As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Sakurafaces I'm interested in come later. Kiara though...

Melt and Lip are both good though. Melt gets plenty of buffs in the future too.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Looking forward to BB so I can see what her deal is firsthand without having to watch a YouTube let's play, even if it does have Gilgamesh. I've already reserved two Grails for her.

The Alter Egos, meh. Maybe when they get their buff in two years but I'd rather get Okita Alter

You're not going to figure CCC out by playing this event.

Or by watching a Let's Play.

Because CCC is just completely incomprehensible.

Even for Fate.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Looking forward to BB so I can see what her deal is firsthand without having to watch a YouTube let's play, even if it does have Gilgamesh. I've already reserved two Grails for her.

The Alter Egos, meh. Maybe when they get their buff in two years but I'd rather get Okita Alter

Even for Fate.

Oh I don't mean CCC, just BB.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    What I've gathered on BB over time:
    She's a glitched version of one of the AIs from the original Fate/Extra game. The dark side of the moon (cell) is garbage collection and she takes that area over and tries to take over the whole system from there.

The alter egos are additional personalities she spins off. Also experiments with breaking the summoning stuff of the moon cell by mixing things together (mostly the records of divine spirits)

She's also crazy, if that wasn't clear.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I've gleaned from the wikis, but it's one thing to read what a character is like and another to interact with them, see how they talk, their personality, etc.

• Options

Even for Fate.

Oh I don't mean CCC, just BB.

ah, gotcha

Yeah, she's easy enough to figure out

I really dislike her but I think I'm in the minority there

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    i wonder how they're going to localize melt's name

gonna be amusing if they somehow pick an entirely different option from the two commonly used ones and manage to piss off everyone

• Options
    Zandracon wrote: »

gonna be amusing if they somehow pick an entirely different option from the two commonly used ones and manage to piss off everyone

If it gets all the Twitter trolls off the subject of Emiya Alter and censorship I'm all for it

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »

If it gets all the Twitter trolls off the subject of Emiya Alter and censorship I'm all for it

Probably not. People are gonna be reminded of FGO NA's horribly botched nonsensical censor job on him really soon since he play's a role in the CCC event and you get more backstory on him there.

I was initially happy when I heard they were gonna change him for NA but man did they fuck it up and miss the entire point.

I'm not too torn about it though, he's still cool a shit.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

We're also still missing two of the origional Sakura Five even in JP, all of which are artificial composite divine spirits. Though they've given two other Sakura faces outside of those (Parvati and Kama).

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Are any of the event Servants anything?

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    The 4* Welfare is pretty good, if niche - she's of the unique Moon Cancer class, which is super-effective against Avengers and weak to Rulers. It's basically another little triangle over there, except there's literally only one character that's a Moon Cancer so it doesn't come up terribly much.
    It's useful for any Avenger fights, though, and if you haven't beaten Shinjuku yet then BB can help a bit with that. Being literally the only character with class advantage makes up for a lot.

(We do get a second Moon Cancer eventually in Summer 2020, but that's just BB in a 5* swimsuit. On the one hand she has busted skills, on the other she's AoE rather than her 4* version's ST and Avengers don't exactly show up in groups much.)

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Honestly the pre-event banner is where all the real meat is.

Nero Bride, Gil, Tamamo, all with solo rate-ups.

And yeah, BB's supposed to be another good welfare.

I guess the event does let you go for the Alter Ego class too, but... you could just roll for Gil instead.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Not to mention that Nero Bride gets not only a Noble Phantasm damage buff Interlude, but she also gets an animation update that increases all her hitcounts by one (giving her more NP and Star generation).

• Options
    Not to mention that Nero Bride gets not only a Noble Phantasm damage buff Interlude, but she also gets an animation update that increases all her hitcounts by one (giving her more NP and Star generation).

Yep, looking forward to that so much :D

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

The only downside is that she can't spell out LOVE with a brave chain anymore.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

The only downside is that she can't spell out LOVE with a brave chain anymore.

The new animations are really pretty though, so.

Already went through her new interlude, which is a 33% (900%->1200%) damage boost to her NP1, plus more than double the burn damage (for what it's worth).

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Rolled once on Lancer banner, hoping for LArtoria, Lalter, or Karna. Got.... Enkidu.
    Rolled once on Rider hoping for Quetz or Medb or Ozy NP2. Got... Drake NP4 the endless Spook.
    tfw your luck is so good that you can just hope and expect SSRs off only 1 10 roll

I agreed with this. But got Okita in one roll at the start of the event and the monk in one roll today. So I dunno.

And now whoever the Berserker in one, when I just wanted CEs. As long as I don't want the 5 stars, they all show up. Of course the second I save up some quartz or actually want a Servant this 'luck' will disappear...
    Humblebragging is against the Shinsengumi code

Threw a ticket at Nero because why not and got Gawain. I've grown too powerful. I can't be stopped.

Or I'll just get nothing at all during summer or whatever else I actually save for.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I was spooped by Nero Prime.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    It's such a bait banner, but it's a decent bait banner.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    oh no, there goes my luck for the CCC banner. threw a ticket at the pre-release summon
    XkGTxmHl.jpg

• Options
    Just a reminder that in a few days best girl 2030 goes on rate up. It's the CEs last rate up ever. It's always in the gacha, but this'll be your best chance to snag one.

Friendly PSA for those that don't have one.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Now if only Kaleidoscope would ever get a rate up...

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The game refuses to allow me to have a Nero.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    to date: 660 SQ no Nero

33 Tickets:
    Ticket 7 - Ideal Holy King
    Ticket 22 - Fran NP2

This really is a Tamamo/Liz account...could be worse I guess.

759 SQ during Nero rate-ups no Nero

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Now if only Kaleidoscope would ever get a rate up...

Not only that, but every new permanent 5* CE is a Kaleidoscope rate-down!

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Hello thread! I am new and confused. This is technically my eighth day playing and I have a few good servants... well one at least... with a pile of XP and 30 SQ to spend. Can anyone provide a few pointers?

-Do people just randomly accept friend requests? I understand I need these to access support NPs (at whatever point that starts to matter) but I assume nobody's going to borrow mine for... quite some time.
    -I assume levelling servants to maybe 50ish is pretty cheap, and going past that starts to get super grindy? I've been dumping a bunch of XP and have a couple 40's but I don't know how long the party is going to last as the Master levels spread out and I can't just chain dailies (currently level 41)
    -I see people planning pretty far ahead for various events / target Servants. Are they really that much better, or is it just necessary when you really want someone in particular for whatever reason due to the crap drop chances?
    -I don't have much of a feel for group composition beyond "choose what beats the expected enemies". Any suggestions? I've currently got (S/SSR):

Nero (Bride) (i am so sorry about this)
    Chevalier
    Nitocris
    Chacha (didn't farm the event though so I think her advancement is going to be difficult?)
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)
    Avenger of Shinjuku (who is... basically locked out until I finish Part 1)?
    [Mozart, who sucks and was horrible in Orleans dear god]

I was also planning to dump the SQ on the CCC limited summon since it looks like a nice list of options. Is that a bad idea?
    -Still figuring out craft essences. I guess they're basically just equipment you can level?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    • People can kind of be stingy with friend requests if you don't have anything they'll use, but if you ask in here there'll almost certainly be some stacked players that will clear up a slot for you
    • Leveling servants gets easier once you can easily finish the highest level daily, which honestly a lot of times a friend servant will be able to just solo the whole thing for you
    • It's mostly just because the rates are so poor on the gacha that if you want a specific servant, you will need to be able to pull like 100+ times to have a reasonable shot at getting them, and people already have favorites that they want.
    • Generally group composition is one strong DPS, one strong support, and flex for that last slot. Certain offensive servants are good enough that you might just want to pile two supports behind them, sometimes you've got someone like Waver who can pretty solidly support multiple DPS, etc.

CCC limited summons have a number of good servants if you're interested in them, Gilgamesh is extremely strong in fights against enemy servants, Tamamo is the best Arts support servant, Karna is a solid if unimpressive Lancer that beats the shit out of Divine enemies of which there are a fair number (He gets some buffs down the line that make him a lot better though)

Aside from a few hallmark servants like Zhuge Liang and Merlin, I will pretty much always err in favor of "Pull servants you think are cool", hell there are videos floating around of people clearing basically every mission in the game with 1*-3* servants.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If you post your ID number here, everyone can add you and you can use our Servants to carry you for a good while. You should be able to fill out your friend list just from the thread, at least for now. You get more friend spots as you level up.

You probably want to concentrate on leveling a good grinding team first, then use that to level whoever else you like. Nero and Nitocris are probably your best bet for now? Bring a friend's Caster with you. Or for now a good Berserker will make a big difference.

There's basically a handful of 'useless' Servants, a huge chunk of 'good' ones and then like 5-6 'great' ones that break the game and cause the creators to do things like double/triple/etc. boss HP to keep up. So the really good ones are so good they can carry you for a good while. Also the drop rates are horrible, yeah, so stockpiling quartz is a good idea.

And yeah, don't worry about leveling CEs right now, past about 30 it gets difficult. Generally you want to stick to 4-5 star ones, and be looking to get five copies to limit break them. But maybe check here before combining them, because sometimes having five good CEs is better than having just one 'great' CE.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I would argue that Karna is impressive, and also my friend.
    Tenek wrote: »
    Chevalier
    Nitocris
    Chacha (didn't farm the event though so I think her advancement is going to be difficult?)
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)

D'eon is very good at their niche, although it might not be THAT often that you really need a tank, and Nero's gonna do much better otherwise. Nitocris is EXTREMELY useful, certainly more than she first appears. Avenger too is a really good one to have. Note that they aren't locked out per se; their name just won't be revealed until you catch up. You can still use them like anyone else. Sadly, there might not be much point of using Chacha if you didn't do much of the event; you won't be able to ascend her much/at all until this event comes around again next year.

Also, post your user ID, and you should get friend requests from a bunch of us. For your own sake, you probably don't want to accept every random friend request you get. I try to keep a delicate balance between useful supports to take, and people who will actually take my supports.

• Options
    Welcome to the game!

Some answers, please forgive the length:

Friend Requests
    Some folks will accept requests from new players, others won't. We will. Post your code and we'll lend you our servants!

Leveling servangs
    Leveling servants gets more expensive, but the real roadblock is the materials needed for ascension. You'll build up a stock from event shops over time. But it will be slow at first. Skill levelings are also very resource heavy, but don't worry about that for now.

Summoning
    With very few exceptions, people plan summons in advance just for their love of that servant, rather than gameplay. You can clear this game with only low rarity servants, so no servant is so essential that you have to summon to succeed.

As you're new, I'd recommend summoning on whatever banner is available to build up your servant stocks. Lots of 3* servants you'll want to have, and won't have too much trouble getting.

Team Comp and Servants to Level.
    As for team comp, I'd recommend leveling a range of servants from multiple classes, so you can have optjons. Countering enemy types is the most important thing.

Level all of your four and five stars. It'll take a while, which is normal.

Nero Bride: a terrific start! She'll carry you through a lot. She's an Arts Saber, so you can consider building an Arts team as you get more servants.

d'Eon: niche , but one of my favorites. have them apply their target focus and evade when a boss is about to drop a NP and watch it fizzle. Note that her offense and NP are lackluster. She's there as a tank.

Nitocris: is a top notch farmer, though not great outside of that. Once her first skill is leveled, she can charge her NP and clear a wave of enemies turn one. She'll save you loads of time as you farm (given how much farming happens here, that's better than it sounds).

Antoinette: unlike the historical Antoinette, is famous for not dying. She can beat up casters while surviving whole lot.

Shinjuku Avenger: Angry dog does good damage and will mess up any Ruler's day

Chacha can only be leveled with the materials from the event that's about to end, you'll have to wait a year for the rerun. Fortunately, anything she can do, Spartacus, who is from the free FP Gacha, can do just as well.

In terms of 1-3* to level: look out for Hans, Mozart, Robin Hood, Spartacus, Cursed Arm Hassan, Euryale, Medea and Cu Culainn (the one with the red spear and blue bodysuit, not the one with the green spear and fur collar).

They're all very good and will help you fill out your teams.

Especially Euryale, who is the perfect counter to some tough bosses that show up later.

Craft Essences:
    As for CEs, they have effects that will be very helpful for team building. Forget about leveling them, it has a very small effect and should be the last thing you think about as a new player.

• Options
    I half expect to
    Tenek wrote: »
    Hello thread! I am new and confused. This is technically my eighth day playing and I have a few good servants... well one at least... with a pile of XP and 30 SQ to spend. Can anyone provide a few pointers?

-Do people just randomly accept friend requests? I understand I need these to access support NPs (at whatever point that starts to matter) but I assume nobody's going to borrow mine for... quite some time.
    -I assume levelling servants to maybe 50ish is pretty cheap, and going past that starts to get super grindy? I've been dumping a bunch of XP and have a couple 40's but I don't know how long the party is going to last as the Master levels spread out and I can't just chain dailies (currently level 41)
    -I see people planning pretty far ahead for various events / target Servants. Are they really that much better, or is it just necessary when you really want someone in particular for whatever reason due to the crap drop chances?
    -I don't have much of a feel for group composition beyond "choose what beats the expected enemies". Any suggestions? I've currently got (S/SSR):

Chevalier
    Nitocris
    Marie Antoinette (Rider)

I was also planning to dump the SQ on the CCC limited summon since it looks like a nice list of options. Is that a bad idea?
    -Still figuring out craft essences. I guess they're basically just equipment you can level?

Pull liberally on the FP summon when you can - it's a good way to fill out the 3*s, and there's a lot of them are quite usable (like literally every 3* archer is good).

For 3* or less to fill your gaps:
    Lancer: Cu Chulainn (not prototype) is really good because he's super good at not dying.
    Archer: Like I said, all of them... Robin Hood is probably the first one I'd focus on, then Euryale for her anti-male niche (you'll want this later for some harder fights). Arash is good to level for farming (He blows himself up with Stella to clear a wave for free basically)
    Caster: While Nitocris will clear out assassins for you without issue, Hans is the go-to support for people who don't have one of the crazy options (Merlin and Waver). Medea is notable for her buff-clearing, but you can ignore that until much later.
    Assassin: Harder to name one here... I want to say Hundred Faces or Fuma are the safest choices.

Also note that Mash is actually one of the best units in the game. Low damage, but respectable support and most importantly zero cost. Also she has no weaknesses except berserkers and no classes resist her.

Your 4*+ there are all worth leveling up, though Marie is a lower tier and Chevalier's value is more in support than damage (and you have Nero Bride, who does both damage and support). Chacha you won't be able to max out until next year's rerun of the event, which is unfortunate since berserkers are good for farming (and really... the only good 3* or less berserker is Asterios, and his gimmick is stalling enemies forever).

• Options
    Forgetting to list Spartacus on the good low rarity Zerker list is OPPRESSION

• Options
    Lu Bu can also blow up things single target with his NP super well, even if that's basically all he can do

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Spartacus makes me highly uncomfortable

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I completely forgot to farm to 600k for Chacha to max her NP. I can max her ascension but only NP4. Kind of annoyed that I forgot about this event on the last day.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Spartacus makes me highly uncomfortable

Spartacus is one of the few Servants I would actually be extremely afraid of if I were his Master.

And Karna is a very amazing Buster AoE Servant who has never let me down! Sure he may not punch the ST damage of Scathach but damn he can pack away most Archer Servants like they're nothing in one blast.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Karna is fine right now, but he'll shine a lot more later this year when he gets his rank up quest for a NP power up

Unboosted AoE Buster NPs are extremely underwhelming

Maddoc on
  • Options
    My Karna is at NP3 I think, so he hits decently hard, especially when Waver and Merlin are backing him up