As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well hopefully that fixes the thing when 6 purples and 3 yellows come out of a door and all run at your team and oneshot punch you even though they're just normal guys. that happened multiple times last night when i was playing, was super hard to deal with.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Got my 490 gs chatterbox. I'm only one (maybe two) gear mod drop away from having everything I need to make this shotgun build really work. Yay

I've not had much issue with enemies rushing. Really, I've been constantly annoyed that they are always running away. It's weird in missions, but playing standard territory control events on the map where I'm chasing the final enemies for three blocks outside of the territory they are supposed to be controlling is getting old

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    well hopefully that fixes the thing when 6 purples and 3 yellows come out of a door and all run at your team and oneshot punch you even though they're just normal guys. that happened multiple times last night when i was playing, was super hard to deal with.

God I did a level 3 control point last night "the choke" where I swear to god it was like I accidentally boosted it to heroic. So many yellows and purples.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I hope they don't dial back the enemy push too much. It gives you an edge if you're at a choke point... and the pressure is kind of fun. Did that True Sons Jefferson mission with the mortars on Hard difficulty with 4 other players around 350 GS last night, it was intense being pushed and well, the entire time.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I hope they don't dial back the enemy push too much. It gives you an edge if you're at a choke point... and the pressure is kind of fun. Did that True Sons Jefferson mission with the mortars on Hard difficulty with 4 other players around 350 GS last night, it was intense being pushed and well, the entire time.

Its not all the time, but there are definitely times, like specifically as we call out Roosevelt. Where the outcasts consistently are pushing you from the start and you just never get time to even breathe.

True sons have what I feel is a fairly normal rush routine (their shotgun and jizz guys move up, their other people support). Honestly thinking about it, only feels like again the outcasts are the ones that are busted here with their damage and tactics.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I spent the weekend in NYC at wrestling events, so I'm only at 490 and so far the gear I've been getting has pushed me more towards an armor build. Not nearly as powerful as I was in WT4 (yet). Preacher is taking out control point 3s and I am not daring too, yet (the role reversals!).

Still super bummed my exotic LMG was crap. Chatterbox seems to be the only good exotic thus far.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    I do have to say its really annoying to get a full 4 stack to help you with a control point you have to repeatedly ask for help. Like you shouldn't have to keep asking for back up game!

I can't wait to finish demolitionist so I can go back to my daryl and using an AR. The Lmgs are better than I gave them credit for, but I want that AR life again.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I spent the weekend in NYC at wrestling events, so I'm only at 490 and so far the gear I've been getting has pushed me more towards an armor build. Not nearly as powerful as I was in WT4 (yet). Preacher is taking out control point 3s and I am not daring too, yet (the role reversals!).

Still super bummed my exotic LMG was crap. Chatterbox seems to be the only good exotic thus far.

Kendras liberty is amazing. Not only is it a decent pistol in it's own right, with good damage and an active talent that's pretty useful, but its passive talent is that every time you destroy enemy equipment or weak points it refunds 20% of your magazine.

That's bonkers. So good for assault rifles, smgs, lmgs. Also, even the armor plates on heavy enemies count as equipment, in addition to the regular ammo boxes, grenade bags, and deployable. Sadly BT drones and robo mules dont count.

ALSO, it's a guaranteed drop from its sources (some specific true sons bosses, have to be done in order, can be normal difficulty, just Google it). No box farming like chatterbox.

I have this as the sidearm for my armor LMG build with steady hands. Its absurd.

DID YOU KNOW: That ammo refills you get from Steady Hands and Kendras Liberty talent are free? Yes, its magic ammo that doesnt get subtracted from what you currently have. This is a game changer for bullet sponge enemies.

OpposingFarce on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I really need to find a yellow D50, for one brief moment I thought I could use this purple one I found earlier but nooo

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I know I harp on the game a lot, but I am still amazed that the class specific side arms are still not properly leveled to the world tier you're in. Like I finished Marksman spec and got the 93r as a level 300 side arm. Devs please, no one is using these signature weapons because they start out with garbage stats, and why would I care about boosting them?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kendras liberty is amazing. Not only is it a decent pistol in it's own right, with good damage and an active talent that's pretty useful, but its passive talent is that every time you destroy enemy equipment or weak points it refunds 20% of your magazine.

That's bonkers. So good for assault rifles, smgs, lmgs. Also, even the armor plates on heavy enemies count as equipment, in addition to the regular ammo boxes, grenade bags, and deployable. Sadly BT drones and robo mules dont count.
    The pistol jumps all over the place when you fire it. The holstered ability is great, yes, but the damn thing is so inaccurate (console). I just have an issue with the main reason to use it being a "holstered" perk.

You did remind me to ask an important question, though. Does the game judge your current GS by equipped gear or by what's in your inventory? I don't have Liberty equipped for this very reason at me atm.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    equipped gear determines current GS
    available gear determines GS of drops

i think

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    equipped gear determines current GS
    available gear determines GS of drops

i think

drops are based on the highest gs item in your cache or inventory (within level/world tier rules)
    (as reported by a dev)

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Its not all the time, but there are definitely times, like specifically as we call out Roosevelt. Where the outcasts consistently are pushing you from the start and you just never get time to even breathe.

True sons have what I feel is a fairly normal rush routine (their shotgun and jizz guys move up, their other people support). Honestly thinking about it, only feels like again the outcasts are the ones that are busted here with their damage and tactics.

There's no reason for Medics and Engies to rush as much too though. It was all hard push, all the time. Goopers first then the kitchen sink.

As for Outcasts, I reckon that NPC SMGs (still) deal crit damage in the 0-15 range similar to player SMGs. That's why they burst down like they do up close. Not accounting for the super-bullet/perfect grenade that plugs us now and then in that statement. The SMG guys and the melee dudes are rushers though... so dialing it back isn't going to change much.

• Options

There's no reason for Medics and Engies to rush as much too though. It was all hard push, all the time. Goopers first then the kitchen sink.

As for Outcasts, I reckon that NPC SMGs (still) deal crit damage in the 0-15 range similar to player SMGs. That's why they burst down like they do up close. Not accounting for the super-bullet/perfect grenade that plugs us now and then in that statement. The SMG guys and the melee dudes are rushers though... so dialing it back isn't going to change much.

Its not just the rush guys that rush on outcasts. And honestly I think their faction kit is a little too rush heavy and can lead to them being a shitty faction to fight. Like they have the suiciders, their grenadiers who despite using pistols/smg burst you down better than their heavies, they have those bleed battle bot fucking things that do a shit ton of damage on challenging (one charge can down you if its a yellow bot), the flame thrower ladies who's range on their flame thrower is pretty much like 40m. And even their standard shooty guys are more aggresively moving on you. And then of course their slegehammer heavies who can one shot you especially if you get a little bit of lag.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Its not just the rush guys that rush on outcasts. And honestly I think their faction kit is a little too rush heavy and can lead to them being a shitty faction to fight. Like they have the suiciders, their grenadiers who despite using pistols/smg burst you down better than their heavies, they have those bleed battle bot fucking things that do a shit ton of damage on challenging (one charge can down you if its a yellow bot), the flame thrower ladies who's range on their flame thrower is pretty much like 40m. And even their standard shooty guys are more aggresively moving on you. And then of course their slegehammer heavies who can one shot you especially if you get a little bit of lag.

Indeed they can.

IDK though. On challenging difficulty I kind of expect tilt? Not really sure what you want them to do with the faction other than dial back the "bugged" part of their AI?

• Options

Indeed they can.

IDK though. On challenging difficulty I kind of expect tilt? Not really sure what you want them to do with the faction other than dial back the "bugged" part of their AI?

I think a big part would be fixing the damage the grenadier guys do and also not having their whole team like move on you (this is super noticeable again in Roosevelt its not just the mini guns there that's an issue) but I also don't think the outcasts need the heavy lmg class they get, because those dicks seem to the be the only unit that doesn't move, and with the all rush nature of the outcasts it doesn't even fit thematically.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The one change I'd make to the Outcasts is to remove or change the unit that gives special ammo, because getting shocked is just insult to injury and doesn't really fit with the rest of their theme either.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Hard Wired is done, and of course you will need an additional letter part and that tech to craft the pieces.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Hard Wired is done, and of course you will need an additional letter part and that tech to craft the pieces.

Even better, you can only hold 30 of the craft resource you need 10 of to make the armor with.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    With the signature ammo change I was hardly ever seeing it drop as a demolitionist. I swapped over to survivalist since I'd maxxed all the skill points on demo and figured I should try and keep filling things out.
    I am now getting signature ammo drops much more frequently. Having people did under status effects seems like a much easier trigger condition than explosions. I did also swap from a turret to airburst seeker mines to put more people on fire.
    But you have all kinds of evironmentaloptions for setting people ablaze, and special ammo drops etc. Plus an enemy is under the effects for a while and can die within that window over time. Explosions can be a part of why something dies but not what killed it necessarily. Something feels a bit off there. The drop rate I've experienced under Surivalist seems much more in line with what they're probably expecting. Although maybe the rate was tweaked after I switched.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of no longer having negative effects with the mods. I enjoyed having to make a conscious decision to pad one stat knowing it would reduce another. I'm probably in the minority (hence why they changed it).

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I got Pestilence earlier, then dropped 2 Rogues with it, they tried to jump me earlier so that was nice.

Its weird that Pestilence has extremely shitty damage for PvE though, hope they change that.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of no longer having negative effects with the mods. I enjoyed having to make a conscious decision to pad one stat knowing it would reduce another. I'm probably in the minority (hence why they changed it).

I prefer the new mod system as it lets me choose the bonus I want without having to tack on some modifier. And as someone who likes to bling my gun a bit, not having to use an ugly mod because of the bonus...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    With the signature ammo change I was hardly ever seeing it drop as a demolitionist. I swapped over to survivalist since I'd maxxed all the skill points on demo and figured I should try and keep filling things out.
    I am now getting signature ammo drops much more frequently. Having people did under status effects seems like a much easier trigger condition than explosions. I did also swap from a turret to airburst seeker mines to put more people on fire.
    But you have all kinds of evironmentaloptions for setting people ablaze, and special ammo drops etc. Plus an enemy is under the effects for a while and can die within that window over time. Explosions can be a part of why something dies but not what killed it necessarily. Something feels a bit off there. The drop rate I've experienced under Surivalist seems much more in line with what they're probably expecting. Although maybe the rate was tweaked after I switched.

i killed a group of 5 enemies with a grenade and didn't get a single grenade launcher ammo. i feel like by default you should probably get 5-10 rounds of your signature weapon minimum over the course of an hour of playing missions, with more coming if you do the thing the spec wants.

they're not so strong that they trivialize content in my experience, and as is i don't put any points into them because i never get to use them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

There are more mods in the pool that are big+ / neg... you just need to find them. Have to find the list again. I do have a few that still have negs.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Game froze midway through a mission, great.

I’ll just do that all over again...

Edit: Game dropped me inside the mission checkpoint on load in, not bad.

Sirialis on
  • Options

There are more mods in the pool that are big+ / neg... you just need to find them. Have to find the list again. I do have a few that still have negs.

I've got a scope with -5 AC and +15 Sta for example.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    oops, nevermind. late to that discussion...

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    You know, I wish they’d let you equip different types of the same skill. If I want a heal drone and a shooty drone, or an assault turret and a flame turret, why not let me?

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan of SMGs on my current Tanky/Armor build that revolves around Steady Hands LMG, Safeguard Armor, Patience pads, etc.

Unlike a damage build, I'm not pumping up CHC or CHD, and although SMGs have higher native crit chance I'm not bolstering that at all with my equipment, so it's sitting pretty low, around 30%. My LMG is around 5%, haha.

So even though I'm a demo main and get 15% extra SMG damage I'm not sure. The SMGs just dont feel decisive. I'm going to keep my eyes open for good ARs or, gasp, rifles.

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

drops are based on the highest gs item in your cache or inventory (within level/world tier rules)
    (as reported by a dev)
    OR Cache.
    Nice.

Up to 498 drops so far. Finally in that 490-500 range, probably, now.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I'd really love it if they patched the issue of this game making my CPU run at ridiculous temperatures at 4k 60fps.

Even at my artificially limited to 45 fps gameplay I'm seeing stupid high cpu temps, just not as high as 60fps, and not crashing every 5 minutes (although still crashing easily 2 times per hour).

Like my GPU doesn't even sweat under any of these conditions, and yet my CPU is on fire. How? How does that make sense?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I'd really love it if they patched the issue of this game making my CPU run at ridiculous temperatures at 4k 60fps.

Even at my artificially limited to 45 fps gameplay I'm seeing stupid high cpu temps, just not as high as 60fps, and not crashing every 5 minutes (although still crashing easily 2 times per hour).

Like my GPU doesn't even sweat under any of these conditions, and yet my CPU is on fire. How? How does that make sense?

On my laptop I ended up limiting CPU power to 85% specifically because of Ubisoft games.

They seem content with their games deciding your CPU needs to be the temperature of a volcano.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Give us +drone count

Let us engage with a cloud of drones

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Do you mean CPU Utilization? I didn't even know it was possible to force a max utilization below 100%. Next time I have time to play, I'm going to try doing that and then change the frame limit from 45fps back up to 60.

edit: ah I see - you did mean cpu power. It doesn't seem possible to force a program to limit cpu utilization. At least, some quick googling leads me to this conclusion.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Do you mean CPU Utilization? I didn't even know it was possible to force a max utilization below 100%. Next time I have time to play, I'm going to try doing that and then change the frame limit from 45fps back up to 60.

edit: ah I see - you did mean cpu power. It doesn't seem possible to force a program to limit cpu utilization. At least, some quick googling leads me to this conclusion.

Yeah I meant power and not utilisation. My laptop CPU was running 90+ Celsius with this game. Dropping it to 85% dropped the temps down to a saner 70. Utilisation is still super high but my laptop isn’t as much of a space heater.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Y'know, I was actually having an issue with CPU temps lately. Decided to flip on the ol' MSI Command Center window to keep an eye on things, and was noticing that the CPU package temp was spiking upwards of around 80-85C (with an AIO liquid cooler...so I was a little alarmed). Turns out, somewhere along the line, Division 2 just up and turns off the hydro pump and radiator fan. To get things back to normal, I've got to manually set the pump and fan speeds instead of letting my custom preset ramp things up as temps increase (since the preset seemed to be getting overridden).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I don't think that is happening with me. I have a corsair AIO cpu cooler and use Corsair Link to manage it. I have radiator fan speed linked to coolant temperature, as well as a display of pump rpm. pump rpm never seems to drop. Coolant temperature seems gets into a fairly high range while playing div 2 compared to its normal behavior. This coolant behavior is consistent with my CPU maintaining high temperatures and not just sometimes spiking to a high value.

It doesn't help that I am running a notoriously hot cpu, an i7 7700k. However I did delid it and during OCing / stress testing never saw temps higher than 85c. Div 2 at 4k 60fps gets me into the 90s easy. 45fps keeps me in the 80s which I consider okay.

I've considered buying a new cpu cooler and seeing if that helps. When I play other games though... I have no issues...

Al_wat on
  • Options
    It doesn't help that I am running a notoriously hot cpu, an i7 7700k. However I did delid it and during OCing / stress testing never saw temps higher than 85c. Div 2 at 4k 60fps gets me into the 90s easy. 45fps keeps me in the 80s which I consider okay.

I've considered buying a new cpu cooler and seeing if that helps. When I play other games though... I have no issues...

Well, that’s interesting. That’s my laptop CPU. It gets comparable temps in a desktop? I thought it was the enclosed laptop causing it.