As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Health flasks don't do shit for CI, do they? Is there an emergency ES restoration?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Correct, health pots do nothing if you are CI.

Vaal discipline can be an effective emergency button if you have decent recharge stats.

Vaal grace is also a pretty great emergency option.

mccart on
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Health flasks don't do shit for CI, do they? Is there an emergency ES restoration?

Vaal Discipline, Veiled mod which restores ES/Mana on Focus

I always run a sulphur flask and Zealots Oath, 6% is a decent amount of sustain. Sorrow of the Divine if you're for some reason not over by ZO (but I always seem to want the mana reservation passives and Spiritual Aid on CI builds). Stacking regen with CI becomes kinda mandatory in HC to combat the death by a thousand cuts thing that can happen when you just can't keep from getting hit for 2.5 seconds (or get out of burning ground and other garbage)

There are various ascendancy notables which restore ES over time. Depending on how you define "emergency" Occultist can keep you alive through a lot. Get a Beast Fur Shawl and all the recharge on the tree and a Xirgil's Crank and stack to 60% block. Congratulations you now recharge 7k ES per second after blocking. Or go Soul Strike and just don't get hit.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    I feel like at this point I mostly use health flasks for chaos damage, and staunching.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

If you came up playing life it will be funny for a good while that you keep hitting the life flask button when shit goes sideways. If you are playing Occultist a good response it to hit phasing, get out of the fray, and wait for the MASSIVE ES recovery to trigger (you can reduce the time with a 2 regal enchant on rings).

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    I dropped my Life flasks just to see what would happen, and rather than an unfortunate run in with some vaal constructs, did alright. I think I'm ready to switch.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Get a basalt and granite flask. Put staunching on one and whatever else on the other.

Big hint: Chill and freeze are your worst enemies with CI. You have trouble avoiding hits to get that regen kicking. I'd suggest a Dream Fragments or a flask that last a very long time with Of Heat on it.

Right now I've got a staunching, warding, and heating.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I died to Innocence which is God's way of telling me to take a break and polish off the golf clubs (or read Heidegger). Of course dying to Innocence meant I died to something else such that I was leveling again and that is true. I died to panic when getting chunked by the lighthouse boss. I was in no danger but logged out (2 clicks on xbox). Unfortunately I was also spamming my flasks out of habit. On console this is not good. Instead of logging I ended up in some menu while watching my life go boom. Popping phase run and pushing the left stick in any direction was 100% chance for survival. This will happen again. Memento mori.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Right now I've got a staunching, warding, and heating.

Dream Fragments means to never have to heat again, if you can spare the ring slot.

It's an ES's best friend.

jungleroomx on
    Yeah, Id have to drop the essence worm/ hatred. Which might be worth it, cause my mana pool is real low right now.

Came up with a Grey Spire/Divine Ire build with 700k Shaper damage I'm gonna field, with an endgame intent of Disintegrator tipping it near a cool mil if I can manage a lot of Shaper rares.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

How hard/risky is fossil crafting compared to the rest?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

not very if you know how to farm the fossils you want, its more about knowing which outcomes are primo and knowing the right bases

obF2Wuw.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

arguably the cheapest/easiest aside from essence spamming

basically pristine + your element of choice in a 2 socket will get u decent to gg items in every slot

J3qcnBP.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Came up with a Grey Spire/Divine Ire build with 700k Shaper damage I'm gonna field, with an endgame intent of Disintegrator tipping it near a cool mil if I can manage a lot of Shaper rares.

Surrealitycheck guided me into a great Storm Burst build with insane damage. Trickster abusing how Gain #% Non-Chaos/Elemental Damage as Chaos Damage works with conversions, so that slightly over half of my damage is from chaos. At level 80 I was running T15 maps.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

Surrealitycheck guided me into a great Storm Burst build with insane damage. Trickster abusing how Gain #% Non-Chaos/Elemental Damage as Chaos Damage works with conversions, so that slightly over half of my damage is from chaos. At level 80 I was running T15 maps.

*Cough* @surrealitycheck *cough*

fuck gendered marketing
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

if in doubt convert it out

obF2Wuw.png
    I think after I hit 90 with my current chaos build and get shaper/elder/uber done I might finally throw all my effort into storm burstery

Or possibly run winter orb, I need to know if this wand I have is op first

fuck gendered marketing
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    here's the highest stormburst dps in SSC currently. Like Scheck said, convert it out

I'm still unsure of the final build! I get a basic tree mapped and gear down (eschewing specifics on rares because RNG gonna RNG).

Like I've already decided to Orb Of Storms for power charges and Conductivity spreading (and proccing OO of course), but first it'll be an Impresence so my MoM gets a bigger chunk of mana from Blasphemy/Conductivity.

Blue Dreams seem to be my biggest source of Chaos as extra, but I think that'll cut into my damage from flat added phys or lightning (I'm at 100% phys to lightning conversion at the moment with Divine Ire).

Getting a 6L blue str chest is gonna be the biggest bastard of them all, so I'll probably go str/int chest first.

And yeah, this is an armor/life/MoM build with an Elementalist.

edited April 2019

I'm still unsure of the final build! I get a basic tree mapped and gear down (eschewing specifics on rares because RNG gonna RNG).

Like I've already decided to Orb Of Storms for power charges and Conductivity spreading (and proccing OO of course), but first it'll be an Impresence so my MoM gets a bigger chunk of mana from Blasphemy/Conductivity.

Blue Dreams seem to be my biggest source of Chaos as extra, but I think that'll cut into my damage from flat added phys or lightning (I'm at 100% phys to lightning conversion at the moment with Divine Ire).

Getting a 6L blue str chest is gonna be the biggest bastard of them all, so I'll probably go str/int chest first.

Here's what I'm running:

Gear: Disintegrator, Incandescent Heart(20%), Eber's Unification (8%), Shaper Amulet with Gain 16-20% of Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos Damage

Storm Burst - Cold-to-Fire - Infused Channeling - Physical to Lightning - Concentrated Effect - (Efficacy or Elemental Focus for 6L)
    Wave of Conviction - CWDT - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Increased Duration - (Lightning Golem for eventual 6L)
    Orb of Storms - PCoC - Arcane Surge (lvl 7) - Increased AoE - Put in helm for increased aoe on Void Gaze
    Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Here's a link to the tree.

My tooltip in Hideout unbuffed at level 84 is 110K. With charges and flask up, I'm hitting north of 300k tooltip. It's about half elemental, half chaos damage. Also, I did levels 72 to 82 in just a few hours yesterday. The total cost for gear and gems has been about 3 ex, which includes a near perfect spell phys disintegrator 5L and a very well rolled incandescent heart. With CI I'm sitting at about 5K ES right now, which is low, but if I'm not being one shot I'm invincible because of the massive and strong amounts of ES leech I have. I face tanked all four of red elder's guardians and killed him with no issues this afternoon.

Here's my profile, if you want to check it out. Character name is Heffsterr.

Heffling on
    And yeah, this is an armor/life/MoM build with an Elementalist.

I think I’m going to go MoM with my next build since I had a decent devouring diadem drop from mastermind

fuck gendered marketing
    edited April 2019
    the ultimate conversion meme is still running doedres chest with occultist and worm flask to show ur alpha status but many are too afraid to brane so hard

glacial hammer of COURSE

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So I don't much like the Automaton MTX, but if this is the direction they're taking with Divine Ire MTX, yes please.

https://youtu.be/Cl4U9q-dM-g

Rius wrote: »
    So I don't much like the Automaton MTX, but if this is the direction they're taking with Divine Ire MTX, yes please.

https://youtu.be/Cl4U9q-dM-g

I don't know that I've ever wanted an MTX so bad.

The Automaton MTX is balls.

All the Automaton skill effects are amazing.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The Automaton MTX is balls.

All the Automaton skill effects are amazing.

I could get behind this, red arc is pretty great

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I sprung the 5ex for a Manor. My Cadiro deal was 250 coins for a stack of chisels. This is going to be a long ass challenge. I did get a Seven-League Step though, so I'm technically only out 1-2ex.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    So I've been running Clarity, Discipline, Herald of Ash, and an Essence Worm Hatred. It leaves me with ~80 unreserved mana, which is enough to cast all of my skills, but Clarity can't actually keep up with DI on mana cost, so I can't cast it forever, and I can't really upgrade Clarity cause I'm going to run out of available mana rq. I'm not sure if I should just give up HoA or Hatred, and or drop the Essence Worm? Or maybe try and grab some of the reduced mana reserved nodes? I think I can reach a couple before I cap out, but it'd be slow going, probably spec out of a little bit of damage to reach them and then pick the damage back up as I level.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    This is a pretty good utility for picking your aura setups: https://poe.mikelat.com/#

If you run double Essence Worm you can put Disc in one, Hatred in the other, then Herald + Clarity on mana for like 95% of your pool. It's probably ideal in the long run to eventually drop the Worm for a dps ring and either cut Clarity and use a mana pot (seething antifreeze is nice) or cut one of the dps auras and run a dps pot.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    typically using Essence Worm is only good with 1 aura

if ur multple auraing it, use this to see the best way

https://poe.mikelat.com/

and look into enlightens

J3qcnBP.png
    I totally forgot about Enlighten. I actually have space for it as well. And I should probably be leveling those as well.

edited April 2019
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    typically using Essence Worm is only good with 1 aura

if ur multple auraing it, use this to see the best way

https://poe.mikelat.com/

and look into enlightens

if ur cool u do double essence worm dual 5l herald in coming calamity chest and dual heralds with enlighten in a prism guardian to hit low life, then a 50% reserved aul amulet its just common sense

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Yup, aul neck is OPOP for certain builds

right now im looking to replace xophs with one.

the anger aul's is 30-50 ex so fuck that

the vitality one is 4 ex :hydra:

lets me run HoA HoP and Arctic Armor + free vitality

it just makes sense

J3qcnBP.png
    Maybe I should stop farting around and go kill Shaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fEpYmJSP0

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So given up on the league really. So that means alt time. Got my necro up to maps and equipped soulwrest and aurabotted up a bit. And now I am back to easymode run around and watch things die mode.

Oh no I blew all of my damn c on my DI build and now I gotta grind for guardian maps.

This is the worst thing that's ever happened to anyone.

So I've been running Clarity, Discipline, Herald of Ash, and an Essence Worm Hatred. It leaves me with ~80 unreserved mana, which is enough to cast all of my skills, but Clarity can't actually keep up with DI on mana cost, so I can't cast it forever, and I can't really upgrade Clarity cause I'm going to run out of available mana rq. I'm not sure if I should just give up HoA or Hatred, and or drop the Essence Worm? Or maybe try and grab some of the reduced mana reserved nodes? I think I can reach a couple before I cap out, but it'd be slow going, probably spec out of a little bit of damage to reach them and then pick the damage back up as I level.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

I would pick up Arcane Will for 2 points in Witch starting area. Mana regen scales off of your mana pool, so you're gaining mana pool, flat mana regen, and %mana regen. Alternatively, get an amulet with %mana regen in place of your current rarity roll. You're amulets kinda garbo anyway.