing attack a second time!

Oh, and also get the dual wield love/hate shotguns from a secret room synergy chest. That are also completely nuts with Remote Bullets. I've probably had a more broken run at some point but it's hard to remember how.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2023
    This should have been a win but I had never fought the dragon before.

?imw=5000&imh

I'm really bad at this game.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    tbf this game is very hard

I think I was 80-100 hours in before I beat the dragun, and that was while actively watching one of the best players a ton on twitch (he got a like 270 win streak before retiring it)

this is still my favorite roguelike of all time tho

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I finally got to my first past but didn't kill the thing...

Enter The Gungeon Spoilers
    I felt like an idiot when I realized I don't have to build the bullet to kill the past all in one run, I've been playing on hard mode and didn't even realize it

I beat the dragun with crazy cheese, black hole + helix bullets etc

Which past?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited May 2023
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Which past?

Marine

Got it down to about 1/4 health

Doodmann on
    the pasts can be wildly different in difficulty and the Marine is one of the hardest ones imo

it's been a minute but I think I'd rank them like

Bullet (still haven't beaten it) > Marine > Pilot > Hunter > Convict

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    xdaivnwxnbpr.jpeg

Finally got one done.

Dragun was super easy this time I only got hit twice and I didn't even have anything too crazy blank/bullet cancel wise.

...I did have shades+smiley which is dope as hell though.

oof, just beefed it on the pilot past twice in a row...at least the hallow bosses are getting easier I guess.