As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm just trying to figure out what "O" word they're going to use for the subtitle that isn't going to involve Odin.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    they're just going to go the Oddworld route and write exOdus

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m guessing AC Valhalla or Ragnarok

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    oh good AssRag

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Assassin's Creed: Odinsomething

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Assassin's Creed: Oh No, Vikings

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm playing 3 again because the remaster just came out

this game is good! It was always good! Fools, the lot of you!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    natakas fuckin' sucks

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I don't really feel any compulsion to play it again but I've installed it so I can check out Liberation.

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hmm. Vikings are a really interesting idea, but also kind of indistinct?

Like obviously they'll make it more distinct somewhere along the lines, but I'm having trouble pointing to like, a singular location (or set of locations) or time period or anything. Like, Viking occupied Dublin would probably be good? Or later settlement Iceland? Maybe Jomsborg, I guess?

I'd say they do it during the reign of Charlemagne. He'd be a great offscreen Templar villain, and Christians vs. pagans would be a great framing conflict for Templars vs. Assassins. I might be remembering my Euro history out of my ass, but I think the canonical "Viking Age" began roughly during his reign, and his conquest of the Saxons enabled the Christianization of Scandinavia.

In any case, Charlemagne was a force of Christian centralization while the vikings were still doing their thing.

htm on
  • Options
    Continuing with the Legacy DLC and the Huntsman is talking
    and I was real glad not to see so much of the hackneyed "wow.......interesting how you think you're the good guy................but you murder people?????" stuff in the main game, but all the huntsman does is monologue about it, and uh, it's boring

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    and I was real glad not to see so much of the hackneyed "wow.......interesting how you think you're the good guy................but you murder people?????" stuff in the main game, but all the huntsman does is monologue about it, and uh, it's boring

something that's really annoying about historical pieces is throwing out characters who are presented as having very well-reasoned philosophies despite not actually reflecting the morality of the time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So I finished part two of the First Blade DLC. Let's set aside the big complaints about it: they're still correct, but we've covered that ground already, and I don't have anything new to say about it.

It's bad. Even if this game wasn't built on choice, even if it wasn't gross that this game promised you choices in how Kassandra's relationships work...the storytelling is still well below the quality of the rest of the game. Most of the Kassandra/Natakas connection is built off of other characters talking about how much of a connection they have, the voice acting from virtually everyone else is really flat (the Tempest, especially, is really rough), and they just...fail to land what they're going for.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

something that's really annoying about historical pieces is throwing out characters who are presented as having very well-reasoned philosophies despite not actually reflecting the morality of the time

big fan of kassandra just going "ok, but drachmae now" all the time

• Options
    I'd been looking forward to the Atlantis DLC but if it's the same team as the First Blade stuff then I'm not going to bother

• Options
    If it's digging into weird first ones stuff, I'm on board. I think they have to have gotten the "let's hurry up and tie Kassandra to the overarching story," stuff out of their system.

• Options
    I just want to know if you get a hidden blade in that first DLC

• Options

Real answer
    noooooooope

• Options

Real answer
    noooooooope
    That's some bullshit! Just make it a Dagger with some unique animations!

• Options
    Also I just did the whole Daughters of Artemis questline
    I killed Daphnae and am now the leader of the Daughters

It was heartbreaking, but that crew theme, though

• Options

Real answer
    noooooooope
    they barely even comment on the blade itself or what Darius has unintentionally begun

which like, I guess since it's pre-Assassin order nobody would place any significance on it in universe, but the game barely does anything to justify calling this DLC LEGACY OF THE FIRST BLADE and then not really engaging with the mythos at all

it's just a mess

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

I've BEEN sayin'!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Is the remaster just visual improvements, or did they change other stuff?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Real answer
    noooooooope
    You do get a Dagger.

It's the Prince of Persia Dagger so....

I did really like one part of the end of the 3rd chapter though
    the cool montage over the centuries to show Kassandra's descendant giving rise to Aya who does a leap of faith off the Sphinx

whether that was worth the ham handedness to get there, I don't think so, but it's pretty neat.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »

From Ubisoft
    The game UI (user interface) has undergone a big makeover to better align with today's standards (such as including color-blind settings to help spot enemies in the Mini Map) to deliver a more enjoyable player experience!

The in-game economy has been revamped to be easily visible and offer added benefits, such as additional weapons for crafting.

New stealth features are also included in the Remaster, as well as the ability to hide in bushes, call enemies over with a whistle, and perform double assassinations, creating a better balance between action and stealth.

I can't believe you couldn't hide in bushes or double assassinate before? But it's been so long since I last played this, so maybe

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    You could hide in bushes, but couldn’t whistle from them

You could only whistle from behind corners before

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

From Ubisoft
    The game UI (user interface) has undergone a big makeover to better align with today's standards (such as including color-blind settings to help spot enemies in the Mini Map) to deliver a more enjoyable player experience!

The in-game economy has been revamped to be easily visible and offer added benefits, such as additional weapons for crafting.

New stealth features are also included in the Remaster, as well as the ability to hide in bushes, call enemies over with a whistle, and perform double assassinations, creating a better balance between action and stealth.

I can't believe you couldn't hide in bushes or double assassinate before? But it's been so long since I last played this, so maybe

Hmm yeah you could definitely hide in bushes before, but I think I remember double assassinations could only be done in high profile mode.

• Options

I've BEEN sayin'!

Of COURSE I would not number you among the fools, I am sorry to have misled you

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Unfortunately the climbing system is still super rough and infuriating. You don’t notice how much games have changed and improved until you go back

Finished Tyranny of King Washington, had never played it before. Was super neat. Now I’m playing Liberation, the only remaining assassins creed thing I’ve never played.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

I mean you get the theme either way

I couldn't do it.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

I couldn't do it.

WHAT

Shit man, I may have to reload my save

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Odyssey is missing the double, which at least makes story/equipment sense. It's also missing the super-high falling assassinations which sucks. Put them back!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    A thing I remember about 3 was that it felt like double-counters were extremely rare, but when they happened they felt huge... compared to Bro/Rev, where I think I was doing double counters every fight, and they lost their impact.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

I couldn't do it.

WHAT

Shit man, I may have to reload my save

Daughters of Artemis
    if you don't kill her and try to appeal to her love for you then she gets angry and all the Daughters aggro and will be hostile for the rest of the game

if you just walk away she calls you a coward and says you can leave the island alive but never to come back. if you do they turn hostile again

• Options
    OH HELLO BRASIDAS

• Options
    Ancient artifacts and stuff
    Is it possible to fight the Sphinx

Like, the riddles were pretty easy, but I'm curious what happens if you threaten it at the beginning, or fuck up a riddle answer

• Options
    I've downloaded the AC3 remaster, but I haven't jumped back in yet because there's still a bunch to do in Odyssey. And I remember liking a lot of what 3 was doing when it launched, but a lot of the missions were fucking awful. I think they might even have patched them when that game was fresh.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I've downloaded the AC3 remaster, but I haven't jumped back in yet because there's still a bunch to do in Odyssey. And I remember liking a lot of what 3 was doing when it launched, but a lot of the missions were fucking awful. I think they might even have patched them when that game was fresh.

They did
    The big one was an incredibly frustrating foot chase in the final mission that was nearly impossible, but I think there were smaller patches not long after release as well

There's still a lot of jank in the remaster and I think too many of them relied on time and distance requirements that were too tight, and the optional full sync objectives are almost entirely bullshit, but it's not really impacting my enjoyment much

I realized last night I'm probably going to end up replaying all the other New World games after this one (Liberation, which I never actually played and am looking forward to, Black Flag and Rogue)

I think they all come together in a really interesting way to tell this saga of how nuts the Assassin-Templar War was over that hundred years or so

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Ancient artifacts and stuff
    Is it possible to fight the Sphinx

Like, the riddles were pretty easy, but I'm curious what happens if you threaten it at the beginning, or fuck up a riddle answer
    I think you just get lasered to death

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

They did
    The big one was an incredibly frustrating foot chase in the final mission that was nearly impossible, but I think there were smaller patches not long after release as well

There's still a lot of jank in the remaster and I think too many of them relied on time and distance requirements that were too tight, and the optional full sync objectives are almost entirely bullshit, but it's not really impacting my enjoyment much

I realized last night I'm probably going to end up replaying all the other New World games after this one (Liberation, which I never actually played and am looking forward to, Black Flag and Rogue)

I think they all come together in a really interesting way to tell this saga of how nuts the Assassin-Templar War was over that hundred years or so
    I think it wasn't the actual mission itself, but the bonus objective. You were chasing Haytham through an extremely crowded area and the bonus objective was you couldn't touch anybody.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126